New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Umber Terra: A Shattered Realm

Burt snorts at the Bird.

"-Snort- Maybe, Not sure, Could have done either, Im not the best Tracker, just doing my best. "

Burt looks over to his doc.

"I can.... see in the dark with some effort."

Burt puts his hand to his eyes and attempts to Shapeshift his eyes to that of an Owl's

(Alteration 2 + Shapeshifting Perk)

(1d20)[9] + (1d6)[3]

Spoiler: Overflow
    Show

(1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[3]
    (1d20)[10]
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[4]

After a few moments of trying he growls.

"Alright, I cant do that. Still getting used to these powers. So, heres the plan unless someone disagrees with it. We are gonna hustle along side the river in the direction they left. Our feathered companion here... Is going to scout for us, try and find where they are now, and report back. It would be even better if you could carry us, but without that, well have to do without. "
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2019-10-18 at 12:49 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

As Tekaji examines the situation, the ardor and heat he began generating an hour ago starts to fade. Though he was quiet throughout the journey here, now he finally speaks. "I am Tekaji now- Tekaji only. And you do not see. These arrows are precise shots- only Shook rangers are capable of such precision. They drove off the drivers, then stole the goods. Our people would not work as mere bandits. They are members of the resistance against the dragons, and I have no desire to shed their blood."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

"I... can carry people, yes," Ina said, addressing Burt's question first. "I have a harness in my leg pouch, but that only seats one. And I can carry one other in my talons. I can probably carry more weight than that, but I have to consider the safety of my passengers."
    Then the thunderbird looked at Tekaji and tilted her head.
    "Hmm, but you would be fine spilling shook blood, you mean? To be honest, I would hope it doesn't come to that. A little bit of intimidation can go a long way, you know. So do we still think the culprits took the goods downriver in canoes?"
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

"NO!" Tekaji bellows, sounding insulted. "I would spill NO rebel blood at all! They are honorable warriors fighting evil!" He sighs and deflates somewhat. "Were that I were so bold...but it still hurts to consider."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Burt holds up his hands and snorts toward the bird.

"-Snort- Then heres a plan.... we outfit you with your harness, and have you take...Takeji with you, when you spot them, deposit him nearby, I trust he wont... rush in and spill any blood, just watch from a distance. Then you can come back and retrieve the two of us and then we can go in as a group to... survey the situation and the best way to solve it, with us leaving alive, and with the goods, back to town. Any complaints or alterations?"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Ina's crest lifted at Tekaji's words, and her cheeks fluffed while her eyes partially closed, giving her a vaguely happy expression.
    "Good, good," she said, making an almost purring sound. "And with the lack of blood or bodies, we can hope they will feel the same about us!"
    She paused, feathers smoothing and eyes opening wider again as she regarded Ssithiss.
    "Let's hope the presence of a dracokin with us won't change their mind," she added thoughtfully.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2019-10-18 at 01:33 PM.
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The Mintauran retrieve Ina's rider harness and get it strapped on. Tekaji climbs on, this time equipped with straps which he tightens around himself and Ina takes off. Soaring over the river the two see several sections of light rapids with mostly still pools between them, trees line both sides thickly. After about 45 minutes of flight, they had covered as much ground as several hours of walking. Ina spots a pillar of smoke along the right branch of the river. As they draw near they can see the glow of a small fire. A shallow cove dips inland just outside of the camp. Ina splashes down in the water and Tekaji loosens the straps and climbs down. Ina returns to get Burt and Ssithiss and comes back.
    Spoiler: DM
    Show

(1d20)[1](1d4)[4]
    (1d20)[8](1d4)[4]
    (1d20)[20](1d6)[1]

(5d20)[3][7][16][2][1](29)(5d4)[3][1][3][2][1](10)(5d6)[3][1][5][3][3](15)

When Ina returns to the cove she has Burt on her back and Ssithiss clutched in her talons, his tail dangling below. She flies across the moon and casts a haunting silhouette to any observant enough.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2019-10-18 at 02:15 PM.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Burt speaks loud enough only to be heard by their flyer.

"Land us quietly near Takeji if you can, well all go in via the water through the trees, cut off their canoe escape if we can. "
    Festival of Heroes:

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Ina spiraled downwards.
    "Sorry, Ssithiss, I can't land while holding you," she said. She swooped low and dropped the yuan-ti into the water from just a couple feet above it, flapping her powerful wings to circle upwards again. She banked her wings to pivot back towards the cove. She dropped one wing and spiraled sharply downward, pulling up at the end as she put her feet down to land in the shallow water again. She folded her wings and looked over at the yuan-ti to make sure he was fine.
    "Hmm, last time I held a snake in my talons like that, I tore it in half and ate it," she commented. It was very difficult to tell from her tone or avian expression whether or not she was joking.
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

”Wait. What?” Ssithiss gasped as Ina released him, he landed with what he hoped was a gentle splash that didn’t attract unwanted attention. ”Good thing I know how to sssswim,” he sputtered. ”Well that’s fair considering I made a dinner out of several eggssss,” he replied, gauging her reaction, if he could.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Ina's crest flexed and her beak gaped open slightly. "Well they probably weren't thunderbird eggs! That would be a very expensive dinner. There's not a lot of us and we don't clutch often." She sounded rather amused.

"Anyway, how do we want to handle this? I'm not exactly an owl. As long as there's a good amount of clear space, I can fly, but landing is rather more of a problem in the dark. I could fly overhead and be available to help you guys escape, or fight if necessary. I don't know for sure how wise it will be for Ssithiss to approach directly. I would also not be surprised if there are snipers posted on guard in the treetops."
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Burt looked at the group.

"the three of us earthbound will wade in until we can get to the shore and approach that way."

He points to the thunderbird

"How good are you with land based combat, or is aerial combat your only option?"
    Festival of Heroes:

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, I'm most effective swooping down on enemies from above. It's easier to surprise them, and it's easier to aim my lightning. I can also pick enemies up and drop them, or claw at them," Ina replied, tilting her head to one side thoughtfully.
    "But I can generate electricity from the ground as well, and I can bite, or bludgeon with my wings," she said, clicking her beak. "It's more difficult to use my talons, but not impossible."
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Burt nods and looks to the group.

"Then I'll have you join us as we approach by land, the area is heavily wooded and flight will be near impossible. If you and the doc stay at ranged, me and takeji will handle up close and personal interaction. Any problems?"
    Festival of Heroes:

15. - Top - End - #75

RedWizardGuy

Ssithiss pulled out a simple flintlock pistol, ”To be honesssst I’m a little better up close but there isss merit in your ssstrategy,”. He then noticed water dripping from the barrel and he sighed in annoyance, ”Then again, I ssshould have invesssted in a crossssbow inssstead.”
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2019-10-20 at 05:14 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Tekaji does not look thrilled with this conversation. "I still have no wish to fight. Let us try words first. Perhaps we may reach peace."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Ina shifted towards Tekaji and leaned forward to pluck gently at the fur on top of his head with her beak.
    "Don't worry, I want us to try and talk things out peacefully too. But we still need a strategy in case we must defend ourselves. It doesn't serve us to have incorrect expectations of each other in case a fight breaks out," she said gently.
    "Here, let's make a show of good faith, and not sneak up on them," she said. She looked at Tekaji's axe, her crest lifting.
    Spoiler: Boon invocation
    Show
    Light (energy) (1d20)[11] + (2d6)[3][1](4)
    Spoiler: explosion contingency rolls
    Show
    (1d20)[17]
    (1d20)[4]
    (1d20)[9]
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[4]
    A little spark jumped from her feathers to the axe, causing it to glow and shed light for 10'.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2019-10-20 at 08:40 PM.
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As soon as the axe began to glow a voice called out. "Who goes there" in a booming low voice. You can make out a silhouette on the bank of a large bipedal creature backlit by the fire-light.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

"Hmm, I don't think that's a shook," Ina whispered, the feathers on her neck and breast fluffing out, the electricity arcing between the moving feathers sparkling like fireflies in the darkness.
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Everyone standing in the water feels a slight jolt.

Spoiler: Logic 15
    Show
    he seems to be standing just inside the ring of fire light. Without heightened senses he should only be able to see Tekaji and maybe part of Ina in the glow of the electrified axe.

Spoiler: Perception 12
    Show
    he seems to be a large bodied Mintauran with small forward curved horns

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Ina studied the shadow and tried to make an educated guess about the situation.
    Spoiler: perception & logic
    Show
    Perception: (1d20)[4] + (1d6)[6] <- explosion, +4
    Logic: (1d20)[3] + (1d6)[3]
    Spoiler: explosion contingencies
    Show
    [rollv]5s20[/rollv]
    (6d6)[4][3][1][6][6][5](25)
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2019-10-21 at 10:02 AM.
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: What do I see?
    Show
    Perception: (1d20)[16] + (1d6)[1]

Tekaji steps forward with his now glowing axe. "I am here," he announces in a grumbly voice. "I am of the Fuma. Those with me would have words with you. I beg you hear them without raising up arms."
    Last edited by Andrew Markham; 2019-10-21 at 10:15 AM.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Logic
    (1d20)[4] (1d4)[2]

Spoiler: Explosion Dice
    Show

(1d20)[12] (1d20)[16] (1d20)[12]
    (1d4)[3] (1d4)[2] (1d4)[3]

Perception
    (1d20)[16] (1d4)[3]

Spoiler: Explosion Dice
    Show

(1d20)[1] (1d20)[17] (1d20)[18]
    (1d4)[2] (1d4)[4] (1d4)[2]

Burt whispers to Takeji

"Looks like they kept watches, No chance for sneaking up now that they have seen us"
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2019-10-21 at 10:18 AM.
    Festival of Heroes:

24. - Top - End - #84

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: perception check
    Show
    (1d20)[17].........

Spoiler: logic check
    Show
    (1d20)[11] + (1d8)[6]
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2019-10-21 at 10:47 AM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: Perception 19
    Show
    A soft voice whispers behind the Mintauran. "I have witnessed an Omen. I believe him."

The silhouette raises his right had in front of him and draws it back beckoning you forward. "Come, into the light, that I may see you clearly, Fuma touched, and those with him."

26. - Top - End - #86

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: perception check
    Show
    .....(1d20)[2].....

While still concealed in the darkness, Ssithiss pockets his useless firearm, making a mental note to get it and his possibly his leather jacket cleaned later. He then slithered slowly towards the light and the mysterious Mintauren waiting for their reaction.
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2019-10-21 at 03:30 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Ina tipped her head down so that her face was in the top of the light's glow, looking towards the other minotaur upside down. She lifted her crest and fluffed the feathers on her cheeks with a glitter of static. The bluish glow of the light she'd created on the axe made her charcoal feathers have a luminous blue tint, and her icy, pale eyes looked more saturated, while conversly, the old-gold color of her beak was cooled to a grayish-brown in the tinted light.
    "Hello."
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2019-10-21 at 03:37 PM.
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As Ssithiss slithered toward the Mintauran and entered the light an arrow flew past his nose and splashed into the water with a barely audible blorp. The Mintauran shouted "What trickery is this? You invoke the Umber in the company of Dragos? I demand you...." he stops cold mid-sentence when Ina's head dips into the light and he realizes what he is seeing is not a large rock formation that Tekaji was standing next to, but rather a legendary creature that he had only heard stories of. His voice returned, but softer and drenched in disbelief. "It, it can't be. Are you? Are? Are you Kha Yoog? I don't understand. How could? No. Come, we will talk around the fire. We will hold for as long as you will."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Burt joins the group as they slowly approach, no weapons in hand. He stops when the arrow comes forth, but continues after they claim they will hold.
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Ina's feathers flattened against her body as if she were deflating, and a sadness darkened her eyes before she lifted her head up to be in shadow again.
    "Ah, no..." she said softly. "Kha Yoog no longer walks the land." The sadness glimpsed briefly in her eyes was reflected in the thunderbird's quiet voice.
    Show

Show