New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5E] Heretic's Bane Icewind Dale

{{Forgot my fire damage for my chain. Here it is:
    Fire - (1d6)[3]
    "The forest is a dangerous place to those who don't know its secrets, your in luck though because i know them" -Tharar Greenleaf, Ranger, to my weekly D&D group

2. - Top - End - #752
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGirl

((ooc: I'm seizing this opportunity to type since I've been having trouble logging into the site lately. This isn't in story format, since these are dependant on what is going on as to what action I have to take. I wish to hold an action until I see the Shaman cast a spell. At which time something should be visible. I could use my rapier and get the rerolled miss chance for my blindfighting feat, but if he does an action and then moves I'll be at the wrong spot to hit him.. again. So.. I'm using the Lurien Shortbow (seeking), and I'm firing when I see him. The seeking ability for the Shortbow negates concealment, so when I see him I fire. If I don't see the flash, so be it, but if Bundoc hits him I'll also have a target. So I'll hope for that and hold my action accordingly for a ranged attack. Otherwise I'll just be uselessly chasing him to where he was a minute ago.))

3. - Top - End - #753
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

((Waiting on resolution so I know where things are. Holding position for now.))

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

Orc Shaman (Init 22)

With the bleeding stopped and at least some of its wounds healed, the shaman casts another spell. The harsh sound of the orc language, strained with pain and euphoria, take on an unnatural echo that cuts through the din of the raging battle…

Atop the altar stage, the area fades and takes on a blue glow. With a loud snap, a tear between this plane and another is torn open. A blast of cold air radiates out of the rift and bluish green creature with a wild looking beard that looks like it is made of wire and coated in ice. It looks around for a moment and sees the naked woman covered in those dark blue runes.

The blast of cold air and the throbbing power of magic that briefly radiated from the rift finally stir the woman. She is younger, in her late teens or early 20s with red hair and she is about to die. The runes on her naked form pulse in the presence of whatever the shaman just summoned and her eyes finally snap open to see the creature looking down at her.

And she screams.

Not long though, as the creature turns his head, smiles and lifts its terrible saw toothed glaive high in the air and drives it through her chest, silencing her.

Yanking it free, it looks around at the raging battle. Its eagerness to join is palatable.

Duervar (Init 21)

Seeing Buna’s predicament and hearing Thordek’s bellowed order, Duervar briefly debates with himself if he actually wants to help or not. After how he berated him, saving her would be about the best way he could think of to put her in her place.

Duervar turns and charges at Buna’a attackers, but doing so gives the nearest orc a chance to take a swipe at him. The orc’s axe bites deep into his hip and thigh, slicing through the thin leather protection but the wound isn’t enough to slow Duervar down any.

He charges fourth, calling out an unintelligible battle cry and he swings his war pick down hard on an orc. The sharp point is driven right through the back of the orc’s knee cap as it flails around on the ground trying to grapple with the Arcanii on the ground. It howls in pain but is still very much alive…

Duervar takes a 13 pt wound, leaving him at 43/64 hp. In turn, he does 15 pts to the orc on the ground…

Bundok (Init 21)

Seeing the spell cast by the shaman, Bundok charges at the source of the light. Quarterstaff held high, he charges in and slams it to the ground where he thought the shaman was.

The shaman was not there anymore. He must have moved after casting.

Bundok curses. Again denied, the dwarf curses. Loudly and creatively, directed both at the shaman and Sable…

Arum Faer Wed (Init 19)

The portly gnome curses at his wounds and this battle. He casts a magic missile spell at the nearest orc but the spell has absolutely no effect on the monster. It knows it has been hit though, and by whom. Baurus’ efforts are similarly useless as he jostles, scrapes and nicks the surrounding orcs, but does little else…

Arman Madero (Init 19)

Standing in place, Arman tries to knock down one of the onrushing orcs with a magic missile spell. If he could at least wound one, Raltise and Lythe might be able to handle these two. If the remaining group broke and ran though, they would all be trampled into the ground.

He casts his spell and the bolts of magical energy work this time. The orc is buffeted by the blows, howling in pain. It clutches its side and looks around wildly, trying to figure out who just smashed him in the back with a bunch of hammer blows.

Damn, that should have killed him… Arman thinks…

Arman does 13 pts to Orc G4

Sable (Init 18)

The human scout, or assassin depending on the circumstance, drops to the ground and slings her bow. Drawing her rapier out next to where she lost the orc shaman, she now finds herself standing next to Bundok. A very irritated Bundok…

Thordek (Init 18)

Enlarged by his own spell, the Levtokuld can strike powerful blows but is easier for the orcs around him to strike. Seeing that he is becoming surrounded, Thordek falls back into a defensive posture.

He makes two, guarded, strikes at the orcs pressing around him. His first blow comes in low and wounds the orc in the leg badly. It drops to one knee for a moment as Thordek’s second blow splits the orc’s helm and cracks its skull. The flanking orc drops to the ground, dead…

Thordek kills one orc, dealing 13 and than 15 pts from two separate blows.

Hjalmar (Init 15)

The grim paladin keeps grinding on. Slowly but surely, he is keeping pace with the two enormous minotaurs. It was a point of pride for him. With a swing of his hammer, Hjalmar crushes the life out of another one of these thrice-cursed orcs, but he was still surrounded by them. He takes a swing at a second orc, but the orc’s shield blocks it…

Hjalmar does 13 pts of damage with his warhammer and slays an already wounded orc.

Carmard (Init 14)

“Nalrak! Take care of Gore and Kerik! Magnum, you too! The shaman’s summoning!” Carmard roars, his rough voice now stressed and imperative.

The Arcanii sees the new arrival and curses, but turns his attention to the minotaurs. Exactly where he didn’t want to be right now. His throwing hammer in hand, he pulls back he reaches back and throws it orc even though it is yet engaged with the beleaguered minotaur.

The terrible hammer strikes the orc in the back of the head and it tumbles to the ground, quite dead….

Kerik Many Skulls (Init 10)

Battered and wounded, none the less the massive minotaur has plenty of fight left in him. Ignoring his less foes, he roars at his wounded half ogre foe and the beast replies with its own challenge. Worked up into a fearsome rage, the minotaur swings his massive hard and fast at the orc. It bites into and through the orc’s makeshift armor and wounds the creature, but apparently not enough.

As the blow swings through the armor and flesh, Kerik reverses his momentum and its too fast for his foe to block this time either. This time, Kerik’s terrible blow severs the half ogre’s left arm, crashes through its actual armor and lodges deep in its guts. Blood gushes from the wound and his foe drops to its knees.

Kerik looks at it for a moment, thinking it was dead, but once again the half ogre roars and rises to attack him.

“Just die!” the minotaur roars.

His deadly axe flashes one last, sweeping forward as the half ogre rises only to have his head removed at the collar bones. The momentum of his last, wild swing carries through in a wide arc and strikes another one of those ugly orcs. It’s shield is sent flying the axe splits its chain and abdomen. Yanking the axe free, the orc looks at its wound and it drops…

Gore (Init 9)

In far worse shape than Kerik, Gore swoons from his wounds. The sudden assistance from Carmard is barely noticed; all Gore can tell is one of his foes just toppled over in his red haze of rage and pain. Regardless of the pain, his terrible axe keeps swinging.

His first blow cuts deep into the orc next to him, but the awkward angle only makes it a nearly mortal wound. The next blow from the great axe crushes the orc’s hip and severs its leg. The momentum carries but next orc in line blocks the blow. Stepping into the blow, Gore closes the distance and drives his spiked elbow down and through the orc’s collar bone. The orc lives and looks fearfully between the two enormous minotaurs who are quickly slaughtering all of their companions…

Nalrak (Init 9)

Moving towards the beleaguered minotaur, Gore, Nalrak calls upon his God to heal his ally. Doing so leaves him open to an attack from the orc he was facing, however. It’s axe strikes out at the dwarf, but his thick armor rings in protest as the axe bangs off it harmlessly. While getting that close to the raging bull might intimidate a lesser dwarf, Nalrak counts on his God’s protection and the minotaur’s training to protect him. Wild eyed under his helmet, Gore turns towards Nalrak to swing his axe at the newcomer but realizes he is one of the dwarves and turns back to the orcs. Nalrak’s spell heals the minotaur’s wounds significantly and much of the bleeding stops from its terrible wounds…

The act of rushing in and casting draws the attention of one of the orcs standing between Gore and Kerik. It takes a vicious swing at the armored priest, but this two manages is turned away from his unyielding armor. That neither blow did not open his armor like a ration can surprises the dwarf and he thanks Gorm for the protection, but knows he may not be so lucky the next time….

Nalrak sacrifices a Summon Monster III spell to heal Gore for 14 pts.

Grathalmor (Init 10)

Less than pleased by the hammering he has just taken from the half ogre’s meaty fists, Grathalmor makes a quick cut at the orc with his axe head of his urgrosh but it bangs off the half ogre’s armor. Having swung to the right, the spear point of the urgrosh is aligned with the half ogre and he jams it hard at his foe’s leg. It sinks deep into its trunk like legs, banging off a bone before he yanks it free. Grathalmor tries to make another quick attack with the axe part of the urgrosh but the half ogre catches the haft of the weapon in mid swing and violently it aside. The veteran Legionnaire barely keeps a grip on the weapon. Wounded once more, the half ogre is clearly being worn down but it was hardly dead yet…

Grathalmor’s first and last attacks miss. His spear attack does 8 pts to the half ogre…

Kelith (Init 9)

Clearing his head from the pain of the javelins, Kelith moves towards the orcs trying to flank his position. With his bloody chain whistling over his head, he first sends another dagger streaking towards the orcs trying to flank him from the diminishing cloud of daggers whirling around him. The phantom dagger spits the orc right through its armor and lodges into its chest. It immediately yanks the dagger from the wound and screams in pain as blood flows from the wound and froths from its mouth. Taking the opening, Kelith sends his chain flying towards the orc in a straight line. The blow catches the orc right in the face with the spiked ball at its end, caving in its nose and part of its forehead. It drops to the ground and twitches…

Johannes (Init 9)

Sword tightly gripped, the diminutive dwarf stabs out at the half ogre facing him one more time. His thrust dives between the half ogre’s legs and groin, hoping to sever the vital arteries he knew were there from his studies. The mithril longsword finds the gap and it sinks deep. While a terrible wound, his strike missed his mark. Cursing, he brings his sword back into a defensive position and hopes the massive creature focuses on the far tougher Grathalmor instead…

Johannes used 2 inspiration points and wounded the half ogre for 10 pts. It’s still alive though…

Body Guards (Init 8)

The half ogre between Johannes and Grathalmor shrugs off both of their attacks. It single-mindedly continues its attack on Grathalmor. Gripping its two fists together, it raises them high and lands a crushing blow on Grathalmor’s shoulder. It nearly drives him to the ground. The second blow just thumps against the shoulder of his armor but does little. Wounded but still deadly quick, the half ogre lunges at Grathalmor and bites down hard on his helmet. It shakes the dwarf to and fro, nearly knocking him off his feet and rattling him badly.

The half ogre does 21 pts to Grathalmor between its fists and teeth.

Buna (Init 7)

Struggling beneath the press of the three orcs, Buna pulls one of her pistols from her belt. She manages to avoid the grasping hands of the orcs and fires the weapon right into the face of one of the orcs atop her. The bullet explodes its skull and it drops atop her, limp and heavy. Emptied, she throws the pistol aside.

She hollers and yells incoherently as she tries to fight off the remaining orcs…

Buna shoots and kills one of her three grapplers…

Raltise & Lythe (Init 5)

To the north of the battle, Raltise and Lythe fight on. Ordering Lythe to fall back, Raltise throws a Tanglefoot bag at one of the orcs, hoping to glue it the rocky floor. The bag catches the orc in leg and the bag flies apart, gluing it fast to the ground and it roars in astonishment. Like the well drilled team the two are, Lythe takes a step back and pounds the ground with her foot. A wave of psionic energy radiates out from her as the ground quakes beneath her foot.

Both orcs tumble to the ground, falling hard as they lose their footing.

Magnum (Init 4)

Lumbering and heavily armored, Magnum takes a mighty swing with his axe against the half ogre. The blow comes in high and cleaves through the half ogre’s shoulder bone and deep into its chest cavity. The fearsome beast snaps its head around in Magnum’s direction and its hand darts out to dislodge the axe. Badly wounded once more, it none the less seems ready to battle on.

After a moment though, matters change. Heart thundering and full of adrenaline, its body none the less finally succumbs to its wounds. The half ogre topples over to the ground, thoroughly dead, in a pool of its own expanding blood…

Eastern Orcs 1

The two remaining orcs near the minotaurs and now Nalrak judge their chances and they’re not good. Shield held out defensively, the two orcs back peddle away their foes and head towards the exit….

Eastern Orcs 2

The orcs press in around Hjalmar and Arum. One moves in too quickly to make its attack, and Hjalmar nearly blasts it off its feet with a hammer blow to the chest. Far tougher than the average orc though, the blow only staggers the orc momentarily.

Now in contact with four of the orcs, even the dwarf’s famously thick armor cannot shrug off the wild, crazed attacks of all his foes. Through skillful shield work and maneuvering, he blocks one axe and shrugs off another. It’s not enough, however. One axe blow chops down into the same thigh that he nearly lost days before to an ogre and the strike feels even harder. The hardest blow comes high and is just outside of his narrow field of vision. It strikes him square in the helmet, cleaves through the steel and rakes across the side of his face. He can feel his jaw crack and skull fracture from the blow. The gleeful orc pulls back its axe and looks gleeful, thinking he just killed the fearless dwarf.

Hjalmar swoons from the blow for a moment and regains his composure. He spits blood and raises his shield once again, banging his hammer against it. Ready for the next onslaught, it comes in the form of orcs trying to leap and try to bite at him. The get nothing but a mouthful of shield and dwarven steel, however…

The orcs deal 45 pts of damage to Hjalmar through a critical and a regular hit. His attack of opportunity against one does 16 pts, but does not kill the orc…

The last orc in the line takes another at Arum. This time, his axe strikes true and it nearly rocks him backwards but he is at least able to avoid the orc’s snapping jaws…

Arum takes a 10 pt hit from the orc.

Western Orcs 1

The orcs surrounding Thordek continue to flank the Levtokuld and things are looking grim for this side of battle. Their blows rain down on Thordek, battering and knocking him about. His shield work and armor defeats most of the attacks, but three of them chop into him hard. He takes painful wounds to the arm, leg and right through his chest armor. The wounds are a well of blood, and while he can still fight he won’t be able to stay inside this circle of steel for long…

Thordek takes 30 pts of damage from 3 axe blows… 20/60 HP

Western Orcs 2

The two remaining orcs that are trying to hold down Buna pummel her with blows. They crush in the front of her ornate helmet, dislodging one of the eye crystals and try to break her legs. It’s impossible to tell how badly wounded she is, but it doesn’t look good…

Western Orcs 3

The two orcs closest to Kelith back away, but not before one of them can take a swing with its crude axe at him. Kelith’s magically reinforced armor shrugs off the axe though as it slides harmlessly, but not painlessly, off his chain. Its bite misses him cleanly, snapping into clear air. The second orc back peddles and throws a javelin at Kelith, followed by a rain of javelins from its cohorts on the other side.

Of the javelins, most miss or tumble as they fly, thumping against Kelith but doing little more than bruising him. One, however, spears him in the leg. It strikes deep and falls out as his leg bolts backwards from the wound. It leaves a hole in the flesh in his thigh and he thanks Kossuth that it hadn’t hit his belly instead.

Having thrown two javelins now, it looks like the orcs are out of them now…

Kelith takes a 10 pt hit from one of the thrown javelins. It was a potential critical but was not confirmed. 38/63 hp

“Kerik! Gore! Some o’the rest o’ye! The orcs to yer right! Yer right!” Carmard bellows as he watches the battle unfold, high in the air….

Last edited by mshady; 2008-06-24 at 02:15 AM.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry for the delay in getting the turn posted. I've had some connection issues and time constraints. We're going to proceed at a faster pace going forward :)

If you can't read the map, lemme know...

As one can imagine, this was a pretty brutal turn to resolve.

Mike
    Last edited by mshady; 2008-06-23 at 03:10 AM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

((I will be able to resolve my stuff tomorrow night or wednesday morning. Wasn't able to connect until now.. just in time to go out for dinner for our anniversary. hee hee. So.. will let you know then!))

7. - Top - End - #757
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Grathalmore

Grathalmore is becoming agitated at the presence of the half-ogre in front of him. "Ye can hit me all ye want, but ye will die by me weapon, beast!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack1 (axe):(1d20+10)[17]
    Damage1:(1d10+5)[14]
    Attack2 (spear):(1d20+10)[28]
    Damage2:(1d6+4)[10]
    Attack3 (axe):(1d20+5)[8]
    Damage3:(1d10+5)[12]

Seeing Magnum take down the large half-ogre, Grathalmore lets out a sigh of relief. As he sighs, he looks up and notices the large summoned creature, murder the sacrificial female. Grathalmore looks at Magnum. "Well I guess that be our next enemy. Ye think ye can help me with some healing 'fore we go?"
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 2008-06-25 at 12:00 AM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Nalrak

Obeying Carmand's orders, Nalrak delivers another jolt of healing juice to the minotaurs (whichever one needs it more) and stays close behind them (though out of their immediate rage) to provide further healing assistance.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

9. - Top - End - #759
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kelith
    AC: 26 (+4 from buffs, +3 from Armor Rune)
    HP: 55/63 (+6 from buff)

Seeing his blood start to make a noticeable pool on the ground beneath him he hurls his second to last dagger at one of the retreating orcs before starting his chant. As he finishes brings his hands together and with the friction between them flames erupt. He quickly moves his hands from one wound to the next, and while he touches the javelins they quickly erupt into flame and disappear as the fire seals up the wounds. Now feeling in much better shape, Kelith moves to AH-18 readying his chain for the onslaught to come.

((Casting Cure Serious Wounds and moving to AH-18}}
    CMW - (3d8+8)[17]

Spells Cast
    0-2
    1st-2
    2nd-3
    3rd-2
    Last edited by Tharar_Greenleaf; 2008-06-24 at 01:19 PM.
    "The forest is a dangerous place to those who don't know its secrets, your in luck though because i know them" -Tharar Greenleaf, Ranger, to my weekly D&D group

10. - Top - End - #760
    Dwarf in the Playground

{{Crap, forgot my dagger attack}}
    dagger - (1d20+11)[16](27)
    Damage - (1d6+4)[9]
    Last edited by Tharar_Greenleaf; 2008-06-24 at 01:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Arman looked around and saw a few things that disturbed him. And there was nothing he could do. While looking around, he noticed that Thordek was in some real trouble. He was just glad that he would be invisible for another few moments. Maybe something could be done then. Reaching once again into one of his pouches, he pulled yet another scroll, and with a grimace he noticed his last of that spell, and moved foreward to get a better attack.

He was going to have to take a chance. And he knew it. Calling out some directions, he quickly cast his spell and started moving again, grateful he was invisible. "Raltise-DOWN! Thordek-Some lightning coming to help you!" Aiming, he yelled out a final time... the word from the scroll that activated the spell... "Tintreach!"

The scroll disintigrated from his hand as lightning went out from his fingertip, and he quickly started moving away from where he was, knowing that he was just made a target.

Spoiler
    Show
    I should be in square AH-04 BTW M.

5' Step to AG-04. Lightning Bolt from scroll. Then moving to AJ-07. I should be able to do all that. If Raltise moves before my spell is complete, because I'm not sure if his position is correct, then I needn't worry about him ducking my spell. Thordek, I'm hoping that the lightning runs out of juice by the time it reaches you. My bad if it doesn't. Just trying to cause the most damage effecively. And they are all nice and lined up there...

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say I appreciate the continued interest!

I'll be fishing this weekend but the turn will be resolved this Monday. Tuesday at the latest as I'm leaving tomorrow night right after work.

So.... turns are due this Sunday and I'll process everything Monday.

This should develop into a very interesting round. Some of you are in a tough spot right now too, so watch for the actions of others i.e. Thordek watch out ;)

Mike

13. - Top - End - #763
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Magnum

Magnum looks over to Grathalmore and says, "So...me and you against this Ice demon. Let's say whoever lands the finishing blow, the other buys ale when we get back to civilization, eh?"
    Magnum hands over a potion bottle and says a small prayer over his companion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Handed over a potion of Cure Serious and waiting to see the result of my Knowledge religion to decide what spell to give

Knowledge Religion: 22 (rolled in OOC)

edit: Decided on bull's strength
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-06-29 at 03:45 PM.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

14. - Top - End - #764
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Grathalmore

"Ha! I like your style priest. I'll gladly take that bet." Grathalmore smiles as he looks at the demon who appeared and swallows the potion that was just given to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Serious = 3d8+5 (29)

15. - Top - End - #765

GnomeWizardGuy

Seeing how badly things are going Arum casts shield.
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

Johannes

I look around the swirling melee, watching the battle progress, as if slightly detached from reality. Seeing bright red blood spill, I walk over, grasping a holy symbol around my neck, mumbling as I move. I lay my hand upon my companion, a simple benediction, like I saw that priest do so long ago...

((Johannes moves over to an injured ally and uses a charge of Opportunistic Piety to heal someone for 16 points of damage, provided he's in range of someone in need. If not, he just continues meleeing.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Raltise Siprite
    HP: 42/57
    AC: 23
    Speed: 30ft

The psionicist smirks slightly, jogging towards the exit so no other orcs can try to escape. Almost nonchalantly, he fires off another bolt of psychic energy at one of the orcs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to AG-2 and attack closest orc.

Attack! (1d20+8)[10]
    Damage! (1d8+4)[7]
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Thordrek take a step back and sideways and, risquing an attack from an orc, takes a potion from his belt and drinks it.

((5 foot step, down and right, the drinking a potion of healing))

(1d8+1)[7]
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

Heya everyone - post will be up tonight. Almost done - its an exciting round :)

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

Partial Resolution...

Orc Shaman (Init 22)

The shaman remains invisible, its summoning not giving away its position. The same foul incantations can be heard once again and a second fiend appears in a blast of cold air from a portal ripped into the fabric between the planes. The light from the casting gives away the shaman’s position momentarily, but whether it cast and moved or moved and cast is impossible to tell.

This new field holds a fearsome looking saw toothed glaive. It looks around, momentarily confused about what is going on before it sees the sacrifice before it.

This second fiend spies its sacrifice and roars with delight and fury before plunging its weapon into the second sacrifice, what looks like an older man still barely encrusted in the ice. It’s pact satisfied, it turns towards the onrushing dwarves and side steps to meet them.

The other devil spins his saw toothed glaive and it takes on an incandescent blue hue for a moment before it slashes through the air. With an ear piercing call into the portal that forms behind the Forgemark dwarves. A mass of fleshy blobs materialize, mindless and possessed only with a hunger. Lemures, the conscripts of devils are the quintessential fodder of the planes and quite dangerous in groups.

The rain down blows on the dwarves around them, with Magnum being struck one hard in the knee (2 hp) and Grathalmor takes a body blow from another without his shield to protect him (4 hp), while Johannes escapes unscathed but rattled. The lemurs groan is agonized hunger, desperate to eat, desperate to do their master’s bidding.

Duervar (Init 21)

Swing his pick once again, he drives it through the flailing orc’s armor and the pick digs deep into the orc’s chest. The orc coughs and clutches it’s wound before it falls off the beleaguered Arcanii. With no other orcs within arm’s reach, he hopes Buna can throw off her last assailant as he move towards Thordek as the Levtokuld is pummeled.

“Buna, yer on your own! I gotta help the big fella!!” he says as he moves off.

Bundok (Init 21)

Frustrated at being out of a fight that is raging around him, Bundok is aching to get into the fight. When he sees the flash and hears the chanting of the shaman’s casting again, he doesn’t bite this time. Instead, he swings south to support his comrades but not without giving that incompetent long legged woman who blew his ambush and missed her kill a scornful look.

Hopefully, he will cut off the shaman or be closer to him as it moves closer to the main battle itself. He figured there were three sacrifices and the shaman couldn’t get too far from his summoning circles or he couldn’t complete the last summoning. Hopefully the slippery bastard was closer to him this time.

With the fire pits and flashes of magic streaking through the slaughter, his eyes catch a bloody foot print. Nothing else was near it, alive at any rate. The ground was scorched and littered with mostly charred bodies. A still wet print is visible on the white cloak of dead orc near him…

gotcha…

Arum Faer Wed (Init 19)

Spurring Baurus and pulling back on its reins, Arum backs the raging badger off a bit and is thankful no one has managed to land a blow upon it yet. He wasn’t sure what would happen with this badger and wished he had a few weeks of practice before getting on it. Reeling from his own wounds and cursing bitterly at his luck, he calls out some incantations once again and weaves a lesser but very useful adjuration. A nearly transparent shield of force appears, interposing itself between these hard hitting orcs and himself. He felt a little less naked this way…

Meanwhile, his summoned beetles swarm one of the nearby orcs as they lunge at it with their pincers. The first one’s lunge is sidestepped. The other two are better positioned but the orc blocks both attacks with his shield with little effort. Dangerous if they can find an opening, the enormous insects can’t quite find another one yet…

Arum casts a shield spell, raising his AC by +4

Sable (Init 18)

The sharp eyed scout none the less cannot find her foe. Her job was to bring it down and that was all that mattered to her right now. However, she couldn’t see it and seemed to be in an endless game of tag with her quarry. Moving towards the only datum she had, she bolts towards the area where she saw the light from the shaman’s latest summoning. Between her and that scruffy dwarf with his ridiculous stick and her, she hoped they could triangulate its position and force it to move, than cast rather than the other way around.

Thordek (Init 18)

Using the terrain to his advantage, Thordek drops back and puts his back against the stone wall. At least he could not be completely surrounded and Duervar might come back and help him. Or not. You just couldn’t tell what the hell that dwarf was going to do…

Keeping in the best defensive posture he could manage, he clutches his waraxe with his shield hand for a moment thanks to his casting glove. Swiping a potion off his bandolier, he pops the thin metal tube in his mouth, bites off the cork and swallows the vile tasting contents than spits out bits of cork and the bottle out on the ground. He feels the healing potion course through his body, but it can hardly make goods his already significant injuries nor stop the blazing pain that made his head spin.

Thordek heals himself by 7 HP with a CLW potion. 27/60 HP

Hjalmar (Init 15)

Taking a step backwards to fill the hole that Arum just left and hopefully protect the portly gnome, Hjalmar keeps on swinging despite his significant wounds. This time though, the orcs seem to have learned his timing. The one orc flanking Arum and blocking the potential charge of the minotaurs side steps his first blow and sends its shield out ahead of it to block the second swing. Hjalmar joins Arum in his cursing as the eight remaining orcs look to finish off the mountain of a paladin. Concentrating on his defenses now more than offense, they’ll find a much tougher job of that than they expect…

Hjalmar is in full defense and fighting defensively, boosting his AC for the round..

Carmard (Init 14)

Looking between the quickly unraveling situation on his left, Carmard curses bitterly at his lack of options. Gambling that his magic can even get through this bizarre resistance these orcs had, he casts another spell and sends two rays of flame at the orc next to Arum and Hjalmar. The first scorching ray beam scorches the orc badly, but it still stands. The second burns it fiercely, igniting some of its clothing in the process. The orc drops to the ground and thrashes about in flames.

Gliding towards the north east, he looks about for the shaman as well, trusting the other dwarves will be able to hold against the summoned devils without him for a moment.

“Kerik, Gore! Charge those orcs to your right! Forgemark, hold those devils!! Nalrak, keep those damn minotaurs alive!” the Arcanii bellows, loud but devoid of passion as he rearranged his mental lance board for this battle. His sharp eyes dart across the battlefield and he notices Buna’s predicament, but is powerless to effect it…

Kerik Many Skulls (Init 10)

Heeding his orders, perhaps something that surprises even him, Gore turns towards the orcs pummeling Hjalmar and Arum. Lowering his helm and aiming his blood slicked horns at his foes, the bull minotaur roars and hurtles towards the orc. It’s axe swings out at Kerik as he comes charging in with a reckless, frenzied abandon and strikes the minotaur right between the horns with a tremendous crack as his helmet splits from the blow.

The blow doesn’t even slow the onrushing minotaur as its helmet spike and two true horns are driven right through the orcs chest and out the other side, spitting it like a piece of meat on a fork. With a sharp upward jerk of his head, Kerik throws the orc off his spike and horns, sending it tumbling through the air, spilling blood out of its chest cavity like it was a broken keg…

Grathalmor (Init 10)

"Ha! I like your style priest. I'll gladly take that bet." Grathalmor smiles as he looks at the two demons who have just appeared and swallows the potion that was just given to him.

His confidence wanes as this devil or demon summons fourth its foot soldiers. A dozen fleshly blobs of moaning flesh appear around him. They lunge and thrust at him with their gelatin heads and one of blows rather hurts! They don’t look too tough to the experienced Legionnaire, but there were a lot of them.

And he had cast aside his shield.

Grathalmor is healed by 29 pts by the potion, bringing him to 70/76 hp

Gore (Init 9)

Following his leader in the charge, Gore launches into his own headlong charge. The skilled orc that is the target of Gore’s charge also lashes out with its own axe, striking the minotaur hard in the side of its head. Bone cracks and blood streams from the rent in its armor but while it’s a serious wound, it doesn’t stop the minotaurs momentum or cause its savagery to abate whatsoever. The spikes and horns lance through the orcs armor, from groin to shoulder and Gore casts the dead orc much as Kerik did. Roaring, he stands up to his full height and prepares to continue the slaughter…

Nalrak (Init 9)

As the minotaurs charge by, Nalrak follows behind the charge. The already heavily battered Gore takes another very solid wound from the orc he just speared with his spike. Converting a third level spell, he places his hand on the minotaurs back and calls out a blessing of Dumathion. His hand pulses blue for a long moment as the healing strength of the Silent God courses through his feral ally.

Nalrak heals Gore for 13 hp, converting a 3rd level spell. Please let the DM know which one as part of the next round’s resolution.

Kelith (Init 9)

Seeing his blood start to make a noticeable pool on the ground beneath him he hurls his second to last dagger at one of the retreating orcs before starting his chant. As he finishes brings his hands together and with the friction between them flames erupt. He quickly moves his hands from one wound to the next, and while he touches the javelins they quickly erupt into flame and disappear as the fire seals up the wounds. Now feeling in much better shape, Kelith moves southwards, readying his chain for the onslaught to come.

Kelith heals himself for 17 pts, bringing him to 55/63 hp. DM Note: Instead of moving to AH 18, he moves to AJ18. Otherwise, that would have put him in direct melee with 4 orcs, giving up his combat reflexes bonus

Johanssen (Init 9)

Being surrounded by these fleshy blobs spawned from the Hells complicates his original plan for trying to heal one of his allies. Instead, he takes his mithril sword and quickly swings it at these disgusting new arrivals. Lemures? Only thing they could be, he thinks. In his haste, he strikes the creature with the flat side of the sword. Instead of a deep slashing wound, all he can hear is his sword thump against the creature’s flesh. It doesn’t even seem to notice the blow…

Buna (Init 7)

Down to only assailant, Buna skillfully gets both hands around the orc’s one hand and moves it away from her and twists hard on it. Using the opening, she rolls out of the grapple and scrambles to her feet.

“I’m going to roast yer arse for that one, ye damned runt orc!” she hisses. With her urgosh on the ground, she only has her shield to protect her now. Reaching up with her free hand, she tosses aside her battered Arcanii helm and growls at the scrambling orc…

Raltise & Lythe (Init 5)

The psionicist smirks slightly, jogging towards the exit so no other orcs can try to escape. Almost nonchalantly, he fires off another bolt of psychic energy at one of the orcs.

Perhaps a bit too casual, the bolt of energy crashes into the stone floor instead.

Lythe has better luck as her fists slam the orc hard in the ribs, crunching bone. The stout orc none the less remains standing from the blow, its eyes leveled on little Lythe with a blazing ferocity…

Arman Madero (Init 19 – Delayed to Init 4)

He was going to have to take a chance. And he knew it. Calling out some directions, he quickly cast his spell and started moving again, grateful he was invisible. "Raltise-DOWN! Thordek-Some lightning coming to help you!" Aiming, he yelled out a final time... the word from the scroll that activated the spell... "Tintreach!"

As he unleashes the magic in his precious scroll, Thordek steps out of the line of his spell quite inadvertently and so does Raltise. It courses through his body and he feels a supreme urgency to let it fly, barely able to hold on to the magic. His fingers crackle and become enveloped in electrical energy as he gestures in the direction of the orcs, sending another powerful lightning bolt scything through this seemingly endless enemy.

Of the seven orcs in the row, three of them appear to shrug off the magic entirely – although they certainly notice its passing. Two of the rest dodge away, only being scorched. Of the other three, one orc takes the bolt of lightning right in the chest but somehow remains standing yet in extreme pain. Two of the others drop to the ground, succumbing to their wounds including the one adjacent to Thordek as the lightning explodes into the stone. Fragments of it are blown about and the fragile stone column shudders and groans.

Arman’s summoned hell hound continues its own attack. Laying prone and immobilized by the Tanglefoot bag Raltise just threw at it, the hell hound leaps for its prey. Its teeth gnash, claws fly and its fiery bite char the orcs neck. Locked on, its teeth squeeze the life out of the orc…

Magnum (Init 4)

Magnum looks over to Grathalmor and says, "So...me and you against this Ice demon. Let's say whoever lands the finishing blow, the other buys ale when we get back to civilization, eh?" Magnum only has time to hand over his potion bottle and says a small prayer for his companion as he eyes the demon or devil. He suddenly finds himself surrounded by another kind of outsider.

His bewildered mind has trouble focusing on lore in this swirling battle, but he recognizes both after a moment. Now two bearded devils and one summoned its retinue of lemurs to join it; the other one had yet to summon. That glaive the devils held and their wiry beards were both nasty in their own right but they were also frenzied fighters as well, not unlike the minotaurs or most of the other orcs he had seen. They could also teleport at will…

Clearly those poor humans are obviously sacrifices; that’s why the first thing they do is kill them and claim their souls before anything else. And there was one left.

The Orc's side of the turn will be up tomorrow night!
    Last edited by mshady; 2008-07-03 at 02:57 AM.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Western Orcs

Almost evenly matched in numbers now, these orcs are desperate to even the odds and take advantage of the raging minotaur’s reckless charges. The orc in front of Gore swings his battleaxe at the minotaur and it tears a rent in his thick armor and cuts into his side deeply. Blood streams from the wound and the minotaur grunts hard from the wound and staggers for a moment. He almost seems to be keeping himself on his feet through sheer temerity at this point. A second orc swings hard at Kerik, its axe cutting through the side of Kerik’s chest cuirass. Bones crunch and muscles are cut as blood runs freely from the hard shot he just took. Kerik’s eyes blaze in anger at the orc as the minotaur marks his next victim…

Another orc tries to swing around from behind the first two attackers and attack Kerik. His fearsome axe swings out in a flash and crashes through the orc’s shield, slices through its chainmail and cuts all the way through to the orc’s spine. With his axe sunk too deeply to pull it out, Kerik drags the flailing orc towards him and stops on its head and holds down the orc as he frees his axe. Somehow the frenzied orc stands and tries to stumble off, dead but not quite realizing it yet before its innards move outwards and it collapses.

The two orcs adjacent to Hjalmar now look at taking their own turn with the big dwarf. In spite of Hjalmar’s best defenses, the farthest orc again strikes true. It feints to the right with a blow and Hjalmar’s shield darts to meet it, but the orc is too fast and it reverses its direction. It chops down hard into Hjalmar’s left hip so hard he fears something might have broke.

Hjalmar takes an 11 pt hit from the orc. 13/78 hp.

The other orc decides to try and put one of those damned minotaurs down for good. With a mighty swing, the orc’s axe whistles through the air and strikes one of the minotaur’s hard metal spikes, denting his own axe and bending over the armor spike. Cursing, the orc hopes to survive the wounded minotaur’s next attack and wonders what it took to slay the damned beast…

Eastern Orcs

The remaining orcs, out of javelins, decide to press onwards in hopes the one last push they had in them would be enough to kill some of their attackers. Howling and whooping, they charge onwards at Kelith. With his chain swinging around him, he watches the orcs come in on him from the left and lets his chain dance amongst them. It swings out and strikes one hard, bounces back and is swung around again to batter another and snapped to the left to strike the third on rushing orc. However hard the hits are though, only one of the orcs go down.

Kelith does 12, 11 pts and 7 pts amongst the three orcs attacking him, killing one…

Unfortunately, four other orcs make it within striking distance of Kelith and swing at him. He dodges and blocks two of the blows, but two more strike him very hard. The axes slice into his arm and rake across his back and ribs painfully, filleting the flesh off part of his back. The hot pain from THAT wound is like no fire he’s ever been in.

Kelith takes 23 pts of damage from the two blows, leaving him at 31/63 hp

Buna, now on her feet, finds herself unarmed except for her shield. Fortunately for her, it’s an axe shield. As the onrushing orc lunges for her, she side steps it and slices downwards with her axe shield at the orc’s outstretched arm. The arm is severed at the elbow and the orc pulls it back it’s bloody stump and screams in shock before collapsing to the ground.

Quick as a cat, Buna is back in a defensive stance. She bats away one axe blow aimed for her exposed head with a resounding clang. The second axe blow comes in just as she blocks the other blow and strikes her in the side of her chest. Her armor is torn and she is jolted to the side by the brutal strength of the blow. Red seeps between the seams of her armor. Stumbling, she clutches the wound reflexively and growls. With a broken nose and a battered face, she is wearing a mask of blood and bruises at this point. It’s hard to tell how much more she can take.

Thordek finds himself nearly surrounded as the orcs press on. One sweep of his axe drops one onrushing attacker, but it’s hardly enough. Four more orcs rain blows down upon him. One strikes him right next to the spine, the shock stunning him for a moment and breaking ribs in that tender area. The second blow splits his thigh, digging deep but missing the femoral artery.

The last blow proves to be too much for Thordek to withstand. Tottering, he groans and falls to the ground in a heap. Blood seeps from his wounds as he lapses into unconsciousness…

Thordek is at -4/64 HP. He’s unconscious and fading, but not dead yet.

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=224&i=orccave8zr9.jpg][IMG]http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/85
    Last edited by mshady; 2008-07-04 at 03:00 AM.

22. - Top - End - #772

WolfInSheepsClothing

Magnum

Magnum looks at the bearded demons cursing them for summoning these fleshy wretches. Magnum considers pushing through these monster but decides not to leave his fellow dwarves. He attacks the creature in front of Grathalmore, hoping to carve a path towards the real threats. "Blast you demons...come and fight us yourself cowards," Magnum yells at the glaive carrying monsters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+11)[29]
    Damage:(2d8+10)[18]

I don't know if these guys just appeared around us or moved to us, but if they moved toward us I should have gotten an AOO because I'm large. Just let me know...thanks
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-07-04 at 11:23 AM.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

23. - Top - End - #773
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Grathalmore

Grathalmore swings wildly with his Urgosh. "Get these blasted jellies out of here. Come and get us ye stinking demons."

Spoiler
    Show

Attack1:(1d20+11)[16]
    Damage1:(1d10+5)[11]

Attack2:(1d20+11)[29]
    Damage2:(1d6+4)[10]

Attack3:(1d20+6)[24]
    Damage3:(1d10+5)[15]

24. - Top - End - #774

GnomeWizardGuy

Arum flips off the nearest orc while screaming seemingly impossible obscenities about the orcs' mothers and how girly the orcs look to him. He waits until after the incoming minotaurs attack, then with a few quick hand motions and a couple words of power her sends bolts of force flying from his finger tips into the nearest orc.

[delaying until after the minos attack]

magic missile damage - (1d4+1)[2]
    magic missile damage - (1d4+1)[4]
    magic missile damage - (1d4+1)[3]
    Last edited by Katasi; 2008-07-05 at 12:58 AM.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kelith
    AC: 26 (+4 from buffs, +3 from Armor Rune)
    HP: 56/63 (+6 from buff)

{{Circle of Blades Damage: (1d6+6)[8]
    The 3 orcs next to me all take this damage, no save.

If the orc in Ak-18 is still alive i'll toss my last dagger at him, if he is dead I'll just attack the nearest orc.}}

Dagger - (1d20+11)[5](16)
    Damage - (1d6+4)[5]

{{Assuming I kill the orc in Ak-18, otherwise I will edit my post}}

After tossing his last dagger Kelith will side step (to Ak-18) away from the orcs and once again ask for Kossuth's blessing as he heals the new wounds he has taken.

{{Casting CSW CSW - (3d8+8)[25] after moving to Ak-18}}
    Spells Cast
    0-2
    1st-2
    2nd-3
    3rd-3
    Last edited by Tharar_Greenleaf; 2008-07-04 at 11:24 PM.

26. - Top - End - #776

GnomeWizardGuy

forgot ride check

ride - (1d20+4)[13]

27. - Top - End - #777
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

ROUND 8

Arman wasn't sure what to do now. More things to fight. Thordek went down and nothing could be seen of him anymore. He needed healing. Arman figured maybe another fifteen seconds or less and his invisibility would wear off. Then he would be a target.

"Diúracán déanta de draíochta cruth agus buail" Missiles shot once again from his hand and headed towards where he last saw Thordek, slamming into one of the Orc creatures there.

Arman cursed himself a bit for forcing Thordek to move back and make himself more of a target with the lightning bolt, but it could not be helped. He needed to do as much damage as he could.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground

Nalrak sacrifices his final third level spell (Stone Shape) to infuse Gore again with healing energy (unless the other minotaur needs it more). "C'mon now, ye big bulls! Drive them back to hell!"

OOG: Nalrak sacrificed Wind Wall last round.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Hey everyone - still need posts for Johannes, Hjalmar, Bundok, Sable and Raltise... I don't mind skipping a few people in a round but...

Otherwise the turn is resolved :)

Mike
    Last edited by mshady; 2008-07-09 at 01:38 AM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

OOC: Dun Dun DUN