Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwannzahkah 2019: HALOed Angel Atop The Tree

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [In Search of a Hatless Cat]

"Hey Rein! I've got a gift for you!" she begins, only to get immediately distracted. "I guess if you're dealing with an oriental fae cat they have forked tails sometime? I don't think that really counts as multiple tails though. Maybe one and a half tails?"

Zee wrinkles her lips in thought at the actual question. "No, I don't think so. I just got here. Though..."

She glances up at the... ceiling?

No, that isn't quite right. She's looking at something almost, but not wholly, completely unlike up.

"Yeah, blond catgirl? Blanche? With only one, non-forked tail. She's here, a [New Arrival(s)], actually. Her location and surroundings aren't really that well defined, though. I can't tell where she actually is. Probably near either the shuttles or teleporter?"

She stands there in thoughtful silence for a few seconds, then seems to recall why she came here in the first place.

"Oh! Right! Here!" she holds out the hat-box to Rein. "For you. Merry Thanksmasnewyearskwannzahkah! I hope you like it."

She watches with eager anticipation for Rein to open the box. And when he does? Inside is a nice warm ushanka that matches his coat color with a little blue star on the front.

"It's a magical hat! It helps neutralize poison, since drinking so much must be hard on your liver. And it helps keep you warm!"

A beat.

"Y'know. Magically. More than a normal fluffy hat would."

Zee's pretty happy with the hat. A Magical Hats section had popped up on her third consecutive visit to Fluxmart, which had turned out to be pretty fortuitous.

[In Search of a Hatless Cat]

"She is?" Reinholdt perks up almost immediately. As perked as someone without a particularly excitable disposition can be without the aid of drugs anyways. "That's great, thank you!" It shouldn't be too hard to find her.

He glances at the offered box and back up to Zee. "Oh you didn't have to..." Rein didn't get her anything! Even if that is just part of giving gifts, it will never not be awkward.

Still, Rein puts down his current load in order to accept the box. After instinctively checking it for hidden mechanisms and trap slits, he opens it. There's a few moment as he processes what's inside during Zee's explanation before he replies. "Zee, I didn't mean... That's not..." Rein's words fall away upon another look at Zee's face.

Instead, they fade into a genuine, warm smile. "... Thank you Zee. This is one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever gotten." Another example being a blowpipe. Rein'll just have to take it out and try it on.

[Now Arriving]

Choosing to take the shuttles over the teleporters due to her condition, Ilpholin arrives at Thanksmas, stepping out of the shuttle bay. Stepping may be a strong term. Waddling might be more appropriate given the gravid size of her belly. At least she well fits the red Santa outfit she wears. One she chose purely out of practicality over her preferred barely dressed ribbon outfits. The nymph seems well into her third trimester and it was a challenge even convincing her VIGIL bodyguard(s) to let her out of the house. Not that they could have stopped her.

Looking around, Ilpholin swiftly decides this is too much. Pink highlights or trim for an outfit maybe, but as the primary decorative color? She was much more partial to purple and would never admit this amount of pink could ever be considered appealing. Out loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

[Santa’s Throne]

”I am a cleric of Lady Civiron herself! I don’t need to be in her realm to help people.” Gara says proudly.
    ”But thank you, Santa. That’s exactly what I need.”
    Off she goes.
    Summoning Rey is still more direct than she’d like.
    Rey I will literally let you pick whatever location you want. I went and got myself divine protection just so I could see you safely. I want to see my friend.
    Gara believes that Maph was telling the truth that it won’t work. But she has to try and be direct, or just summoning her friend with Thanksmas magic will look really mean-spirited. But she’s still annoyed enough that she’s actually texting with full grammar.

Wenomir and Koshal

Koshal’s eyes go wide.
    ”Aw, thank you Master. You didn’t need to get me anything.” says the squire, who opens the package anyway. He didn’t get anything for Wenomir this year. Mostly because his last present and his gifts for others have drained the very small salary he gets for being an underage squire.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Sekhmet and Friend]
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "I think I can." Sekhmet takes the outfit and gets dressed. She leaves off the hat; it wouldn't fit right with her long hair. She also gives the shoes a quizzical look before putting them on. She's seen high heels before, but never worn them. There's never been a need. She stands as best she can, stumbling equally from being weakened and from the unfamiliar heeled shoes. She briefly returns Spike's hug, but she also catches Geneva's expression. "It's okay. Spike's a friend." Sekhmet staggers awkwardly towards the door to leave. One of the others might need to catch her once or twice while she gets her footing.
    Spike catches Sekhmet with her hands when she falls and props her back up.
    And everything is normal out here. We all heal really quickly, so you should be walking better any minute. Except the silly shoes. Something flickers through Spike's telepathy, a memory of a memory of a memory of a memory, of someone important in shoes like that. Years ago, when they set out to...wherever...whoever that is was....

You're doing very well. Even with her foolish, risky actions, Sekhmet has uncovered valuable data.

Why don't we go get the traditional gifts? She leads Sekhmet that way, off towards Santa!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Too Many Telepaths Visit Santa

"Santa sounds good." Sekhmet thinks. She hobbles in that direction. "Geneva, it's not your fault. I chose it." As she walks, she slowly stabilizes. Spike was right about the fast healing. She's feeling better long before she gets used to the high heeled shoes.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Notacat in a Hat]

"She is!" Zee confirms. "And no problem, I like being helpful."

She laughs as she hands over the box. "Of course I didn't have to. It wouldn't be a gift if it were obligatory. It would be like... a tax I guess?"

The woman puts on the most dour, deadpan expression she can muster. "Thanksmas cheer is required, citizen. Please engage in your obligatory material object exchange."

Zee jitters a bit as the hat is examined and then put on, excited to see what Rein thinks. True to her word, the hat feels all cozy and warm on the inside as Rein places it on his head. Not a stifling sort of warmth. Not the sort of warmth that would leave a person feeling hot and sweaty if it was worn inside. More like the sort of warmth one experiences from a nice cup of coco while sitting in front of a crackling Thanksmas fire. It's really... nice.

"You're welcome!" she retorts. And then? Rein gets a hug. "Merry Thanksmas!"

"It can resize itself, too," Zee adds after stepping back from the embrace. "So it'll fit you when you aren't all big and smokin' hot. It wouldn't really do to have a hat the size of an igloo when you're in your natural shape, would it?"

Not even a little bit, no.

[Too Many Telepaths Visit Santa]

~I know, Sekhmet, but it was still my idea. I should have known that you wouldn't be able to use that mental scalpel I gave you without more training. But... if you're still willing to trust me maybe that's exactly what I can give you? I can train you in the use of your psychic abilities. And those wings, too! You should be able to use them to fly, you'll just need practice and a good instructor.~

Oh hey look, they're approaching Santa.

Should she ask Santa for something? Maybe she could. A new outfit for Sekhmet? Something better than that old-world dress she had sitting in her inventory for the past few years?

[Faerie Texting]

A minute passes.

Five minutes pass.

Ten.

Rey doesn't appear to have read the text.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

[Landon and Tuskfang]

Hornclaw makes a quiet croaking noise when he's pet.

"You've got wolves too? There's a lot of wolves where my grandparents, aunt and uncle live but they don't let kids get close to them," Tuskfang says.

[Pink!]

Brinika will also carry a box, but of course she's not any bigger than her sister.

"Yeah, and Gara is a really cool pink fox-dragon with bubbles."

She then starts trying to help decorate the tree, but...

"I think we're going to need something to stand on."

[Wenomir and Koshal]

Inside the package are three badges, about the size of a small human palm, bearing Leah's crest. There's also a pair of sashes and several kinds of pins and clasps.

"It's a duellist's crest," Wenomir explains, seeming a little apprehensive. Will Koshal appreciate this? "It's what I wore when I wasn't much older than you are. All duellists wear them in my homeland. Wearing someone's crest means that you're sworn to defend that person, in battle or in a duel. So there's one for you, one for Faye and one for your lady or someone else you want. You can wear it as a sash, on your clothes, tail or horns."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Faerie Texting]

Gara has had just about enough of this. If Rey thinks she can just go around ignoring her friends like that, fine. But she committed quite a lot to this whole thing, and she is not about to be stood up at the finish line!
    And if that means she has to pull out this scroll and use it, so be it. She might even be able to save someone from being faerie’d.
    And if Rey hadn’t been so aggravating about all of this, maybe Gara would have remembered to switch back to Grant before doing it.

[Wenomir and Koshal]

Koshal looks over the badges with obvious interest, turning over them and the clasps.
    ”Oh, thank you, Master. They’re super neat. I’m sorry I don’t have anything for you this year.” But he still goes in to give Wenomir a hug.
    It’s probably very weird, being hugged by a child who’s as large as you are.

8. - Top - End - #128

Default [A Fair Amount of Telepaths Visit Santa]

Please be very careful. Today, just focus on enjoying the holiday, and looking at new things. This is your first Thanksmas in the Nexus, right?
    Spike thinks, nudging Sekhmet up towards Santa's throne. She ought to go first.

If Sekhmet takes these lessons, that'll probably end poorly for Sekhmet, but they could at least copy the lessons for the other ones in the meantime. It could be worth it; that's not a topic they know too much about.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Telepaths visit Santa

"You can teach me to fly!? Yes, I'd love to!" Sekhmet thinks excitedly. Oh the psychic stuff is fun too, but she's wanted to fly since she got these wings. "Don't worry, Spike. I'll be careful." They're just asking for presents from Santa. What could go wrong? She stumbles her way up to...

Santa's Throne

A devilish young woman walks uneasily and unsteadily up to the current Santa. She has red skin, long black hair, and pitch-black eyes, as well as six horns protruding from her forehead (two large ones from the front of her head and two smaller ones from each temple), a long, barbed tail, and a pair of large, leathery wings. She's wearing a slightly oversized backless black flapper dress and a pair of low high heels, and she has two companions in tow (or maybe they're encouraging her? It's hard to say), a floating pink cat thing, and what appears to be an angel. "Hi?" I'd, uh..." is broadcast into Santa's mind before Sekhmet realizes her mistake. She tries again, out loud. "I mean, uh, hi."

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Telepaths visit Santa

"You can teach me to fly!? Yes, I'd love to!" Sekhmet thinks excitedly. Oh the psychic stuff is fun too, but she's wanted to fly since she got these wings. "Don't worry, Spike. I'll be careful." They're just asking for presents from Santa. What could go wrong? She stumbles her way up to...

Santa's Throne

A devilish young woman walks uneasily and unsteadily up to the current Santa. She has red skin, long black hair, and pitch-black eyes, as well as six horns protruding from her forehead (two large ones from the front of her head and two smaller ones from each temple), a long, barbed tail, and a pair of large, leathery wings. She's wearing a slightly oversized backless black flapper dress and a pair of low high heels, and she has two companions in tow (or maybe they're encouraging her? It's hard to say), a floating pink cat thing, and what appears to be an angel. "Hi?" I'd, uh..." is broadcast into Santa's mind before Sekhmet realizes her mistake. She tries again, out loud. "I mean, uh, hi."
    Santa Fel smiles at the young lady.

Hi there, what’s your name?

And how can Santa help you?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Santa's Throne

"I'm Sekhmet." Sekhmet relaxes a little. "I, uh, need some new winter clothes. Something that can keep my wings warm." She accidentally burned her old ones, but she would've asked for more anyway. The old coat didn't help with her wings at all.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir and Koshal]

Wenomir hugs Koshal back gladly. Any weirdness he might be feeling goes unheeded.

"It's okay. What use is being a big important Vigil commander if I couldn't get my favorite student and his loyal dog something nice?" he asks. "I need this, otherwise my face might get stuck in a perpetual frown," he quips. "Though I didn't expect things to be this... pink."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

Santa's Throne

"I'm Sekhmet." Sekhmet relaxes a little. "I, uh, need some new winter clothes. Something that can keep my wings warm." She accidentally burned her old ones, but she would've asked for more anyway. The old coat didn't help with her wings at all.
    Santa Fel’s face perks up and she reaches into the bag.

I know just the thing.

She pulls out a very warm looking hoodie coat, then turns it around so Sekhmet can see the back.

As you can see, there are these two slits here, when you slide your wings in there, the lining will expand around them and keep your wings nice and snuggly.

She pulls out two more similar coats of different colors and three pairs of cozy leggings.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Landon and Tuskfang]

Hornclaw makes a quiet croaking noise when he's pet.

"You've got wolves too? There's a lot of wolves where my grandparents, aunt and uncle live but they don't let kids get close to them," Tuskfang says.
    [Landon and Tuskfang]

Landon smiles at the Crundle. It's a neat little critter.

"Yeah! There's a pack that moved in a few winters ago when food was scarce. Father negotiated with them and now they share the territory around the castle. I can talk to them! They know not to hurt me or the other villagers. It's part of the deal."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Bugbear in the Playground

Another group of people appear!

[Man with cylinder]

A man in his mid 40s leaves the shuttle. He looks kind of unintressed if not annoyed by the massive amount of pink this place has now. The man wears a sleevless black jacket while scales cover his arms and obviously keep him warm. "A festival like this is what people want these days?" he says out loud with a bit of annoyance in his voice. From his look he could be Mr. Scrootch and what he says just makes it more reliable.

[The priestress]

Mia has found her way here as well, she is dressed in some modern winter clothes and still appears to be cold. Her first goal is to reach one of those hot shicklades to warm her up. It is obvious that she misses other people on her search.

[Hanging around]

With a big Yawn Mr.C awakes. Last he remembers he helped out with the decoration and sorted some chrismas gifts in a box. As he opens his eyes he soon notice the bright lights. He isn't in a box anymore, but why seems everything pink? It needs a moment to see that he is in fact not in a box. He appears to be somewhere on top as he looks right at the floor. A few moments pass and he notice that he is unable to move, hanging around .....as a decoration for the chrismas tree.
    "Not again." he says. "Why does this keep happening." he sights.
    Anyone who passes the tree will hear a voice calling for them "Excuse me? Can you let me down please?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Santa's Throne

Sekhmet beams when she sees the coat. "Wow! Thank you so much!" And then there were three! And leggings! Santa Fel is so much more generous than Sekhmet expected! She has got to try it on. Right now! So she does, sliding her wings through the slits in the back and feeling the cloth wrap warmly around them, then putting the sleeves on and zipping it up. It fits perfectly, and is comfortably warm. "It's perfect! Thank you!" Then she steps back from the chair to allow her companions to take their turns.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #137

Default [Santa's Throne]

The 'angel' approaches the throne, and hops up to sit on Santa's lap.
    That's what you do, right?

"Happy Thanksmas." Says someone who is definitely that same angel. "I'm Spike. I kind of already have everything I need."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

[Landon and Tuskfang]

Tuskfang's mouth opens wide. Whaaaat?

"You can talk to wolves? That's so cool! My dad's a Wolfen, but he can't talk to normal wolves."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

[Landon and Tuskfang]

Landon grins. "Yeah, I'm a werewolf. I can turn into a wolf! What's a Wolfen?"

[Arriving]

Via the teleporters from Mallside comes Raril Xar'Cha. Not knowing how to swim made the cramped shuttles a bit of a no-go for him, but being from a world with magic, the philosophical issues with teleporting just didn't occur to him. The drow is dressed in a warm Thanksmas sweater, blue with silver snowflakes, over dark pants and his usual high boots. A white knit cap made to look like a wolf sits at a jaunty angle on his head, red button eyes staring out happily at the Thanksmas crowd. He's got his guitar slung across his back, likely in hopes to play some Thanksmas music later.
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2019-12-04 at 03:39 AM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Santa's Throne]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The 'angel' approaches the throne, and hops up to sit on Santa's lap.
    That's what you do, right?

"Happy Thanksmas." Says someone who is definitely that same angel. "I'm Spike. I kind of already have everything I need."
    Felandria Claus frowns slightly.

Well, dear, part of the fun of Thanksmas is getting gifts you don’t neccesarily need, but things you like and would have fun with.

She fishes through the bag and pulls out a colorfully wrapped box.

Open this when you get home and I promise you will be utterly delighted.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [Notacat in a Hat]

"She is!" Zee confirms. "And no problem, I like being helpful."

She laughs as she hands over the box. "Of course I didn't have to. It wouldn't be a gift if it were obligatory. It would be like... a tax I guess?"

The woman puts on the most dour, deadpan expression she can muster. "Thanksmas cheer is required, citizen. Please engage in your obligatory material object exchange."

Zee jitters a bit as the hat is examined and then put on, excited to see what Rein thinks. True to her word, the hat feels all cozy and warm on the inside as Rein places it on his head. Not a stifling sort of warmth. Not the sort of warmth that would leave a person feeling hot and sweaty if it was worn inside. More like the sort of warmth one experiences from a nice cup of coco while sitting in front of a crackling Thanksmas fire. It's really... nice.

"You're welcome!" she retorts. And then? Rein gets a hug. "Merry Thanksmas!"

"It can resize itself, too," Zee adds after stepping back from the embrace. "So it'll fit you when you aren't all big and smokin' hot. It wouldn't really do to have a hat the size of an igloo when you're in your natural shape, would it?"

Not even a little bit, no.

Hatted NotCat

Reinholdt is surprised by the hug, but maybe even more surprising, he returns the hug after the initial shock. Hugs used to be the worst, but they aren't so bad anymore. "Obligatory Thanksmas cheer achieved."

Rein adjusts the hat on head a bit after the hug concludes.
    "I dunno, that sounds pretty cool actually. I could curl up and sleep in it. Like a hat... and a tent. A hent. No, a hant. Hatent. Tet. Teat. Oh no wait! A tent! The tee eee nnn from tent plus the tee from hat! Perfect."

"It's not that though, which is fine. Better even. They don't make enough kitty sized things and it can get cold down here in certain areas. Thank you again. I love it." Nothing was better than feeling warm. Except maybe feeling warm and not being poisoned at the same time.

[Snack Tables]

Ilpholin is currently going down the line of foods and snacks and trying everything at least once and some things twice. She needs to make her way to Santa, but this is important.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-12-04 at 06:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Hey Zee. Happy Thanksmasnewyearskwannzahkah. Glad you could make it. You haven't seen a blond catgirl or a kitsune around, have you? Five tails."
    [Central Celebratory Area]

Thanksmas is here, and what better time to take the kids out for some holiday cheer? At least, that's what Kitsuki thought before she left the apartment. Managing three infants while also trying to control a willful child is exactly as hard as it sounds. Thankfully for the moment she's found the ultimate solution: Sugar.

She's settled on a chair with Umeko, Su-Jin, and Chaytan arrayed in front of her. Each of them is laser focused on her as she breaks off small pieces of a shortbread cookie and feeds it to them bit by bit. Meanwhile Annie sits on a chair next to her mom and gets a whole cookie to herself. Her right as the eldest!
    Last edited by Gullara; 2019-12-04 at 09:56 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

[Hanging around]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    With a big Yawn Mr.C awakes. Last he remembers he helped out with the decoration and sorted some chrismas gifts in a box. As he opens his eyes he soon notice the bright lights. He isn't in a box anymore, but why seems everything pink? It needs a moment to see that he is in fact not in a box. He appears to be somewhere on top as he looks right at the floor. A few moments pass and he notice that he is unable to move, hanging around .....as a decoration for the chrismas tree.
    "Not again." he says. "Why does this keep happening." he sights.
    Anyone who passes the tree will hear a voice calling for them "Excuse me? Can you let me down please?"
    "Huh? Talking ornament?"
    I think Honeysuckle was on her way to the kitchen to get more cookies to pass out, but this is more fun.
    She stops by the tree, examining it closely to see if one of these ornaments is not what they seem. Which one was it that said something?
    Now, if Mr. C is magic, she won't be able to notice that.

[Santa's Throne]
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria Claus frowns slightly.

Well, dear, part of the fun of Thanksmas is getting gifts you don’t neccesarily need, but things you like and would have fun with.

She fishes through the bag and pulls out a colorfully wrapped box.

Open this when you get home and I promise you will be utterly delighted.
    "Oh, I have plenty of fun."
    Spike says, taking the box with her wings and looking at it curiously.
    "Well, thank you Santa."
    And she hops down to let Geneva have a turn.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #144

[Faerie Texting]

And lo, a scroll of Summon Reynardine is cast!

There comes a swirl of mist, whorls of blue flame congealing inside it, until with a POP there appears near Gara a wolf-sized black fox covered in eldritch-looking indigo markings. Her back is a mass of dry, gnarled oak and two tails lash about behind her. Also? She just popped into existence mid-pounce.

Have you ever seen a fox leap into the air and then smash their nose into the snow trying to catch something under ground?

Yeah.

Rey was in the middle of doing that.

But now there's floor under her face instead of snow. And floor is notoriously less yielding.

The huldra rather comically plows into the floor, giving a yelp of pain as she grabs her face with her front paws and starts rolling around in agony.

Merry Thanksmas, Reynardine!

[Arriving]

Close on Raril's heels is on Navanaxinermis Xar'Cha. While not a blood relation to the drow, he's taken a quick liking to his step father. Father figures are important! And Navvy's love for, and curiosity of, music automatically makes Raril 'way cool' in the bronze wyrmling's estimation. He isn't bundled up like he was last year since he's in-doors rather than playing in the snow. Instead he's got a little Santa hat with plush antlers nestled on his head. The sight of the base gives him pause, though.

"Golly, look at all this pink. I didn't know pink was one of the Thanksmas colors? We didn't put up pink decorations in Trog's! Did we do something wrong?" he asks, a tone of lament in his voice. Mom couldn't have possibly missed a detail THAT big, could she? She knows about stuff!

[Hatted NotCat]

Lots of people are getting Thanksmas hugs this year.

"Just taking it off before you change form would do it," Zee says with a firm nod. "I had my daughter Karaglen test out the shape slash size changing part of the hat. Not the alcohol part. She's too young for that."

Obviously. Who would give booze to a little girl? A terrible, irresponsible person like Violet. That's who.

"So if you feel like using it as a cozy cat-bed then feel free! That's a clever way to use a magical hat," Zee laughs. Then looks thoughtful. "I bet if you could turn GIANT sized you could use it as an actual tent. Maybe more of a yurt? You would probably need some kind of central poll to keep the middle from flumphing in on you, though."

These are very important hat-logistics questions.

[HAIL SANTA!]

Geneva's turn?

Sure.

The little mew floats up onto Santa's lap, settling down and looking quite tiny compared to the giant Fel-Clause.

~So I think I've been pretty good this year? Since I work for VIGIL and help people. And my Bifrost project is aiming to help LOTS of people. So my request is about that, actually? I was admiring the teleporter rings here at HALO and I was hoping I could get a copy of the schematics to study.~

Geneva you're such a nerd.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2019-12-04 at 12:05 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

[Faerie Texting]

Oof, that looked like it hurt. That’s what Rey gets for being an awful faerie, though.
    ”There you are! I can’t believe my best friend blew me off for a year and I had to use a Thanksmas wish just to see you!” Gara huffs.
    And yet her anger melts almost immediately.
    ”But I am glad to see you. Here.” she says, touching the huldra on the head, which if allowed should cause the pain to subside immediately.

[Wenomir and Koshal]

Koshal carefully slips the package into his bag.
    ”Yeah uh, it’s pretty pink. Maybe it’s referencing something about the group? It’s nice at least.” Maybe a little much one color for him, but still nice.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

[Landon and Tuskfang]

"A Wolfen's a person who's like a wolf," Tuskfang explains, not realising that he's stating the obvious. "Or a wolf who's like a person. My dad's one, and my uncle too. My mom's a goblin, so that makes me a woblin. What's a werewolf?"

[Wenomir and Koshal]

"There does seem to be a very pink person hanging up decorations with two very small kids over there, so maybe she's just in charge of them-" Wenomir's train of thought is interrupted when he sees Jezebel come sweeping in with Cessie. "...she always did know how to make an entrance. Poor Cessie seems overwhelmed."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

Raril blinks at the riot of pink in his vision. "Pink is... not a traditional color, no. But they seem to be going with a theme here. You didn't do anything wrong with Trog's though. You kids made it nice and traditional." The drow assures Navvy.

[Landon and Tuskfang]

"Werewolves are people who can turn into wolves." Landon explains. "A lot of them are forced to change on the full moon, but if you know what you're doing you can change anytime!"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Arriving]

Karaglen has embraced the most wonderful of Thanksmas traditions, walking behind her brother and Raril clad in a rather hideously garish sweater decorated with little pine trees, snow-men, as well as terribly-aligned stripes and dots.
    Ugly sweaters are great.
    This has been tossed on top of either a long red skirt, or she's just wearing another dress on underneath the sweater. She does seem rather attached to those, so it's probable.
    She kept that giant red bow in her hair, tying it all back into a long pony-tail.

Normally, she would trot along beside Navvy in her natural form, but it is easier to carry all of these boxes with actual hands than clawed feet.
    There's a larger box, with a few small boxes stacked on top of it that she has to peer around to make sure she doesn't actually run into anyone/thing. Any offers to help her carry these have been met with rather form "no"s, under the explanation that she's a big girl who can carry her own presents.

"Hmm. Maybe if pink is a big new Thanksmas thing, we can add some of it into next year's decorations?"
    Unlike Navvy, there's not really any concern she did things wrong, so much as an intrigued curiosity about an up and coming trend to get in on.

[Also Arriving, but Separately]

"-sounds a lot like old Hearth's Warming celebrations."
    "Yeah! It's super great! Lots of singing, candy, and presents! It's like a weirdly color-coordinated birthday party that everyone is in on!"

Also present for the festivities is a rather well-groomed, very light pink unicorn, dressed in nothing beyond a rather thickly-wrapped green silk scarf and a little green Thanksmas tree pin in her neatly-curled, deep red mane. The color palette leaves something to be desired for her, but this was on short notice and the best she could do.
    While she looks around at all the guests, facilities, and decorations there's a rather pleased smile on her face.

"Oh yes, definitely similar. This is wonderful."
    "I know right? Ooh, ooh. There's usually some sorta 'Santa something' somewhere, who gives out presents and wisdom to everyone. Some sorta weird god-figure or something? I have no idea! But they're great! We should definitely go find them."
    A rather excitable and breathless voice is also presently emanating from her scarf.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #149

[Faerie Texting]

Rey quickly scoots away from Gara and bears her teeth at the dragon, her ears plastered back.

"Who the hell are you?" she hisses. "Where am I?"

Well.

She doesn't seem very thankful AT ALL.

Not even a little bit of Thanksmas cheer.

[Arriving]

"I had fun decorating it! Did you like Kara's falling snow lights? I helped hang them up!"
    Navvy proudly proclaims. He doesn't mention the part about rescuing Kara from evil plushies since he's pretty sure that would make Kara glum. He had asked about the little dragon one while they were working on extra presents upstairs and the explanation was pretty sad.

"I dunno, sis. I think dad's right maybe someone here is trying to do a theme. Like... um... sugar plums? Some of those sugar plums mom made were pretty pink," Navvy reasons. Most of them were purple. But a few were pink! Mom had explained sugar plum fairys (and how they aren't actual fae) and how they're part of a really cool play that she wants to take them all to some time! "Maybe we could make an ornament that looks like a sugar plum?"

So many possibilities!

"What should we do first? Oooh keen they have snacks! You wanna get snacks, dad?"

Isn't that Ilpholin over by the snacks?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

[HAIL SANTA!]

Geneva's turn?

Sure.

The little mew floats up onto Santa's lap, settling down and looking quite tiny compared to the giant Fel-Clause.

~So I think I've been pretty good this year? Since I work for VIGIL and help people. And my Bifrost project is aiming to help LOTS of people. So my request is about that, actually? I was admiring the teleporter rings here at HALO and I was hoping I could get a copy of the schematics to study.~

Geneva you're such a nerd.
    Felandria gives Geneva a warm smile.

Of course you can, dear.

I can happily give those to you, Geneva, but I do want to give you something else special as well.

Fel reaches into the sack and pulls out, not only the schematics, but also a small pink cinch bag.

Here we go, the schematics are right here.

And also here is this bag for you, it acts like Santa’s bag, but for snacks!

While you’re busy with your research and get peckish, you can just think of a nummy treat and you’ll find some inside.