New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Frozen North: All Aboard!

"That will do! Work k'hard, and party even k'harder!" she claimed from the mist, and with it, she hopped away back to the car, looking for a bathroom, or secured place to reapaer from
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #302
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Quoth moves to the door alongside Doc. "You think this is the reindeer's doing?"
    "Well I've only known her for a few hours of a train ride, but I reckon there's a decent chance it is her," Doc answers as he moves forward. "Which is just a bit more than I can say about you, stranger."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Rime drinks her first coffee cup and places the cup down onto her tray. "Minion!" Rime flags down the hostess-mare with a non-demanding posture. "I need a refill." She doesn't mind a small wait as Minion cycles through the passengers.

She asks Golden, "Do you think she will cause us problems?" Oddy! Oddy is Rime's friend and shouldn't be embarrassing her. "She was very charming last night. There is good along with the bad. She was able to talk down a raged alicorn. I do think she will prove useful if eccentric." Oddy better not make Rime regret defending her!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

A scroll pops into existence near Rime's face and unfurls. A quill pops in next to the scroll and writes in magic blue ink. The writing hidden. She says to Oddy, "Oddy, Rime talking to you. You will not be able to respond to this spell. You should not cause too much chaos. Golden and I, along with whoever else will be joining us, are going shopping for group supplies. We are preparing for the job. If you get jailed by the railroaders you will not be able to join us. We do not need any trouble." She hesitates. "I still want to travel with you. Shout frost if you need help." Rime signs, "Your friend, Rime." The scroll furls. Rime grabs a stamp out of the air and presses Oddy's face into the sealing wax.

The scroll pops out of existence, never to be seen again. Oddy hears Rime talking directly in her head.

Spoiler: Mind-Sending
    Show
    Regular

Send your thoughts to a subject in a one-way communication. Transmission proceeds at only talking speed, though the caster may also send simple pictures (the time required is equal to the time it would take the subject to copy the picture on paper or parchment).

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oddy slips into the little space between the engine and the passenger car, which is currently unoccupied. Here, she can transform back safely. Right as she does, though, the door slides open and Quoth and Doc stand there, blocking her way. "Name's Quoth," the ghoul is saying, "Now let's...oh. Here she is."

=====

"She might," Golden says, "She might also be the only one capable of getting us out of problems. For example, if someone else goes for the same depot."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy waving.
    "Missed me, g'hamdsomes?' she smile

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #307

Doc blinked. 'well that was easy,' he thought.

He turns to Quoth. "Name's Doc. Quoth, Oddy. Oddy, Quoth. And 'missed' is probably not the wright word. Concerned, yes. At least for me. Now then little reindeer--we heard screaming from up here. Are you causing trouble with the train staff?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

"Oddy does not believe she needs help. I instructed her to call if she needs me. I believe she will make things interesting. The writing material will be good however much she manages to help." Rime looks out the window.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

"Me? Troubles? Kha kha kha!" Oddy laughed with bell like voice.
    "And you should listen more closely- they are clearly, talking about pink
    ghost
    ."
    she rubbed her cheek against his.
    "Do I feel like a ghost to you?' she coe.
    And then turn to Quothe.
    "Good to know your name, Mister G'handsome! I always wondered how you kiss with a beak!'

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #310

Quoth actually looks a little annoyed at the moment. His one good eye glowers at Oddy. "Lady," he says, "The last time someone who wasn't buttering me up called me handsome, Celestia was still visiting school fillies and eating too much cake. As for the kissing, if I thought you were serious, I'd tell you to find out for yourself. Now what's going on and what do you have to do with it?"

====

Golden nudges Rime. "Well we better go bail her out then. It seems she may be getting into trouble with our Regulator friend."

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy looks amused. "Oh. Cranky. This adorable! And k'how would I know?' she smiled innocently, and then gave a peck at the side of Quothe's beak

"A bit akward. I'll need training.' she winked, and try to squeeze through back to the car.

Spoiler: ooc-
    Show

I feel like I should to roll something..
    What to roll?

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #312

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    she rubbed her cheek against his.
    "Do I feel like a ghost to you?' she coe.
    "I'm not one to believe in ghosts, but I can recognize a mare who likes sharing a little chaos," Doc said. He did not stop Oddy from squeezing past him. Instead he decided to go farther forward and check on the crew to make sure they weren't... well he didn't know what Oddy was truly capable of. That rather scared him.

more than any talk of ghosts.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-11-04 at 06:40 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Rime seems content to let Oddy deal with her own problems until Golden nudges her. Rime lets out a small sigh. It shouldn't hurt to check on her friend. "Oddy did not ask for help, but I do not want any trouble on the train. I will go check on her." Rime moves her tray and stands up on all fours. Her staff is in hoof. She puts her journal down. She secures her cargo before walking past Golden.

"Minion! Hold that order." That felt strangely nice for some reason.

She walks to the junction where Quoth stands and Oddy is trying to escape. She asks Quoth, "What is going on here?"

14. - Top - End - #314

"You were in the room. We heard the screaming. And now you're walking out of..." He cuts off at the kiss, confused for a moment. When Oddy tries to slip by, though, his foreleg shoots out and blocks her way. "Ma'am," he says in a low growl, "Avoiding the question doesn't make me think you're any less innocent. Why don't you tell me what you've been doing for the past few minutes. In detail."

"Roger!" Minion calls, "Wait, who's Roger again?"

Quoth glances back at Rime. "Investigation," he says, "To make sure no mischief is happening when we're getting close to town."

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't see how is that any of your buisness." Oddy said sweetly.
    "And of course I am not innocent. I don't think many innocent does would kiss you" she added a wink.
    "And I am a bit k'hungry. So if don't mind..."

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #316

Doc steps into the next car and looks around to see if he's walking into a car full of annoyed employees or a crime scene.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

At this point, Pepper really wishes she had a newspaper or a very large book to hide behind. Oh well, these lunatics are a...small step up from working with sweaty blustering bully stallions all day, and she's pretty sure she can just shoot the reindeer with a beanbag to take the crazy out of her if necessary...

In the meantime she tries to motion Minion over because she now really needs another coffee.

"Seriously, if the Walrus gives you any more trouble you tell me." she whispers to Minion, "Who is that guy, anyway."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

She eyes the Raven's foreleg blocking the door. "I would bet a hundred caps she was up to mischief. Her name could be mischief, and I would believe it. I have known her for less than twelve hours, but she has a lustery go-," she downgrades, "copper heart. Whatever prank she was dispensing on these busy trainponies is harmless natured."

19. - Top - End - #319

Quoth's eyes narrow, but he slowly lowers his foreleg. "I suppose," he says to Rime and Oddy, "that my questions will be answered shortly. And it is not like you can leave a moving..." He clamps his beak shut for a moment. "Right. Let me put it like this. Do not leave the train until we arrive, alright?"

Doc passes into the next car and comes across a group of ponies huddled in the corner over the shattered remains of a card game. They are looking around, scanning the walls, the floor, the ceiling for any signs of they know not what.

====

Minion trots over to Pepper with her cart. "Thank you, I will." She shrugs. "I have no idea," she says honestly, "But he sure has a high opinion of himself. Doesn't he?" She picks up the pitcher with her mouth and, voice muffled, asks, "More coffee?"

20. - Top - End - #320

Doc passes into the next car and comes across a group of ponies huddled in the corner over the shattered remains of a card game. They are looking around, scanning the walls, the floor, the ceiling for any signs of they know not what.
    Doc looks at the card game for a moment, then addresses the ponies. "Morning, folks. I'm one of the passengers in the other car back there. I overheard shouting and came to see if anyone needed help? I'm a learned doctor if that helps at all. Anyone hurt?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Pepper offers up her cup, still holding it with her wing tips.

"Thanks. By any chance," she continues to be quiet and conspiratorial with Minion, "Apart from Oppurtunity over there, you haven't heard any passengers talking about raiding a vault near Neighagara or anything have you?"
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy rolled her eyes to Quothe.
    'D'awwww! You don't k'have to make excuses! I won't abandon such a fan!" she blew a kiss, and hopped forward.
    "MIIIIINIIIEE!' the reindeer squealed.
    She hopped to her, without touching the floor.
    "It k'has been aggges! And yet, you are even more breath stealing! Stop stealing my breath you rascal! she gasped for a long moment.
    "It is me Oddy, you must remember! Please!" she begged and raised a foreleg over her forehead with a dramatic expriession.

"Well, you didn't got to enjoy the disco ball anyway
    '
    she shrugged and gave a big hug
    'My name is Oddy Ire! Yes it does sound like Oh-Dear! You are so clever!"
    She leaned forward.
    "So... I want to pay for the lovely bounty 'untress with silk raven wings-" she pointed at Pepper
    "Coffee for yourself.' pointing at Minion.
    "And grab something for me. Just no cafeine.' she give enough caps and even a bit too much.

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #323

The ponies stare at them. None of them look injured, but they all look traumatized. Scared. Terrified even. They huddle together, clinging to one another. "Run," a mare whispers, "Save yourself. Flee before the Pink Ghost latches on to and starts tormenting you too."

Whatever Oddy did, it has incapacitated part of the crew.

====

"Well, now that you mention it," Minion leans in conspiratorially and whispers right into Pepper's ear, "No, I haven't. Why? Should I have?"

Having escaped Quoth, Oddy sets eyes on the serving mare and, at the sound of her name, Minion whirls just in time to meet Oddy's approach with a bewildered grin. "Um, hi! Yes. I remember you. You are very memorable! I couldn't forget you if I tried." She blinks and frowns. "Stealing your breath...I didn't think that was possible without a Breath-Extractor. Huh."

She sighs. "Yeah. I got yelled at by that stallion." She nods towards the disgruntled stallion in the back. "Oddy Ire! Got it!" She salutes jauntily. "I won't forget it!" She quietly takes the caps and nods. "Apple Juice sound good for you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Make a Perception Check, igor!

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy laugh, at Minnie missing her flirts at her.
    It was.. adorable.

"Is that so?' she ask and give a side glance.
    "And who is this pony?' she ask, and hop happily.
    "Yes! Juice! You are best Minnie!"

Spoiler: Perception
    Show

IQ?13
    (3d6)[1][1][6](8)

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #325

"Run," a mare whispers, "Save yourself. Flee before the Pink Ghost latches on to and starts tormenting you too."
    Doc raises a curious eyebrow. "I highly doubt your train is haunted, ma'am. I think it were one of the passengers using magic to mess with you all." He walks over to the pile of cards and picks them up. "We can think of it in another way--ghosts haunt important places, right? Places they died or had unfinished business. I doubt this pink ghost died and had to catch your train to get somewhere. I mean, what you saw might of looked scary, but I think it was just some magic tricks to make you think that way. That's my opinion of things."

Doc shuffles the cards and starts dealing out for everyone.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

"The screaming has stopped. I still have questions that are not answered." She smirks at him shutting his beak. "Quoth. A misunderstanding has taken place. I am traveling the Frozen North to experience what it has to offer. I can not do that by skipping back home every time there is small hitch in a train. I will actually experience traveling. Oddy and I are doing a job together at our next stop. We will not leave the train until the conductors open the doors." She points her staff forward and motions to walk. She will walk with Quoth. She asks, "Are you worried this will interfere with your job?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-11-05 at 10:46 AM.

27. - Top - End - #327

As Oddy hugs Minion, she feels faint lines under her skin: scars of some kind. They are straight and regular, but run in odd places. Surgery scars, perhaps? They are hard to notice and not visible through her pelt. Only by physically touching her can Oddy notice them.

"I have no idea," Minion admits, "But he thinks he is very important. But he can't be, because I've never heard of him before."

In a moment, Oddy has a glass of apple juice in her hooves.

==

Quoth's eyes flick between Rime and Doc in the next room. "Ma'am," he says politely, but firmly, "Someone interfering with the ponies who drive the train, the only ponies standing between us and a potential, fiery crash, is a serious matter. Now, I'm not proposing we throw your friend in a cell or anything. But if she is responsible, she needs a stern lecture and warning to think about the consequences of her actions."

=====

"The Pink Ghost is real," the mare insists, "She sneaks into your room at night and puts random items in your dresser. You know how you find caps, ammunition, and other useful stuff in random dumpsters, drawers, and trash cans out in the Wasteland? That's her. She puts them there."

"She did haunt this train for two days last year," the Engineer says, "It was...me and my wive's birthdays. They're back to back."
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-11-05 at 11:52 AM.

28. - Top - End - #328

Doc puts the cards down. "Alright, well finding random ammo and snacks seems like a blessing. Like, what has the pink ghost done that's so bad to you? Did the ghost hurt you? Sabotage the train? Help me understand this phenomenon."

He tries to be sincere and see if there is a way to get the crew to stop fearing this by making it sound positive.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy sips, with an expriession of pleasure.
    "I see. Did k'he k'hurt you? I can punish k'him.' she said with a humm.
    "They were also yelling something about k'having to party... so I think you will be allowed to dance under the little disco ball'

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

She says to Quoth, "That is serious." She asks the pony in charge, "What happened here?" She thinks to what Quoth said, "You do whatever you need to do to make sure we do not burn, explode, or crash."