New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Are you Afraid of the Dark? is coming back

I don't think permanently, but here's the trailer:

Thoughts? I'm skeptical, but am still going to watch on the odds it will be good.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Are you Afraid of the Dark? is coming back

Agreed on being skeptical. I am presuming this is a mini series but I just don't know what to make of it honestly. Doesn't have the charm of kids simply telling a great ghost story like the old show had. Instead seems is more teen horror drama and not the best kind. Production does look decent however but some of the scary scenes are laughably over the top such as the monster grabbing the girl in the water bit.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanVoodoo View Post
    Doesn't have the charm of kids simply telling a great ghost story like the old show had. Instead seems is more teen horror drama and not the best kind.
    There was a multiple part episode called Tale of the Silver Sight that pulled it off well. I think one thing is that bugs me is the kids from the old series just looked like normal kids. These kids look like they were picked for their physical appearances like how in every young adult distopian adaptation the teens have to be super attractive because the producers think kids and teens will be more likely to see it if the characters are pretty.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Canadian low budget horror is a tricky genre to pull off, harder still to imitate.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Evil DM Mark3 View Post
    Canadian low budget horror is a tricky genre to pull off, harder still to imitate.
    The first series did it pretty well.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Nostalgia activate

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAnAxe View Post
    Nostalgia activate
    More like disappointment.

I think this new series rips off Stranger Things and the recent Stephen King It films.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the first episode on of the teens goes missing like Stranger Things. Also it looks like the climax is gonna take place at a carnival when the kids have to take down this supernatural entity that is a carnival owner. Carnival owner - clown - both two people at a carnival. Does It Chapter II end at a carnival? I haven't seen the film but saw commercials for it that seems to imply it takes place at a carnival.

Also the villain of the series is called "Mr. To-Fat." Yes I know it's actually "Mr. Tophat", but you can't put a "p" directly in front of an "h" and not expect me to read it as a "f" sound.