New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Igordragonian's Alone Against the Flames IC

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    (I have the 7th book, but to check skills I google "cthuluhu roleplay skills')
    Ah, yeah, that's probably the issue. You're most likely getting the skills from the previous versions.
    ----

Flames lick at your legs. Your eyes water. You are shrouded in smoke. It might be your imagination, but you think you can feel a slight give in the chains. You throw yourself against them, giving no thought to how they bite into your wrists.
    ----

You take 6 damage from the flames, you may now make a Strength roll (the 88), but because you waited, you gain a Bonus Die, so you can roll another d10 and if it's lower than an 8 you use it instead of the ten's place.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Strentgh checks

(1d100)[99](99)
    (1d10)[5](5)
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You struggle, but you're unable to free yourself from the chains as they travel farther up your body... you can barely move your mouth at this point as smoke has utterly clogged your lungs, however you nevertheless struggle as much as you can.
    ----

You take 2 more damage from the flames, you may make another Strength roll with a Bonus Die.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

(Oh boy! My first cthulhu death on the way!)
    (1d100)[17](17)
    (1d10)[4](4)

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

There actually shouldn't have been a bonus die, my bad, but you succeeded anyway.
    ----

Desperation lends you strength and you yank at what you guess to be the weak point in the chain. It breaks! You throw the chain off, stumbling across one of the red-shrouded corpses, heading away from the watching villagers. You cough. Your hair and eyebrows smolder.
    ----

You take an additional 1 points of damage as you run through a literal bonfire
    ----

You leap from the conflagration on the far side of the Beacon. Your heart lurches momentarily at the sight of the sheer drop beneath you, but you land a few inches short of the edge. You roll to extinguish your burning clothes. Your lungs feel singed. Everything hurts. The chant of the villagers gathers in intensity. You peer around the Beacon. They don’t seem to have noticed your absence amidst the billowing smoke. Most of them are staring into the sky.
    You crawl as rapidly as you can for the cover of the nearest building.

With the villagers assembled at the Beacon, the streets are empty and you are able to pad away from the blaze. You must get out of town before they finish.
    The chanting seems to accelerate as you round the corner of the southern road. Here, parked against the side of the general store, you have your first piece of luck since reaching Emberhead. A bicycle! You learned to ride one of these in Providence.
    You settle into the saddle. Your burned flesh protests at the contact.
    ----

Now one final query, shall you wait and observe the going ons at the beacon, just for... scientific purposes? Or are you absolutely positively done with this place?

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

I curse myself, but I can't look away. I must see.
    I pant in pain.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

After a quick glance around to be sure you are unobserved, you look back along the avenue. The entire village is intent upon the Beacon. Their chanting reaches a new, fevered pitch. You cannot say exactly why, but you get the impression something is wrong. The chant begins to break and the villagers sway. Then—
    FTOOM! Something incandescent thunders into the crowd in front of the Beacon, leaving a fiery trail in your vision. You feel the ground shudder beneath the bicycle. FTOOM! Another strikes nearby, scattering sparks. Now the chant falters and gives way to screams.
    Fire skims the buildings facing the Beacon. Smoke rolls through the streets. A woman staggers towards you, wailing. Her arm is on fire. She beats it against a wall.
    FTOOM! Another strike, out of your sight, towards the village hall. It’s time to go.

It takes a moment to recapture the skill of riding the bicycle, but after the first turn to the east, there is a long downhill out of Emberhead. You hear screams and crackles above you, but concentrate on balancing and working the pedals in your weakened state. You’ve had too many hopes dashed in this abomination of a village. You keep your head down and ride away. Twenty minutes later, with no signs of pursuit, you stop for a breather at the top of a hill. You can see Emberhead rise in the distance. The entire village appears to be ablaze. The dark column of smoke above it will be visible for many miles—but if the village is as isolated as it seems, help is unlikely to arrive in time.
    You watch the place burn for five minutes. Then you mount the bicycle again and ride towards civilization, and dawn.

Congratulations! You have survived this adventure. You may keep your investigator sheet and you might be able to use it later on in another Call of Cthulhu scenario. If I have noted that you have succeeded in any skills, you will have a chance to improve them through experience (see OOC).
    The End.