New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Fear will keep the local systems in line IC thread

Pollix spreads her hands, walking a little closer.

“Please...though I know that blade must make it very difficult...relax. I am sure your...employer...does not pay you well enough to get hurt for a piece of equipment.”

She looks at it pointedly, for a moment, then back.

“In fact...I imagine they place more value on this machine than you. That is sad. Let us go about our business and you won’t be hurt.”

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The man freezes in panic, and then he slowly raises his hands above his head. His eyes flicker upward briefly, to where a security camera is trained on the doorway. "You don't know him. My employer will just fire me. He'll hunt you to the ends of this planet, and beyond..."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

-Good, I hope to meet him soon - says Seroa as she approaches to tap the technician for hidden weapons or some sort of commlink.
    Last edited by zinycor; 2019-12-16 at 10:42 PM.
    Last son of the Lu-Ching dynasty

thog is the champion, thog's friends! and thog keeps on fighting to the end!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

Pala follows the technician's eyes to the security camera and looks to Lok'Bau. "Get me a bodyguard who's not a nerfherder next time, she tells the bounty hunter as she hurries to the nearest console and starts attempting to slice the comms array and shut it down before security can charge in.

Spoiler: Slicing
    Show
    I know Codebreaker probably applies, but I'd guess this is Hard so I'll just roll two difficulty die.

Slicing the Console: 2eA+2eP+2eD 2 successes, 3 advantage

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The technician's sneer turns into shocked awe as Pala begins her work. Several formidable security systems are easily bypassed rather than broken. It is fairly easy to shut down the comms array and scramble its software such that the whole thing will need to be re-programmed from scratch before it serves as anything other than an expensive tangle of silicon and copper. As a trained professional, she is also able to access the data backups and begins downloading it into her personal datastore. Sent messages, files... but sent to where? With a few more minutes, she realizes that the comms array is targeted out into space... towards the Imperial blockade...

Meanwhile, Seroa quickly and efficiently frisks the technician, recovering a light blaster pistol and a commlink. Lok'bau pulls the man's belt off and ties him up. He looks at Pala. "You done? Mission accomplished, I guess. We'll someone else deal with this flunky. Let's check out the rest of the site and then rendezvous with the other teams. Can't raise them on comms, the hill must be blocking the signal."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Seroa sits the tied up technician and begins to question him in regards to other personnel, and the installations around the place. While doing so, she changes her behaviour to me more relaxed, way less threatening.

7. - Top - End - #37

Pala finds her sourness dwindling slightly as she gets to work on the comms array, her mind filling with the infinite paths of code rather than the finite, fragile ones of meatspace. By the time she's finished, she lets out a long breath and pops out of her seat.

"All done," she confirms to Lok'Bau. "I've got copies of the good stuff. Apparently they were sending messages and files through the array to the Imperial blockade, so...something to keep in mind." She feels the urge to give some cocky thumbs-up to the technician, but restrains herself. She is, after all, a professional and above such pettiness. Definitely.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Rela yawns from her spot leaning against a wall, Looks like I'm not blowing this room up today. Oh well, more bombs for me. "Hey, so did your slicing trick also say what kinda druk they sent up there? It a constant thing or just bursts?" Stretching, she points a thumb to the camera, "Like that camera footage for example, or some kinda distress signal?" She watches Seroa questioning the lackey out of the corner of her eye, probably best to see how she handles things before stepping in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by zinycor View Post
    Seroa sits the tied up technician and begins to question him in regards to other personnel, and the installations around the place. While doing so, she changes her behaviour to me more relaxed, way less threatening.
    Something in the technician seems to harden. "Ansel Dunlap. Corporal, Surur Security Services," he says. "Anything else you can get from the computers. They break easier than men, you'll find."

Looking at the comms array, it has to be hidden from prying eyes. And as the planet turns, the window for transmitting only comes once per rotation. So whatever is transmitted into space is sent in bursts. The rest of the comms array handles the local network, as well as communication with the planet itself. That is always connected, sifting through the morass of data will take a considerable amount of time.
    Last edited by dojango; 2019-12-17 at 12:10 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Seroa sighs, and then looks at the technician in the eyes, trying to read his emotions. However she is distracted and can't focus on it. She looks back for a moment and sees Rela behind her. -Do you want to give it a try? am not very good at interrogating...
    Last edited by zinycor; 2019-12-17 at 12:30 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Rela rolls her eyes, "Referring to it as "interrogating's" a bit much, yeah?" She drops down into a crouch next to the lackey with an exasperated sigh, "Look buddy, I understand you got a job to do. Got your professional pride and whatnot, that's cool. Admirable even. But let's be honest here, your boss is a piece of shab. You know it, we know it." She puts one hand on his shoulder, "We ain't asking you to sell him into the desert, he's already goin'. Honestly we just wanna make sure we clean up that footage if we can, and get the hell out of here." Rela gestures to the camera, "Now your boss, you said he'll be real mad at us, but how mad at you will he be if he sees that footage of you surrenderin' so meek like that? And here we are now, havin' a friendly chat. About what I wonder? A failed interrogation, or maybe you were in on this? How's he to know?" She smiles and pats him on the shoulder as if in gratitude, her eyes darting to the watching camera, "Now we find and vape that security footage, we look like professionals. Coverin' all the angles. No shame you getting blind-sided by professionals now, is there? The more professional we seem, the less you can be blamed for this kark-up, yeah?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mostly this is a first step, if we want personnel numbers then we frame it as making things easier for us to erase the footage, etc.

This be a charm test? What sort of difficulty are we looking at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Legosi pockets the tech's commlink, taking a moment to practice mimicking the tech's voice. The comm would scramble the details, so he just had to get close enough, if someone called.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Mostly this is a first step, if we want personnel numbers then we frame it as making things easier for us to erase the footage, etc.

This be a charm test? What sort of difficulty are we looking at?
    Old good cop, bad cop routine, eh? Default is two, if there's reason to be a higher I can roll extra difficulty/setback dice later.
    Last edited by dojango; 2019-12-17 at 09:29 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

RangerGuy

From outside the door of the room, the IG-series droid stands on overwatch making sure that nothing unexpected comes from behind.

Based on the heavy blaster rifle held in his hands, his purpose on the team was unmistakable.

After a while, a tinny voice comments into the room, "Proper protocol at this point would be in an immediate extraction. If the data procurement and neutralization of the array is complete, then I suggest we continue to our next objective. Our instructions were to arrest or neutralize, as a reminder."

15. - Top - End - #45

While the interrogation takes place, Pala steps outside to stand by the assassin-turned-rebel droid and waits beside it. She considers starting a conversation, then thinks better, since it probably hasn't been reprogrammed long enough to start developing the kinds of quirks that come from droids who've been active for a while.

16. - Top - End - #46

Beholder

Pollix crosses her arms into the folds of her robes and looks at the previously silent droid, as well as the technician who has now departed as there is an interrogation happening. From where she was at the end of the line, so to speak, she was near the hallway anyway.

“Do you have any idea what they were communicating to the blockade?”

17. - Top - End - #47

Pala glances at the hooded woman as she's addressed. She shrugs her shoulders. "Just messages and files sent once a rotation. It's going to take some time to start sifting through it, get some particulars."

18. - Top - End - #48

Beholder

“It will be interesting to see what they’ve been sending...” she muses further, looking down the hallway.

19. - Top - End - #49

"Maybe to some people." Pala shrugs and briefly glances down the hallway to follow Pollix's view, just in case. "The dealings of industrialists isn't really in my field of expertise."

20. - Top - End - #50

Beholder

“Nor mine, but I feel as though we are all learning beyond what we were once intended to be. Standing guard outside an interrogation would have been hard to explain in the past.”

21. - Top - End - #51

Pala exhales through her nose. "Maybe for you. There were some streets on Coruscant that you couldn't walk down without overhearing an interrogation or a mugging or some thugs planning to steal something."

22. - Top - End - #52

Beholder

“A fair point. I have been to Coruscant, but it was probably a very different Coruscant. There are often whole different planets, separated by privilege, unfortunately. I didn’t mean to bring up any unpleasant thoughts.”

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The technician slumps a bit as Rela mentions that about his boss. "Guess the jig is up, eh? You rebels finally realized we were under your nose, eh? You know you're gonna lose, right? Once the Emperor gets around to it, he's gonna smash this place flat. And you'll end up in the mass grave next to me." He chuckles.

Lok'Bau withdraws to the corridor and says softly, so the tech can't hear. "This facility wasn't in the briefing. It worries me. Our orders are to rendezvous with the others..."

24. - Top - End - #54

Pala stores Pollix's words in the back of her mind. "It's fine," she says. Can't blame the woman for expecting the worst just from looking at her.

When Lok'Bau emerges, she tilts her head at him. "So we should go do that. Right?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

-Very well, should we take the technician with us?- asks Seroa to Lok'Bau. While speaking she gives a look towards Reloa, The twi'lek wa certainly amazing, to be able to break the technician so easily, Seroa herself only noticed that the guy was weird.

It was evident that the people around her were formidable. Good, Seroa would do her best to keep up and protect them.
    Last edited by zinycor; 2019-12-17 at 09:53 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

RangerGuy

At the words of Lok'bau, the droid replies in a similarly hushed tone, "This is not the comms array we were intended to neutralize? As to the Imperial, our orders were arrest or neutralize. Taking him with us will only pose complications."

The manner in which he discusses killing the man is done with only the cold, impassive calculation that a droid could muster.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

"Easy enough, ya? Stun, move on. Elevator to residence is past the hangar."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Janwin View Post
    At the words of Lok'bau, the droid replies in a similarly hushed tone, "This is not the comms array we were intended to neutralize? As to the Imperial, our orders were arrest or neutralize. Taking him with us will only pose complications."

The manner in which he discusses killing the man is done with only the cold, impassive calculation that a droid could muster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    "Easy enough, ya? Stun, move on. Elevator to residence is past the hangar."
    Seroa nods to Legosi in agreement, then stops to think about what IG11 says... - IG11 is right, What do you mean when you say this facility wasn't on the briefing?

29. - Top - End - #59

RangerGuy

At the suggestion of stunning the Imperial, IG-86-M2 swivels its head toward Legosi.

"Our orders were quite clear. Proper protocol is to obey."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Janwin View Post
    At the suggestion of stunning the Imperial, IG-86-M2 swivels its head toward Legosi.

"Our orders were quite clear. Proper protocol is to obey."
    "Stun bolt be plenty neutralized. Wasn't there something about further questionin'?" legosi paused a moment. "That brings us back to prisoner, though..."
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2019-12-18 at 03:09 PM.