New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20456061626364656667686970
Results 2,071 to 2,095 of 2095
  1. - Top - End - #2071
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Arkum Game Thread

Keno
    "Thank you for your patience caster Keno, we will then take the first option, a smaller bonus for no backlash. Let me confer with my Chiefs to figure out who shall be the tamer this turn." Harley requests

Dshot
    "Krippen initially asked for 250 shmuckers, or part of the loot loot and popped units, as well as replacing lost units. In alternative to 250 shmuckers, or part of the loot loot and popped units, I can also provide 2 Rands, which pays for the promotion of a lvl1 infantry to Knight." Harley proposes with a nod and a smile with raised brows as in 'Looking good yeah?'

Cyper, confirmation please:
    Spike's out of hex bonus (1/3 rounded up) is now +2, correct? (the same as in-hex 1/2 rounded up)

Herring
    "Herring, could you get us the box? We need it to move out next" Harley asks politely

Krippen
    "Dearest Krippen, want to try subdue some Boars, tame some Deer, and croak some Woofs, while taking Bob along?" Harley asks, slightly saddened by her thoughtlessness last turn, but hoping to rebuild the relation through time and hires

"You'll have your pick from the Magical Armoury and a Heavy Mount for the Woofs" Harley mentions

Starting run:

Subdue some boars
    Krippen
    Champion Razor
    Krippen's Champion Jab
    Foreman Bob
    Knight Sniper C19A (Robin)
    Krippen's Sniper Bolt
    Krippen's Sniper Shaft
    Krippen's Sniper Storm
    get whole Magical Armoury into box, in particular get a hat and borrow all critical helms and defensive gear,
    "Dee, would you borrow your Cloak to Krippen for this outing?"
    and board Wagon C14
    <gear assigned>

Pudgie C22A
    Heavy Doe Deer A
    board Wagon C17

Hobby Horse T15B -5.5 Move to 06.04
    Hobby Horse T16A -5.5 Move to 06.04
    Uncroaked Hobby Horse B -5.5 Move to 06.04
    Uncroaked Hobby Horse E -5.5 Move to 06.04
    pull wagons to 06.04

Krippen (f) -1 Move to 07.04
    Champion Razor (f) -1 Move to 07.04
    Krippen's Champion Jab (f) -1 Move to 07.04
    Foreman Bob (m) -1 Move to 07.04
    Knight Sniper C19A Robin (b) -1 Move to 07.04
    Krippen's Sniper Bolt (b) -1 Move to 07.04
    Krippen's Sniper Shaft (b) -1 Move to 07.04
    Krippen's Sniper Storm (b) -1 Move to 07.04
    and Subdue at least 1 Boar, suggestion to Krippen:
    Round 1, 7 arrows on 2 Boars, 1 arrow on Krippen's boar, Champion's and Bob total defense, Krippen subdual slap on Boar
    Round 2, If lucky/unlucky and a boar survives the arrows, don't shoot it, and Krippen subdual slap it

Bring back boars
    Take prisoner the unconscious Boars,
    put croaked bodies into Box
    Krippen -1 Move to 06.04
    Champion Razor -1 Move to 06.04
    Krippen's Champion Jab -1 Move to 06.04
    Foreman Bob -1 Move to 06.04
    Knight Sniper C19A Robin -1 Move to 06.04
    Krippen's Sniper Bolt -1 Move to 06.04
    Krippen's Sniper Shaft -1 Move to 06.04
    Krippen's Sniper Storm -1 Move to 06.04
    carrying prisoners in pairs such as not to be encumbered, and put onto Wagon C17

Hobby Horse T15B -2 Move to 06.04
    Hobby Horse T16A -2 Move to 06.04
    Uncroaked Hobby Horse B -2 Move to 06.04
    Uncroaked Hobby Horse E -2 Move to 06.04
    pull wagons to 04.05

Stack forages 4 Light Forest hexes

Pudgie scouts

Pudgie C22A -9 Move to 00.12

Tame some Deer

Heavy Doe Deer A hitched to Wagon C14
    Heavy Doe Deer A -6 Move to -01.08

Stack forages 4 Heavy Forest hexes

Krippen and Bob to carefully approach Deer, Bob to try and tame with Wild Rations, always leaving 2 Wild Rations per Deer for Krippen to do it if Bob is failing

Re-plan after that
    Last edited by WurmD; 2023-09-11 at 09:52 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2072
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll be honest, my head spins a little at all those move orders, but I can +1 the dialogue.

EDIT:

Looked at move orders a little, didn't go through and verify all of them but they seem fine. +1?
    Last edited by meowcats734; 2023-09-10 at 10:28 AM.

3. - Top - End - #2073
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just doing finishing up your many many ongoing conversations.

Keno
    "Thank you for your patience caster Keno, we will then take the first option, a smaller bonus for no backlash. Let me confer with my Chiefs to figure out who shall be the tamer this turn." Harley requests

Of course your majesty let me know who will be in lucks favor

Dshot
    "Krippen initially asked for 250 shmuckers, or part of the loot loot and popped units, as well as replacing lost units. In alternative to 250 shmuckers, or part of the loot loot and popped units, I can also provide 2 Rands, which pays for the promotion of a lvl1 infantry to Knight." Harley proposes with a nod and a smile with raised brows as in 'Looking good yeah?'

[B] I'm not to sure on how much two rands with worth, but upgrading my archers sounds worthwhile to me. How about this 250 shmuckers and a travel ration per hire or two rands and a percentage of the loot lets say percentage equal to the the number of full allied stacks in the hex. ( so four stacks including d shots 25% of the loot?)

Cyper, confirmation please:
    Spike's out of hex bonus (1/3 rounded up) is now +2, correct? (the same as in-hex 1/2 rounded up)

That doesn't seem right to me. Let me think on it. I feel like it should be less than if spikes in the hex.

So +2 in hex +1 out of hex. But at level 5 it will be +3 and +2. We will go with that for now.

Herring
    "Herring, could you get us the box? We need it to move out next" Harley asks politely

-25 rands

+1 storage box

Krippen
    "Dearest Krippen, want to try subdue some Boars, tame some Deer, and croak some Woofs, while taking Bob along?" Harley asks, slightly saddened by her thoughtlessness last turn, but hoping to rebuild the relation through time and hires

"You'll have your pick from the Magical Armoury and a Heavy Mount for the Woofs" Harley mentions

" I'm up for a hire how loot and maybe a mount for my stack? Also why am I bringing Bob. He has no place in combat?"
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2023-09-09 at 08:41 PM.

4. - Top - End - #2074

"That is fine" she answers to his price "Leveling Bob is a the current side priority, it would be your mission to keep him safe and allow him to try and tame the Deer" she then clarifies
    Last edited by WurmD; 2023-09-09 at 09:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #2075

GnomeWizardGuy

(Was it not agreed that Spike would now be the one attempting to make the Dwagon taming attempt once he has been suitably buffed up?)

-1 to borrowing Dee’s cloak. One of the conditions of recruiting her was that her personal equipment remains her own. Besides she’s currently taking a well earned break in the magic kingdom.

Krippen has a full stack for a reason, he likes to fight with his full stack.

You mention Woofs in the conversation with Krippen but I don’t see that in your plan.

Let’s try not to shuffle round too much equipment so Cyper doesn’t have to constantly update stat blocks. Critical helms should be fine as they don’t change a unit’s stats. Also not stated but Krippen should bring some herbs along with him.

To Dshot

”Hmmm that price sounds like something we could work with” Harley agrees with a nod. ”We will try to find you a suitable target this turn so we can test out how well we work together” Harley adds.

”Now back to to your bow. Is it only crossbows you use or would you be willing to use a regular bow?” Harley then asks as she has the regular +1 bow that Anna had just made brought out. ”We could call it a loan for now…” she suggests as she holds out the bow. ”Also would you be willing to trial something that I have been considering implementing for the entire side for a while now?” she asks as she has the four shields and short spears brought out. ”Given your tactics in battle I believe these would work perfectly for your stack!” Harley declares enthusiastically.

To Krippen

”Hmmm a mount is more expensive but since you gave us a couple of free turns it only seems fair we return the favour. Sure it’s a deal. “ Harley replies with a grin. ”Now the mount can’t be a Pondsea for obvious reasons. Other than that you are free to pick what suits you best?” Harley then offers.

”We had hoped to level Bob up through relatively safe combat so that he can make more use of his Foreman special however I can understand if you don’t wish to compromise your stack” Harley explains
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2023-09-12 at 03:47 AM.

6. - Top - End - #2076

+1 to Dshot and Krippen

In a later moment, in private with Dee

"Dee, upon joining the side we agreed that your equipment is your own. Now that you're part of the side, do you feel Duty to borrow your cloak to other commanders in turns you're not to see field action?"

"This is a genuine curiosity on my part, I wouldn't Order you to, and if the commander was Krippen, I don't think he would even accept it unless *you* had the initiative to offer"
    Last edited by WurmD; 2023-09-12 at 03:55 AM.

7. - Top - End - #2077

To Dshot

”Hmmm that price sounds like something we could work with” Harley agrees with a nod. ”We will try to find you a suitable target this turn so we can test out how well we work together” Harley adds.

”Now back to to your bow. Is it only crossbows you use or would you be willing to use a regular bow?” Harley then asks as she has the regular +1 bow that Anna had just made brought out. ”We could call it a loan for now…” she suggests as she holds out the bow. ”Also would you be willing to trial something that I have been considering implementing for the entire side for a while now?” she asks as she has the four shields and short spears brought out. ”Given your tactics in battle I believe these would work perfectly for your stack!” Harley declares enthusiastically.

Dshot will pick up the bow give in a few test pull, before drawing an arrow and looking around not seeing a target he slowly releases the shot. Seeing shields and short spears. He will nod.

While I prefer my cross bow, The boost to my combat and damage more than make up for it. More than make up for it and those shield are exactly what my piker need! Glad we can come to an agreement. So what we hitting this turn.

To Krippen

”Hmmm a mount is more expensive but since you gave us a couple of free turns it only seems fair we return the favour. Sure it’s a deal. “ Harley replies with a grin. ”Now the mount can’t be a Pondsea for obvious reasons. Other than that you are free to pick what suits you best?” Harley then offers.

”We had hoped to level Bob up through relatively safe combat so that he can make more use of his Foreman special however I can understand if you don’t wish to compromise your stack” Harley explains

I was thinking of taking one of the doe deer that I tame this turn, just turn it to me and having bob try and tame the other one. Looking at what you are sending me with, do you want Bob on the front line?

8. - Top - End - #2078

Dshot
    "How about these small bears" she proposes pointing at the map "with herbs for healing, and then perhaps join up with another stack to also hit the birds?"

Krippen
    "To make it relatively safe, I'd think he'd have to be in the middle, no?" she tentatively hedges

Krippen (f)
    Champion Razor (f)
    Krippen's Champion Jab (f)
    Foreman Bob (m)
    Knight Sniper C19A Robin (b)
    Krippen's Sniper Bolt (b)
    Krippen's Sniper Shaft (b)
    Krippen's Sniper Storm (b)

In a later moment, in private with Dee

"Dee, upon joining the side we agreed that your equipment is your own. Now that you're part of the side, do you feel Duty to borrow your cloak to other commanders in turns you're not to see field action?"

"This is a genuine curiosity on my part, I wouldn't Order you to, and if the commander was Krippen, I don't think he would even accept it unless *you* had the initiative to offer"

As Anna leaves, Meta arrives

"Greetings" Harley says with a nod "Just self Juice this turn, have fun" she prods with a smile gesturing outside to where the Mega Wagon in construction stands
    Last edited by WurmD; 2023-09-12 at 12:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #2079

Titanic retcon: Sniper knights will now be known as rain-bow knights.

10. - Top - End - #2080

Starting run:

Subdue some boars
    Krippen
    Champion Razor
    Krippen's Champion Jab
    Foreman Bob
    Rain-bow knight C19A (Robin)
    Krippen's Rain-bow knight Bolt
    Krippen's Rain-bow knight Shaft
    Krippen's Rain-bow knight Storm
    get whole Magical Armoury into box, in particular get a hat and borrow all critical helms and defensive gear,
    "Dee, would you borrow your Cloak to Krippen for this outing?"
    and board Wagon C14
    <gear assigned>

Pudgie C22A
    Heavy Doe Deer A
    board Wagon C17

Hobby Horse T15B -5.5 Move to 06.04
    Hobby Horse T16A -5.5 Move to 06.04
    Uncroaked Hobby Horse B -5.5 Move to 06.04
    Uncroaked Hobby Horse E -5.5 Move to 06.04
    pull wagons to 06.04

Krippen (f) -1 Move to 07.04
    Champion Razor (f) -1 Move to 07.04
    Krippen's Champion Jab (f) -1 Move to 07.04
    Foreman Bob (m) -1 Move to 07.04
    Knight Sniper C19A Robin (b) -1 Move to 07.04
    Krippen's Sniper Bolt (b) -1 Move to 07.04
    Krippen's Sniper Shaft (b) -1 Move to 07.04
    Krippen's Sniper Storm (b) -1 Move to 07.04
    and Subdue at least 1 Boar, suggestion to Krippen:
    Round 1, 7 arrows on 2 Boars, 1 arrow on Krippen's boar, Champion's and Bob total defense, Krippen subdual slap on Boar
    Round 2, If lucky/unlucky and a boar survives the arrows, don't shoot it, and Krippen subdual slap it

Bring back boars
    Take prisoner the unconscious Boars,
    put croaked bodies into Box
    Krippen -1 Move to 06.04
    Champion Razor -1 Move to 06.04
    Krippen's Champion Jab -1 Move to 06.04
    Foreman Bob -1 Move to 06.04
    Knight Sniper C19A Robin -1 Move to 06.04
    Krippen's Sniper Bolt -1 Move to 06.04
    Krippen's Sniper Shaft -1 Move to 06.04
    Krippen's Sniper Storm -1 Move to 06.04
    carrying prisoners in pairs such as not to be encumbered, and put onto Wagon C17

Hobby Horse T15B -2 Move to 06.04
    Hobby Horse T16A -2 Move to 06.04
    Uncroaked Hobby Horse B -2 Move to 06.04
    Uncroaked Hobby Horse E -2 Move to 06.04
    pull wagons to 04.05

Stack forages 4 Light Forest hexes

Pudgie scouts

Pudgie C22A -9 Move to 00.12

Tame some Deer

Heavy Doe Deer A hitched to Wagon C14
    Heavy Doe Deer A -6 Move to -01.08

Stack forages 4 Heavy Forest hexes

Krippen and Bob to carefully approach Deer, Bob to try and tame with Wild Rations, always leaving 2 Wild Rations per Deer for Krippen to do it if Bob is failing

Re-plan after that

I follow most of this at the end of these long and complex move order can a total of the move used for each unit be placed at the bottom. That way i dont have to try and adjust it several times

Spoiler: move totals
    Show

example

Piker R: 4 move used
    Archer D 3 move used
    ect

Krippen head out with the troops under his command. As you feel your troops approach the Winstrum army. Instead of going through the 05.02 you feel your troops go south into 04.03 and onto 05.03 before continuing the route. Harley feels her troops enter 07.04. After a brief battle. Harley feels a single prisoner taken for her side. With an upkeep of 35. None of Harley troops are injured in the fight.

Pudgie C22A takes off spotting no enemies along the wagons route. It then heads into the swamp spotting no new enemies along its route. In hex 00.11 it sees no sign of the scout and no enemies. Finding nothing but swamps as far as it can see. Krippens stack continues on with the Heavy deer moving through the forest.

It isnt long before Harley feels a new doe Deer join her side.

(Doe deer added to the side doc. Has 7 move remaining.)

Notes:

Wagon C17 is still in the field. With two hobbies and two uncroaked hobbies guarding your prisoner.
    Because Krippen is in command. Your not getting details on the fight or how many rations you have found/used.]
    Harley did see her plan for the boars go off almost to the letter. One boar was croaked in round one with the following croaked in round two. Krippen kicking the boar down. She also saw Krippen find two wild rations before the Pudgie headed off on its scout run.

move updated
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2023-09-12 at 10:00 PM.

11. - Top - End - #2081

Harley jots down and sends to Krippen
    'Success? Both Deer are tamed? Also, standby for Pudgie scouting and showing you what it sees'

Foraging run and return Deer and Wagons to Capital
    Harley seeks Shadow out"Shadow, Krippen and Bob tamed the 2 Deer, would you send 2 Shadies to collect them, and do some foraging in the way?" Harley asks politely gesturing at the route in the map

Heavy Woof A collects Shady Elf C11A and Shady Elf C11B by Wagon T2 and takes them 03.02 and returns to Farm (-8.5 Move)
    Wagon T2 (Moved to Farm)

Shady Elf C11A and Shady Elf C11B go separately to meet up with Krippen in -01.08 and forage 9 Light Forest hexes and 1 Heavy Forest hex along the way
    Shady Elf C11A and Shady Elf C11B mount Doe Deer T22A and Doe Deer T22B and go to Wagon C14 foraging 5 Heavy Forest hexes along the way

Wagon C14 (moved to Capital)
    with
    Shady Elf C11A (moved to Capital)
    Shady Elf C11B (moved to Capital)
    Boar prisoner (moved to Capital)
    Doe Deer T22A (moved to Capital)
    Doe Deer T22B (moved to Capital)
    pulled by
    Hobby Horse T15B (-5.5 Move to Capital)
    Hobby Horse T16A (-5.5 Move to Capital)
    foraging the last unforaged Light Forest hex on the way

Uncroaked Hobby Horse B (-5.5 Move to Capital)
    Uncroaked Hobby Horse E (-5.5 Move to Capital)
    collect
    Wagon T2 (moved to Capital)
    and return to Capital

Spoiler: Final status
    Show

Heavy Woof A (3.5 Move, in Farm)
    Wagon T2 (in Capital)
    Shady Elf C11A (0 Move, in Capital)
    Shady Elf C11B (0 Move, in Capital)
    Doe Deer T22A (0 Move, in Capital)
    Doe Deer T22B (0 Move, in Capital)
    Wagon C14 (in Capital)
    Boar prisoner (in Capital)
    Hobby Horse T15B (3 Move, in Capital)
    Hobby Horse T16A (3 Move, in Capital)
    Uncroaked Hobby Horse B (3 Move, in Capital)
    Uncroaked Hobby Horse E (3 Move, in Capital)
    Wagon T2 (in Capital)

10 Light Forest hexes foraged
    6 Heavy Forest hexes foraged

Pudgies scouts some more transmitting to Krippen, pauses if finds structure
    Last edited by WurmD; 2023-09-13 at 07:02 AM.

12. - Top - End - #2082

GnomeWizardGuy

+1 let’s find that swampy city!

13. - Top - End - #2083

[QUOTE=WurmD;25867719]Harley jots down and sends to Krippen

Foraging run and return Deer and Wagons to Capital
    Harley seeks Shadow out"Shadow, Krippen and Bob tamed the 2 Deer, would you send 2 Shadies to collect them, and do some foraging in the way?" Harley asks politely gesturing at the route in the map

Heavy Woof A collects Shady Elf C11A and Shady Elf C11B by Wagon T2 and takes them 03.02 and returns to Farm (-8.5 Move)
    Wagon T2 (Moved to Farm)

Shady Elf C11A and Shady Elf C11B go separately to meet up with Krippen in -01.08 and forage 9 Light Forest hexes and 1 Heavy Forest hex along the way
    Shady Elf C11A and Shady Elf C11B mount Doe Deer T22A and Doe Deer T22B and go to Wagon C14 foraging 5 Heavy Forest hexes along the way

Wagon C14 (moved to Capital)
    with
    Shady Elf C11A (moved to Capital)
    Shady Elf C11B (moved to Capital)
    Boar prisoner (moved to Capital)
    Doe Deer T22A (moved to Capital)
    Doe Deer T22B (moved to Capital)
    pulled by
    Hobby Horse T15B (-5.5 Move to Capital)
    Hobby Horse T16A (-5.5 Move to Capital)
    foraging the last unforaged Light Forest hex on the way

Uncroaked Hobby Horse B (-5.5 Move to Capital)
    Uncroaked Hobby Horse E (-5.5 Move to Capital)
    collect
    Wagon T2 (moved to Capital)
    and return to Capital

Spoiler: Final status
    Show

Heavy Woof A (3.5 Move, in Farm)
    Wagon T2 (in Capital)
    Shady Elf C11A (0 Move, in Capital)
    Shady Elf C11B (0 Move, in Capital)
    Doe Deer T22A (0 Move, in Capital)
    Doe Deer T22B (0 Move, in Capital)
    Wagon C14 (in Capital)
    Boar prisoner (in Capital)
    Hobby Horse T15B (3 Move, in Capital)
    Hobby Horse T16A (3 Move, in Capital)
    Uncroaked Hobby Horse B (3 Move, in Capital)
    Uncroaked Hobby Horse E (3 Move, in Capital)
    Wagon T2 (in Capital)

10 Light Forest hexes foraged
    6 Heavy Forest hexes foraged

Pudgies scouts some more transmitting to Krippen, pauses if finds structure

Shadow

Moving through the forest stealthy is one thing, Foraging is another. My girls cant hide while they harvest, but they will do their best.

After a while Harleys hat buzzes with a message from Krippen.

The Two shadies elves have arrived. One Shady elf reported seeing a small cat feral in 01.06. They are taking the rations I found along with the rations they found. Harley feels her new doe deer moving through the wood, but doesn't have the same sense from the her natural allies or Barbarian hires. She feels the deer briefly enter combat, but only for a short time with no injuries to Harley's deer.

The wagons arrive a short while later. With all units. Shadies C11B is down 5 hits.

+11 wild rations

Pudgie C22A moves deeper into the swamp after three more hexes it finally spots a city.

Note from Krippen
    City level 0 (-03.14) 8 Lizard folk "Natural allies"

14. - Top - End - #2084

Titanic retcon!!

A unit must have the mount special to pull a wagon and not have riders loss move.

Caster senses/ abilities

The Idea behind these are Jack when he was a prisoner. He still had tricks he could use without juice. and Wanda with the scout she croaked and her brother. I like the croakamancy sense. Not sold on the shockamancy senses. If anyone has a better idea i'm open to it.

These are abilities that take no juice. Unless otherwise listed.

Spoiler: senses
    Show
    Croakamancy- the caster can sense bodies in the same hex. In addition the caster can tell the relative strength of the body (level) and sometimes the specials a body could have. The strength of this sense increases at adept.

Shockamancy- the caster is in touch with the destructive energy of erf. The caster can sense this energy in object's and units near by. The distance and accuracy of this sense increases at adept.

Outstanding actions for the turn.

Krippen finish his run " and paying him"

D shots run

Meta finishing the mega wagon

Master Carrion uncroaking hobbies

Keno and the dwagon taming

Ash going after the heavy pokedamon?

Beans for taming

Finishing road

Claiming swamp city

I'm sure there are other things.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2023-09-23 at 06:34 PM.

15. - Top - End - #2085

Harley focuses on her ruler senses, is any of the Pokedaemons a valid target for Heavy promotion by spending schmukers?

Harley and Spike seek Shadow and her shadies to get the report on the run. They finds them relaxing at the NA Grounds.

As Harley and Spike join them Harley asks "What did you encounter on the way back? In future foraging runs could such danger be mitigated in some way?" Harley asks thinking of doing two rounds of each hex, a first round mounted, searching for forage but having the mount interact with the foliage, to then on the second pass actually dismount on the spots edible forage was spotted to collect it

"Would you prefer to be the forager on future similar runs?" Harley finally asks thinking Shadow is stronger and thus better able to handle surprises, plus would get all the XP

Afterwards Harley and Spike seek Ash out and upon finding him next door lounging in a heated water pond motion for him to join them for a private audience

In private Harley begins "Ash, will you help me understand what we can and cannot do to help you in the sacred Pokedaemon challenges?" she then gestures to his armour "You're wearing your armour, will you remove it to participate in the challenge?" she asks thinking to suggest using the Amulet of Healing if items are allowed

And if items are allowed Harley would then ask about magical buffs "Then could we magically buff you, to perhaps be able to bypass Damage reduction?"
    Last edited by WurmD; 2023-09-25 at 02:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #2086

Harley focuses on her ruler senses, is any of the Pokedaemons a valid target for Heavy promotion by spending schmukers?

Harley feels no way to increase them to a heavy, but she does feel something connected with their evolution, but it currently feels blocked. She believes after one of the pokedamons evolve she can then pay smuckers to promote a base pokedamon to thier new form.

Harley and Spike seek Shadow and her shadies to get the report on the run. They finds them relaxing at the NA Grounds.

As Harley and Spike join them Harley asks "What did you encounter on the way back? In future foraging runs could such danger be mitigated in some way?" Harley asks thinking of doing two rounds of each hex, a first round mounted, searching for forage but having the mount interact with the foliage, to then on the second pass actually dismount on the spots edible forage was spotted to collect it

"Would you prefer to be the forager on future similar runs?" Harley finally asks thinking Shadow is stronger and thus better able to handle surprises, plus would get all the XP.

" foraging is done by most natural ally tribes, however. We tend to limit it a bit, the more you forage the less ferals will pop and existing ferals will have a harder time feeding. It's a fine balance. As for making foraging runs safer. More extensive scouting would be helpful. Also moving in a larger group. To croak any ferals that attack and add them to the pot."

Afterwards Harley and Spike seek Ash out and upon finding him next door lounging in a heated water pond motion for him to join them for a private audience

In private Harley begins "Ash, will you help me understand what we can and cannot do to help you in the sacred Pokedaemon challenges?" she then gestures to his armour "You're wearing your armour, will you remove it to participate in the challenge?" she asks thinking to suggest using the Amulet of Healing if items are allowed

And if items are allowed Harley would then ask about magical buffs "Then could we magically buff you, to perhaps be able to bypass Damage reduction?"

The monotone voice that comes out of Ash as he speaks is very at odds with how excited Ash seems about finally being able to talk with his ally.

" During a challenge I lose my Chief status. This dispels any ongoing magic effect. Magic Items are fine, some pokedamons are crafters so tools maybe used, but have to be activated after a battle starts. The only outside help I have every heard of working, is a caster stood behind a pokedamon during a battle and granted her a bonus too her combat and defense."

17. - Top - End - #2087

Shadow
    Harley nods understandingly

"What *did* the two of them encounter on the way back?"

Ash
    Harley gets excited with Ash and mentally orders the Axe of Cutting brought to her "Nice!! Your armour gives you +1 to Def, the Amulet of Healing +6 Hits! Will you benefit from Spike's Chief Warlord Bonus during the challenge??"

As Ash finishes replying a woof golem arrives with the Axe "Hm, the axe of cutting seems too big for you.. maybe a one handed weapon could work?.." Harley's eyes widen as the thought hits her and she reaches for and unslungs her hammer

"As a weapon of last resort, how about my Hammer?" She says slowly and reverently extends its hilt to Ash "It's a powerful finisher, it will produce a incredible shockamancy blast the first time you hit"

Meta

"Greetings" Harley says with a nod "Just self Juice this turn, have fun" she prods with a smile gesturing outside to where the Mega Wagon in construction stands
    Last edited by WurmD; 2023-09-28 at 06:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #2088

GnomeWizardGuy

(Ash is not humanoid can he even wield an axe or a hammer? for future items for Ash though perhaps we could have adamantium claw bracers made for him)

but sure +1 to all, it doesn't hurt to ask

(Can we process Meta next so we know if the mega wagon is finished or not?)
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2023-09-28 at 05:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #2089

Shadow
    Harley nods understandingly

"What *did* the two of them encounter on the way back?"

Some kind of small hunting cat and some kind of plant.

Ash
    Harley gets excited with Ash and mentally orders the Axe of Cutting brought to her "Nice!! Your armour gives you +1 to Def, the Amulet of Healing +6 Hits! Will you benefit from Spike's Chief Warlord Bonus during the challenge??"

As Ash finishes replying a woof golem arrives with the Axe "Hm, the axe of cutting seems too big for you.. maybe a one handed weapon could work?.." Harley's eyes widen as the thought hits her and she reaches for and unslungs her hammer

"As a weapon of last resort, how about my Hammer?" She says slowly and reverently extends its hilt to Ash "It's a powerful finisher, it will produce a incredible shockamancy blast the first time you hit"

" During the challenge I lose spikes bonus."

Ash will look down at his claws.

" I havnt seen any weapon Arkum has, that I could wield.

Meta

Meta will move up to the wagon walking around it before beginning to cast. The wagon slowly takes shape. Meta will occasionally pause and have one of the twolls hold up a piece. Before starting again.

In the end you have a massive wagon. It looks like a massive flat bed. With six massive wheels. Two large harness hooked to the front.

" Well it's done should hold 20 infantry or knights with no problem, there is a loading ramp built in. It will take two heavy mounts to pull it however."

-6 rands

20. - Top - End - #2090

Shadow
    Harley scratches her chin in thought.. "They were in a stack of four.. It was the lack of leadership right? If you were in hex do you think you'd have put the deer in the front line and croaked the plant?"

Ash
    Harley has Spike go politely fetch Luckamancer Keno while she sets up a local map in a table

As Keno and Spike joins them, Harley begins "Hello again, Caster Keno. First let me apologize, but our scouts revealed a unexpected target of opportunity that we cannot pass up, making it impossible to also attempt to tame the Dwagon." she explains transfering 1 Rand to the caster

-1 Rand

"However, I'm hoping you can still help us." she restarts with a twinkle in her eye "Meet Ash, my Pokedaemon Chief" she introduces with a smile

"Is accompanying us down the road to this hex" Harley motions down the road and jabs 04.-04 with her finger "Waiting for Ash to go into the adjoining hex and begin his Pokedaemon Challenge battle, to then cast (from out of hex) to boost his damage rolls for the whole duration of the challenge something you'd be able and willing to do?" Harley finishes expectantly

IF caster says YES

"What do you think Ash?" Harley asks grinning widely "With the Armour, the Amulet, and the extra damage from the Luckamancy boost?"

Meta
    Harley whistles impressed "Wow.. It could handle 4 Heavies in the back, with 5 infantry in the driver's seat right?"

Ash
    Harley has Spike go politely fetch Herring while she sets up a local map in a table

When he arrives "Herring! Did you hear? There is a Heavy Pokeadamon over there!" Harley jabs the hex with her finger "Do you think making Ash's claws ignore DR for some attacks would be under your purview?"

IF YES

"Since we're not going for the Dwagon taming attempt, how do you feel with accompanying Ash and Spike into the hex, and casting *after* Ash begins his Poke challenge?"
    Last edited by WurmD; 2023-10-06 at 10:05 AM.

21. - Top - End - #2091

Shadow
    Harley scratches her chin in thought.. "They were in a stack of four.. It was the lack of leadership right? If you were in hex do you think you'd have put the deer in the front line and croaked the plant?"

Shadow will shrug

hard to know I instructed my girls not to engage in combat. In general a stack of four is used by the tribes to. Better chances to spot enemies and a better bonus.

[

Meta
    Harley whistles impressed "Wow.. It could handle 4 Heavies in the back, with 5 infantry in the driver's seat right?"

Meta will motion to the wagon. A single seat on top with two rear facing seat to the left and right.
    yep but those seat can fold up. And a heavy can drive it since you have twolls. While it will do fine on roads you may run into problems off road. Trees and such getting in the way.

Ash
    Harley has Spike go politely fetch Herring while she sets up a local map in a table

When he arrives "Herring! Did you hear? There is a Heavy Pokeadamon over there!" Harley jabs the hex with her finger "Do you think making Ash's claws ignore DR for some attacks would be under your purview?"

Herring will pause to consider the question

maybe it's not something I have considered before. I would have to experiment. I have cast to limit the effect of a heavy special before, but it didn't touch the dr. I also cast on the heavy in question

IF YES

"Since we're not going for the Dwagon taming attempt, how do you feel with accompanying Ash and Spike into the hex, and casting *after* Ash begins his Poke challenge?"

Ash will speak before Herring can respond

won't work if you cast to aid me or hurt the other Damon. It would end the duel. Might even cause me to lose. Equipment, self buff, or someone standing in the trainer position. Are the only buffs I know of

22. - Top - End - #2092

Herring will take Harley aside to speak with her in private

Harley just so you know something is happening in the mk. Every change and dirtamancer I know have been hired for a project. Several buildings have been have been set up around the portal park. I have also been invited to a meeting and Anna is being briefed in the morning

Retcon

Promote lesser

School: changeamancy
    Juice cost: 100+ 20
    Range: close
    Cast time: 3 round
    Duration: permanent

Promote an Infantry to a knight this spell costs 100 juice for a level 1 infantry and 20 more juice for every level after.

Also for break rule spell no more negative results instead the buff will just have a limited timeframe/ duration. So being immune to Range attack will last for a number of shots before ending.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2023-10-08 at 05:57 PM.

23. - Top - End - #2093

redface Re: Arkum Game Thread

Meta
    "Thanks Meta, we'll deal with the obstacles as we come to them, likely by cutting them down!" Harley addresses the issue with a grin

"Now that you've successfully built one, how much Juice without Twoll help would it take to build another?"

Ash
    "Wait, the chief status gives you a stat boost?" Harley purses her lips "Then without some Adamantine claws, I don't think tackling a heavy will be doable" she continues resignedly
    "Maybe next turn if May is available"

Herring
    "uuuU, how exciting! Go on then, and find out what's happening" she says happily and not at all worried, thinking whatever it is should affect all sides equally

"And would you ask Anna, that if she has Juice available tomorrow, would it be possible to unlock the further potential of the Dark Bow she made?" she adds as an afterthought
    Last edited by WurmD; 2023-10-09 at 07:10 AM.

24. - Top - End - #2094

Meta
    "Thanks Meta, we'll deal with the obstacles as we come to them, likely by cutting them down!" Harley addresses the issue with a grin

"Now that you've successfully built one, how much Juice without Twoll help would it take to build another?"

well the twolls were able to cover the few missteps I made on the project. As long as I have some strong hands to hold pieces in place. I can do it for another 12 Rands and two turns worth of juice.

Ash
    "Wait, the chief status gives you a stat boost?" Harley purses her lips "Then without some Adamantine claws, I don't think tackling a heavy will be doable" she continues resignedly
    "Maybe next turn if May is available"

For the best, probably I thought about sending the level 2 Rattika to take it on, but that is a risk

Herring
    "uuuU, how exciting! Go on then, and find out what's happening" she says happily and not at all worried, thinking whatever it is should affect all sides equally

"And would you ask Anna, that if she has Juice available tomorrow, would it be possible to unlock the further potential of the Dark Bow she made?" she adds as an afterthought

Will do and I can ask Anna, but I doubt she will. Most of them have been contacted for over casting.

25. - Top - End - #2095
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

The Fullmetal Mod: Hey guys, congrats on keeping this game going over the past four years! We try to limit threads to 50 pages in length, and this has bypassed that by a large margin. Please create a second thread for the next IC post, and leave a legacy post here directing the players to the new thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature