New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: SZbNAhL's Similarly Sibilant (if unpronouncable) Random Banter #223

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I am the prettiest, smartest, funniest and most skilled writer on this forum.
    I mean, I'm here, I doubt it.

>Am above average at absolute best
    >a complete moron
    >have never actually finished writing anything

Shut up, me, I'm trying to be more confident.

Unfortunately all the skill points are in underwater table tennis, I should probably invest a few in writing.
    Underwater... table tennis?

I also seem to mainly base video game purchases on how bad everybody claims the game is. Ultima IX has one of the worst control schemes I've seen in a third person RPG, and that's including Daggerfall. At least I picked up 1-6 at the same time.
    Eh. I mostly pick up games because they're on sale.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2019-09-17 at 10:41 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Colossus in the Playground

Underwater table tennis is a real thing.

Also we all know who the best writer on the forum is
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-09-17 at 10:57 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Underwater... table tennis?
    Ping-pong is nowhere near as effective as basket-weaving{.}

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I don't. Is it The Giant? Do comics even count? Is it Munz? Was he even here recently enough to qualify?

Is it you? It's probably you.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2019-09-17 at 11:00 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

4. - Top - End - #1054

BlackDragon

I also seem to mainly base video game purchases on how bad everybody claims the game is. Ultima IX has one of the worst control schemes I've seen in a third person RPG, and that's including Daggerfall. At least I picked up 1-6 at the same time.
    Oh, if the control scheme were the only thing wrong with Ultima IX it wouldn't have the reputation it has. It's more the way it defecates from a great height all over the storyline and themes of the series it's nominally a part of that annoyed fans. TBH, if you want to play a really good Ultima RPG then you should have gone for 7--6 and earlier, while good, are a bit primitive to modern sensibilities and 8 was too arcadey for its own good.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

Underwater table tennis is a real thing.
    ....... but... but why?

Gengy? TheDarkDM? Rolepgeek? Raz_Fox? The Giant? I know kaio999 has a book out...

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #1056

....... but... but why?

Gengy? TheDarkDM? Rolepgeek? Raz_Fox? The Giant? I know kaio999 has a book out...
    For the same reason we climb mountains.

I've only heard of one of those people but fair point on the big man upstairs.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

For the same reason we climb mountains.

I've only heard of one of those people but fair point on the big man upstairs.
    Zodi there is no summit underwater.

And I'm not surprised; most of those people are more active in the roleplay boards than RB.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #1058

And I'm not surprised; most of those people are more active in the roleplay boards than RB.
    The mountains are above water but the point stands. Also there is absolutely underwater mountains, goofball.

Yeah that'd probably be why.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

The mountains are above water but the point stands.
    Mountains that go above the water are called land. And underwater they may be, but you still need to go *down* to get to them.

Also there is absolutely underwater mountains, goofball.
    Are. hail grammar

And while they may technically be summits I don't think it really counts as a metaphorical summit if you have to swim DOWNWARD to get to them (at that stage wouldn't the valleys and trenches be more impressive?)
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2019-09-17 at 01:36 PM.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

You may be the best, but I am still the prettiest!

Also yes, I am that vain, there are so many times when I feel like the prettiest person in the room. I need to grow my hair out and wear it in proper Celtic Warrior braids!

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Oh, if the control scheme were the only thing wrong with Ultima IX it wouldn't have the reputation it has. It's more the way it defecates from a great height all over the storyline and themes of the series it's nominally a part of that annoyed fans. TBH, if you want to play a really good Ultima RPG then you should have gone for 7--6 and earlier, while good, are a bit primitive to modern sensibilities and 8 was too arcadey for its own good.
    Unfortunately I didn't pick up Ultima VII before the sale ended. I got 1-6 because I actually wanted to experience it from the beginning, and IX to see if it's truly terrible without having played the previous games.

Even ignoring the betrayal it's a serious contender for Worst Game Ever. The controls are bad, the combat is dull, the story is confusing, and the main character is unlikeable. Ultima 1 can't be that bad compared to this.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

And while they may technically be summits I don't think it really counts as a metaphorical summit if you have to swim DOWNWARD to get to them (at that stage wouldn't the valleys and trenches be more impressive?)
    Sure they do. It is very ego/human centric to say that Mauna Kea is not an immense mountain just because WE happen to start most of the way up already.

and since to reach the highest state or degree (a metaphorical summit) one would need its comparative..thus the opposite would be its lowest point if we are going to use a distance based system. (One could use a temporal "starting" point but that again assumes a shared frame of reference that is not really assumable IMO)

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sktarq View Post
    Sure they do. It is very ego/human centric to say that Mauna Kea is not an immense mountain just because WE happen to start most of the way up already.
    I don't think it really counts as a metaphorical summit if you have to swim DOWNWARD to get to them (at that stage wouldn't the valleys and trenches be more impressive?)
    Mauna Kea is above sea level, you do not have to swim down to reach it. Also, yes, it is less impressive to climb something if you start most of the way up it.

Try reading the things you're responding to, please.

and since to reach the highest state or degree (a metaphorical summit) one would need its comparative..thus the opposite would be its lowest point if we are going to use a distance based system. (One could use a temporal "starting" point but that again assumes a shared frame of reference that is not really assumable IMO)
    If you're not going to have any common frame of reference then there's no way to discuss anything.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2019-09-17 at 02:49 PM.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I am the prettiest, smartest, funniest and most skilled writer on this forum.

Unfortunately all the skill points are in underwater table tennis, I should probably invest a few in writing.

Lies. I'm the prettiest, smartest, funniest and most skilled writer in this forum.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

Nonono, the answer to "Why do you want to climb [the mountain]?" is "Because it's there."
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Mauna Kea is above sea level, you do not have to swim down to reach it. Also, yes, it is less impressive to climb something if you start most of the way up it.

Try reading the things you're responding to, please..
    Oh I did read it. I'm just saying climbing mauna kea, if done from the base will be a bigger summit...And you do have to swim down to reach the base and start climbing from there...that's A LOT more work. . . . your way assumes people are starting at sea level. I'm saying it would matter more about DeltaXZ no matter where you start from for it to be a summit. If you want to "summit" an underwater mountain you certainly can, it just needs you to start on the ocean floor first. So sea-cucumbers may do it all the time, humans not so much...(Now I have images of sea urchins planting little flags running through my head)

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mountains that go above the water are called land. And underwater they may be, but you still need to go *down* to get to them.

To mangle C.S Lewis: 'To mer-folk, mountains and valleys are the opposite under the sea. They build their towns in the peaceful peaks and their knights descend into the depths where the monsters lurk'

So 'climbing' sea mountains would potentially involve trying to reach their bases and could be very difficult!

Also the usual answer to why people go mountain-climbing is 'because it's there'
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    To mangle C.S Lewis: 'To mer-folk, mountains and valleys are the opposite under the sea. They build their towns in the peaceful peaks and their knights descend into the depths where the monsters lurk'

So 'climbing' sea mountains would potentially involve trying to reach their bases and could be very difficult!

Also the usual answer to why people go mountain-climbing is 'because it's there'
    Descending is not ascending. You need to go back regardless.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2019-09-17 at 04:53 PM.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Descending is not ascending. You need to go back regardless.
    I suppose you weren't a fan of Darles Charwin's "The Ascent of Merman" then?

I personally found his arguments a little fishy.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-09-17 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I might be open to try kale-flavored candy canes this Christmas. I know it too early but I just read this in a news article that some people say that kale-flavored candy canes will ruin Christmas.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I might be open to try kale-flavored candy canes this Christmas. I know it too early but I just read this in a news article that some people say that kale-flavored candy canes will ruin Christmas.
    How would they ruin Christmas? Even if they taste awful, you just don't eat them.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    How would they ruin Christmas? Even if they taste awful, you just don't eat them.
    Because it's kale. The article words, not mine.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

Lies. I'm the prettiest, smartest, funniest and most skilled writer in this forum.
    How can you be, you don't possess the pearly pink poncho of permanent perfect pristine prettiness

So I got the Ultima VII Complete Collection as well, maybe I'll look into recording my playthrough of 1-7 and upload a let's play. Alternatively I could not embarrass myself with my fumbling about being unable to work out how to play these old games.

And people say I'm not in a relationship because I never commit to anything...
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2019-09-17 at 05:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

How can you be, you don't possess the pearly pink poncho of permanent perfect prestine prettiness

So I got the Ultima VII Complete Collection as well, maybe I'll look into recording my playthrough of 1-7 and upload a let's play. Alternatively I could not embarrass myself with my fumbling about being unable to work out how to play these old games.

I thought it was because you go around telling everyone their tea habits are wrong :P

Embarrassing yourself is the whole reason I watch people play games. I watch some streamers just so I can yell at their mistakes, and others so I can laugh at them.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

How can you be, you don't possess the pearly pink poncho of permanent perfect prestine prettiness

What the pink text signify?

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

I thought it was because you go around telling everyone their tea habits are wrong :P
    Only when I'm outside southern England England Great Britain the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland the British Isles. My problems inside them are entirely due to my repulsive personality

Embarrassing yourself is the whole reason I watch people play games. I watch some streamers just so I can yell at their mistakes, and others so I can laugh at them.
    Yeah I know, the main problems are actually 1) not knowing what recording software to use, 2) not having a decent microphone, and 3) knowing nothing about editing videos. But it's something I want to do.

What the pink text signify?
    Pinkness.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2019-09-17 at 06:18 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Only whiten I'm outside southern England England Great Britain the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland the British Isles. My problems inside them are entirely due to my repulsive personality

Yeah I know, the main problems are actually 1) not knowing what recording software to use, 2) not having a decent microphone, and 3) knowing nothing about editing videos. But it's something I want to do.

Pinkness.
    You whiten outside the British Islands? With your weather I imagine you would get tanner (or if like me, redder.)

It is lightish red.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose you weren't a fan of Darles Charwin's "The Ascent of Merman" then?

I personally found his arguments a little fishy.

Oh, I do believe that the best writer has been found.

Only when I'm outside southern England England Great Britain the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland the British Isles...
    You whiten outside the British Islands? With your weather I imagine you would get tanner (or if like me, redder.)

It is lightish red.

As Anonymouswizard has previously indicated which of the British Isles his ancestors came from (that would be the Island where some may object to being called such), and as I also have ancestors that came from that island I have a suspicion why the whitening in sunnier climes:

I've said more than once: "Please let me get my hat, you know my people catch fire" (note to self, stay in San Francisco's fog belt).

From turning to ash

So much lotion is used afterwards!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ettin in the Playground

Having found the article it looks like the kale-flavored candy canes are a joke. Like you buy them as a joke. They also sell Mac&Cheese, Ham, and Pizza flavored candy canes.
    My Avatar is Glimtwizzle, a Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist by Cuthalion.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AMFV View Post
    Having found the article it looks like the kale-flavored candy canes are a joke. Like you buy them as a joke. They also sell Mac&Cheese, Ham, and Pizza flavored candy canes.
    Really? That's interesting.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ettin in the Playground

Really? That's interesting.
    Like you'd buy it as a prank for a friend, or to tease a friend that's too into health food. That kind of thing.
    My Avatar is Glimtwizzle, a Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist by Cuthalion.