New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Umber Terra: A Shattered Realm

Reginald shook his fist at the man. "And now you just wasted a beer. Be fiscally responsible!" He yelled.

"Common idiot." The rhino sighed. He looked at the warthog for a moment. "Okay, I'll go with you. Maybe I'll figure out what I want to do with you and your companions."

Reginald held out a hand. "I am Reginald Ringhorn. You can call me Reginald or Mr. Ringhorn if you are formal."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Burt extended his hand and took Reggies Hand, shaking it firmly.

"Names Burt. Lets get a table and get something to eat, my treat."

He looks to the bartender.

"Stew and Bread, and Beers, Three, at... that table. "

He points to a table with an Aging Tauran, and moves to sit with Tekaji

"Well Teacher...I have company for our... travels."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Tekaji sizes up the new recruit. The older Mintauran grumbles, "I am Tekaji. I see your muscles are strong. Does your spirit match?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Reginald joined them at the table. "Nice to meet you both. I have plenty of fighting spirit. Perhaps some fighting smarts too. I am Reginald Ringhorn, a fighting wander and a hopeful scholar. Where are you heading?"
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Tekaji looks at Burt, uncertain how to answer. "We are not sure. We have a small task we have attended to in this town, and then we should probably be leaving again. Leave when we leave, and we will tell you more."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Burt Motions over to Ssithiss.

"Come on over doc, come meet our new companion, He might need a patch job if you have time."

He smiles to Reggie.

"This is my Doc, I trust him with my life."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ssithiss turns to his companions, holds up a hand as if to signal for them to wait, then he looks around, shifts the position of his chair to his table to where he's facing the wall and hopefully no one can see as he unhinges his jaw and picks up his steak, swallowing it whole. He pounds on his chest in a satisfied manner before picking himself out of his seat and heading to Burt and the new champion. "Greetingssss. Though I'm not ssssure if my ssservicccesss are neccccessssary. You appear uninjured from that brawl."
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Reginald smiled to his new acquaintances. "Sounds fine to me!"

"Oh yeah. No pain. It was just annoying."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

A small Kobold emerges from the office room that the blonde had entered earlier. He scurries over to Reginald, weaving through the crowd of patrons. When he reaches Reginald, he says "Excuse me sir. Your prize money." He hands up an envelope containing 100 units. "You really caused an upset tonight, ho hoh. Would you be interested in staying on and fighting every week? Becoming our new champion, so to speak?"

Ina watches as workers clear the last remaining parcels from the wagon.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2019-11-16 at 10:25 PM.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Reginald looked down at the kobold. "Sorry, but I will be hitting the road with my new... acquaintances. Sorry to beat and run, but thanks for the offer." He smiled, taking the money.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Burt looked between those who had gathered.

"There are alot of places we could go, I have some ideas, but any input you have, Would be appreciated."
    Festival of Heroes:

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Ina sighed and shuffled her feathers. What is taking them so long? I was worried they'd be waiting on me since I took the time to hunt! But this tavernkeeper's men have just about finished unloading, it's getting dark, and time's wasting, the thunderbird thought, annoyance mounting.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Tekaji shrugs. "If our mission is done, we must return. We are few of a tribe now. These choices must not be made alone."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Burt nods in Agreement and after eating, he ushers the group outside to meet their final companion
    Festival of Heroes:

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah! There you are! I wasn't expecting this errand to take quite so long. It will be dark soon!" Ina said, sliding to the edge of the roof to look down at her friends as they emerged from the tavern.
    "I had time enough to go hunting. I chose to save some of the meat, to share, but I haven't the ability to prepare the meat. I know how. The easiest thing will be to put the cuts of meat in water-proof sacks of salt. I know it's not ideal, but given the choice between meat and starvation, even the pickiest minotauren can make do. But we should buy some vegetables before we return," Ina suggested.
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Burt waved to Ina.

"Sorry Ina... we got.... roped in, and ate as well, This is Reginald.."

Burt motions to the new Rhino-Taur.

"... he cold-cocked the Dracko-kin Champion inside, and has decided to walk with us for a bit."

He looked back to Tekaji with a smile.

"And some... new bonds seem to be forming as well"

He hands out 100 Credits to Ina, Tekaji, and The Doctor.

"Profits for everyone. "
    Festival of Heroes:

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Ina shuffled her wings. "Hang onto my share for me, it's not like I have the means to spend it. I will have to give you what I have in order to buy things for me anyway." she said.
    "So... do you think a green grocer would still be open at this hour? I was never really the one to do the shopping, so I don't really know how late stores stay open," Ina said, glancing away for a moment.
    She turned back to look at the rhinotaur with interest.
    "Hello; it is good to see one of your kind again. There were never very many rhino types around, and they've become even rarer of late."
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #258

RedWizardGuy

"Ssso, now that we've accomplissshed thisss missssion, what are your plansss for usss next?" Ssithiss said as he put his share of the money in his vest, "Back to Donovan'sss Fall? Or do you know of sssomewhere elssse that you think requiresss our help?"
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Ina's cheek feathers puffed out in confusion.
    "What do you mean? I thought we agreed to meet back up with our... new friends... and help their cause. Although I know you were more reserved than the rest due to... differences. If you want to go home to Donovan's Falls, I won't stop you. But I think our 'friends' could benefit from having another doctor around, especially one that can go into just about any town to buy supplies without looking suspicious."
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Burt nods to Ina.

"We are going to go meet up with our friends for now, and look for further guidence from there. Tekaji has offered his guidence on a personal level. So unless someone has.... input, I think its time to pull a cart and meet up with friends, maybe buy some greens for the road?"
    Festival of Heroes:

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As Ina looks out from her vantage point, she can see most of the market stalls are shuttered. The clangs of a few blacksmiths' hammers ring out into the twilight as day begins turning to night. The streets are mostly empty now with a few pairs of people here and there and the occasional cart or wagon passing down roads. A man on a horse rides along the roadside with a long pole, a flaming candle at the end of it, he is lighting lamps as he passes them. A few buildings have lamps on sconces on either side of the door as an invitation to enter. A gruff looking man comes out to light the same type of lamps at the Brown Bear, as you're talking. One particular house, high on the hill with a road leading directly to it from the market district is well lit, it is a large house, white and well kept, a stark contrast to the blacks and browns of the stone and iron common houses that you passed as you entered the city. The roadway to the house is lined on either side with lampposts and the soft glow of gas lights even shine from within the windows making the place a beacon on the hill.

The wagon that you brought is now empty. The sky is streaked with oranges and yellows and the horizon is blanketed with pink as the sun is just beginning to touch it.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Ina sighed. "It looks like we're going to have to wait until morning. It's quickly getting too dark for me to safely fly. Or at least, to safely land. But we need to figure something out with the leftovers of my prey before the meat spoils, so that can't wait. I stashed it just outside the gate we entered, up in a tree. I thought carrying a gutted quill bear into the city would... draw too much attention," she said, flexing her crest.
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Tekaji turns to Reginald. "You, Warrior. Where have you been staying? What part of town is safe for our kind to sleep unharassed?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"My people's horns are coveted for making jewelry of all things. Demand in some markets are too much to wait for us to die naturally... so..." Reginald explained as he grit his teeth.

"I am from the lowlands and prefer them. These mountains are mostly too rocking for my feet. However, there's an inn on the other side of town that didn't mind housing me. It should be okay for all of us." He answered.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Tekaji grunts. "Then let us go there. Where will you rest, great bird?" he asks Ina.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Burt nods in agreement and pushes to lead the wagon in that direction before waiting to hear from ina
    Festival of Heroes:

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

"I... guess I can just perch on the roof. But what about the quill bear?" Ina asked.
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

You make your way through the market district's rows of shuttered shops and get friendly waves from the occasional passersby while Ina soars high overhead largely blending in with the darkening sky. Reginald leads you to the inn where he had been staying. As you enter the smell of fresh bread fills your nostrils and there is soft music in the air from a quartet of stringed instruments being played in the lounge area of the lobby. There is a desk to the right with a shelf of letter boxes behind it. Working the desk is a ewe Mintauran in a soft felted dress with a dark green plaid. She glances up and meets your gaze. "Lookin' fer a ruum dears?"

Ina notices the roof is ridged with a single solid log which makes for a sturdy perch. The night is clear and calm and the sounds from below rise gently, voices may be muffled but the soft hum of music serves as a lullaby.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Burt look up to Ina.

"Ill give you a hand with that, Im a bit rusty, so you may have to instruct me here and there, once I get us some rooms."

The Pig-taur smiled to the Ewe-Taur.

"Yes, rooms for .... four please ma'am"
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #270

RedWizardGuy

”Perhapsss a bag of sssalt is in order for your leftoversss? I can help procure sssome for you?” the Yuan-ti suggested as they moved. When the group enters the inn, Ssithiss finds himself captivated by the music of the string quartet and is swaying to the tune as his companion secures rooms for them for the evening.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show