New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Tales of the Korvosan Guard IC

"The only reason for the bank team to leave if we gain access is if we turn out to be faced with overwhelming force, in which case sending in the other team would be unconscionable. No, the idea is for the bank team to begin the assault and then let the back door team know that it's time for them to make an entry. Marcus' communication spell should enable us to do that swiftly - and quietly too, if necessary. Withdrawing to return at a later time defeats the purpose of using bank business to gain entry in the first place."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I was thinking that if Lamm turns violent against us, we need a way to signal the other team. I'd assume having them at the ready to help us get out of there is good. If we're on one side of the building and Marcus is on the other side... does this communication spell work outside line of sight?" Isara looked to Marcus for that answer...

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Marcus nods confidently. "Most certainly, neither line of sight nor line of effect is required. As long as there is some sort of path between myself and the linked subjects that's within the range of the spell we can communicate without problem."

My player profile.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Well, that's good enough for me to go with the door team," said Deklen. "You never know, maybe we can get it open quietly and save someone a bootheel."

5. - Top - End - #125

AssassinGuy

Marcus grimaces suddenly in realization at a thought. He sighs before speaking."A thought occurs to me. The flight spell I mentioned only works the majority of the time so I should probably make an attempt to get on the roof the night before the raid and stay there until morning to give us better odds of it working. I'm not looking forward to another night outside but I'd really like to make certain that I can be on the roof it's stable enough for that as it would be the ideal position to cast my spells. If I can find or make some peepholes in the roof just big enough to see through then they won't know I'm there and my spells will be more difficult for them to resist. Casting Color Spray from above would be even more effective than usual as the effect spreads over a cone. I'll also be ready to cast Sleep if I see a good opportunity."

My player profile.

6. - Top - End - #126

BardGuy

"Marcus, calm down," Janna says, drawing another cup of ale and pushing it into his hands.

"It will be all right on the day. Your magic will work, I promise. And if it doesn't, we can just throw you up. Either way better odds than dodging the boarhound."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Listen Marcus, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I'm not keen on you spending the night on the roof of the building we're going to be raiding the next morning. All that does is increase the odds that someone in Lamm's crew will notice you squirming about up there. Even if they don't catch you, it'll make Lamm even more suspicious than he already is. Also, there's no certainty you're going to find enough holes in the right places to be able to follow the action inside once it takes off. I strongly suggest you just stay with the back door team and let Deklen and Janna stop anyone from going for you."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Alright so sounds like we got our plan. Normally I wouldn't do this but I'm gonna put down 13 gold. This gold can be used to purchase any additional non lethal gear that might benefit our team since the goal is to take them alive.

I'm Ill prepared for such a thing and have no gear towards this. Anyone wanna get those gear for the benefit of the team?"

Hopefully lucky number 13 will yield some good results
    Last edited by Stone-Ears; 2019-09-29 at 07:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"I'm fresh out of funds right now," said Deklen. "But if someone wants to spot me I'll match 13 gold when my next paycheck comes around. If it's any incentive I'm happy to wander downtown to pick up some red tidewater or slumber sand for the bank team - if you're serious about taking as many people alive as possible you'll likely need a spot or two of the stuff. That said, given Lamm's lieutenants seem mostly made up of big bruisers I'd recommend tidewater if it comes to it. Straight out blinding agent. Slumber sand does precisely what it sounds like, but it sounds like Master Kincaid has that covered," he said, nodding at Marcus.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Ten gold is about as much as I can afford at the moment," Lucian admits. "A flask of tidewater should set us back about twenty-five gold, so we'll need someone else to add to the pot. If that's too dear, a gold piece 'll get anyone that wants one a proper sap. A couple of whacks about the head and our targets should be out of the fight quick enough."

11. - Top - End - #131

"I can pitch in some," Isara adds, "mostly for the tidewater or sleeping sand if we can find it. We need to make sure to also have enough rope or manacles to take everyone alive and bound. Six, right? I have one myself."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mikael laughs heartily "Well whad'd'ya know, we're a bunch of paupers here ain't we? We pull this off right, I figure we can get ourselves some nice shiny coin. Of course, It should go without saying that those who make an investment in our gear should be recompensed. If anyone needs it, I can spot the coin for Saps. Just gotta pay me back when we get the gold eh?"

Turning to Isara, Mikael responds "I've got myself a manacle with a good quality lock and about 50 foot o' silk rope we can use. I ain't much good at tying people up though so I've mostly relied on my manacles in my past arrests."

13. - Top - End - #133

BardGuy

Janna leans forward, an intense look in her eyes. "Don't forget to keep the receipts. We can get that back on expenses."

She leans back, continuing to carve at her candle.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Alright, how about Isara stands us the tidewater. Just one flask as an equalizer. Everyone who hasn't got one and who'd like to help make sure we make the most of this raid buys themselves a sap if they know how to use one. Then we eat, sleep, and wait for the bank to finish its contract. Oh, and someone should probably be on post to watch Lamm's place until we're ready to raid."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Marcus nodded at Lucian's suggestion. "That actually makes more sense than me skulking around down the stores looking for tidewater. I'll go stand a watch outside Lamm's instead - hey, Mikael, buy me a sap, will you? I'm good for it."

16. - Top - End - #136

"I'll fetch the tidewater," Isara said with a nod to the others while stepping away from the wall again. "If anyone knows a good place off the top of your head, else I'll find out where myself. Never been in the market for it before. Got some manacles myself as well. Already have a sap too but can pick one up while I'm out."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by An Amy View Post
    "I'll fetch the tidewater," Isara said with a nod to the others while stepping away from the wall again. "If anyone knows a good place off the top of your head, else I'll find out where myself. Never been in the market for it before. Got some manacles myself as well. Already have a sap too but can pick one up while I'm out."
    "Try Jolyon Horvath up in Slope District. He's usually good for more exotic stuff like red tidewater. Oh, and be careful when you handle it. If you get some on your hands, don't rub your eyes until you've washed up. There's things in there that can give you the blinding sickness..."
    Last edited by rax; 2019-10-02 at 12:12 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

AssassinGuy

Marcus rises after finishing his ale and digs in his pouch for coins to hand to Isara. "I can contribute 25 gold for a dose of the tidewater. It seems like a good idea to have multiple ways of dealing with things if we can manage it and I definitely don't mind saving a couple spells for if anything we can't predict goes wrong."
    He frowns in consideration. "Speaking of that, what's the plan for after we make the arrests? Are we supposed to lead a horde of criminals and children through the streets to the Castle? I'm sure we can manage Lamm and his men, especially if they're unconscious or bound but we don't want to risk all the children just disappearing back into the streets along the way either. I'm sure they'll be scared and confused after a fight. They've probably been told things to make them afraid of the Guard too."

My player profile.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"If we've managed to subdue and secure Lamm and his crooks, it shouldn't take more than two of us - three at most - to herd them back to the citadel. Hell, we can probably commandeer a wagon to do it if they can't walk. Should leave plenty of us to bring the children to the temples. Besides, if some of the kids don't want to come, are you going to force them?"

20. - Top - End - #140

"I wouldn't want to tip our hand at all," Isara commented as she moved toward the others for their contributions to the tidewater, "but might we go ahead and speak to the churches and let them know? They might lend some aide and provide gentler hands for the children. I'm not saying even keeping these people around the corner while we deal with Lamm, more like just in the same district so they can be easily fetched as soon as we're successful."

21. - Top - End - #141

AssassinGuy

"I think both of you have good ideas.The Sergeant said the churches had already agreed to take them in so it shouldn't be too hard to get them to agree to send a wagon and a priest or two. Priests might do a better job than we could of convincing the children to go along as well. Maybe they could even bring some food down with them.
    If it comes down to it though I do think the children should be made to go with them. It's not safe for them to be on the streets, especially recently. The best that can happen is that the temples are able to help them onto a better path. The worst would be that they just run away and end up on the street again after getting some food and a place to rest for a bit. I have to argue that it's not exactly unusual to make children do things that are for their own good even if they don't want to."

My player profile.

22. - Top - End - #142

"I'm of the mind to encourage the children to give the church a chance, though no one should be forced to do anything. As long as they know where they can get support, I think that's best we should do."

"If no one has anything else, I'll head up to Slopes..."
    she said before finishing getting what people were contributing and heading out.

23. - Top - End - #143

BardGuy

Janna slides out of her chair and grabs the hilt of her sword.

"I'll come with you. Too much thinking. I need to stretch my legs."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

After giving Isara his contribution to the supplies, Mikael says
    "It's probably around suppertime back at my house and If I want to breathe long enough to make it to the raid, I best get going too. I'll take care of the Saps for Deklen and I. Y'all have a good night and rest well eh! Let's do this!"

Mikael heads home to go and enjoy his wife's cooking and spend time with his little ones.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Lucian leans back in his chair and drains his mug before letting out a thunderous belch. As the others begin to depart, he helps himself to the last of the bread and uses it to soak up the dregs of the stew. "Waste not, want not," he winks at Marcus and Deklen. "Thanks for the meal, Marcus. I'll be off home as well. Now don't either of you go gallivanting around the fishery until we're ready to move. Just stay close enough to keep a watch without being discovered."