New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Default The Inheritance Wars (Recruiting One More)

The Inheritance Wars
    It was just an ordinary day. Or not. It may have been a good day. Or not. It could have been the best day of your life. Or not. Whether it was even the worst day of life, is entirely besides the point because up until then didn't matter. At least, compared to the days that would come after it, it would be nothing. This was their last day as an ordinary man or woman, and from hence forward, they would have something that would mark them as extraordinary for the rest of their lives. They would have, their Inheritance.

January 1st, 2020. . . 12:00 AM
    For ages untold, wars were waged. The Inheritance Wars. These were the wars that have been waged in order to determine the destiny of the Human Race, and beyond. Throughout the multiverse, Humans, Elves, Aliens, and all manner of intelligent species have fought for the good of their and all other races. Now this war was coming to Earth. . . !
    The time is now 12:00 AM, Midnight. Suddenly, you are gone from your bed, disappeared, and now appearing, on the floor, in a vast white expanse, as a man appears in front of you , appearing to be in his 70's, standing there with a white cane, while a young woman dressed in black stands at his side. Before any of you can speak, you are filled with some kind of magical energy that changes you. . . changes you from the inside out. Without uttering a word, you understand you have changed.

The old man smiles as he awaits for you to awaken.
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2019-10-14 at 10:29 PM.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: The Inheritance Wars (Still Recruiting)

He felt like panicking would have been the right thing to do here, but he felt calm, and simply analyzed the people in front of him.

So old life, and young death. He wouldn't be surprised if they were life and death. Of Course Life would be old, he is the culmination of life and experience, and of course Death would be young, she's of the unchanging afterlives and the brief moments that bring people there. He, lived a long life, and he was bound to live a lot more now that he was no longer human. Honestly he had no idea what he was, he felt like he could fit in a variety of forms, be classified as a number of things. Honestly, he wasn't even sure if he was truly alive anymore. But, he doubted that really mattered here, and now. Instead, he had a simple question. "What now?"
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2019-09-30 at 08:20 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    The Inheritance Wars
    It was just an ordinary day. Or not. It may have been a good day. Or not. It could have been the best day of your life. Or not. Whether it was even the worst day of life, is entirely besides the point because up until then didn't matter. At least, compared to the days that would come after it, it would be nothing. This was their last day as an ordinary man or woman, and from hence forward, they would have something that would mark them as extraordinary for the rest of their lives. They would have, their Inheritance.

January 1st, 2020. . . 12:00 AM
    For ages untold, wars were waged. The Inheritance Wars. These were the wars that have been waged in order to determine the destiny of the Human Race, and beyond. Throughout the multiverse, Humans, Elves, Aliens, and all manner of intelligent species have fought for the good of their and all other races. Now this war was coming to Earth. . . !
    The time is now 12:00 AM, Midnight. Suddenly, you are gone from your bed, disappeared, and now appearing, on the floor, in a vast white expanse, as a man appears in front of you , appearing to be in his 70's, standing there with a white cane, while a young woman dressed in black stands at his side. Before any of you can speak, you are filled with some kind of magical energy that changes you. . . changes you from the inside out. Without uttering a word, you understand you have changed.

Some would panic and smash their head due to the changes in their body. Others think and process what their inheritance and past self were.

As for I? I’m simply floating in the ocean of hatred of existence of sentient life. It’s very interesting. So many flaws created in the path of their rise to the top, so much blood shed from their own in petty squabbles.

If it wasn’t for another life pecking the back of my head, I’d probably be drowning. Honestly, I like the little bird more than the lizard, it at least has good intentions...if only he was a little less willing to go the extra mile for what he stands for.

A moment later, I open my eyes and see an old man and a young lady across from me...and my very existence screams to kill the old man and erase the very existence of the woman.

Not that anything happens, i don’t see a time where either could happen. My body does shift to try its best at least, growing rapidly and beginning to remove any case of natural degrading of cell growth, so as to remove the scenario of me falling from my prime. But that is for a far time. For now, what’s occurring at the moment?

4. - Top - End - #4

Henri stumbles up thr stairs of her apartment building as she sluggishly fishes for her keys. She had just gotten back from a nigjt out with the girls celebrating her birthday and was ready for some sleep. Slow and steadily, she made her way inside and to her bedroom and fell foward to snuggle up in the covers of her mattress
    The Inheritance Wars
    Suddenly, you are gone from your bed, disappeared, and now appearing, on the floor, in a vast white expanse, as a man appears in front of you , appearing to be in his 70's, standing there with a white cane, while a young woman dressed in black stands at his side. Before any of you can speak, you are filled with some kind of magical energy that changes you. . . changes you from the inside out. Without uttering a word, you understand you have changed.

Henri groans as she sits up right, both from the sudden soberness and power flowing inside her. She breathes heavy as she raises her hands and sees her former barely there nails were now sharp claws. She ran her tongue along her teeth and felt they were all fanged

"What is all this?" she breathed out

5. - Top - End - #5

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Cambion View Post

"What is all this?" she breathed out
    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    . "What now?"
    "It's time for you to wake up! My honored guests."
    "Welcome to my dimension. In a few moments, you will be surrounded by the luxurious presence of my palace."
    "I am Archibald Word'sworth. This over here is Elizabeth. Say hello Elizabeth!" The young woman waved and spoke a greeting. "Yes, I"m Elizabeth."
    "Get the [Redacted] up and stop sleeping on the marble floor."
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

6. - Top - End - #6

"It's time for you to wake up! My honored guests."
    "Welcome to my dimension. In a few moments, you will be surrounded by the luxurious presence of my palace."
    "I am Archibald Word'sworth. This over here is Elizabeth. Say hello Elizabeth!" The young woman waved and spoke a greeting. "Yes, I"m Elizabeth."
    "Get the [Redacted] up and stop sleeping on the marble floor."
    Henri got to her feet in an instant and had to steady herself at rhe sudden change in positions. She took a moment to process the knowledge in her head now. The knowledge that was twlling her she had powers, actual powers. Henri tightened her fists as they erupted in flames

" How about I put you to sleep on this marble floor twerp?" Henri asked the blonde

7. - Top - End - #7

Chimera

Elizabeth smirked. "I'd like to see you try, Angel boy!" She mocked, before Archibald promptly waved his hands, silencing Elizabeth, causing Henri's fire to be extinguished, and causing all our protagonist's surroundings to transmute into what appeared to be an enormous mansion. On the inside, their were lights hanging on magnificent golden colored chandeliers overhead. "I apologize for having you all awaken on the hard marbled floors of these hallowed grounds. It was not my intention."

"As I said, I am Archibald Word'sworth."
    "I am protector over the Earth, and I've managed to keep our world somewhat safe from the Great Wars over the centuries."
    "However, I am afraid that the time is come for us all to prepare ourselves."
    "I have gifted you all with your inheritance, at least, some of it."
    "I'm sure you all have no clue what this war is."

8. - Top - End - #8

Elizabeth smirked. "I'd like to see you try, Angel boy!" She mocked, before Archibald promptly waved his hands, silencing Elizabeth, causing Henri's fire to be extinguished, and causing all our protagonist's surroundings to transmute into what appeared to be an enormous mansion. On the inside, their were lights hanging on magnificent golden colored chandeliers overhead. "I apologize for having you all awaken on the hard marbled floors of these hallowed grounds. It was not my intention."

"I am protector over the Earth, and I've managed to keep our world somewhat safe from the Great Wars over the centuries."
    Henri calms down and collects herself as she takes a seat. She processes what Archibald said and ran let her hair down to run her fingers through it

" So what Archie, you're a real life Raiden and we've just been tapped for Mortal Kombat" she said with an air of disbelief

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Charlotte's head had barely hit the pillow when she found herself in an opulent mansion with a few other people who seemed to be as confused as her. Once she was on her feet she felt a sudden surge of power inside her as if she was something far larger than a human stuffed into a human body.

Hearing one of her companions mention Mortal Kombat Charlotte says, "Seems like this is more than a fighting tournament to me."

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Arayl View Post
    Charlotte's head had barely hit the pillow when she found herself in an opulent mansion with a few other people who seemed to be as confused as her. Once she was on her feet she felt a sudden surge of power inside her as if she was something far larger than a human stuffed into a human body.

Hearing one of her companions mention Mortal Kombat Charlotte says, "Seems like this is more than a fighting tournament to me."
    "Yeah but I bet the gist is the same. Which means outside meddlers and people bending the rules to win"

Henri walks over to the blonde and holds out her hand

"Henri McCain" she greets

11. - Top - End - #11

Chimera

Henri calms down and collects herself as she takes a seat. She processes what Archibald said and ran let her hair down to run her fingers through it

" So what Archie, you're a real life Raiden and we've just been tapped for Mortal Kombat" she said with an air of disbelief
    The man smiles. "Now you're acting like Raiden and Mortal Kombat isn't real."

Quote Originally Posted by Arayl View Post

"Quite right. Mortal Kombat, at least in it's earlier iterations, is just a tournament. This is war."

"Yeah but I bet the gist is the same. Which means outside meddlers and people bending the rules to win"

Henri walks over to the blonde and holds out her hand

"Henri McCain" she greets
    Reluctantly, she stares at Henri's hand for a moment. "Oh what the hell, I'll bite." She takes her hand and shakes.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

The man smiles. "Now you're acting like Raiden and Mortal Kombat isn't real."

"Quite right. Mortal Kombat, at least in it's earlier iterations, is just a tournament. This is war."

Reluctantly, she stares at Henri's hand for a moment. "Oh what the hell, I'll bite." She takes her hand and shakes.
    Morgan who had been sitting on the ground and staring at the architecture like a wonderstruck idiot simply raised his hand and asked.

“So... we’re your defenders of Earthrealm then? I hope I’m not the Johnny Cage. No offense to anyone but I don’t want my neck snapped by Bryan Thompson.”

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Staring blankly, I’m just letting my mind process exactly what’s happened to me...before the memory of the lizard thing rebuilding its body through will to survive and an idea pops in my head.

(Swapping to Third Person now)
    To say the kid is mostly silent is true, but anyone who looks sees him with his hand in his mouth chewing. Those who listen carefully however, can hear the sound of bone crushing and flesh tearing from him.

And a moment later, he pulls his hand out of his mouth and it is...very changed. Scales grown all over it with fingernails replaced with claws. The normally wiggly movement of human hands has been exchanged for a solid scaled paw...before snapping sounds come from it and reverting back to being wiggly.

Seems like the kid is getting a feel of his own inheritance for now.

14. - Top - End - #14

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Atma-Stand View Post
    Morgan who had been sitting on the ground and staring at the architecture like a wonderstruck idiot simply raised his hand and asked.

“So... we’re your defenders of Earthrealm then? I hope I’m not the Johnny Cage. No offense to anyone but I don’t want my neck snapped by Bryan Thompson.”
    "No. This is not Mortal Kombat, although it is indeed very real. We're in the multiverse. . . a vast, endless stream of universes compose everything that exists. Earth Realm is in one of them."

"In this Earth, things have been mostly normal for centuries. I've been trying to limit the war to mostly unusual circumstances where people from this Earth have to fight."

"Basically, it comes down to this: someone is gathering power to dominate the entire multiverse. They are someone that you really don't want to mess with. Imagine if Adolph Hitler was not only a master of powerful magic, but also a genius and immortal. That would kind of be the threat that's against everyone, everywhere."

15. - Top - End - #15

"No. This is not Mortal Kombat, although it is indeed very real. We're in the multiverse. . . a vast, endless stream of universes compose everything that exists. Earth Realm is in one of them."

"In this Earth, things have been mostly normal for centuries. I've been trying to limit the war to mostly unusual circumstances where people from this Earth have to fight."

"Basically, it comes down to this: someone is gathering power to dominate the entire multiverse. They are someone that you really don't want to mess with. Imagine if Adolph Hitler was not only a master of powerful magic, but also a genius and immortal. That would kind of be the threat that's against everyone, everywhere."
    "So why don't you just stop them, you're obviously powerful enough. What can we do you couldn't" Henri asked

She started to pace back and forth. As she does licks of flames dance on her clothes

16. - Top - End - #16

Chimera

"So why don't you just stop them, you're obviously powerful enough. What can we do you couldn't" Henri asked

She started to pace back and forth. As she does licks of flames dance on her clothes

"When you plant seeds in the earth, they start as small seeds. If you come back after hundreds of years, they become magnificent oaks."
    "None of you might reach your potential, but altogether, you stand more of a chance than just me alone."
    "Another thing is, that you are weak enough that you can kind of fly under the radar, as it were."
    "Before you actually go fighting in the war, you'll be more like investigators."
    "Your first mission is to find someone, and bring him under my care."

17. - Top - End - #17

"When you plant seeds in the earth, they start as small seeds. If you come back after hundreds of years, they become magnificent oaks."
    "None of you might reach your potential, but altogether, you stand more of a chance than just me alone."
    "Another thing is, that you are weak enough that you can kind of fly under the radar, as it were."
    "Before you actually go fighting in the war, you'll be more like investigators."
    "Your first mission is to find someone, and bring him under my care."
    Henri listened and the logic was sound if slightly cold. She walked over to a chair and took a seat

"So who are we tracking down?"

18. - Top - End - #18

Chimera

Henri listened and the logic was sound if slightly cold. She walked over to a chair and took a seat

"So who are we tracking down?"
    "There's a man out there. He's a wizard. He should be very easy to find, as it turns out he's in London, England, where else, and he's working as a teacher of magic. You just need to get to him and meet him, and ask him why he's endangering the world through announcing his presence."

19. - Top - End - #19

Planetar

"So, is he Merlin?" He asked out loud, trying to think through the possibilities of people that would associate with it, and are wizards, Merlin was of course the most obvious one. Gandalf, and Various Harry potter mages were other possibilities that immediately came to mind, and the possibility of a nonfictional wizard was present in his mind as well/
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2019-10-01 at 03:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

"There's a man out there. He's a wizard. He should be very easy to find, as it turns out he's in London, England, where else, and he's working as a teacher of magic. You just need to get to him and meet him, and ask him why he's endangering the world through announcing his presence."
    Andrea has been listening to everything, somewhat overwhelmed by her senses as they heighten. She feels better than she ever has before though. Better and yet strange. When she first woke up she could barely stay awake but now she has more energy than she has in ages.

"So do we know where the wizard is? Or do we have to do this old school? Also why is announcing his presence dangerous?"

21. - Top - End - #21

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    "So, is he Merlin?" He asked out loud, trying to think through the possibilities of people that would associate with it, and are wizards, Merlin was of course the most obvious one.
    "No. I mean, that's close. He isn't Merlin."

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Andrea has been listening to everything, somewhat overwhelmed by her senses as they heighten. She feels better than she ever has before though. Better and yet strange. When she first woke up she could barely stay awake but now she has more energy than she has in ages.

"So do we know where the wizard is? Or do we have to do this old school? Also why is announcing his presence dangerous?"

"The wizard is in a hotel with this address. . . " He materializes a piece of paper with the hotel name. "The Unicorn Hotel". . . It's dangerous that he's letting people know that powerful magic exists on Earth. Usually when this kind of magic shows up on Earth, it means that the war is starting. We don't need to quite get into the fray just yet."
    "The man's name is David. David Benjamin White."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Marc blinks and raises himself from the ground. He is wearing some nice clothes; the shoes are black synthetic leather and albeit expensive they look well used, the pants are also black with a simple clean cut, and he is wearing a shirt with white and blue stripes rolled at the elbows. The thing that looks the most out of places is the cheap shiny paper celebratory mask that he wears pulled up, holding his unruly hair as a diadem. As he rises he adopts a defensive position, before blinking again and becoming a bit self conscious, and relaxing the posture.

"So... what do you want to do with that David Benjamin White? Something that can't be resolved over a phone call? Name is Marc, by the way." He tilts his head to the others who have introduced themselves, feeling himself a bit out of his depth, and being a bit paranoid, but nonetheless keeping himself from being overtly rude.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

23. - Top - End - #23

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Marc blinks and raises himself from the ground. He is wearing some nice clothes; the shoes are black synthetic leather and albeit expensive they look well used, the pants are also black with a simple clean cut, and he is wearing a shirt with white and blue stripes rolled at the elbows. The thing that looks the most out of places is the cheap shiny paper celebratory mask that he wears pulled up, holding his unruly hair as a diadem. As he rises he adopts a defensive position, before blinking again and becoming a bit self conscious, and relaxing the posture.

"So... what do you want to do with that David Benjamin White? Something that can't be resolved over a phone call? Name is Marc, by the way." He tilts his head to the others who have introduced themselves, feeling himself a bit out of his depth, and being a bit paranoid, but nonetheless keeping himself from being overtly rude.
    "He never returns his calls. . . and if I showed up, it would be bad for this pocket dimension I have to take care of."
    "Anyway, there are portals outside of the Palace that you can take to immediately appear in London. There's no need even to fly."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

"He never returns his calls. . . and if I showed up, it would be bad for this pocket dimension I have to take care of."
    "Anyway, there are portals outside of the Palace that you can take to immediately appear in London. There's no need even to fly."
    "That would be... expeditive. So, go to London, find this guy that wants to be found, ask him why he wants to be found? Sounds rather easy, doesn't it? Any catch we should be aware?"
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

25. - Top - End - #25

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    "That would be... expeditive. So, go to London, find this guy that wants to be found, ask him why he wants to be found? Sounds rather easy, doesn't it? Any catch we should be aware?"
    "Be careful. I don't think he's a threat himself, but something fishy is going on. I can sense that something dangerous is lurking in the city of London. I don't know if he's apart of the problem, or if he's in danger."
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2019-10-02 at 11:37 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

A woman with a white cardigan pushes up her black-rimmed glasses to rub some sleep from her eyes. She stares out the window at the London portal. She's been to London before, but it's a big city. She doesn't know it inside and out or anything.

She turns to Mark, reminded that she should probably tell everyone her name before she starts confusing them with memories from conversations she hasn't actually had. "Erica Ketevan. Pleased to meet you."

"You said that Mr. White was, 'announcing his presence.' What did he do?"
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-10-02 at 02:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    A woman with a white cardigan pushes up her black-rimmed glasses to rub some sleep from her eyes. She stares out the window at the London portal. She's been to London before, but it's a big city. She doesn't know it inside and out or anything.

She turns to Mark, reminded that she should probably tell everyone her name before she starts confusing them with memories from conversations she hasn't actually had. "Erica Ketevan. Pleased to meet you."

"You said that Mr. White was, 'announcing his presence.' What did he do?"
    "The problem is that in the magic world, it's a generally agreed practice to rarely teach any more than three or more students at a time. Too much magical knowledge has a very high potential for many different risks. Demons can be attracted to potentially very powerful individuals, magical or not, adding magic to someone's power only increases the interest in someone from a demon's point of view"
    "Also, every time a magical Renaissance occurs, the war comes down to Earth."

"What this David is basically doing is announcing the reality of magic to the whole world and is teaching scores of students, by himself, to learn magic."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

It’s at that point the kid just flat out lays on the floor. For a while, he’s just there. Maybe he’s listening, maybe he isn’t.

Until everybody is so focused on info and talking, which at that point he slowly begins to roll towards the nearest exit. And just...the low hiss of acid is all that is heard to explain what he’s doing, and even that’s drowned out by the constant talks goin on.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

"That certainly sounds like he's up to something... okay, we'll check it out." Erica takes for granted that everyone else is agreeing to this. "Everyone ready? Ken? Are you okay down there?"

Poor kid. It's hard to tell whether he feels sick, or scared, or consumed with animalistic bloodlust. Part of Erica wants to leave him be, but she can feel the force beckoning him to join the mission as much as herself. She walks over to examine him.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Turning to the man and woman who had introduced themselves and said to them and anyone who happened to be listening, "It's nice to meet you all, I'm Charlotte Trescott"