New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Frozen North: All Aboard!

"She wants us to throw a party every day," the engineer says, "Which...well, that doesn't sound so bad. But that will bankrupt us. And...er...other stuff."

"And she's a ghost!" the mare breaks in, "Ghost are scary! Creepy! They're supposed to be dead!"

Quoth nods to Rime and steps into the conversation. He raises an eyebrow at the mare. "Anti-undead prejudice aside, I have reason to believe the doctor is right. Also, the train arrives in twenty minutes, so what do you need to hear to pull yourselves together before then?"

They consider that. "Which passenger?" the other stallion asks.

====

Minion sighs. "Not physically," she says, "But he said a lot of mean things. To me and others."

Her eyes go wide. "Oooooooh!" she says with a smile, "Well! I'll finish up here and start dancing! Do you have a strobe light?"

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

"I sure do!" she smile happily, thinking if to punish the rude pony.
    Not yet.
    Those ponies seemed to be both not corrupted, both on her tail. She needed to wait for an oppurnity. For now she can simply have fun!
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #333
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    They consider that. "Which passenger?" the other stallion asks.
    "Well I have reason to suspect the reindeer like to play pranks, so this might just be one of those," Doc answers in diplomatic fashion. "I last saw her outside your door, on the little junction platform between cars. Reckon she probably said the party thing just to get y'all to have some fun or something."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Rime agrees with Quoth, "There are friendly ghosts out there."

"A party every day is a fun demand for a ghost." Though saying this pains her, "Parties do not have to be expensive." She plans a party, "Anypony can dance for free. Turn the radio to some music. Some passengers will be interested in joining the crew party. Sell some beverages. A time slot could be put aside and called the party train. An absolute requirement is to genuinely have fun. The crew will like different things so variety will be needed." She looks near Doc. "Not everypony likes playing games, but games are a good party activity."

"Reindeer are not ghosts. I only saw the reindeer standing in the junction, nothing more than that. Safety is a wise choice when ghosts are involved."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-11-05 at 06:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #335

"Okay, but, they have a train to run as well. Don't let the parties get distracting." Doc doesn't comment on the ghosts, as he doesn't believe in them.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

"Ghosts? Ghosts I don't worry about. Most can't hurt you. A certain pink ghost on the other hand I very worry about." Roxy shakes her head. Surely if that particular thing was around they would have reared their head sooner? After a few moments Roxy pokes her head back around the edge of the seat munching on the last of her food.

Oddy did go into the next car before all that screaming and here she came after Quoth seemingly had some stern questions for her. Admittedly Oddy did act very similar to the pink one but Roxy couldn't be sure whether that was a reindeer thing or not, she hadn't been around reindeer much.

7. - Top - End - #337

The mare shakes her head. "No. No it won't work. The Pink Ghost demands balloons and cake." She shudders. "So much sugar. So expensive. We can't build an altar and sacrifice a cake every day!"

The engineer puts a hoof on her shoulder. "Crazy Train...calm down," he says, "It's alright. It was just a passenger."

"No!" the mare shrieks, "The dog is right! The Pink Ghost will have a party...with our souls as the favors!" She curls up into a ball and begins to hyperventilate.

=====

Minions' face splits into the widest grin. She turns to the car. "Food! Who wants food? Coffee? Come on, ponies! Get your food here!"

Taken aback by her newfound enthusiasm, those few who haven't bought their breakfast do so. No sooner than the last person is served than she shoves the cart away and leaps onto her hind legs. "Alright! Dancing time!"

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

"That the spirit, Minnie!' Oddy said cheerfully, and offered her hoof to dance together, mostly hoping around her on the air.

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #339

"No!" the mare shrieks, "The dog is right! The Pink Ghost will have a party...with our souls as the favors!" She curls up into a ball and begins to hyperventilate.
    If Doc weren't the nice stallion he is, he'd have the reindeer and sand dog spayed with some improvised tools. Some pranks just go too far. At least, Doc thinks this is a prank gone too far.

Doc gets up and sits by the mare. He uses his shield to give her a sort of 'shelter' to curl under. "Now, now, ma'am. Let's slow down our breathing. Follow my lead. Slow breaths. In. Out. In. Out.." He uses his free foreleg to conduct motions on breathing slower.

"There's no pink ghost here to hurt anyone. The dog is just being a... just being mean. Same as the reindeer. Don't let these passengers mess with your head." He motions to the cards on the table. "Just think of it this way--what do you have at parties? Games, right? Hanging out? Having fun? Y'all were here playing cards, enjoying some time together in between shifts I reckon. How is that not a good time? Why would a pink ghost haunt a group of ponies that were enjoying themselves while they work? That doesn't make sense, right?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Rime says to Roxy, "This pink ghost has quite the reputation."

"Did the ghost literally demand balloons and cakes or simply parties? You could try the cheaper, shorter, very short parties during your shifts and see if that makes the ghost unhappy or happy. A party happy crew could mean a happy ghost." Rime leans on her staff with both hoofs. What is she doing? She does not care about these ponies. She is making a fool of herself.

11. - Top - End - #341

Minion and Oddy spin around in the aisle, whirling around and around each other under the disco ball. After a moment, Two Bit leaps up to join them, cheering happily. Golden hides a smile at the sight while the stallion glowers. Firestarter looks on with longing while her mother just seems not opposed to it, but tired and not in the mood to deal with this right now.

They spin and twirl and dance until Minion loses her footing and falls over onto one of the seats. "Oof!" she says, stunned.

====

Crazy Train beings to calm down. She shivers a little, but she is paying attention to and listening to Doc's words with care. "I don't know," she says, "The ghost is crazy. I don't know what goes on in her head. But that smile...it's too big! It's like those old, creepy posters with the horrible eyes, watching you. Watching everything!" She shudders.

The engineer speaks quietly to Rime. "Last time it was here, it demanded a cake and a cannon. We had the cake, or something that passed for cake, we didn't have the cannon. It left pretty quickly, but we thought it had shown up again and demanded a party every day. I...suppose that was just the reindeer, though."

12. - Top - End - #342

Crazy Train beings to calm down. She shivers a little, but she is paying attention to and listening to Doc's words with care. "I don't know," she says, "The ghost is crazy. I don't know what goes on in her head. But that smile...it's too big! It's like those old, creepy posters with the horrible eyes, watching you. Watching everything!" She shudders.
    Doc listens to Ms Train. He understands the whole poster deal she is talking about. "Yeah, I seen some of those back home. See, my theory is that they painted the posters like that intentionally--they make the smile look creepy and large on purpose to put fear into ponies. They tell you she watches everything you do because fear is the first tactic someone uses to control others."

"And the secret to fighting those kind of folks is not to give in to your fears. If they can't control you through scares, then they can't control you at all. It's okay to be scared of something. But if you can stand up to it, then you're gonna be in a better position."

He stays to offer a little more friendly comfort if she needs it.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy faking to lose balance as well, falling to Firestarter feet's.
    And then burst into a joyful laughter.

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Rime lowers her voice. "What did it do when you did not have the cannon? The only thing I saw was the reindeer standing in junction. I did not see her do anything. If you have no doubt this was a prankster, Quoth, " she motions to the ghoul with her staff, "has a plan to deal with them."

15. - Top - End - #345

Crazy Train considers that. She raises a hoof tentatively. "Like...the aliens that infiltrated the upper levels of Junction 49? That ignore you if you pretend they don't exist?"

The engineer sighs heavily. "She's a good mechanic, I swear," he says to Quoth and Rime. The griffon nods.

"I think I've seen enough myself," he says and turns to leave. "I'll leave you two in charge here."

Crazy shudders. "She...she pulled out her own."

=====

Firestarter lets out a small 'eep!' as Oddy falls right in front of her. She giggles a little. Despite herself, Worthy gives Oddy a tight, grateful smile.

Minion sits up with a lop-sided grin. "That was just what I needed," she declares.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-11-07 at 11:31 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346

Crazy shudders. "She...she pulled out her own."
    Doc considered the question and answered, "Well I suppose it can be like the aliens, yeah. Pay it no mind and go about your day, having a little fun here and there."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Rime tells the engineer, "I was in the middle of good breakfast." She says like she was doing something important. The most important meal of the day.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy gotten up, still near Firestarter.
    "That make me truly k'happy. I live to bring smiles!"

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #349

Crazy Train gives a shuddering nod. "Alright," she says quietly, "Alright. I think I can do that." With effort, she gives Doc a weak smile. "Thanks for the pep-talk..."

The engineer takes off his hat and holds it apologetically in his hooves. "And I apologize for that, ma'am. We'll comp the cost of it. Speak with the serving mare and tell her to refund your caps. We do appreciate your business."

====

Minion takes a step and winces. "Ahhh...maybe shouldn't have fallen sideways, though," she says ruefully, "That's gonna bruise. Not everypony can fall with style like you." Her ears flick back and she adds apologetically. "Oh, uh, every...deer?"

"You're pretty," Firestarter whispers to Oddy.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

She says to the engineer. "I shall consider accepting your gracious offer." A free tasty meal would not be a bad get. She looks over to Crazy Train, but asks the Engineer, "Is everything alright? Has this whole business concluded?"

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy smiled. "Life is too short to be worried about such little details. And eh, ponies is the biggest race, so "everypony" is fair.' Oddy say to Minion. "But I understand you gotten k'hurt in the past.." she said with sympathy.
    She petted Firestarter's forehead. "Thank you, deer. You rather cute yourself. I k'have feeling yourI bet your coltfriend is amazing
    '

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #352

Doc pats Ms Train on the back gently with a smile. "Helping others is what us real doctors do. I should let you get back to your shift. We should be arriving soon if I remember the announcement earlier."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #353

"I believe we're wrapping up here," the engineer confirms with Rime. He stomps his hoof. "Alright, ponies. Enough standing around. We've got a train to bring into the station. Fifteen minutes out. You know what to do."

As if on cue, the others begin cleaning themselves up and moving towards their stations. Cards are swept up, plates cleared, and food stowed away for later. But before she goes, Crazy Train smiles weakly at Doc. "The Wasteland needs more ponies like you," she says and then runs off to one of the lower compartments of the engine.

The engineer pauses to address Rime and Doc. "I will have to ask you to leave now," he says, almost apologetically, "Passengers in the engine isn't normally allowed, you see."

====

Minion takes a few more steps, working the pain out of her system. "Better now!" she declares brightly. After a moment of hesitation, she gives Oddy another hug. "You're much nicer than the other deer," she declares, "I like you better."

Firestarter's face turns bright, bright red. "I...I don't have a coltfriend," she says defensively, "It's...it's just not...I mean, I never had the chance to. Yet." She glances nervously at her mother, who is fighting to hide a smirk.

"In time," she says, "Trust in the providence of the Divine Sisters. All things come to those who wait."

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy giggleat Firestarter. "I can give you some tips.' she wink

At Minion, her pupils shrink for a moment, with fear.
    "What... other dear?"

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy is safe another day. Rime leaves the engine room and waits in the junction. When she thinks no npcs can overhear her she tells Roxy, "Golden and I are going shopping once we arrive at the city. You are welcome to join."

26. - Top - End - #356

But before she goes, Crazy Train smiles weakly at Doc. "The Wasteland needs more ponies like you," she says and then runs off to one of the lower compartments of the engine.
    Doc is happy to have helped someone. He gets up and leaves as instructed by the engineer. Doc returns to the passenger compartment and double checks he as all his gear packed and ready to go.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Rime can still talk with Roxy in the junction! I just want to get in a bit of npc chat too! (before the train stuff ends)

Rime will finish her conversation with Roxy then move into the passenger car. She gives Golden an understanding nod and looks for Quoth.

Before she talks to them, unless they talk to her first, she walks over to Minion. She smiles at her and hushes her voice, "The head pony in the other car was considering giving me a complimentary meal for all the trouble this morning. Thoughts?"

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Roxy's head bobs along to the dancing duo's imagined beat. See? All things came out just fine didn't it? Even Mr. Walrus was keeping quiet despite the rambunctiousness. Roxy slugs back the last of her coffee as the rest of the group reenters the passenger car.

"So. No pink one right?"

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    Roxy's head bobs along to the dancing duo's imagined beat. See? All things came out just fine didn't it? Even Mr. Walrus was keeping quiet despite the rambunctiousness. Roxy slugs back the last of her coffee as the rest of the group reenters the passenger car.

"So. No pink one right?"
    "I did not see a pink ghost. The others said they saw her many moons ago, but they did not believe that she visited them today expect for one easily excitable train member. The ghost will not hurt you. Do you have a history with this pink ghost. Is it common in your past line of work to encounter ghosts?"

30. - Top - End - #360

"NO THANK YOU! THAT'S FINE!" Firestarter says very loudly. She claps both hooves over her mouth and buries her head in embarrassment. "Yikes forever..."

Minion gestures vaguely. "Oh you know. A few weeks back, a buck with REALLLLLLLY big horns stayed at some of the rooms in the Resort. I was working as a maid then and he got really mad if his sheets weren't turned down juuuust right. He brought out a measuring tape and checked it right down to the millimeter."

"Oh! And there was another one that looked like you with him. She was nice, though. Left a good tip."

When Rime approaches and asks, she shrugs. "It's not coming out of my paycheck. If that's what the boss wants, that's what he gets."

The conductor stands up and announces. "Everypony! Please begin gathering your things and preparing to leave. We will be arriving in Neighagara Falls shortly."