New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwannzahkah 2019: HALOed Angel Atop The Tree

[Snack Table - Aside]

Zee gets twirled!

Wee!

She can't help but let a chipper, chirpy giggle escape. Raril just kind of squeezed it out. It's all his fault, clearly.

As soon as her feet are on the ground again she'll pull him into a kiss.

There's no escape!

The kissing business will probably take a few moments, Zee running her fingers along the drow's back.

Once she comes up for air, Zee is quite literally glowing. As in there's a halo of golden-orange light just kind of radiating off her.

"Plans!" she exclaims. "We'll need plans! Where? When? The first time it was at Inari's. Do you want to do something different this time?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snack Table - Aside]

Oh goodness, plans. Raril hadn't given it too much thought. He'd do whatever made her happy. "Inari's is one of the few proper temples around. But if you want to have the wedding somewhere different, we absolutely can."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Snack Table

Creeping on into the party with the next batch of holiday guests is a somewhat unfriendly looking goblin clad in a peculiar and ill-fitting holiday suit. The holiday suit appears uncomfortably tight in some places, while loose in others, its green-and-red color scheme clashing terribly with the plaid stitching pattern. A black sweater is worn underneath the suit, strange bits of glossy black plastic visible just beneath the sweater-stitching, implying a third layer just below. Though average in stature for a goblin, she's unusually muscular, with broad facial features and large, expressive ears.

Dark circles under her eyes suggest poor sleeping habits, and though considerable effort has clearly been made when it comes to the application of various cosmetics, numerous mistakes concerning the goblin's use of lipstick and highlighter suggest a lack of familiarity with the stuff. Her nails are painted black, matching the glossy material upon her lips, and gold piercings hang beneath her nose and ears. A single mole frames the side of her mouth, and her face seems permanently stuck in an expression of dispassionate suspicion.

Before getting too involved in the holiday cheer, she awkwardly wanders over to the snack table before reaching for a plate. As she mindlessly fills her plate with sugary holiday snacks, the goblin glances towards a nearby partygoer before muttering a question in a quiet, raspy tone.

"Uhh, never been to one of these."

"Know where you're supposed to put your gifts? Stuff like that? For... secret santa, something?"

--

Spoiler: Larza, the Goblin (And suit!)
    Show

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Near, but not at, the Snacks]

Mia is a young woman or more she is a teenager. It is easy to say that she is is under the drinking age, since Zee works in Trogs and should have an eye for that. Mia's long amber her is bound together and she wears a wool cap to keep her head warm. Her face is the only part of her body not covered which showes a pale skin likly due to less time in the sun rather then some illness. A long brown jacket covers her upper body and goes down to the knees, while some tight pants cover her legs. She got some rather normal shoes instead of high heels, which might be strange since she is only a bit over 5 feet tall. Her hands are as well covered in some dark gloves which appear very slim, maybe to grab things better.

"Oh, well then it's the best time to do something now. I mean thanksmas is the best time for getting back together with your family, don't you agree?"

[Hanging around]

Yeah he isn't made of needels, but those other decorations aren't as well ;-P Mr. C is easily picked up since he barly has a way to avoid it or a reason to do so.

"The usual I guess. I felt asleep while helping. Normaly people can't tell if I am a toy or not when i sleep. For example I miss eyelids, but wonder why I still can close my eyes. Thanks for the help anyways. Is there maybe something I could do for you? You might have saved me a month or year of been trapped in a decoration box."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Snack Table

Creeping on into the party with the next batch of holiday guests is a somewhat unfriendly looking goblin clad in a peculiar and ill-fitting holiday suit. The holiday suit appears uncomfortably tight in some places, while loose in others, its green-and-red color scheme clashing terribly with the plaid stitching pattern. A black sweater is worn underneath the suit, strange bits of glossy black plastic visible just beneath the sweater-stitching, implying a third layer just below. Though average in stature for a goblin, she's unusually muscular, with broad facial features and large, expressive ears.

Dark circles under her eyes suggest poor sleeping habits, and though considerable effort has clearly been made when it comes to the application of various cosmetics, numerous mistakes concerning the goblin's use of lipstick and highlighter suggest a lack of familiarity with the stuff. Her nails are painted black, matching the glossy material upon her lips, and gold piercings hang beneath her nose and ears. A single mole frames the side of her mouth, and her face seems permanently stuck in an expression of dispassionate suspicion.

Before getting too involved in the holiday cheer, she awkwardly wanders over to the snack table before reaching for a plate. As she mindlessly fills her plate with sugary holiday snacks, the goblin glances towards a nearby partygoer before muttering a question in a quiet, raspy tone.

"Uhh, never been to one of these."

"Know where you're supposed to put your gifts? Stuff like that? For... secret santa, something?"

--

Spoiler: Larza, the Goblin (And suit!)
    Show

Snack Table

Mia is next to the goblin as she is eating the plate she filled for herself. (Description in the Spoiler)

"I guess under the tree is best. I haven't heared of secret santa yet, since there was allways a santa each year." She points first at a chrismas tree with some presents under it and then at the Santa throne with Felindria on it.
    "Unless the person you want to gift is around it should work fine. I already saw some people getting their present already."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Snack Table

The goblin glances upwards slightly towards Mia with a single raised brow, lips pursed slightly as she takes a good look at the teenager. That was quite the coat, it'd have to be ludicrously warm. Who wears coats like that nowadays anyway? What, was she trying to look like some kind of detective? Whatever, at least she was straightforward with her answer. Now was the time to be focused on the 'task' at hand. Larza shakes her head to rid herself of her somewhat irrelevant thoughts, before turning around and leaning up against the snack table, facing Felandria.

Once she takes in the giantess, Larza raises both of her brows in an expression of bewildered awe. "Holy sh*t, who's that supposed to be? She's huge."

--

After a few seconds, however, the goblin glances back down to the presents hidden under the tree, biting her lip subconsciously.

"Oh, I see 'em. Wow. Hey kid, how much is all that worth, you think?"

6. - Top - End - #306

Snack Table

"Felindria is a giant and the hostess as far as I know." Mia replies. "But the Santa can change. It is a bit stange that there wasn't a switch up to now." Mia says appearing slightly confused, but she shrugs and eats up another cookie. The plate wasn't really full to start with and she tries to enjoy every bite.

When the other question comes Mia stops eating and looks at the goblin. One eyebrow up and obviously shocked about the question. A few moments pass befor Mia can gather herself from this question.

"I don't know." she says, since this could still be decoration. "But I would assume you can earn enougth hate to land under a giants feet. or maybe just thrown out at the sea around us."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Snack Table

Larza scoffs here before gently crossing one leg over the other, now fully lounging up against the snack table with both of her arms bent to support her. She blinks a few times before tilting her head to the side, lips still pursed as if inconvenienced somehow. In response to Mia's explanation, the goblin merely guffaws before shaking her head, causing her wiry wine-colored hair to fall over an eye. "Yeah, well, if that's a 'giant' to you people, think what that looks like for someone like me."

"You think she needs to use special doors or something?"

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snack Tables]

Ilpholin is more surprised to see Magtok than she was to see Zee. Zee just kinda came with Raril whenever she was actually around. But Magtok. She nearly drops her plate which would be no good at all. He just sent away the one kid who could clean it up after all, if the food fell on the floor.

Haha, no just kidding. There are plenty of kids around who are probably silly enough to eat off the floor. Silly kids.

"Ah. Uh... You've caught me off guard I'm afraid." Is she allowed to admit that to anyone? Maybe it's just a line. "I'm... Sorry too. About all of it. Of the people there, I should have told you at least. I just... wasn't sure you could keep a secret." The Magtok she remembers, while a friend she did care about on some level, would have used the information in some bid to usurp her role and cause the whole house of cards to come tumbling down prematurely. She could have made some effort though, some bogus secret mission to send him away on or something.

Ilpholin didn't though, so she's been avoiding him instead. Now, too heavy to run away, she can only apologize. And admit he was right. AMEN was no good for anyone, least of all the people that were a part of it. Maybe that's why she's getting so emotional and is blinking back her visible black tears only just barely as she steps forward to grab Magtok in a huge hug. The hugeness is necessary simply because of the belly. "Thank you. Thank you so much," She says, feeling a weight fall off her she forgot was even there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Central Celebratory Area]

Kitsuki's eyebrows shoot up. "That... seems rough." There's some weirdness there that's hard to wrap her head around, but that sounds like a terrible situation... "Sorry." She puts her arm around his shoulder and gives a brief squeeze. "But hey, there's still a chance to make a connection. Sounds like you're putting effort in."

"It's alright. I'm not going to give up. Thanks though." Rein says, leaning into the sideways hug.

He frowns though, with some level of insight rare to him. "Did I ever... apologize for that thing? Back when I found out you were pregnant? I'm sorry." Reinholdt turns to look her in the face when he says this. "I was in a bad spot at the time. Things were getting better, but I was still afraid and overreacted and there's no excuse. Sorry."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #309

Snack Table

Mia looks over to the giant and back to the goblin. Sure she is taller then her, but Mia isn't tall related to other humans.

"I don't think it's that much more of an issue for your kind." Mia replies. She will then continue eating.
    "I think so, but I guess she got a way to get through normal doors as well and if not that, this is the nexus. If land can expand as it pleases then why shouldn't doors do it, too?"

10. - Top - End - #310

[Snack Table - Aside]

Zee rubs the back of her head sheepishly.

"Maybe not Inari's," she says. "I haven't seen any sign of Fenric or Myobi or anyone else in a really long time. It would feel kind of empty there without them, I think."

Last thing she wants is to be longing for lost friends on such a special day.

But it would be EXTRA special if they could find them again, wouldn't it?

"Honestly I'm not sure what a good place to have it would be? Somewhere nice, obviously."

Obviously.

But where?

Maybe somewhere scenic?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

We don't need Persimmon to have fun

Sekhmet notices that Page didn't actually say what her magic was. She must be embarrassed about it, or it might not be something you talk about in polite company. Either way, she wonders what it is. All the unicorn science stuff just goes over her head. Sekhmet also wonders why she feels so tired right now. She hasn't exerted herself much today, and it's not that late is it? She yawns deeply. "Uh, excuse me."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

[Landon and Tuskfang]

"Sure!" Tuskfang nods vigorously. "I think I'll get something for Hornclaw. It's his first Thanksmas. Then we can go see my cousins. They must be preparing for their snowball fight."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snack Table - Aside]

Raril thinks for a moment. "Maybe somewhere outside? The mountains? or maybe the beach?" Raril had an apartment up the coast in Destro is Great. Destro would surely make sure nothing went wrong on their wedding day. He remembered Zee liking the beach, too. Well she liked anywhere wild. Always looking at some sort of bug or fish or bird, or even that newt.

Oh yeah! The newt! Raril makes sure to pick up the cup with the newt in it and carry it with them. He was sure that little guy didn't want to be left down here under the ocean.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Snack Table

Mia looks over to the giant and back to the goblin. Sure she is taller then her, but Mia isn't tall related to other humans.

"I don't think it's that much more of an issue for your kind." Mia replies. She will then continue eating.
    "I think so, but I guess she got a way to get through normal doors as well and if not that, this is the nexus. If land can expand as it pleases then why shouldn't doors do it, too?"
    Larza furrows her brow before flashing a somewhat insulted look up towards Mia again. "Naw, guess it wouldn't seem that way from way up there, huh? Jeez." Rolling her eyes at this point, the goblin will vacate the snack table, leaving behind her plate of food but making off with a human-sized mug of eggnog which she carries in both hands.

Looking around, she'll simply stride towards the first person she sees, an individual who, in this case, just happens to be Raril.

--

She approaches the small gathering somewhat rudely before gesturing with her mug of eggnog towards Felandria. "Hey, you know her?"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2019-12-18 at 11:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snack Table]

Raril was busy smiling at his again bride to be, and is a little confused when approached by the goblin woman. He blinks at her a bit, especially at the loudness of her outfit. "Uh yeah, that's...Felandria? She's Santa Claus right now though. I don't know her personally, just by reputation."

[Landon and Tuskfang]

"Aww man that sounds like fun!" Landon says. He liked things like snowball fights.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snack Table]

Larza frowns towards the drow, setting her mug of eggnog down on the floor before reaching into her coat pocket and retrieving a goblin-sized metal flask. After swiftly (and sloppily) pouring a fraction of the contents of her flask into the mug, she sets the flask away once more before reaching for the eggnog again. As she speaks, she swirls the contents of the mug around with a long, sharp fingernail. "Felandria, yeah, that's what I was hearing from the kid over there. Was hoping for more than a name, though."

The goblin shrugs before taking a deep swig of her eggnog, wincing a little as the contents of her flask mix with the liquid. "Oh, that's a little nasty. I kinda like it, though. Want a sip?" She offers the mug before wiping away a bit of the festive drink from her upper lip.

"Little off topic, though, wasn't we? What can you tell me about her?"

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snack Table]

Raril raises an eyebrow at the goblin. He shakes his head at the offer of a drink. "Rumor says she's the daughter of Zeus, big time thunder god. And I think she's the mayor of Riverside? Owns the Olympian Bar and Arcade, too."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snack Table]

Larza raises a brow before shaking her head as if confused, clearly unimpressed with the first half of the drow's explanation. "Zeus, big time thunder god? Is that someone I'm supposed to know? What kind of name is that? Is it like... an act? Uhh, nevermind, it doesn't matter anyway. The goblin frowns as Raril shakes his head, scoffing a little. "What, flask ain't good enough for you?"

"Pshh... Mayor of Riverside, though, wow, that's something. Didn't really expect that, just by looking at her. She rich or something? Yeah, I bet she is. Look at all this stuff!"

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

Santa Fel

Fel will wave in the direction of Arkant, Mia and Larza.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

20. - Top - End - #320

[Restocking Snack Table]

Holly the Half-ElfTM, having previously come out to check on the snack table, makes a mental list of what needs to be brought out from the kitchen.

Since the party started, she's had time to change out of her floral outfit into a more festive one, although not pink.
    Spoiler: img
    Show

It's a santa-dress with a hood and a belt that's high enough up.

After making the list and checking it twice, she brings snacks and refills out from the kitchen to the tables. Cookies, drinks, more soup, and so on.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #321

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Hanging around]

"Friend of Felandria's." Honeysuckle explains shortly. "So, help out here. Do science and stuff."
    "Can you change color then?"
    [Hanging around -> On parrot duty]

Mr C looks at her with his eyebrows wide up. They are even so wide up they don't connect to his body. Then again someone might ask himself where did the eyebrows come from anyways.

"Changing colors? CHANGING COLORS?????? Are you mocking me?" he says, getting louder as he speaks and then suddendly turning back to a normal voice like nothing happened. "Yeah, of course I can." Honeysuckle might have problems seeing him now, even with her view he appears transparent. he is changing his colors the way things would look without him. it's hard and it might not work well if he has to cover a lot of different angles. "I myself would rather choose a Hyperbeam instead of this. Kind of the same result, just without constantly fearing about your own life."

[Snack Table]

Mia appears slightly confused by the goblin. She doesn't really understand why she is so upset about that. Sure she is a bit taller, but not that much right? Guess she can't find out and for now is not in the mood to clear things.
    When FelSanta waves she waves back, not sure what that is about.

Santa Fel

Arkant will nod at her and step closer, not going for the line the kids use. It appears she got a break now so why not talking to her.

"Good evening Miss." he says "It appears your not fully occupied with mayor duty and owning a bar. Is there any secret behind this or do i maybe just miss something."

22. - Top - End - #322

Snack Tables - AMENites Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Snack Tables]

Ilpholin is more surprised to see Magtok than she was to see Zee. Zee just kinda came with Raril whenever she was actually around. But Magtok. She nearly drops her plate which would be no good at all. He just sent away the one kid who could clean it up after all, if the food fell on the floor.

Haha, no just kidding. There are plenty of kids around who are probably silly enough to eat off the floor. Silly kids.

"Ah. Uh... You've caught me off guard I'm afraid." Is she allowed to admit that to anyone? Maybe it's just a line. "I'm... Sorry too. About all of it. Of the people there, I should have told you at least. I just... wasn't sure you could keep a secret." The Magtok she remembers, while a friend she did care about on some level, would have used the information in some bid to usurp her role and cause the whole house of cards to come tumbling down prematurely. She could have made some effort though, some bogus secret mission to send him away on or something.

Ilpholin didn't though, so she's been avoiding him instead. Now, too heavy to run away, she can only apologize. And admit he was right. AMEN was no good for anyone, least of all the people that were a part of it. Maybe that's why she's getting so emotional and is blinking back her visible black tears only just barely as she steps forward to grab Magtok in a huge hug. The hugeness is necessary simply because of the belly. "Thank you. Thank you so much," She says, feeling a weight fall off her she forgot was even there.
    "You made the right decision. AMEN was like a child for me, Ilph. An awful child, but still mine. If you told me you were trying to kill it, I would've-" The cyborg can feel his voice cracking and immediately clams up. He has to get those stupid feelings under control; it'll look ridiculous if they're both in tears over this foolish nonsense. He disengages from the hug, trying to find his way back to a more dignified, neutral emotional state.

"Anyway, I'm sure you'll make a great mother, and I'm sorry it took until Zee telling me you were pregnant for this stupid mutual apology thing to happen. I've been off-world for around five years now, so I'm a little behind on everything and don't know how everything else is going, but if you ever need help, just-" Yuletok shoots a glance towards the other clone, who still has no idea he's here. Hrm. If Ilpholin goes to that guy, he'll be completely flummoxed and have no idea what Ilpholin's talking about, because he wasn't there for any of it. On the other hand, for entirely valid safety reasons, we really shouldn't be telling everyone we talk to about the space fleet, so what's Ilpholin supposed to do if by some weird twist of fate, she comes across a situation where a Magtok would actually be useful?

"Hrm. Okay here, a second present," Yuletok sighs, reaching into his pocket and producing...yay, a new cellphone! Well...it's from 2014, so it's not exactly new, and someone's saved around 250 MB's worth of memes and catgirl smut to the Photos app, but it's not a phone Ilpholin owned five seconds ago, so at least in that respect, it's kind of a new phone, right? The screen's only a tiny bit scuffed in the bottom-left corner, which is also pretty good for a five year old phone. "There's a phone number in there saved under the contact 'Ackbar 3.' That's me, for reasons that I really don't feel like explaining right now. Please don't bother with that other Magtok, the one at the MagCave; I'm technically not supposed to be here and he's not going to know we had this conversation for at least a few months, so you'll have to do this whole emotional reconnecting thing all over again and nobody has the time for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"It's alright. I'm not going to give up. Thanks though." Rein says, leaning into the sideways hug.

He frowns though, with some level of insight rare to him. "Did I ever... apologize for that thing? Back when I found out you were pregnant? I'm sorry." Reinholdt turns to look her in the face when he says this. "I was in a bad spot at the time. Things were getting better, but I was still afraid and overreacted and there's no excuse. Sorry."

"Hey, don't worry about it." Kitsuki shrugs. "It's fine, really. I know about being in bad spots. That's why we were both at Glog, right? It was years ago and I'm so over it. Promise. Besides, it was your loss." She winks, trying to lighten the mood.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Restocking Snack Table]

Holly the Half-ElfTM, having previously come out to check on the snack table, makes a mental list of what needs to be brought out from the kitchen.

Since the party started, she's had time to change out of her floral outfit into a more festive one, although not pink.
    Spoiler: img
    Show

It's a santa-dress with a hood and a belt that's high enough up.

After making the list and checking it twice, she brings snacks and refills out from the kitchen to the tables. Cookies, drinks, more soup, and so on.
    Larza waves back towards Felandria at the center of the room before glancing impatiently towards Raril, showing a complete disregard for the drow's response as she becomes distracted with the approaching half-elf. The goblin rests her hands upon her hips before looking Holly over once or twice, nodding a little here and there. "Ugh! Love the dress, looking festive, love it." She shakes her head as she glances down at Holly's lower half, however, frowning a little.

"No stockings though? They've got candy cane ones for like, nothing these days."

25. - Top - End - #325

[Snack Table - Restocking]

"Thanks!" says the half-human woman. She, of course, gives a little twirl to show off the dress. "I actually got it recently, so this is my first time wearing it."

But, yes, she's not wearing stockings. She holds one of her legs out, a little, to look at it as well. "I...you're right, I don't have any. Forgot to buy some," and she figured nobody would notice anyway. And she doesn't usually wear them, so it didn't even cross her mind at first. "You think a candy cane one would look good with this, though?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblin giggles a little as Holly twirls, enjoying the display but rolling her dark brown eyes at the half-elf's enthusiastic thank you. "Naw, don't sweat it. If the getup was ugly, I woulda told you, girl to girl." She takes another sip from her heavy mug of special 'eggnog', shivering as the noxious alcoholic drink passes through. "Looks nice, for a first time wear. You get it online or something? I always try my sh*t on, first. Guess it's probably easier to find stuff that fits you people, though." For a split second, Larza appears a little off-put by Holly's gratuitous display of leg. In truth, she was half-suspecting to see the telltale strap of a handheld there, much like the one she wore.

Of course, it was hard to remember that not everyone was as paranoid as she was. The goblin blinks a few times before continuing. "Yeah, I can tell. No worries, though, you got nice-lookin' legs for an elf. But yeah, always go for stockings. Helps with the cold, too. I do a lot of night work, so."

At Holly's final statement, she scoffs. "Yeah, sure! It'd look festive or whatever. Tis the season, etc."

27. - Top - End - #327

Right, that was a little too much leg, Holly realizes. She puts her foot back down. "Right, yeah, I guess it would help," she says. "Cold weather's awful, so...I should have thought of that sooner." And, "Thanks" for the compliment.

Don't worry, though: Holly keeps her weapons somewhere else. Granted, one dagger is usually kept on her leg, but it's also usually too high to see in polite company anyway. And she didn't lift her leg that far. Granted, at Larza's height she would proportionally be able to see farther than Holly had intended, simply because the Half-Elf didn't think about that.

"I used to make my own things," she says, "but just buying them is so easy and I've been getting busy, I've fallen out of that habit. Haven't tried buying things online yet; just got it from a store in Mallside." But if she did buy it online, it could still fit anyway because finding clothes that fit is really easy when you can resize yourself if necessary.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Larza leans back comfortably against the snack table once more, reaching back to retrieve a cookie off a passerby's plate before dunking it into her mug and simply leaving it there. "Oh yeah, especially in latex hexweave. Or plasteel n'velour. Or rubber, rubber's the worst! I've a gal I know who makes most of my professional gear by hand, so it's not usually too bad, she knows what I like." At this point, she retrieves her stolen confectionery from within the depths of her eggnog, exposing rows of sharp white teeth as she bites down on the soggy cookie.

"But yeah, you said you used to make your own stuff? Where'd you learn that sh*t? Most of these people seem rich, not really... worker types."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2019-12-20 at 01:07 AM.

29. - Top - End - #329

Soggy cookies aren't as good as less-soggy ones.

Shrugging, she says, "Before the Nexus, I came from a world where you had to do things for yourself." Or, rather, there were seamstresses but they either charged too much or weren't willing to do business with her. "So, after enough practice, it started to look good eventually."

Looking around at the not-worker-types around the party, Holly says, "Yeah, some of the people here look well-off. Or, at least, decent-off."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

In a large and unflattering bite, Larza finishes off what's left of her all-too-soggy cookie before continuing to speak, drowning out every last crumb with a further dose of alcoholic eggnog. "Before the Nexus? Ha, I was born here myself, for what good it's done me. Yup, Nexus born and raised, I guess." The goblin shrugs afterwards before glancing out at the other guests, lips pursed in a sign of disapproval. "Yeah. They do. It's what drew me here, you know. I only just learned about the party from a... a client. " She chuckles a little to herself before continuing, taking another sip.

"Wasn't gonna go, but you know, can't turn away free sh*t now can you? Oh, what did you say your name was?"