New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwannzahkah 2019: HALOed Angel Atop The Tree

Infirmary

The power of science is sufficient to put out the fire. It may be using Sekhmet's magic for fuel, but it still needs oxygen to burn. The process also seems to shock Sekhmet awake, although all she can manage is to start to sit up before being interrupted by another fit of coughing up blood.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

[Landon & Tuskfang]

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    Tuskfang will meet 7 year old Landon at the hot cocoa dispenser. "Hi! I think I remember you from a few Thanksmases ago. You've gotten bigger!" The young half-drow grins, revealing slight fangs. Landon hadn't gotten much taller, and was about average for his age.

Sszinyon observes the interaction from a distance. He pets a passing wolf and searches for something to drink for himself. Mulled wine sounded nice.
    Tuskfang looks up at the older boy as his face scrunches in thought.

"Um, I don't remember you. I must have been very little then," he says. "But you've got teeth like mine!" He grins, displaying his own wolfish teeth.

In the meantime, something scurries around his legs. It seems to be some kind of bipedal lizard-gremling creature with horns and large eyes.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Geneva winces when more blood coughing happens.

~I'm so sorry Sekhmet I knew this might not work I should have been more careful,~ the mew laments.

It was Sekhmet's choice to go through with it even though she knew there was a risk.

Doesn't mean Geneva isn't going to stop feeling bad about it.

~Try to hold still, you're in the infirmary.~

[In Search of a Hatless Cat]

Oh hey look Zee is here.

With a tray of Thanksmas sweets to share! Little festively colored plates covered in clear plastic wrap and tied up with little ribbons. She has her usual outfit on, though with the addition of a really nice forest-green scarf. That's new!

"Y'know, I think the last time I was here it was to deliver brownies," Zee muses aloud as she begins searching for people to dispense Thanksmas Cheer to. "I think that was in the hydra-phase. Guh... K'Rax put me through so many weird things."

Weird things indeed. But thankfully she's free of those particular strings. Free to pursue her own goals and adventures in life!

Such as?

Looking for a certain Russian Blue because she promised him a magical hat for Thanksmas. It's tucked under her arm right now in a nice little hat-box tied with a bit of silver ribbon. Zee is nothing if not reliable when it comes to her promises.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2019-11-29 at 03:50 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir and Koshal]

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Koshal arrives, looking for Wenomir. He has been convinced that he needs to stop wearing armor to holidays, so he’s dressed in a very normal green coat. Wenomir might notice that Koshal’s coat under his face is grown out very slightly, like Krayger does this time of year, only he’s too young for it to properly resemble facial hair. He’s carrying a small bag with him, and Faye is dressed in a red cap.
    ”Hi Master Wenomir! Happy Thanksmas!” he says cheerily as he spots his instructor.
    "Happy Thanksmas to you as well, Koshal," Wenomir says, smiling warmly. People familiar with him might be surprised to see this expression on his face. "It's been a while since I last visited HALO. And I see Faye is looking festive as well."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwannzahkah 2019: HALOed Angel Atop The Tree

[Santa's Throne]

"Hi Santa." says Gara cheerily, well used to the incarnations of Santa changing after living her whole life in the Nexus.
    "So I need help. My friend got turned into the bad kind of faerie and I need to get her to show up so I can help her with Civvy magic. Do you have anything for helping a naughty faerie show up where you want? Someone offered me information but he was too sketchy." And everyone knows Santa isn't sketchy.

[Wenomir and Koshal]

Faye gives Wenomir a BOOF in ackknowledgement.
    "Yeah, I haven't actually been here before. Lot of polished floors." Koshal says, looking down at the floor with some trepidation.
    "Was there anything you wanted to see while we're here, Master?"
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

[New Arrivals]

Hey look it's more people!

The first to arrive is Kal, the dark-skinned tiefling looking festive and gay in a positively princely outfit of regal winter blue, with a gold-trimmed, fur lined jacket, and a crown of evergreens, holly, ivy, oak, birch, and yew. He's holding a large orange, pierced with cloves, and, as an added note of mischief, has a sprig of mistletoe dangling from the end of his tail, just under the pointed-arrow tip.

Next to arrive is an androgynous, pale-skinned dark elf wearing glossy thigh-high boots, and a festive red vest. They look around with an anxious, somewhat distracted air, fiddling with the buttons of their vest nervously.

Third, it's Rain, also looking very festive with a Thanksmas wreath around her head, and a short fluffy santa dress and tall boots. She's carrying her harp again, which has again been decorated with ivy, mistletoe, holly, and tinsel.

The last to arrive, looking very timid indeed, is Jazirian, though his outfit belies his shy nature. He's wearing an absolutely enormous fluffy pink sweater, that goes well past his hands and down his thighs, over a mismatched pair of bright Thanksmassy thigh-high socks (one red and green striped, and patterned with holly wreaths, Thanksmas trees, Santa Clauses and prancing deer; the other light blue and patterned with snowflakes and snowmen). A festive little ribbon has been wrapped around the middle of one horn. He quickly heads for the cocoa dispensers, burying himself into a giant mug of steaming hot spiced cocoa, topped with whipped cream and marshmallows and freshly ground nutmeg.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-11-29 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Pink!

Cheasadh nods and will attempt to help carry a box. If said box has anything more than tinsel in it, she may struggle; she's small and not particularly strong. But she's also going to start wrapping the tree with tinsel, too. "Do you know Civvy? You look like you should know Civvy." They're both pink and fluffy, and Cheasadh has a feeling that Nurse would appeal to Civvy just as much as Nurse appeals to Cheasadh.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

[Pink!]

Brinika peers at Nurse, cogs turning into her little head. Waaaait. She does look like she has to do with Civvy, given the amount of pink. And Gara said...

"Are you Nurse? Gara said she met a pink fox-lady with lots of tails."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

New Arrivals

It seems Rain isn't the only one who might be placing style above being dressed for the weather; Cantata's here too, dolled up in her nicest red dress and undoubtedly risking a chill considering the degree of chest left on display. A cropped green parka seems to take care of that problem nicely for her bared back and shoulders... but even in combination with some cute boots and fleecy tights, she still arrives with rosy cheeks and clear relief at somewhere warm. Stepping off the shuttle with a spring in her step and a cheery glimmer in her eyes, she passes by the dark elf with a smile, greeting them with a slight wave of the fingers as she slows. Noting the nervous air, she points to their vest and shifts the gesture into a congenial thumbs up.

Meanwhile, a much less chipper figure steps into the scene, laced-up boots dusting snow across the entry floor. Parties were never much of Blanche's thing, but this year's locale made her a tad less eager to show - after all, visiting HALO meant a risk of bumping into her dad flirting with some damsel... or worse, eager to actually hang out and catch up on things.

And no one wants that kind of awkwardness ruining their holiday, least of all her.

But, Thanksmas also meant presents, random folks granting wishes from that fancy little throne that always cropped up wherever the Nexus needed it. And having lost that treasured rifle of hers so recently, it only seemed logical to try and wish it back. So now the catgirl's here, clad in her warmest jeans and coziest sweater under that ubiquitous jacket of hers, moving a tad bit too serious and focused for the yuletide event around her.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

[Landon and Tuskfang]

"I'm Landon Endrikson Xar'Cha." He says proudly. "I don't remember your name though, either. I just remember you smelled wolfy." Then this lizard thing appeared. "Whoah what's that!?" Landon asks, excited.

Sszinyon spots Blanche stepping out of a shuttle. She was too serious for the festivities and that stuck out to him. He was pretty serious himself, but that was expected of the drow/vampire/werewolf. His red eyes bore into her as she walks past.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

Oh hey look Zee is here.

With a tray of Thanksmas sweets to share! Little festively colored plates covered in clear plastic wrap and tied up with little ribbons. She has her usual outfit on, though with the addition of a really nice forest-green scarf. That's new!

"Y'know, I think the last time I was here it was to deliver brownies," Zee muses aloud as she begins searching for people to dispense Thanksmas Cheer to. "I think that was in the hydra-phase. Guh... K'Rax put me through so many weird things."

Weird things indeed. But thankfully she's free of those particular strings. Free to pursue her own goals and adventures in life!

Such as?

Looking for a certain Russian Blue because she promised him a magical hat for Thanksmas. It's tucked under her arm right now in a nice little hat-box tied with a bit of silver ribbon. Zee is nothing if not reliable when it comes to her promises.

There is no hatless cat! Well there might be. Just not in HALO at the moment. There is a hatless Reinholdt who happens to currently be shapeshifted into his sexy humanoid fey form.

It's purely for practical reasons, of course. He is juggling some Thanksmas presents of his own. Three of them in fact. While he could theoretically hold them as a cat if he had the upper body strength, they would still be piled higher than his head and he wouldn't be able to see where he was going.

And that would be no good at all.

He does see Zee though and half wave at her, nearly dropping a box in the process, but saving it at the last minute. "Hey Zee. Happy Thanksmasnewyearskwannzahkah. Glad you could make it. You haven't seen a blond catgirl or a kitsune around, have you? Five tails."

"... The kitsune. I don't think I know of any multi-tailed catgirls."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-11-30 at 05:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #102

"Hey Rein! I've got a gift for you!" she begins, only to get immediately distracted. "I guess if you're dealing with an oriental fae cat they have forked tails sometime? I don't think that really counts as multiple tails though. Maybe one and a half tails?"

Zee wrinkles her lips in thought at the actual question. "No, I don't think so. I just got here. Though..."

She glances up at the... ceiling?

No, that isn't quite right. She's looking at something almost, but not wholly, completely unlike up.

"Yeah, blond catgirl? Blanche? With only one, non-forked tail. She's here, a [New Arrival(s)], actually. Her location and surroundings aren't really that well defined, though. I can't tell where she actually is. Probably near either the shuttles or teleporter?"

She stands there in thoughtful silence for a few seconds, then seems to recall why she came here in the first place.

"Oh! Right! Here!" she holds out the hat-box to Rein. "For you. Merry Thanksmasnewyearskwannzahkah! I hope you like it."

She watches with eager anticipation for Rein to open the box. And when he does? Inside is a nice warm ushanka that matches his coat color with a little blue star on the front.

"It's a magical hat! It helps neutralize poison, since drinking so much must be hard on your liver. And it helps keep you warm!"

A beat.

"Y'know. Magically. More than a normal fluffy hat would."

Zee's pretty happy with the hat. A Magical Hats section had popped up on her third consecutive visit to Fluxmart, which had turned out to be pretty fortuitous.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2019-11-30 at 12:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Arrivals]

Honesysuckle starts to say something, but then people start arriving in earnest. So she just gives Jack a wave and moves on.

Here's a cookie for Wenomir.
    And a cookie for Koshal.
    And one for Kal. Is that mistletoe? Oh, but it's not overhead. What a shame.
    And the nameless elf.
    And a cookie for Rain.
    And...oh that other guy got away too fast.
    And one for Cantata.
    And one for the grumpy catgirl!

"Merry Thanksmas, everyone!"

Spike teleports in and heads straight for the [Infirmary]
    The half-'angel' has a bottle in her left hand and her white-feathery wings raised up nervously.
    Of course Sekhmet had to blow herself up and make this so much more complicated. Poor gullible kid.
    "Sekhmet? They taking good care of you?" Says Spike with what is definitely her own voice and not a synthesizer.

If you look very closely at Spike, you can see that she's not actually a glorious feathery angel, but rather has weird buggy parts. Like Sekhmet, but even more so. But why would you bother when there's more important things to do?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Sekhmet mentally reaches out to Geneva and Spike, clinging to them like a frightened child. "Keep thinking. It's so empty in here." Her voice has a sense of profound lonliness to it. The nurse's ward is blocking her connection to the hive; she's more alone now than she's been in over a month. "It hurts to breathe. It's all right, Geneva. You, uh, did what you could."

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Catie nods and fetches a notebook and a small plastic bottle.
    "All right, can you two give me a quick description of what happened and what symptoms occurred?" she asks nervously.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

[Landon and Tuskfang]

"Oh right. I'm Tuskfang! Tuskfang Trollfinger," the small wolf-goblin says. "I smell wolfy because I'm half-Wolfen," he declares proudly. He then looks down at the critter and picks it up. "This is Hornclaw, my pet crundle!" The lizard-gremlin looks at Landon as Tuskfang holds him up and makes a croaking sound.

[Wenomir and Koshal]

"Last time I was here... well, it was when Watchtower and HALO merged into Vigil and before... it all broke." He waves his hand as if to banish unpleasant thoughts. "I don't know if there's anything in particular I want to see, but first things first... I have something for you and Faye." He holds out the small package he's holding to Koshal.

17. - Top - End - #107

NinjaGuy

[New Arrivals]

Cantata and Rain aren't the only ones not dressed for the weather. A certain blonde reploid steps off the lift, wearing a short, tight, bright red dress, with fur around the hem of the miniskirt and lining the opening showing off her cleavage. A green hat with red pom-poms is on her head, and she's wearing a set of high-heeled boots that show off her legs, as if the dress wasn't enough.

Electra looks around, a bit nervous, but not because of her attire. Parties around these holidays were discouraged in her home dimension, for a number of reasons, but she's finally gotten the courage to come to this one this year. Hopefully nothing bad will happen while she's here.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

[Landon and Tuskfang]

"Cool!" Landon declares. "Can I pet him? Does he bite? Is he poisonous? My father has a pet viper that's super poisonous."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Arriving Via Teleporter

The teleporter activates in a flash of white snow as a snowbomb is used the moment the teleportation activates. Jezebel hadn't warned Cessie in the least that she'd be using such, but there was much that she hadn't given any forewarning about. Particularly in the next couple minutes. Jezebel bursts out of the swirling fresh powder, grinning broadly as she literally skates forward on boots enchanted to act like ice skates. She's dressed for the occasion, wearing furlined boots, a pair of jeans, a nice deep red and brown Thanksmas turtleneck sweater(complete with the picture of a steaming cup of hot chocolate plastered on the front), and a bright red Thanksmas hat. She skates forward, halts, spins in place and slowly skates back to where Cessie is. She doesn't say hello, salutations, or greet anyone present. Instead, she does something she hasn't done for a rather long time and begins to sing.

"It's a Marshmallow world in the winter
    When the snow comes to cover the ground.
    It's time to play, it's a whipped cream day
    I wait for it the whole year 'round!"

Possibly much to Cessie's embarrassment, Jezebel sings as loud as she can while holding a note and makes it quite clear that she's singing to or about the mage she arrived with. The lavender woman slips Cessie to wrap her arms around her from behind, but she keeps singing regardless, hoping that the mage was taken off guard enough to allow the display to happen.

"Those are marshmallow clouds bein' friendly
    In the arms of the evergreen trees.
    And the Sun is red, like a Serv'tor head.
    It's shining so your nose won't freeze."

As she sings, she keeps the mage close and as she has to bend over a bit to hug Cessie from behind and rest her chin on her shoulder, Jezebel swings her own hips from side to side to emphasize being friendly. Her smile shows absolutely no shame about the singing either. Eventually she relents and flops back onto the snow she brought with her, interrupting her discourse with the mildest of grunts from the impact. Once she lands, she scoops up some of the snow in a hand and squeezes it into a snowball to toss up and down in the air as she gets back up to her feet.

"Oh the World is your snowball, see how it grows.
    That's how it goes, wherever it snows.
    The World is your snowball, just for a song
    So get out, and roll it along!"

She tosses the snowball over her shoulder, an outright terrible attempt at rolling it, but Jezebel had more important matters to attend to such as skating back behind Cessie once more in order to try and lift her up and carry her onward. She tries to carry the mage away from the teleporter and to any crowd there is while she continues to sing. If any verse was going to get her slapped, this one was going to be it. There'd be certainly no hiding things afterward, but Jezebel felt that perhaps the time had passed.

"Ohhh...it's a yum-yummy world made for sweethearts!
    Take a walk with your favorite gal!
    It's a sugar date, what if Spring is late?
    In Winter it's a marshmallow worrrrld!"

There isn't any hint of embarrassment or shame on Jezebel's face when she finishes up and sets Cessie back down on her feet. The song would likely have been almost entirely innocent if sang by anyone else, but given Jezebel's reputation it was more than likely hiding a double and triple meaning. There was still a chance that she didn't mean anything by it, but that wouldn't have been any fun.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

[Landon and Tuskfang]

"He's not poisonous," Tuskfang says, holding up the crudle for the other boy. The critter chitters as he waves his stumpy limbs in the air. It looks like he normally has long claws that were clipped. "And we've been teaching him not to bite, so you can pet him."

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Pink!

Cheasadh nods and will attempt to help carry a box. If said box has anything more than tinsel in it, she may struggle; she's small and not particularly strong. But she's also going to start wrapping the tree with tinsel, too. "Do you know Civvy? You look like you should know Civvy." They're both pink and fluffy, and Cheasadh has a feeling that Nurse would appeal to Civvy just as much as Nurse appeals to Cheasadh.
    Pink!

Fortunately, the box only really has some tinsel and a few lights. Nurse smiles happy, thrilled at just how adorable Cheasadh is, and how much she wants to help!
    Adorable!
    "I do, yes! She and I go for tea fairly frequently. She's a good person. I'm glad you've gotten to meet her too."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Pink!]

Brinika peers at Nurse, cogs turning into her little head. Waaaait. She does look like she has to do with Civvy, given the amount of pink. And Gara said...

"Are you Nurse? Gara said she met a pink fox-lady with lots of tails."
    Pink!

"That's me!" Nurse admits, looking over to Brinika with that same smile. "Is a pleasure to meet you!"

As they talk, they rapidly approach the tree! Since it really wasn't too far away at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Spike teleports in and heads straight for the [Infirmary]
    The half-'angel' has a bottle in her left hand and her white-feathery wings raised up nervously.
    Of course Sekhmet had to blow herself up and make this so much more complicated. Poor gullible kid.
    "Sekhmet? They taking good care of you?" Says Spike with what is definitely her own voice and not a synthesizer.

If you look very closely at Spike, you can see that she's not actually a glorious feathery angel, but rather has weird buggy parts. Like Sekhmet, but even more so. But why would you bother when there's more important things to do?
    Nurse frowns at the newcomer. In part frustrated at more people simply appearing into her sealed off, clean, secured Infirmary.
    "We are doing our best, please stay back."

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Infirmary

Sekhmet mentally reaches out to Geneva and Spike, clinging to them like a frightened child. "Keep thinking. It's so empty in here." Her voice has a sense of profound lonliness to it. The nurse's ward is blocking her connection to the hive; she's more alone now than she's been in over a month. "It hurts to breathe. It's all right, Geneva. You, uh, did what you could."
    Infirmary

And from there, Nurse does some gentle poking. At first, trying to apply juuuust a bit of holy energy, to see if that would do the healing it's supposed to do. Assuming it does help heal things, she will slooowly ramp it up, letting things heal and set correctly.
    If it doesn't heal, then she will attempt a slightly different wavelength of holy energy, scaling from Good to Neutral to Unholy to just super, super tiny, non-painful amounts, just to find out what actually would work and help cure the wound.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

The holy power, while effective at healing Sekhmet's wounds, clearly pains her. She twists and moans until it is shifted to neutral power, at which point she calms down and heals properly. Once she's done coughing up blood, she starts to carefully sit up. Nurse is free to tend to other matters.

Then, seconds later, an "Eeeek!" sounds out as Sekhmet realizes that she's completely naked and surrounded by people. She quickly pulls the bedsheet up to cover herself. "Where are my clothes? What happened?" she thinks at Spike and Geneva. Seconds later, she realizes that her body has changed as well, slightly. As she catches a glimpse of the back of her hands, she notices that the chitinous armor there and on her forearms has spread further, become thinner and more flexible, and gained delicate traceries in fiery colors and shapes across its surface. A quick glance under the sheet confirms for her that a similar transformation has taken place in the armor around her midsection. "And how did this happen?"

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #113

[Infirmary]

If there's one thing you learn trying to survive in the Wasteland, it is to obsessively hoard just about everything.

Geneva produces a woman's outfit from her inventory spell and levitates it over to Sekhmet. A black, backless, 20s style flapper dress with a matching hat and shoes. It's clean, old, kind of fancy, and slightly too big. But it's better than nothing.

~You caught on fire when you tried to cut the link,~ Geneva says, casting a sidelong glance at Spike. ~I think you would probably be able to do it, but it would take training. Your psychic abilities are unrefined.~

The armor is given a quizzical glance.

~Some kind of evolution, maybe? A reaction to stress? It's hard to guess without more data.~

Everyone loves data!

~I think maybe we should go see Santa. I'll... ask for something that actually fits you. This was my fault.~

Poor guilty Geneva.

~Are you able to walk?~
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2019-12-01 at 06:31 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

Pink!

"I'm glad I got to meet her, too. She's a lovely person." Cheasadh nods, and starts to put some tinsel on the tree. She's starting near the bottom, since she's short.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

25. - Top - End - #115

Arriving Via Teleporter

Cessie arrives at the same time as Jezebel, trying not to think too hard about the teletransport paradox as this was not a mean of transportation that she was used to.
    She is dressed in one of her usual wholesome dresses, though this one in a garnet red coloration. The cloak and hood she's wearing along with it is in a much more bright and cheerful shade of red however which fits with the season better.

She pulls down the hood and looks around HALO. But just as she's about to tell her partner how nice HALO had managed to set everything up, Jezebel suddenly skates away. Leaving Cessie blinking in confusion. Could Jezebel just do that now?

Then the singing starts and Cessie suddenly recalls one of the few other times she's heard her partners singing voice, back when she was with Harnel watching Jezebel perform in Maglog.
    That was an mental image she really wanted to get out of her head as soon as possible as it shouldn't be mixed with this season. But that was easier said than done as Jezebel was still singing and skating right towards her. While her thoughts had been going all over the place at the start she now became accutely aware that Jezebel was singing about her once she wrapped her arms around her. From anyone else this would have triggered all the sorceress panic buttons but now she was blushing. In public.

She started to wish she had kept her hood pulled down now.

Once Jezebel let's go, Cessie for a split second figured that was it, but then the song just kept going and with it she kept blushing. Trying to maintain some semblance of control she turns towards Jezebel only to see the former daemon coming skating towards her and pick her up in one swoop. This was almost a bit much but miracolously Cessie didn't fall over dead despite Jezebel now carrying her into the middle of a crown, even though a part of her wished she did.

No, instead all the snow around Jezebel and Cessie, no doubt underneath the feet of the crowd, instantly melts as the air suddenly feel dry as a desert tomb. Like all the moisture just disappeared.
    "Um..." Is the only word she can find.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Firbolg in the Playground

Infirmary
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Geneva tried to cut off your telepathic connections like you said. You caught on fire and were too wounded to do anything so they took you here.
    We're here with you. Just let them do the healing, and I have a potion if you need that too.
    Spike nervously watches the others; Sekhmet is not good at prioritizing under pressure yet. Anything could happen.
    But it doesn't seem like she needs to mount a rescue.

Later, she's a little less worried.
    Whatever happened to your plating you must have done yourself. You have to let us take a look at it!
    Whenever Sekhmet gets dressed and out of here, she'll try to give the tiefling a hug and lead her back down towards Thanksmas proper.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

[Landon and Tuskfang]

Landon reaches up to pet the crundle. He's careful to stay away from the mouth because 'teaching' is not the same as 'knowing'.

"He's so cool. I wonder if father would let me get a pet. There's lots of wolves around the castle but that's kinda not the same." Landon explains. "They're sorta family?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

(Leaving) Infirmary

"I think I can." Sekhmet takes the outfit and gets dressed. She leaves off the hat; it wouldn't fit right with her long hair. She also gives the shoes a quizzical look before putting them on. She's seen high heels before, but never worn them. There's never been a need. She stands as best she can, stumbling equally from being weakened and from the unfamiliar heeled shoes. She briefly returns Spike's hug, but she also catches Geneva's expression. "It's okay. Spike's a friend." Sekhmet staggers awkwardly towards the door to leave. One of the others might need to catch her once or twice while she gets her footing.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #119

[Too Many Telepaths]

Geneva could say something biting.

She could.

But she doesn't.

It wouldn't help the situation.

Any catching Geneva does will be psychokinetic since she's a bit on the small side.

~Sorry this Thanksmas party got off to such a rocky start,~ Geneva says apologetically. ~Do you want to go get some snacks? Maybe talk to Santa?~

Talking to Santa could be handy.

He or she might have gifts!

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Santa's Throne]

"Hi Santa." says Gara cheerily, well used to the incarnations of Santa changing after living her whole life in the Nexus.
    "So I need help. My friend got turned into the bad kind of faerie and I need to get her to show up so I can help her with Civvy magic. Do you have anything for helping a naughty faerie show up where you want? Someone offered me information but he was too sketchy." And everyone knows Santa isn't sketchy.
    The completely not sketchy Felandria Claus considers the request and searches through the bag, eventually pulling out a scroll.

She takes a look at the writing and nods.

This scroll should be able to summon her to your location.

If Civvy magic is what you need, I would suggest taking the scroll to her in her realm, unless she’s here somewhere.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre