New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Star Wars FFG Assistance

I've been looking around for mod options for my Nightsister Energy Bow, but I can't find anything for bows. Do they not have any? Or are they just counted as a different weapon type?

If it helps, I am going for more of a Crit-Focused build for it. I'm going with Seeker Executioner. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars FFG Assistance

Well it is a Ranged (Heavy) weapon, so it should still benefit from many attachments. Maybe not things that specifically are barrels and working with blasters though. A lot of attachments have some descriptive text that specify if it can only work with some weapons, but there are plenty that don't.

With 2HP, I'd look at attachments like:
    - Custom Grip (500 credits, Special Modifications)
    - Superior Weapon (5000 credits, Corebooks)
    - "Bantha's Eye" Laser Sight (500 credits, Dangerous Covenants)
    - Electronic Sighting System (500 credits, Strongholds of Resistance)

Personally I'd chose Custom Grip and Superior (but considering that cash-drop, ESS is probably a cheaper option until you get the credits for Superior). Custom Grip is always a solid choice for all weapons though.
    RHoD: Soah | SC: Green Sparrow | WotBS: Sheliya |RoW: Raani | SA: Ariste | IG: Hemali | RoA: Abelia | WftC: Elize | Zeitgeist: Rutile
    Mystara: Othariel | Vette | Scarlet

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Our Seeker has one, and I do believe she runs with a Custom Grip (modded for +1 Accurate) and a Bantha's Eye Sight. That way she gets +1 Advantage and a blue die. I might suggest the ESS for the extra blue die instead of the Bantha's Eye, but the blue dice have a distressing tendency to roll the blank side for me, at least.

Note that all these attachments are in Gadgets and Gear as well. Not ALL attachments are in there, annoyingly.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah it's annoying that G&G don't have all the gear. I mostly use OggDude though to check up the source of things, so it makes it easier for me to look around.

If you're going for a Crit-focused combat style over Damage, then I'd say the Bantha's Eye is better than ESS, because it always gives an Advantage. But it is a matter of what you prefer the most.
    RHoD: Soah | SC: Green Sparrow | WotBS: Sheliya |RoW: Raani | SA: Ariste | IG: Hemali | RoA: Abelia | WftC: Elize | Zeitgeist: Rutile
    Mystara: Othariel | Vette | Scarlet