New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Glad I Ate Her IC

Iktnek was used to being flirted at, she was a proud member of her race and as a firedancer she had a sufficient number of males she could choose from, some of them used some sweet talk to swoon her with varying success but being sweethearted by this strange human while they were chased by an entire city and the great horned one's words flabbergasted her.

For a moment.

It was really hard keeping her mandibles still after finally having someone to talk to after all that time where she had to remain still so her wounds could heal and after that being whipped again and again by Kavin and after that the cactus. So she used the next possible moment to squeeze some more words in, while still trying to be close enough to the others. This time in a hushed whisper.

Last time I checked I still was a Thri-keen. What are you talking about sweety?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

"Keep moving while we still have a chance."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Executing a dragon U-turn (that is to say, dropping to the ground and then taking off in a new direction), Helix returns to report on the tunnel to the right, then takes off a bit in the opposite direction. The other four, staying more or less in a ragtag group, and reach the T-intersection that Helix has just described. They face a decision.

As they pause at the intersection, the man - sweaty and out of breath, but still somehow calm and composed - lays a hand gently on the side of Iktnek's head for a second.

"You'll see. I hope."

Then he turns to the others and speaks with some urgency.

"I'll try to lead them off this way. You go left. Trust the river."

He does not linger for questions, but darts down the right-side passage.

There are shouts down the tunnel behind them. A couple of guards are throwing imaginative threats about what will happen to all of you when they catch you. A woman's voice calls for out shovels.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Helix gets about 60' down the left tunnel. The tunnel retains the same character, although the walls become less smooth and regular. Ahead, Helix can see the tunnel curve downward. There is the sound of moving water ahead.

The others see that Eome can move a lot faster if he wishes - he travels about 60' down the right side passage.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Zilchour's eyes squint a bit as he watches Eome fade into the distance. <Is he sending us down this path as a distraction or is he sincere? is the thought that crosses his mind for a moment as he shakes it off. "Come on, get moving and let us hope we choose correctly." with that, "Captain Vernaion" rushes ahead with his spear at the ready.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Cowdenbeath doesnt need to be told twice, if the man wants to be the rabbit, thats fine with him. He turns left and continues to lumber on
    #GoreMutualarejerks

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Helix flies at full speed down the tunnel, finding the source of the water as soon as he can so that this time when he reports back he'll simply stay with the group.
    "What a day."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Iktnek nearly bites at the hand that is touching her but stays calm and listens to Eome's words. She looks at him dashing down the other way and has a short vision of dying heroically at his side. But she also knew that this wasn't a day to die, she could only hope that this one nice human was not killed. Well perhaps she could get them a bit more time. She was still adamant on taking the rearguard, so she takes one tiny pebble out of her bag and throws it behind them at the ceiling as far as she could, ducking down to get a better angle. If the small pebble hit's it produces a loud BOOM Like if a far larger stone hit there.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I make an attack roll just to see if I'm not rolling a 1 (1d20+12)[26] attacking the ceiling behind us like Eome did with a pebble from my bag of Boulders, 50 feet away from us.
    (4d6)[12] if possible I would also spend my psionic focus for an additional (2d6)[10]. After that I just hope that my 40 feet movement is enough to still get to the others.

After her throw she follows the others untypically silent, but still responds to Helix words.

Yeah.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Everyone hears a reverberant boom up and down the tunnel as Iktnek's rock strikes the ceiling with significant force. There is a partial cave-in of the ceiling, leaving a partial obstruction of the left passage.

Bowdenbeath and Zilchour spring down the passage, which soon begins to turn downward slightly.

Helix makes it about 200' along the passage, descending gently, before the tunnel ends in a natural cave of sorts. The cave is filled with murky water, moving fairly quickly, but has about 3 to 5 feet of clearance between the surface of the water and the glistening and slime-covered top of the cave. The water is rushing from right to left, and about 30 to 40 feet on either side of the tunnel, the roof of the cave drops low enough to obscure further view.

On the far side of the cave, about 20' to Helix' right and across the river (which is about 20' wide), there is a tributary cave of sorts, a natural crevice into which some of the water from the river is flowing.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Once back, the little dragon describes what he saw, and teases the brute and the bug a little by saying, "If anyone needs help swimming, I can try to make it easier for you."
    Helix looks to the others and shrugs his shoulers, sending a brilliant display of flashing lights from his wings.
    "Or, I can investigate the cave on the other side of the river. I'll leave that up to you all, because if I have my way, one of you would let me ride in your arms and I'd take a nap until we get close enough to something that dares to try and harm us."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Zilchour keeps running as Helix gives a report. Maybe one of our bigger jail-breakers can help you out with that. Should we go with the flow of the river, a bit easier but most like the direction they will look for us, or do we go against the flow?"

Spoiler
    Show

If the water looks sufficiently deep enough for a long duration, Zilchour will tranform into an Aquatic Elf.
    Guess he has a thing for elves.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

The man said trust the river. We trusted him for freedom, we trust the river.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Iktnek's fire lashes seem to retract themselves back into her hands when she dismisses them. She Looks at the water with a mixture of happiness and dread, stepping towards it to take a sip, but stopping before her claws could reach the water. She stands upright, weaving her claws in a criss-cross pattern and because she could not speak in the language of water she hoped that her own tongue would suffice.

Spoiler: Thri-keen
    Show
    Spirit of this river, please quench our thirst and help us find our way away from the humans.

She goes to one knee and takes some sips. There was no way too know when they could drink again and old habits die hard.

Flying elf if you can shed your skin again to change in something more fitting I think you should do so. Perhaps I can better your chances by a bit. She strides to Zilchour and touches him with one of her claws to grant him a bit of relief from his past wounds.

Spoiler: Healing
    Show
    (2d8)[3]

The spirit of the oasis is sleeping now and I can't grant any more of that today. Iktnek stretches out her two lower arms towards Helix.

Scaled one I would be honored to carry you, but the ride may be too rough for you too sleep. I think we should try the natural crevice over there, perhaps the humans don't know about that. Iktnek takes her water whip in both of her upper arms too still be armed, just in case.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Shed your skin? Fair enough. Zilchour thinks to himself.
    "My thanks. Yes, I can take on different forms and, if we take to the river, I can take one more suited to this. Everyone ready?" Onvce everyone agrees, he transforms and move ahead, scouting to make sure that he... and his companions don't run into any surprises.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Welcome back, everyone. Much as I appreciate the efforts made to find these forum a new home, I'm going to relocate this game to Myth-Weavers shortly. I'll post here ASAP with a link. All of you will be grandfathered in, if you're willing, and I may advertise for one or two more. We'll pick up just a little bit fast-forwarded from this point.

Thanks!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Bumping once, just in case I need to reference this thread in building the new one.