New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: SZbNAhL's Similarly Sibilant (if unpronouncable) Random Banter #223

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    To everybody who gave me advice re: my mental state, yeah, I know it's probably more that way round than the other way, but it still hurts for people who've not been outside a relationship for a decade or longer to go 'oh don't worry about it, it's nothing important'.
    Is it OK if someone who *has* been outside any sort of relationship for most of his adult life to tell you "don't worry about it, it's not important", then? You need to define yourself by who *you* are, not by who you're in (or not in) a relationship with.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

To everybody who gave me advice re: my mental state, yeah, I know it's probably more that way round than the other way, but it still hurts for people who've not been outside a relationship for a decade or longer to go 'oh don't worry about it, it's nothing important'.
    I’ve been single for longer than that and I still think you’re beating yourself up way too much.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Barbarian in the Playground

Anon wizard, I just want you to know, I sympathize with you. However, I have never been in any kind of serious relationship so I have been withholding any relationship advice.
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Is it OK if someone who *has* been outside any sort of relationship for most of his adult life to tell you "don't worry about it, it's not important", then? You need to define yourself by who *you* are, not by who you're in (or not in) a relationship with.
    Yes, it is okay if somebody in that position says it. It might sound stupid, but I dislike it more because it feels like somebody with functioning legs telling a paraplegic that they'll walking if they give it time more than the actual words being said.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    I’ve been single for longer than that and I still think you’re beating yourself up way too much.
    I'm not going to argue with that, it's just that when you get to the point that people see your happy mask so much that the times emotions burst past it you get told 'you should be happy'* that feelings begin to simmer. Believe it or not, the fact that I'm actually talking about this (both here and to friends IRL) means I'm in a much better position than I was years ago.

Emotional repression: because we wouldn't be British otherwise.

* Yes, that can be a very horrible thing to say. I'm still friends with literally one person who said that, and that's because they're the only one who followed it by trying to help me deal with it.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I read Deities And Demigods about the divine rank. So I thought that Social Blade should give each gives Youtuber subscriber titles (Quasi-Youtubers, Demi-Youtubers, Lesser Youtubers, Intermediate Youtubers and Greater Youtubers.) To me, I consider myself a Demi-Youtuber because I have 396 subscribers. So what do you think of that idea?

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

I've got an interview in a couple of hours

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I read Deities And Demigods about the divine rank. So I thought that Social Blade should give each gives Youtuber subscriber titles (Quasi-Youtubers, Demi-Youtubers, Lesser Youtubers, Intermediate Youtubers and Greater Youtubers.) To me, I consider myself a Demi-Youtuber because I have 396 subscribers. So what do you think of that idea?
    What would be the point? Besides telling people that under a certain arbitrary threshold they don’t count as true youtubers? Also what is Social Blade?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

What would be the point? Besides telling people that under a certain arbitrary threshold they don’t count as true youtubers? Also what is Social Blade?
    The point is that each Youtuber hold a title dependng on the number of subscribers they have. Social Blade is a social media website that give each social media (Such as Youtube) statistics.

9. - Top - End - #1419

BlackDragon

I think it makes no sense at all? Socialblade isn't there so Youtubers can compete for e-kudos.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ettin in the Playground

To figure out what kind of spells they can give their clerics obviously. And what Divine abilities they possess.
    My Avatar is Glimtwizzle, a Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist by Cuthalion.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I think it makes no sense at all? Socialblade isn't there so Youtubers can compete for e-kudos.
    It makes perfect sense. Beside I think it's a good idea.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Titan in the Playground

But what would the point be? Why would anyone want to rank youtubers? Especially since as they are not YouTube, they would have a hell of a job to do to keep track of each one.

Edit:
    I hope it went well.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2019-10-07 at 06:13 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Titan in the Playground

And now we're getting to why I hate the idea of A-list/B-list... YouTubers. It's based entirely on popularity, which isn't directly linked to quality, and it's time consuming to compare to everybody on it without asking YouTube.

Not to mention that if I began a YouTube channel where I did dramatic readings of xkcd comics I'd be targeting a more niche audience than a channel that does dramatic readings of Harry Potter fanfiction, who's targeting a more niche audience than somebody who does videos on the latest open world gambling simulators. If a channel is only targeting 800 people but has 500 subscribers is it a lesser channel than one targeting an audience of a million with 100,000 subscribers?

ETA: still waiting for my train to the interview....
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2019-10-07 at 06:21 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

But what would the point be? Why would anyone want to rank youtubers? Especially since as they are not YouTube, they would have a hell of a job to do to keep track of each one.

Edit:

I hope it went well.
    Social Blade do a very good job to rank Youtubers and they're very on top of that.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Good luck (if it hasn't already happened)!
    Last edited by Mith; 2019-10-07 at 07:01 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

And now we're getting to why I hate the idea of A-list/B-list... YouTubers. It's based entirely on popularity, which isn't directly linked to quality, and it's time consuming to compare to everybody on it without asking YouTube.

Not to mention that if I began a YouTube channel where I did dramatic readings of xkcd comics I'd be targeting a more niche audience than a channel that does dramatic readings of Harry Potter fanfiction, who's targeting a more niche audience than somebody who does videos on the latest open world gambling simulators. If a channel is only targeting 800 people but has 500 subscribers is it a lesser channel than one targeting an audience of a million with 100,000 subscribers?

Greater Youtubers (A Youtuber who has millions of subscribers or more) tend to fuel drama for popularity.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    Good luck (if it hasn't already happened)!
    Thanks, hurdle 1 (getting on a train in time) has been past, and I should have over half an hour to get the bus to the site.

Also, I'd argue that a Great YouTuber is one that doesn't create drama.

Show

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Thanks, hurdle 1 (getting on a train in time) has been past, and I should have over half an hour to get the bus to the site.

I've been on Youtube for so many years and I've seen so many Youtubers (major and minor) caused a lot of drama.

19. - Top - End - #1429

Good luck!

I am the only good gamer and the only good person who makes videos on line (not true just exaggerating)

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I am the only good gamer and the only good person who makes videos on line (not true just exaggeratingexaggerating just true)
    Come on, I'm sure we all know what's really true here

Interview didn't go terribly, it overran and I was never asked to stop so I might have a good shot. It just depends on how they've taken my quirks (hello speech problems).

Show

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Ettin in the Playground

Good luck.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, birthdays.

That one day of the year where everything seems to go your way.

And I get to reflect on how I've made it to [current age] and not done anything to become independent and do something with my life. Which gets harder and harder to dismiss each year.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Ah, birthdays.

And I get to reflect on how I've made it to [current age] and not done anything to become independent and do something with my life. Which gets harder and harder to dismiss each year.
    Happy birthday!
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, birthdays.

Happy Birthday!

And Happy Unbirthday to everybody else!

Show

25. - Top - End - #1435

Ah, birthdays.

It took me until I was 27 to liberate myself from the confines of those who abused me. You can do it HT.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ettin in the Playground

Bill and Bob were asked by the teacher whether to use "had" or "had had" in a particular sentence. Bill, while Bob had had "had" had had "had had." "Had had" had had a better effect on the teacher.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2019-10-08 at 01:29 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Bill and Bob were asked by the teacher whether to use "had" or "had had" in a particular sentence. Bill, while Bob had had "had" had had "had had." "Had had" had had a better effect on the teacher.
    My brain melted a bit reading this. Thanks for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

28. - Top - End - #1438

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    And crazy to think, all of this went down in Buffalo.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ettin in the Playground

Edited to reflect this revelation.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You mean Bison?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".