New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Hexblade patron - trickster patron flavoring?

Looking to re-flavour the hexblade patron to be a trickster. The only thing I can think of is Fey and they already have a patron.

Can anyone else think of a creature powerful enough to be a hexblade patron and is more illusion and trickster focused than the Raven Queen
    Last edited by nickl_2000; 2019-08-25 at 08:49 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Hexblade patron - trickster patron flavoring?

I made my trickster hexblade patron a divine blade under the rule of the god of lies.

My pact weapon wasn't beautiful when examine with detect magic but the character was a great cheater.

A Warlock is a good liar with his charisma.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSnake'sCha View Post
    I made my trickster hexblade patron a divine blade under the rule of the god of lies.

My pact weapon wasn't beautiful when examine with detect magic but the character was a great cheater.

A Warlock is a good liar with his charisma.
    The character intent is a changeling jokester, illusionist, and social manipulator. The stats aren't the best so the hexblade cha to attack will help with optimization

That's a good idea and a good way to go. It also leaves it open for the DM to mess with the character through secrets in the pact.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Spoiler: 5e Subclass Contest Wins
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XIII-Rogue, Tavern Wench
    ● XV-Monk, Way of the Shrine Guardian
    ● XVI-Cleric, Madness Domain
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXI-Artificer, Battling Bowman
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Honesty the flavoring of Hexblade patrons is always hard. A fey type tinkerer always getting into trouble and has the perfect item to escape fits the patron really well. Assuming your DM isn't a big stickler on things like this as "RAW" I see no reason why patrons can't fulfill the functions of multiple patrons. Part of it is the problem that Hexblade is closer to the boon than not. If you don't just want to use a fey, just say there is a Tinkering out there in the multiverse making weapons and stuff and be vague on origins. In my world I made a sentient book be a hexblade patron and it was basically an AI created by a lazy archfey who didn't want to do the math so eh created something to od it so an sentient magic item created by an archfey can also work.