Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

”Fine by me, means I have to be smacked around way less.”
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    I raised an eyebrow at Remiel. "Yeah, well, here's the thing. Those goblins are just spawning out of nowhere, so even if we brutally murder all of them, they'll be back. And it's not as though a few flesh golems will break through - hell, I suck against constructs, and I can still chop up five of the damned things in a minute or so. With the number of people guarding that perimeter, and the number of schmucks you're sending down here on the regular, I don't think they're gonna manage in a million years."

Spoiler: Also, sense motive the hell out of that duderino
    Show
    [roll0]
    Remiel shrugs. He seems to be amused more than anything, enjoying the irony of mercy being shown to creatures that he does not believe capable of showing mercy to anyone else. The thought doesn't make him feel sad or worried, mind you - he finds it delightful.

I turned my attention to the hole in the ground, unfazed by the lack of light, trying to see whether or not I could see the bottom. If not, well, there's my handy cable-spool and grapple, so if no-one's objecting, Imma go down and see what's there...
    Quote Originally Posted by kylelopezwms View Post
    "Also, i would best be taking vanguard as im the only one who can fly back up!"
    The walls of this fissure are sharp and jagged - climbing back up should not be difficult, but the stone is sharp enough that putting too much weight on a rope might cause it to tear.

The hole is a lot deeper than the one above you. The descent into darkness is long enough that even with darkvision you lose sight of the party above before seeing anything new below. Eventually the hole opens up into an enormous cavern. There is no light inside, but with darkvision or a light source you can see what looks like the outlines of bare trees or crude stone pillars below.

The air is colder here. In the distance you can hear a quiet noise, just at the edge of hearing.
    Throw the dice high.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Tara still carries the everburning torch, and as the threat of conflict disappears, changes her stance back, sniffing the air for threats as the sound reaches her ears.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are we allowed a roll to try and ID the sound, or did you already roll that in secret?

Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

”Something’s sleeping up ahead. Want to scout it out, Sneaky?” she says to the shadowy human. “Figure you’re a tad quieter than I am.”

Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Ted gives a sidelong glance to the goblins as they left, after Mao meowed something to him, but he was certain the rest of the party already knew what Mao told him. Looking over to the human shadow as well, he raises a brow.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

6. - Top - End - #126

WolfInSheepsClothing

"On it." I rushed in where the angel probably didn't fear to tread, feeling decidedly un-stealthy - though most people still wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hell of seeing or hearing me, mind.

7. - Top - End - #127

As Tara begins the slow process of climbing along the ceiling, Micah lowers herself down to the cavern floor.

There are what looks to be large, bare trees here. Appears to be... oak trees? They are withered, presumably from growing in a cavern deep underground in a dungeon that never gets sunlight... But never the less, they are still intact and do not appear to be rotting. If they had had leaves, or even just more than a few branches, it might have seemed to be a forest. As it is, they just out of place in this gloomy cave.

In the distance Micah just barely catches sight of something tiny scurrying away. Not an animal, but clearly something that fled upon realizing it was not alone. A few seconds later another of the small creatures scurry off in another direction. This one remains in view long enough for Micah to get a clear look at it. In darkvision nothing has colour, but it looks at first like a cobra, only that's not quite right. Part of the knowledge Micah gained when transported to this world was knowledge of the nasty thing that live in the deep. This appears to be what's known as a tongue worm. Rare parasites that form symbiotic bonds with other creatures, and imbed themselves inside their host, covering their tongue and extending down into the host's stomach. They have a weak poison attack, but are more notable for conferring immunity to all poisons for any creature brave enough to let one of the things crawl inside them.

---

Tara climbs carefully, and so fairly slowly. There appears to be nothing of interest on the ceiling, but below she sees the landscape of deadish trees extending in all directions. In the end she can see something like a hill below, and in it a large opening, like a cavernous mouth. The snoring appears to come from inside the hill. Whatever's sleeping in there - and there are several somethings, they are probably significantly larger than horses. It might be her imagination, but it feels colder the closer she gets to that hill.
    Throw the dice high.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Tara's hands begin to feel a bit of the strain of holding not only her weight but the weight of her armor as well. This new body seriously was kind of amazing. She had gone rock climbing at the gym once, and was hurting as soon as she got to the inverse portion of the wall. She smiles a bit to herself, continuing forward, taking her time to do everything right, feeling for firm handholds, teeth clenched on the everburning torch. The smile disappears though as she notices the temperature begin to drop and the snoring getting louder, breaking up into distinct sources.

That's not good.

The woman takes a few seconds to take in what information she can: the sounds, the environment, the smell, the temperature drop, before climbing back to the rest of the party. As she does so, she tries to parse what she observed with the knowledge impressed upon her upon entry into this world.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Any knowledge, they're almost all the same: (1d20+17)[31]

+2 if the creature is identified by K: Psionics or K: Nature

Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

After waiting a bit, following behind Tara and Micah was Ted and Mao, the feline pair having a fairly easy time climbing down the walls with the use of claws and cat like reflexes.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Mao has a climb speed of 20.
    Ted rides (1d20+18)[33]

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

As Tara gets back, she’s slightly surprised to only find the bitter angel remaining. ”If I were to guess what’s there, it would be ice giants. Come on - I doubt the others are actually going to turn around at this rate.”

Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Of Course it would be giants. Stupid of me to think otherwise." Bob gracefully flies down the hole

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Tara climbs down and catches up with the rest of the party.

Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Nabaru follows the party’s lead, attempting to catch the wall with his claws.

14. - Top - End - #134

Most of the party rushes through the bizarre forest to catch up, taking time to study neither the trees nor the little scurrying creatures that seem to be avoiding you but also studying you from a distance. What awaits you inside the hill is a short tunnel, but the further you go inside it, the louder you hear the snores, and the colder it feels. It's not to the point where it's damaging, but it's definitely uncomfortable, and you couldn't really sleep here without something to help you keep warm.

In a room the size of a large house lie four sleeping forms. They are giants, three times the size of a human, with blue skin and frost white hair. Three of them have full plate armor, though they do not sleep in it, and it lies next to them. One appears to be using theirs as a pillow. The fourth lies sleeping as well, but has no armor. The three also have enormous axes at their side, the fourth seems to have no weapons or equipment at all.

They are asleep. If you are quiet you could get the pounce on them. However... they do look quite strong. This feels like a fight that could go very badly if you fail to end it quickly.

Alternatively you could try to sneak past them. A tunnel on the other side of the room slopes downwards, and likely leads deeper into the dungeon.

...You could try to steal their equipment. That might cause them to wake up though.

Remiel has gone completely quiet since you descended to the cavern floor outside the hill. He gestures to a ring on his finger, turns it around, and seems to disappear.

Spoiler: Scent
    Show
    Remiel's faint smell remains. He has presumably gone invisible so as not to cause any difficulties, should the party attempt anything sneaky.

At this point you are in the tunnel, just outside the room with the sleeping giants.
    Throw the dice high.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

As Tara looks at the huge humanoids, her mind races, images of battles she never fought and stories she never heard rush through her mind. "They're far stronger than you or I, and have taken blows that would stop a full grown bear," says the voice of an older man as she watches one slice its axe through three men, cleaving them all in half. "We slew one, by setting its clothes ablaze, but even then he slew two of our friends before succumbing to the flames," it continues as the scenes shifts to two men hurling flasks of dull liquid that burst into flame upon impact with the giant.

Tara looks to the party and gestures to move outside.

"Sneak. I'm not budging on this. A fight with those giants will wake the forest. Those aren't ordinary trees," she whispers.

Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Mao and Ted whisper a bit to each other before nodding and attempting to sneak along with the rest of the group. He wasn't about to go toe-to-toe with frost giants.. If you can't stand the heat.. or lack there of, get out of the kitchen.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Mao Sneaks (1d20+22)[34]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Not the sneakiest, but happy that the cats seem receptive, Tara quietly follows suit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: (1d20+15)[35]

Show

18. - Top - End - #138

WolfInSheepsClothing

I look back at Tara, and roll my eyes. I'm, like, 80% sure I can take the frost giants on my own. Whatever. I'm blaming her when this all goes horribly wrong. I eff off away from the sleeping giants, scowling.

Spoiler: Stealth
    Show
    (1d20+25)[44]

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Nabaru vanishes into the shadows, silently reappearing further into the cave.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Alternating between Shadow Jaunting through the cave and recovering it, never taking a step.

Stealth:(1d20)[20]

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Ted turns about and waves to the other, as Mao prods along. "Trip.. wires" he whispers out to the others, while tying to be still quite as he can.

21. - Top - End - #141

The team manages to get past the Frost Giants without waking them up or falling for tripwires. The tunnel beyond leads deeper.

And deeper. It finally levels, but not much further on it dips again. Only... there is water here. The tunnel slopes slowly downwards, and it looks like the only path ahead involves going down into it. There are no light sources here, either. The water is cold.
    Throw the dice high.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

"Meow.." Mao protests

"Yeah.. I agree. Turning to look got he rest of the party. "Water up ahead.. and frankly neither of us wants to go in there. It looks wet. Cold.. and wet."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

"BAH! My wings are going to get wet, and i wont be able to dry off, and its going to be a pain."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Tara looks around at everyone squirming at the prospect of a little water. ”We sneak past giants and now you’re all scared of a little water?” The human woman takes a deep breath, and looks around in the water, shining the torch around. If the water has some depth to it, she gracefully dives in for a bit to get a better idea of what they would be dealing with down there. If it was just a short swim, the crew could hopefully suck it up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+17)[37]
    Swim: Take 10, 25

Tara is unbothered by normal levels of cold thanks to her Traveler’s Cloak, and her core is kept dry thanks to the same. When she starts to need air (just under four minutes max, so let’s say after around three) she will return to the surface).

Shift stance to Flame’s Blessing, because it’s not like she can smell anything while holding her breath.

Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, yeah. Water has caused many more deaths than giants have." Ted explains. "Like when you pour it on a grease fire and it explodes throwing flaming hot grease everywhere!"

26. - Top - End - #146

Tara is the first brave one in. The water is cold, but not supernaturally so. Her everburning torch helps immensely in scouting ahead.

The tunnel continues much as it did above the surface, winding slightly left and right as it goes. There are no obvious traps, however there *is* one thing. Some 100 feet in, the corridor ends in a wall, but there is also a hole in the ceiling. In the wall is set a small shaft, blocked by metal bars. You do not see where it leads, but it starts out going straight down. A human sized creature could maybe squeeze through that shaft, but there is no room to really fight.

The hole in the ceiling leads to a small room above water, about 20 feet broad and 50 feet long. There is a similar hole on the opposite end of the room, leading back down into the water. In the center of the room stands a small pedestal, and upon it a human skull. A large green gem is set in each eye. It seems to be grinning.
    Throw the dice high.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Tara looks off at the skull. Her gaming instinct was screaming “Touch it. See what happens. Just touch it. Throw a rock at it. Do it. Do it you coward,” but thankfully the rational part of her brain reminded her that she didn’t have any save points in this world, and that the ‘avatar’ she was using was her own body, so maybe a little caution was warranted. Disappointed, she swims back the way she came.

”It’s only around a hundred feet you wimps. Come on, the water isn’t even that cold,” she says as she shakes her arms and legs off. “At the end there’s a dry room, and a skull with gems in its eyes. Gamer instinct says touch it, survival instinct says don’t touch it. I’d at least like some backup before following the former.”

Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Perhaps I should accompany you, then. Though I've yet to try, this body seems reasonably adept at swimming, and I'm almost certainly the one in this group who can hold their breath the longest.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamurai77 View Post
    Perhaps I should accompany you, then. Though I've yet to try, this body seems reasonably adept at swimming, and I'm almost certainly the one in this group who can hold their breath the longest.
    ”If I can do it, I would hope you can. Come on you newbs,” Tara says with a smirk, stepping back into the water.

Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Nube? I'm afraid that is not a word we have in my world, though I can more or less surmise its meaning from the context.

Nabaru removes his backpack and sandals before following Tara into the water.