New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

d20 Character Build- Dwarven Treeslayer

Seeing the Treeslayers in OotS #1179, and watching the "Character Building" videos on Youtube got me thinking. I want to build such a character for my next D&D campaign. What might they be like? Here goes-

Start as Dwarf, Ranger Variant. Favored Enemy Trees (obviously)- get bonuses against Treants and maybe Plant Creatures also such as Shambling Mounds and Myconids. Specialized in Axe as melee weapon. Some Sorcerer abilities- Fire & Lightning Spells. Mount / Animal Companion- Dire Beaver, Dire Woodpecker, maybe Giant Termite or Wood-Boring Beetle. Nature Skills for finding specific trees and surviving in the wild. Prime Requisites- Strength to cut trees down, Wisdom for Nature Skills, Dexterity to dodge falling trees.

Anyone who knows D&D better than me or is just a fan of this idea is welcome to add their thoughts to the thread.

Edit- Just found there was already a thread for this. My bad. Here's the link- http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...3#post24136513

Mods have permission to merge threads if they so desire.
    Last edited by AchtungNight; 2019-09-09 at 05:10 PM. Reason: already a thread for this- oops

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Character Build- Dwarven Treeslayer

Why sorcerer? I haven't played 3.5e but I don't think that Sorcerer meshes very well with Ranger, in terms of being MAD, synergy of the classes, fighting style, and flavor as well.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

The YouTube videos have a lot of multi-classing, but yeah, I didn't think about that. Maybe some Dark Druid of Destruction variant would be a better mix.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

What edition, 3.5e?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

The videos are 5e, which I don’t know that well. Prestige class is 3.5e, right? Haven’t played in a while, so I’m not sure. :(