New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Arkum Game Thread

Spike heads out on the wood harvest. A short while later spike returns but with only 16 units of wood.

" your majesty it seems harvesting wood using the axe uses move. I had no hat to contact you with....

However 16 more wood at no risk, but I am now out of move.

Retcon: battle wagons can transport heavies. Each heavy takes up 6 slots in the wagon.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-03-04 at 04:34 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

So Wagon can bring the Twoll back :D

Unhitch tired Hobbies, and hitch 2 of the enough Move Hobbies to Wagon,
    Then Wagon and 1 Hobby and Harley, Spike, Shadow and 1 Elf go meet Twoll :)

3. - Top - End - #63

As your group enters the hex the twoll stands up grabbing his club. He gives you a little wave. But seems wary.

4. - Top - End - #64

"Hello hello!" Harley waves with a big smile "We're the side with the little bird you just saw!" :D

5. - Top - End - #65

He gives a little nodd

" wht you wantz little ones? Looking for fight or ya wantz a little of mez craft?"

6. - Top - End - #66

GnomeWizardGuy

(Expand that to)

"Hello hello!" Harley waves with a big smile "We're the side with the little bird you just saw! I’m Harley, this is Spike, Shadow and Ellie (the random elf)” Harley introduces. ”Whats your name?” she questions.

”Oh no we don’t want any trouble!” Harley declares holding her hands up in a non threatening way. ”I’m not sure if you know but your quite close to my city Arkum and we spotted that you were close so I thought we’d come out and say hiya!” Harley declares enthusiastically. ”Were always looking for interesting units... did you say you can craft?” Harley questions.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-03-04 at 05:25 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

..................+1

8. - Top - End - #68

He smiles a big silly grin at you

" i'm Crud. I make thing or make things better!"

Holding up his club you see that the club has several rings of iron wrapped around the head

9. - Top - End - #69

GnomeWizardGuy

”Pleased to meet you Crud!” Harley declares with a wide smile as she lightly bounces on the bells of her feet. ”That’s very impressive, where ever did you get the metal from?” Harley then questions.

”Where do you live Crud? As I said earlier were always looking for units with useful skills... I’d like to offer you a home. Come live with us and be part of our family, I’ll make sure your upkeep is paid or you have delicious rations to eat and you can make wonderful things for us...” Harley then declares. ”What do you say? Would you like to join our side?” Harley then asks.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-03-05 at 02:24 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70

+1 with pauses to let him reply between each question

11. - Top - End - #71

Crud stares at you seeming to get a little lost as you speak. He starts to drool a little before catching on the last thing you say. He nodds and jumps a little. As you feel a new unit join the side

Crud
    Level 2 twoll (9/16)
    5 (6)/ 5/ 13/8
    Upkeep 110
    Specials: heavy, Fabrication
    Gear: mastercraft club, bag of junk

12. - Top - End - #72

Does he have move?

If not, load onto Wagon and All home

13. - Top - End - #73

He has no move but crud will hop in the back of the wagon. The five of you return to the capital with no problems.

As crud enters the capital Harley is struck with a choice. She can change the heavy her capital can pop from mineotaurs to twolls. Once this choice is made it will be permanent.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-03-05 at 08:06 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

On the road before arriving to the Capital Harley turns to Crud "You're level 2! Big man!" she belts out grinning "What stats did you gain when you leveled?"

15. - Top - End - #75

+1 defense and hit

16. - Top - End - #76

GnomeWizardGuy

Question: if we were to get a second city could we set one to pop twolls and one to pop minertaurs?

Edit: also does this choice have to be made immediately?
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-03-05 at 09:31 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

You are unsure on if a 2nd city built from the ground up would have the same unit, but you belive that it would be the same. You may delay the choice but must pick before start of next turn.

18. - Top - End - #78

GnomeWizardGuy

”Crud what kind of things can you build with your fabrication special?” Harley questions. ”Do you think you could build a wagon like we brought you back on? What about traps?” Harley asks.

19. - Top - End - #79

I'm voting Twoll

Harley lacks fabrication

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by _Wiz_ View Post
    ”Crud what kind of things can you build with your fabrication special?” Harley questions. ”Do you think you could build a wagon like we brought you back on? What about traps?” Harley asks.
    Crud take a look at the wagon. Walking around it several times. Even lifting it up to look under and spining the wheels before. Walking back to Harley.

" Could meke one. Take a feew turns. Can maka better weapons and aror. Many many thing! Need better tools only.

Giving his bag a little nudge.

21. - Top - End - #81

GnomeWizardGuy

(I think we’re agreed on Twoll)

”Better tools huh... I’ll see about getting you some!” Harley declares with a smile. ”Whats in the bag Crud?” she then asks.

”Are you able to build anything this turn Crud or do you need to rest?” Harley then questions.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-03-05 at 01:23 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Fab taks mov and Im out of mov for the turn.

Inside of the bag is rough tools, coils of rope, and general junk. ( nothing of real use for the side)

23. - Top - End - #83

GnomeWizardGuy

Now back in the capital Harley sits down and writes a note to Master Herring (unless Ofcourse he is currently in Arkum in which case she just speaks to him)

Dear Master Herring,

We believe we’re going to have a capital fight next turn. We’re looking for a Shockamancer to charge Arkum’s tower with 300 juice worth of spells in preparation. Do you have a contact that could do such? Also do you have any other contacts that you could recommend with spells that could help us prepare for a capital fight?

Thanks

Harley

24. - Top - End - #84

Adept! Adept!

PS: If you could find us an Adept Shockamancer, I believe it would make a world of difference

25. - Top - End - #85

Master Herring is not in the capital when you arrive

[QUOTE=_Wiz_;24387213]

Dear Master Herring,

We believe we’re going to have a capital fight next turn. We’re looking for a Shockamancer to charge Arkum’s tower with 300 juice worth of spells in preparation. Do you have a contact that could do such? Also do you have any other contacts that you could recommend with spells that could help us prepare for a capital fight?

Thanks

Harley

PS: If you could find us an Adept Shockamancer, I believe it would make a world of difference/QUOTE]

" a capital fight you say. Well I have a few options.

First is a caster team that call themselves the rangers. They tend only to take contracts that hire them all. Its a team of six. All of them wearing custom shockamancy armor. I know thier team has a shockamancer, however they are very expensive. At least 6k for the team. However they enjoy a reputation of never losing a fight.

2nd Is a shockamancer hes an adept, but has a bad reputation. I dont work with him normally, because he has abandoned contracts in the past and has broken pinky swears. Will probably over charge you for tower charging. 1500 shumckers at least But hes the best option for higher tier shockamancy im likely to find on short notice. Also a known info broker.

3rd option: is one of my contract and someone I have hired as a body guard in the past. I trust her. She should be able to fully charge your tower. But she is only a novice in shockamancy last time I checked. I checked and she will do the job for 1000 shmuckers.

As for other caster as I said I have a number of caster. On contract, but depends on if your looking for support during the battle or pre battle.

26. - Top - End - #86

That's no good

Lets read back and see what was the price Dee took for battle pay

EDIT:
    > Give me first dibs on any magic items on top of the 250 hazard pay and you have a deal.
    500s + first dibs

So of our 1977 treasury we only have 1477 to spend

EDIT2: Suggestion, let wiz or Someguy agree with it first
    Herring my friend, sorry for asking to talk to casters without having a definite yes for them :(, this looming Capital fight has me forgetting what you taught me about being tactful with MK people.

We only currently have 1977s in the treasury. And we'd like to hide Dee for the battle, she was invaluable last time, and this time she should be even more useful (against easy to uncroak humanoids). But last time she asked for 500s plus loot, so I'm thinking we may only have 1477s leeway.

Do you have an NDA scroll on hand you'd trade for one of my shockamancy scrolls?
    If yes, your second option may be the most appealing. We'd only ask him to charge the tower (so no contract or pinky swear to break), and we require an NDA signed of all that come, so that could somewhat safeguard the information brokering part.

I, as a Shockamancer can discharge 2 tower spells at once per round. Can you visualize how more effective discharging 2 high tier Shockamancy spells a round would be, vs 2 of the basic spells?

If you could haggle him down to 1400s or 1450s by throwing in Farm rations that would make *that* world of a difference

Thank you,
    H ⚡
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-06 at 07:17 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87

GnomeWizardGuy

’These prices are higher than I expected. Can you please confirm if these prices are for purely charging the tower prior to the battle (when there will be no risk to the caster) or if they are for the Shockamancer to actually be present during the battle?’ Harley scribbles back before shoving the note back through the hat.

28. - Top - End - #88

...............+1

Innate knowledge! W76. Can two casters discharge spells from the tower at the same time, or can only 1 caster control the tower per round?
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-06 at 07:29 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Herring

" yes those are the prices, keep in mind its not just the no risk. Its also all thier juice for the turn. Caster try to earn enough shmuckers or rands. So they dont have to live turn to turn all always at risk of depoping. Also our upkeep isnt our only expense, there is also housing, clothing, healing, ect"

The deal with anna, dee, and myself. Is because we know we have a steady source of upkeep. So we can worry a little less."

Only one caster can draw power from it a turn. However several caster can get the casting bonus of the tower level.

30. - Top - End - #90

Herring my friend, sorry for asking to talk to casters without having a definite yes for them :(, this looming Capital fight has me forgetting what you taught me about being tactful with MK people.

We only currently have 1977s in the treasury. And we'd like to hire Dee for the battle, she was invaluable last time, and this time she should be even more useful (against easy to uncroak humanoids). But last time she asked for 500s plus loot, so I'm thinking we may only have 1477s leeway.

Do you have an NDA scroll on hand you'd trade for one of my shockamancy scrolls?
    If yes, your second option may be the most appealing. We'd only ask him to charge the tower (so no contract or pinky swear to break), and we require an NDA signed of all that come, so that could somewhat safeguard the information brokering part.

I, as a Shockamancer can discharge 2 tower spells at once per round. Can you visualize how more effective discharging 2 high tier Shockamancy spells a round would be, vs 2 of the basic spells?

If you could haggle him down to 1400s or 1450s by throwing in Farm rations that would make *that* world of a difference

With that said, if your novice contact knows a spell more damaging than Fire Blast or Energy Shot then she's hired!

Thank you,
    H ⚡