New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: [IC] Summit: Pokémon Battle Circuit Association - PW

Akio overhears the time the bus leaves off at and decides to pick up his pokemon from the nurse and see what he might be able to find in the local library, preferring to narrow his search for legends, sites that have been discovered around the location, and pokemon species native to the area in not high quantities along with dangerous pokemon he should be aware of.

He seeks to acquire during his search a copy of a physical map of not only the region but of the forest his group will be exploring and noting any interesting locations he finds in there like caves, mountains, glades, old campsites, ruins, shrines, trails and the like.

After gathering this information he will head over to the bus stop to meet with everyone else.
    Akio Feral

Cleric of Terrakion, Initative 15

Spoiler: Current Pokemon
    Show

Nickname Pokemon Initiative
    Zenis Gible 15
    Rine Arauma 7
    Endurance Jangmo-o 10
    Masama Gligar 20

Spoiler: Character Info
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

"I am looking for a weapon to protect myself with. With the possible threat of Ursaring I don't want to be caught unguarded." She holds up her hands in front of her, watching them phase slightly becoming incorporeal and re-solidifying "I have ways to defend myself thanks to my training before hand, but I don't feel up to the challenge of brawling one of those especially up close."
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-09-18 at 02:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Claw and Shell walk

Stein watches Alaina from the corner of his eye. "Weapons are rather nifty. One of the reasons I want to see if they can modify something already made as I'd rather not fight one with a simple metal staff. Tell you what though, in any case I will have your back Alaina. What kind of martial artist training did you take on?" Stein also turns to Skye. "What kind of weapon are you thinking Skylar?" As they walk, Stein thinks some more and start thinking out loud. "Now that I think about it, where have I heard the name Faust before...…"
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-09-18 at 02:54 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

"I lived at a Tai Chi Dojo where my father taught and trained. I eventually began teaching myself once I learned everything from him." She smiles more to herself than anyone else "Most people underestimate the martial art when they first join but quickly learn after a demonstration." She looks up to Stein "What sort of modifications did you have in mind for that staff?"
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-09-18 at 03:09 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Talking to Stein and Alaina

"My father is Dr. James Faust. He's a Pokemon Biologist here in Illigo. He's actually the one that helped me with Cinder and Thorne. So I'm sorry that I can't really tell you exactly how they've been changed into dragons. I helped him a little in the lab, but it was mostly pressing buttons when he told me to," she says with a sheepish grin. "As for weapons, I'm actually not sure. I guess I'll have to see what they have to offer at the shop."

Skylar listens to Alaina and replies, "Tai Chi, hmm? I would love to watch you train at some point. I think it would be interesting to see something that I usually see used for meditation in combat."
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2019-09-18 at 03:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

"I'd like that. I wouldn't be opposed to teaching a few things while I train either since it looks like my pokemon were slacking I think going over the basics with them again would be good." She says to Skylar

7. - Top - End - #187

AssassinGuy

Alaina and Skylar

Stein listens intently at Alaina's explanation. "Ah Tai Chi. One of the most elegant and most dangerous for your opponent. Many make the mistake of underestimating the power of using your opponent's force against them but turn quickly at that site. I commend you for the great training! Now I'm curious what weapon would go well with that." As she asks about the staff modifications, Stein shrugs slightly. "I'm not entirely sure. Maybe something that would let it do some type of elemental damage or even just a part to break it up and reform it into a section staff. But I'd probably have to buy an entirely new one at that point. I think I'll stick with seeing if they could add some form of elemental power to it. Never hurts to ask."

As Skylar mentions her father's name, and tells him about her role in the lab Stein stops for a moment. "That's where I've heard it before! Dr. James Faust is your father? FANTASTIC! That means you're from Opelucid City in Unova yes? Small world indeed. I'm from Castelia City. I mean, I did do some research on his physiology research and what he said could be done but we may have taken two different methods. No worries that you can't tell me the exact methods, it's amazing to know. I'd love to be able to compare notes with him on this. The methods would be vastly different now that I think about it between Ghosts and Dragons, but being able to learn more about the changing of physiology? That would be absolutely fantastic!" It almost seems like he could keep going on. "True enough, no way to be sure what calls to you until you see it. That all being said." Stein starts to address both in turn. "If they do have a spare tool kit, once I learn more of how to make and modify these Pokeballs I will gladly do so for you both."
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-09-18 at 03:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Ramona fiddles with her PDA...
    Spoiler: OOC And Rolls
    Show

Ramona isnt good with tech...
    Roll:http://orokos.com/roll/757319

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Ramona taps a few buttons and manages to turn it on... but not must past that... "New.. Fangled... Whatsits.. Gah I just don't get these new machines..." She downtroddenly slumps "Any help? I can't work this thing..."

9. - Top - End - #189

AssassinGuy

A few minutes earlier......

Steins walks over to help out Ramona. "Here you go Ramona. I'll walk you through the entire process right fast. You can decide if you want any of this to stay up or not." Stein walks her through the set up of the PDA and how to find her money tracker and even the security features. While he does walk her through setting up the finger print and retina scan, letting her decide if she wants to use them or not.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Remembering her conversations earlier, Danetta will search out Stein in the area, but quickly realize that he's already gone.

After that, she'll start looking for Racquel, she said something about a team and cooperation.

11. - Top - End - #191

AssassinGuy

Also a bit earlier....

As Danetta approaches Stein about the PDA, he walks her through the same motions as well.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

"Oh thanks... Im not to keen on these things.."
    Ramona tries to keep up with Steins instruction, she works out the bank app, and barely manages to follow the retina scan and fingerprint set up.
    "That's a whole lotta things to keep track of.. I reallly do appreciate the help"
    Spoiler: Shopping
    Show

10 Poke Balls(+1 Premier)- 2,500
    Climbing Kit-600
    5 Affliction Heals- 1000
    Total Spent-4,100
    Remaining-7,900

13. - Top - End - #193
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

As he's walking her through biometrics, "I-is this really necessary? In theory, if I keep a good eye on it, I wont need all this, right?"

14. - Top - End - #194
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Weapon Crew
    Show
    After a short walk down the road you come to the Claw and shell A building that Dominates the Majority of the block aside from a small restaurant called Barry's Boufallant Burgers which features a stylized Bouffalant leaning against the lettering of the logo. Once through the Doors of Claw and Shell rows of weapons line the wall to your left as far as you can see. You hear weapons striking target and hammer striking steel in the distance. You see a Dark-Haired woman wearing a thick apron, covered in soot with thick gloves.She brushes her hair out of her face while intently working on something.

"Look sharp, Stones. Greenies inbound." a voice calls from the training yard. Two Men Shout from the back as the woman Looks up from her work and smiles at you. "Aye! Welcome ta Claw n Shell, greenies. "How're yuh today?" She says, looking to your group. "Lookin' fer a gud basher are ye? Well you're in the right place! Take a lookieloo an see if you got something the catches yer eye?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You may ask about any special items or weapons above Fine Grade

Spoiler: Knowledge is Power - Akio
    Show
    You make your way over to the Trier Public Library to search for the information you were looking for. Once inside you see massive shelves of books lining the walls of the library and creating ailes for people to peruse. You set out to gather the info you seek.

Spoiler: Academic Edu: DC 10,Pokémon Edu: DC 12, Occult Edu: DC 15
    Show
    Spoiler: Academic Pass
    Show
    The Physical map of the Illigo you're looking for contains a Map of Watersmeet Forest. Several locations have been marked:
    Elias Hill
    Cresent Temple
    Watersmeet Point
    Redcliff Cave.
    Spoiler: PokeEdu Pass
    Show
    The latest dangers of the Forest and surrounding areas dominate local news. "Ursaring Sighted In Local Forest." ,"Ursaring attacks multiple campsites.", "Rangers deployed to help Stave off Encroaching Ursaring."
    Spoiler: Occult Edu. Pass
    Show
    Looking into lore about the area yield you a short video about Cresent Temple. A young woman in priestly robes speaks on the significance of the temple and how the place is built with the balance of nature in mind and moves with nature rather than in spite of it.
    Spoiler: Fail
    Show
    You find a map with rudimentary information but not much else.
    Last edited by TJ Zen; 2019-09-20 at 12:12 AM.
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Alaina browses the shop looking at all the different types of weapons thumbing through the options. She walks up to the dark haired lady "Say, what's the average cost of one of your simpler weapons? Also I'm looking for a weapon that can be used in both close quarters or a bit of range. Maybe something that I could handle more loosely than a bow or sword. Do you have anything like that or something similar?"

Spoiler: Purchases
    Show
    Alaina will buy a Fine Chain weapon is possible that narratively would be a Kusarigama as well as some light ablative armour.

Fine Chain Weapon - 3,600
    Light Ablative Armour - 1,000
    Total - 4,600
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-09-18 at 05:19 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Looking around the shop, Ramona is like a giddy kid in a candy store, her eyes glowing as she sees familiar weapons on the wall. "Ah, finally some quality stuff here." Ramona scoops up a set of nice knifes off the wall and a set of shurikens from a case of glass. "I'll take these please"
    Spoiler: Purchase
    Show

1 Fine Paired Weapons- 3,600
    1 Set of Fine Thrown Weapons- 1,500
    Total Spent- 5,100
    Remaining- 2,800
    Last edited by Ravermonk; 2019-09-18 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Final Remaining Amount was wrong

17. - Top - End - #197

AssassinGuy

With Danetta
    Stein pauses for a moment at Danetta’s question. “True I suppose that this is unnecessary in that case.”

At the shop...
    Stein looks around and inquires with the owner.

“Do you have any Pokeball Tool Kits available? Also do you modify weapons or would buying a higher quality be better?”

After his curiosity is satiated and his shopping complete, he makes his way back to the Quest House with his companions.

Spoiler: Shopping if all works well
    Show

Regardless of the answer to modifications, Stein will buy a Fine quality staff $3000
    and a Pokeball Tool Kit if they have it for $1000

$1500 remaining of his starting funds.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-09-19 at 11:39 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

A large recurve bow hung on the wall catches Skylar's eye. "It's perfect. How much for that one?" she asks the woman. Whatever the answer, Skylar leaves the shop with a new bow, a quiver full of arrows, and a leather arm guard with a large grin. She'll wait for her companions before walking back to the Quest House with them.

Skylar will by a Fine Bow- 4500
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2019-09-19 at 11:03 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Accepting Stein's help while grumbling about "infernal contraptions." She does overhear the conversation between Stein and the Professor, and interjects: "Doc, is there any way you could get me in one of those suits? I'd hate to be forced buy a weapon when I don't need one. With one of those, I am my weapon."

"Danetta, yes? Come with me. Do you know what supplies you want? You can buy the same things as me if you want."
    Spoiler: Shopping
    Show
    10x Basic Ball(One Premier Ball), 5 Great Balls, 5 Potions, 3 Revives. Spending 11,500Pokken.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

"Umm. I would think just balls and bait, right? I already have weapons and most of my team put together... Is there- Is there anything you still need?"

As she says this, she shrugs the bag on her back

"Rachel? Was it?"

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Akio searches the library deeply through the archives, looking into the knowledge accrued of the pokemon in the region and for any records of interesting locations, keeping an eye on the time. He only had so long to make sure his time was spent fruitfully within the wilds. He could rest later.
    Akio Feral

Show

Zenis Gible 15
    Rine Arauma 7
    Endurance Jangmo-o 10
    Masama Gligar 20

Show

22. - Top - End - #202

AssassinGuy

EARLIER!

As Racquel grumbles and seems to complain while Stein is helping his teammates, he decides to have a little fun. "Ah they can be infernal sometimes but no gremlins in this one." He walks her through everything else. "Just as a precaution, here's the security settings. Here's a fingerprint reader and retina scanner on the off chance someone else has a hold of this. Set these up and they can't use it." Stein walks Raquel through setting it up.

OOC: OK I am done time warping for now

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: Pokeman loyal and stuff
    Show

.1 loyalty to mimikyu
    17 xp to mimikyu
    47 left
    19 xp to flaffy
    28 left
    19 xp to Minun
    9 left
    all 3 pokemons get up the next level like bosses
    mimikyu gets extra 9 xp

Mix makes her way with everyone through the streets of Trier just taking in the sights, a little sad she lost the battle but glad for the experience and tips. It's weird to see people waving at her but Mix just happily waved back at them with a big smile across her face.
    Mix tried her best to stay quiet in front of Professor Sequoia. She did, however, look around the lab
    Spoiler: Rolling for Tech EDU
    Show

http://orokos.com/roll/757743 like a 3 ? maybe you roll more thana d6? , Mix sees a Pichu zap some clothes?

"Congrats on the internship !!" Mix waved happily as the girl Phoebe told her dad about it and then left
    "Watersmeet Forest. sounds cool, im in" Mix picked up the PDA and took a look at it before heading down to the shop and then grabbing her pokemon
    orokos.com/roll/757874 3 i dont know nothin

Spoiler: stuff bought
    Show

10 Great balls
    3 revives
    3 first aid kids
    5 Affliction Heals

MAKE IT RAIN
    Last edited by LoFiBaseSnacks; 2019-09-21 at 12:09 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

After all your purchases are made, you make your way back to Quest PC where both Desireé and Vera are waiting on you. "Everyone got their Equipment? Good. The bus is packed and we're ready to roll. We've got a lot of work to do before the Rating Game starts." Vera says. "Go pack. We leave in 30."

Once everyone has packed and boarded the bus, it pulls off towards the forest on the horizon. The city quickly gives way to rolling hills and sparse woods that seem to thicken with each passing moment. It takes about an hour and half before the bus comes to stop at a small cabin. A man in a ranger outfit steps out and speaks to Desireé for a moment she presents her PDA The looks at the display and nods, ushering the bus forward. You see a sign for Watersmeet Forest and the start of a stone path flanked by shimenawa that leads further away from the road.

The bus slowly lurches up the steady incline for about 10 minutes before the Desireé stands. "We're here guys. This is where we'll get started. Crescent Cabin." She's almost beaming at the sight and rushes off the bus when it reaches a stop. She running towards the door and stops short as it opens and a elderly man walks outside. She immediately drops her bags and bows to the elderly man. He nods in acknowledgement and motions to the open area next to the door. She walks over to a mark opposite the man. She draws a deep breath and takes a fighter's pose. The old man matches her. A beat passes and she rushes the old man with a barrage of attacks that the old man dodges or parries, seeming to flow in the stream of attacks. And in an instant, throws a punch that stops just short of his opponents face. The two step back, bow and then embrace each other, laughing. They collect her things and walk into the Cabin

Spoiler: Perception 15
    Show
    She also would've connected a punch at that moment.

As you disembark, you feel the air is thin and crisp here as a breeze slices past you. Vera smiles, "This place is a great honor to visit. Treat the facilities with care and proper deference to Haku-sensei. One of the last Great Masters." She hefts her bag over her shoulder and makes her way in. You grab your things and follow suit.

Entering the building, the place gives you a sense of serenity As if everything is where it should be. The old man reappears. He walks with a small hunch and has thick white hair and eyebrows to complement his moustache. He smiles a toothy grin and bows to you all. "Welcome to my home, I hope its to your liking. I'll be hosting you for the next few days, so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I know you're busy during your time here but please take care out there. There are dangerous Pokémon that can become strong allies and worthy foes but care to not get overwhelemed."

"Alright guys, the goal of the trip is to have at least a full roster to field before we return home to Quest." You'll be traveling the area in groups of 3 to go looking for Pokémon. You should be able to handle nearly any situation with those numbers. Alaina, Danetta and Akio will travel together today. Stein, Mix, and Racquel will travel together. Ramona and Skylar are with Desireé. These groups will change during the trip. Drop off your things and be ready to head out ASAP.

When you are ready you're given a physical map of the area as well and some emergency supplies. "Decide where you want to start looking and get moving, Dinner is at 8. Be back by then." Vera says.

Spoiler: The Hunt Begins!
    Show
    The Map has several places clearly marked on it:
    Elias Hill
    Cresent Temple
    Watersmeet Point
    Redcliff Cave
    (Select an Area And Make a Perception, PokeEdu, Academic Edu, Intuition, or Survival Roll)
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Alaina bows to the old man when he returns. After Vera finishes speaking Alaina will drop off her non-essential belongings and make her way to Akio and Danetta. "So where do you guys want to travel to? I was a little interested in the Temple or the Caves. If you guys are wanting to go elsewhere I wouldn't mind leaving those places for another day." She says pointing to their places on the map.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-09-21 at 08:35 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Thumbs down Re: [IC] Summit: Pokémon Battle Circuit Association - PW

Akio releases his three pokemon from their balls to stretch, walk around and follow the group and nods at Alaina's suggestion.

"I will be honest, my greatest interest lies with visiting the temple as soon as possible, if nothing more than to bless the rest of our stay in these woods. After that I'm happy to explore following the both of your interests. The caves do seem intriguing."

Spoiler: Crescent Temple Survival Roll
    Show

11, any bonuses from researching?
    Akio Feral

Show

Zenis Gible 15
    Rine Arauma 7
    Endurance Jangmo-o 10
    Masama Gligar 20

Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Following Akio's example, she also releases her pokemon. Immediately, the two birds (Rowlet and Murkrow) fly up into the trees and almost out of view.

"Temples and caves sound good to me if that's what you guys want..."

As she says that, she opens up her bag and pulls out two matching pistol grip crossbows and fastens one to each hip. She also pulls out a small quiver filled with bolts on a belt and pulls it around her waist.

"I think we're ready whenever you are."

Survival: 13

28. - Top - End - #208

AssassinGuy

Stein bows to the man and thanks him for allowing them to use his home. He calls out Gill to let the Totodile stretch his legs some as they walk. As the teams were announced, he felt a sense of dread as he hadn’t he spoken to either Mix or Racquel save for momentarily. At least they will change daily...... He thought to himself. As it came time to break off, he turned to the pair.

”What do you two think of the Redcliff Cave? Seems more often that stronger specimens live in the mountains and more than likely we’ll find something else on the way. Aside from that I figure Elias Hill.”

He doesn’t seem to really care one way or another and if there isn’t a dissenting opinion he makes way to Redcliff Cave, unless the others decide otherwise. Staff in hand and Gill following closely.

Spoiler: Pokespotting
    Show

As they walked, Stein pulls out a cigarette and lights it up, puffing out a smokey skull.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-09-21 at 12:01 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

"Well, if everyone's in agreement, let's settle in and head off to the temple.

With that Akio finds a room, settles his few belongings, gathers and arranges his equipment on his person, and heads out to join the others and leave in the direction of the temple.

Spoiler: Pokesearch Survival Boosted!
    Show

Spoiler: Narration
    Show
    THUS BEGINS THE ADVENTUROUS TRIO'S FIRST ADVENTURE! JOIN US NEXT EPISODE TO LEARN WHAT HAPPENS, IN 'EPISODE 2, THE TEMPLE OF DREAMS'!
    Last edited by Eincolt; 2019-09-21 at 09:47 AM.
    Akio Feral

Show

Zenis Gible 15
    Rine Arauma 7
    Endurance Jangmo-o 10
    Masama Gligar 20

Show

30. - Top - End - #210