New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Hey There, would You like to talk about Homestuck's... Sequel.

Homestuck^2: Beyond Canon is an official continuation of Homestuck following after the epilogues.

(How Hiveswap, Friendsim, and Pesterquest fits into this is unknown at this time)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We open up with Ultimate Dirk having a conversation with Rosebot.

Poor Rose. she seems to think Dirk's the good guy.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Hey There, would You like to talk about Homestuck's... Sequel.

Here is my Hot Take.
    Its pretty good so far.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Read what they have so far:

Spoiler: okay, lets read this
    Show

That doesn't mean this (*gestures to the narrative*) isn't still going to be a thing, though. Sometimes retreating back into the warm, welcoming folds of traditional prose is just going to be the best way forward, and as someone whose mind is uniquely capable of understanding this conceit, I'll be the determining factor as to when and where it happens. I think that's more than reasonable. And yes, I am capable of being reasonable. All in all I think you'll find, as far as narrators go, I'm an excellent... hm. On second thought, maybe that's a bit of a problematic phrase. Yeah, yikes, that one's got a sordid history. Best we steer clear of it. We're all lucky I'm around to make those kinds of sensitivity judgements on everyone's behalf.
    Oh screw you Dirk, your evil now! I remember what happened in both timelines, get off your high horse that your death will most likely ironically occur in the presence of! wait- I now get that joke. all those times those were said, was because they were connected to Dirk.

wait other orange guy? TAVROS? don't you go messing with Tavros now Dirk, he's a good boy and you ain't. cause thats all we need: more megalomaniacs manipulating the parapalegic troll who might be the closest troll analogue to an autistic child.
    Edit: on second thought, Dirk MIGHT be talking about Davesprite here, which might make more sense with the events he is talking about in a narrative sense. screwing with the first time invalid timelines were introduced is pretty big.

NO! screw you Dirk, you don't know ANYTHING! whatever your plan is, your just going to screw everything up....thats how it always is in Homestuck, there is no solutions, just people screwing up endlessly. ok,ay what magicla suggestion you figure out eh?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..... .."Dirk: Stop making Homestuck" ahaha, SCREW YOOUUU Dirk, you got your answer and it hates you with the fiery passions of a thousand memes!

we're doing the room thing again? heheheheheh.....Dirk dirk, dirk....your still stuck at home, you don't even realize it.

Plants are basically the ideal friends. They don't constantly question your decisions, or try and undermine your authority, or suggest that perhaps you should try talking about your feelings every once in a while. Plants lie down in the dirt and take it, metaphorically speaking.
    .....I think your mixing up friends with slaves there....

So Dirk is still evil.

they are going to some new planet with shuffled around continents

and we're getting more information on how this narrative stuff works. its all in the deception that it was someones own idea all along and if you be too obvious, it reveals you.

Interested. definitely interested.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-10-26 at 03:55 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #4

Spoiler: At Raz
    Show
    He was talking about Hussy.

Or rather, Hussy's avatar int the narrative.

Hussey drew himself with an orange skin tone and there was the extended subplot in the dream bubbles of him trying to give Vriska a ring that came across like he was interested in her romantically but no, turns out the ring is important.

IIRC, it's the ring that they used to bring Calliope back to life.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler: At Raz
    Show
    He was talking about Hussy.

Or rather, Hussy's avatar int the narrative.

Hussey drew himself with an orange skin tone and there was the extended subplot in the dream bubbles of him trying to give Vriska a ring that came across like he was interested in her romantically but no, turns out the ring is important.

IIRC, it's the ring that they used to bring Calliope back to life.
    Spoiler: At Rater
    Show

That might be the strongest possibility yeah, messing with the narrator themselves is definitely bigger than what I was thinking and probably more accurate.

that would be near the beginning of act 6, right? act 6 could be when it got a lot talky everywhere, but it got real talky before then with the trolls and act 4. the first three acts are much more classic and line with what Dirk is talking about. so....if your right, he is a pre-act 6 fan like I imagine much of the fanbase is before act 6 got all slow and such.

So its weird, between Davesprite, Tavros and Hussie, there is three orange guys representing three different turning points in the narrative: if he goes to Davesprite, he is a pre-act 3 fan. if goes to change Tavros somehow, he is a pre-trolls fan, and if he goes to change Hussie at the you specify, he is a pre-Act 6 fan.

your theory is the most probable, but just saying: orange guy can technically refer to at least three different people.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler: At Rater
    Show

That might be the strongest possibility yeah, messing with the narrator themselves is definitely bigger than what I was thinking and probably more accurate.

that would be near the beginning of act 6, right? act 6 could be when it got a lot talky everywhere, but it got real talky before then with the trolls and act 4. the first three acts are much more classic and line with what Dirk is talking about. so....if your right, he is a pre-act 6 fan like I imagine much of the fanbase is before act 6 got all slow and such.

So its weird, between Davesprite, Tavros and Hussie, there is three orange guys representing three different turning points in the narrative: if he goes to Davesprite, he is a pre-act 3 fan. if goes to change Tavros somehow, he is a pre-trolls fan, and if he goes to change Hussie at the you specify, he is a pre-Act 6 fan.

your theory is the most probable, but just saying: orange guy can technically refer to at least three different people.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He seems to in general have a problem with how Hussey handled the original narrative.

He draws specific attention to Act 1, so I imagine his prefered world will be like that.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    He seems to in general have a problem with how Hussey handled the original narrative.

He draws specific attention to Act 1, so I imagine his prefered world will be like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh. well.

That effort is just straight up doomed to failure then. Dirk trying to replicate that nonsense for all the other acts is like trying to set a house on fire with an ice cube. he couldn't even replicate the basic opening jokes of that sort of thing in his own introduction in this comic because he was too self-absorbed in his own monologues and he gone to narrative prattle to skip over all the actual shenanigans Terezi wanted him to do. if thats his narrative goal, he could've had full act 1 replication right there and then to demonstrate how well he does it, and he failed miserably.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-10-26 at 05:01 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Can we discuss other things loosely related to Homestuck here? Because I have some ideas for things to include in a Fanventure.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Can we discuss other things loosely related to Homestuck here? Because I have some ideas for things to include in a Fanventure.
    I assume so but have no idea for sure.

Also that was a great start so far for the sequel. Since it shows that the story isn't over by a long shot which is great in my book.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

I need to go back and read the epilogue stuff. I sort of skimmed it thinking there wouldn't be much of anything new on the horizon.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2019-11-13 at 01:13 AM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    I need to go back and read the epilogue stuff. I sort of skimmed it thinking there wouldn't be much of anything new on the horizon.
    It's worth the read just for the rivalry between the two narrators alone. Since it pretty intriguing how they compete against each other in ways that were very unexpected.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

I read the kotatsu page while sitting at a kotatsu. Oddly satisfying.

Anyway, I enjoyed the epilogues, and hope this takes thing in another interesting direction.
    Editor and playtester for Legend.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

There’s a new update.
    Spoiler
    Show
    We’re back on Candy Earth, somehow.
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Update
    Show

its brain ghost dirk and Jake again. finally a Dirk that isn't the real one. amazing how that is actually a good thing, given the nature of true selves. after all, if this was a real dirk, True Dirk would know about it.

as for whether its a god complex if the person is really a god....the answer to that question, Brain Ghost Dirk, iiiis: YES!!!

but yeah, BG Dirk is trying make Jake be a hero again- or in other words, Jake's idealized version of Dirk is trying to get him to be a hero again. Jake is weird, because BG Dirk's existence means Jake is smarter than he seems but doesn't acknowledge much of what he knows and needs this persona of someone greater and heroic to point this stuff out and bring it to light. so its basically Jake telling himself to become a hero through the medium and image of BG Dirk, yet the identities are separate enough that BG Dirk might be their own person? just fake. whatever, fake BG dirk is best Dirk now.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler: About the newest update.
    Show
    It very interesting that the Candy timeline shall be covered in length as well. Even though it consider the non canon part of the story. Also I agree it great to see Brain Ghost Dirk again after so long. Especially since he can't get corrupted from the influence that Lord English had on him which is what sadly happen to every other Dirk I think.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Time View Post
    Spoiler: About the newest update.
    Show
    It very interesting that the Candy timeline shall be covered in length as well. Even though it consider the non canon part of the story. Also I agree it great to see Brain Ghost Dirk again after so long. Especially since he can't get corrupted from the influence that Lord English had on him which is what sadly happen to every other Dirk I think.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Canon" and "Non-Canon" are pretty iffy terms at this point. Given how canon and non-canon interact with one another now, whats a fan fiction, a canonical work, a non-canonical work is hard to answer, given how its canon that there is non-canon timelines. if the canon includes non-canon, does make non-canonical stuff canon? is none of this canon? is "In Story" canon and non-canon and "Out of Story" canon and non-canon different layers, or are they indistinguishable?

after all, canon knows about non-canon, and both affect the other. you can't exactly say one is more relevant/real/whatever than the other. I would not say Candy Timeline isn't important just because of it being "non-canon" when clearly it has an effect.

17. - Top - End - #17

More related to the original story than the sequel: An Easter Egg in the musical score of PEsterquest strongly indicates that something the fandom associated with Vriska was actually originally intended for Aradia.

Spoiler: If no one got it
    Show
    The song is officially titled "Yeah, it is."

"Megalovania isn' Aradia's song."
    "Yeah, it is."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Pesterquest, I Mean....
    Show

No matter how originally intended it is....

Megalovania is one letter away from megalomania, and that describes Vriska far far better than the fatalistic Aradia, as megalomania is all about delusions and desires of grandeur, expressed through the dominance and abuse of others. the -vania part being a combining it with "castlevania" and thus mixing with it a gamers mindset as they play through a game knowing they're the only thing that matters in the world of the game. Aradia did nothing but wallow in fatalistic depression in service to time then become a god and suddenly become a cheery goth girl. what part about that is megalomaniacal?

If its true, I am half convinced the writers are just being contrarian, trolling or making a Sans joke because everyone mistook megalovania for being sans theme when its actually Chara's even though Sans doesn't fit a megalomaniacal mindset at all, he is a depressed determinist/fatalist just like Aradia was. Especially if they are the same people who wrote the highly questionable sentence: "Vriska did nothing wrong." Kind of a big press X to doubt moment there.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Consider this: A fanventure with the backstory that a successful session resulted in a pair of conjoined-twin Genesis Frogs and that this resulted in two sessions that share half of their planets (plus Derse) but not the other half (or Prospit) because the latter orbit the relevant Skaia too closely.

In this scenario, the shared planets have two heroes assigned to them (one from each session) and one session's Hero of Light and the other session's Hero of Time share the Land of (something, haven't decided what) and Stone Circles, which has lots of Skaiadials.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2020-01-01 at 05:15 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.