New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: SZbNAhL's Similarly Sibilant (if unpronouncable) Random Banter #223

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, vs.... metallica. We full-on dropped the ball on it.
    I mean we invented blues and jazz, doesn't mean we cornered the market on it. US metal tends to be much faster and with scooped mids (thrash, speed, death and nu metal.) Northern Europe also had its own thing, like playing metal into fischer price microphones (looking at you Berzum.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

2. - Top - End - #542
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    If you give me $2000, I could customise an amp to go to 12.
    ....but theirs go to 11.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

....but theirs go to 11.
    Exactly .
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    What about that time Helen
    Spoiler
    Show
    stabbed Rob? I mean, sure, he didn't die, but she was damn well trying to.
    I mean, traditionally she'd have to kill several more people and then be killed off karmic ally to be a Soap Opera Murderer.

But my point is that ever since the first Dramatic Fire the writers decided to avoid the soap opera clichés (fires and other disasters, murders, overcomplicated maps of relationships and cheating) and instead focus on the low key, and it worked. Actors who have arrived as youngsters have left of old age.

But yes, more people should listen to The Archers. It's a brilliant insight into what the people in the studio down the road from my old flat in Birmingham think the countryside's like.
    Well they do make extensive use of the BBC farming consultant.

Ah, the Welsh.
    Ah, sorry, you're thinking of the value enemy that you fight when you can't afford the train journey or coat.

I saw. I was comparing the biggest. Which, for the brits, is effectively interchangeable with "best," but is certainly not the case for us.
    The British strategy for music is the American strategy fir everything else.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That's Steppenwolfe, because poor literacy is a good way of stepping around copyright laws.
    Uhh, no it isn't?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

6. - Top - End - #546

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    That's an engineer who hasn't met Nigel Tufnel.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Troll in the Playground

... it really says something about me that I cannot tell, literally, if you mean Dan for Mayor or The Good Place.
    Ah, oops, my mistake. I was referring to The Good Place. That should teach me to make posts late at night.
    ...it should, but it won't.

.... Turn in your poutine and apologize? Actually, scratch that, just mail the poutine to me, I'll take care of it.
    Sorry, even if I do that, it'll just get confiscated and eaten by customs.

An exchange I just had with my sister;

My Sister: When I'm doing your nails if you feel like I'm hurting you tell me

Me: I don' think pain should be involved when you're painting nails. at all.

My Sister: oh right I forgot

I'm like... what???? YOU FORGOT??? FORGOT WHAT???
    That... that is very, very concerning. Much as I'd like someone to help paint my nails, because I always suck at it when I have to use my off-hand... I think I'd prefer to avoid someone who forgets pain shouldn't be involved. Geez.

8. - Top - End - #548

In LaZodiac's sister's defence:
    • Some nail polish can produce adverse reactions in some people. If that is the case, discontinue use immediately.
    • Sometimes holding the fingers steady can cause discomfort, particularly if you have pre-existing injuries.
    • Are we sure she was entirely serious with the "oh right, I forgot" comment...

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #549
    Colossus in the Playground

In my defense I didn't actually know that. I've always seen it as Steppenwolfe.

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Ah, oops, my mistake. I was referring to The Good Place. That should teach me to make posts late at night.
    ...it should, but it won't.

That... that is very, very concerning. Much as I'd like someone to help paint my nails, because I always suck at it when I have to use my off-hand... I think I'd prefer to avoid someone who forgets pain shouldn't be involved. Geez.
    Aah, okay. The Good Place really is great, but I totally get some people needing to know the catch/twist to get into it, and I know the issues that even knowing there is some kind of trick involved lessens the impact a bit. I do still think the reveal is just... intensely good though.

In LaZodiac's sister's defence:
    • Some nail polish can produce adverse reactions in some people. If that is the case, discontinue use immediately.
    • Sometimes holding the fingers steady can cause discomfort, particularly if you have pre-existing injuries.
    • Are we sure she was entirely serious with the "oh right, I forgot" comment...
    1: Fair point
    2: Fairy pointx2, though I'll note I didn't think that was needed on her part.
    3: I am absolutely sure. My sister has a hard ass time with realizing things aren't literal, and is herself all but incapable of sarcasm. It's actually kinda sad because our Dad loves him some sarcastic, biting wit... which she takes as literal every time it comes up. Sadness.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-08-27 at 12:51 PM.

10. - Top - End - #550

Aah, okay. The Good Place really is great, but I totally get some people needing to know the catch/twist to get into it
    I don't. It's Ted Danson! Who doesn't like Ted Danson? People who are wrong, that's who.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-08-27 at 12:53 PM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

I don't. It's Ted Danson! Who doesn't like Ted Danson? People who are wrong, that's who.
    Who? Anyway, shush,The Archers is about to begin.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

12. - Top - End - #552

I mean that's valid, but I can absolutely see people being put off by the initial premise. One of my good good friends was a little unsure of it's quality, and has said herself she might not have finished watching it based on the first few episodes, because it IS a slow burn. Good acting and writing or not, it comes off as a kinda weird premise for a sitcom.

And then it hits. And it's good and powerful. But you need to get to it to experience it, and some people might tap out.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-08-27 at 01:07 PM.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ettin in the Playground

My sister has a hard ass time with realizing things aren't literal
    So do I, as I'm sure you're aware.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

14. - Top - End - #554

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    So do I, as I'm sure you're aware.
    Yup! No judgement, it sucks and makes me feel bad. I'm trying to be a better human being to my sister, and you're part of that inspiration since you remind me of her but with far better control and personal growth behind you.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Is Ted Danson the guy from the 80s Sitcom, Cheers?

16. - Top - End - #556

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Yes, as well as the 90's sitcom Becker, among other things. Best known for Cheers, though.

17. - Top - End - #557

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Yup! It's so weird seeing him in anything else, and looking as old as he does (though he's aged like a fine wine if I do say so myself).

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Yes, as well as the 90's sitcom Becker, among other things. Best known for Cheers, though.
    I remember Becker. He plays as a miserable jerk. I like Ted Danson. Wonderful guy.

19. - Top - End - #559

In my defense I didn't actually know that. I've always seen it as Steppenwolfe.
    I think they might be the ones with poor literacy. I just googled for Steppenwolfe, and every single result on the first two pages was for Scottish comedian "The Reverend Obadian Steppenwolfe III". If it's not on the first two pages of Google it doesn't exist, so I'm not going to look any further.

20. - Top - End - #560

I think they might be the ones with poor literacy. I just googled for Steppenwolfe, and every single result on the first two pages was for Scottish comedian "The Reverend Obadian Steppenwolfe III". If it's not on the first two pages of Google it doesn't exist, so I'm not going to look any further.
    Google's results are personalized, but valid. Mea cupa joe on that one Rawhide.

Point is Born To Be Wild rules.

21. - Top - End - #561

Google's results are personalized, but valid. Mea cupa joe on that one Rawhide.

Eh. Maybe for Oldie McOlderston while cruising in an Oldsmobile.

22. - Top - End - #562

I'm twenty seven. I'm not old I just have good musical taste.

23. - Top - End - #563

I'm twenty seven.
    Ah! You favor a high base for counting, I see!

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah! You favor a high base for counting, I see!
    No, if that were the case, she'd presumably claim to be "R" years old.

I'm N years old, BTW.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

*cracks knuckles*

Get yer motor running.

Born to be Wild is great.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2019-08-27 at 04:15 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #566

Born to be ta-a-a-a-a-a-ame!

27. - Top - End - #567

Okay so here's a random deep cut from hell.

Like a billion years ago there was this great new cartoon animator search. I only remember three shows from it;

1: a super hero, vaguely megaman styled, who attached two celphones to his face to become a hero. One of the test episodes was him fighting an alien robot rabbit thing trying to take over Earth and he blowed him up while saying "Silly rabbit, Earth is for humans!

2: A show about a timber wolf trying to do timber wolf things, but with a tic of saying what he is... with the dire consequence of every time he says timber a tree falls on him. Loon Tunes esque.

3: The George of the Jungle TV Show that actually exists now in real life. Even though I can find no evidence supporting this claim online at all.

My question is um, does anyone else remember this? I wanna watch that first one again. Also I want to prove these were all real.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-08-27 at 04:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I am F8 [hexadecimal], and born to be mild!

Re: fingernail painting

A requirement of being an uncle is to let my niece paint my nails when she was 10. It actually hurt under the nails until I scraped it all off.
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, so, I associate Born to be Wild with the arcade. And mostly Gauntlet: Legends. Because my dad would take my brother and I down there sometimes (before it at last closed, alas), and we tended to play machines that were right by the DDR machine. And the most prominent song for the "attract mode" of that that game was, yes, Born to be Wild. So we heard it a lot while playing Gauntlet.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Well they do make extensive use of the BBC farming consultant.
    I enjoy the implication that the agricultural advisor is intended for use across the BBC and just happens to visit the Archers offices more regularly. Somewhere in the Poldark writing room they're sitting around saying "where the devil's Steve? We can't do this scything scene without him!".

Ah, sorry, you're thinking of the value enemy that you fight when you can't afford the train journey or coat.
    The Scottish? The French? The Cornish? Northerners? Wait ... surely you don't mean the great enemy. They whose name can never be spoken aloud lest it corrupt the very notion of speech itself.
    Spoiler: I cannot even bear to type it unspoilered
    Show
    People who put the tea in before the milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Jeenyus View Post
    Well, I am F8 [hexadecimal], and born to be mild!
    Let's see ... 9+6=15, 15*16=240 ... you're 248? Either I'm missing a joke, one of us sucks at base conversion or the US healthcare system is much better than I've been lead to believe.