New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default My brother composed a "bard's song" for one of the campaigns I ran

It was for a Christmas present. Considering he wasn't in the game, I'd say he did a shockingly good job of putting together lyrics for the characters. And the music itself is really impressive too. I asked each of the players what instrument represented their character, and my brother managed to work it all together in a way that sounds good. Even better, the party had a bard NPC friend who used a clarinet, and it features pretty prominently.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/184j...dMgZtYZY8GcZrQ

I know this is tacky, but since this is such an awesome gift, I figure I might as well link his Spotify too. It's not the same style as this by any means, but I think his Lowlight album is really good.
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/6ljMLPVJ244LcDwjKlxwSz

Spoiler: Lyrics
    Show
    When the World, it's breath was less than clear
    Our heroes marched on without fear
    The bravest souls we've ever known
    I'll sing of you today

A regent in an ancient land
    His flesh is gone but he still stands
    When axe is thrown with rattling bone
    Donovan has saved the day

A werewolf makes you run and hide
    But he has tamed the beast inside
    With collar popped and bodies dropped
    Zeke has saved the day

A curious man that refuses to die
    As vampire, shark, machine survives
    With aura intense and speed immense
    Leland has saved the day

The famed Hunter of beasts did fight
    His skill unmatched and luck undried
    His bolts flew true (and socks good as new)
    Grimdark has saved the day

The brightest fire lights up the night
    Born an elf, now flame burns inside
    Ryul was harsh, as Phase agents are
    Nonetheless, he saved the day

And once inside the planets core
    The factions four erupted in war
    Our heroes five escaped alive
    So that we may greet the day

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: My brother composed a "bard's song" for one of the campaigns I ran

I like it. Not the sort of thing that I'd put on my playlist, but quite good for what it is. Better than the bard songs we get in Skyrim at any rate.

My only real criticism is that the general mood of the music doesn't quite fit the wacky nature of the adventurers it's describing...
    I realized immediately after logging in for the first time that I should have called my account 'Dire Lemming.' Oh well.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks for taking a listen! Cool thatthe game and song has touched outside of our circle, in even a small way.

Yeah, this was a zany group, concept wise. But believe it or not, the campaign was played mostly straight. At least, as straight as DnD games tend to be played. :P Even had a romance subplot.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, he caught the "classic to a fault music very well.

Interesting counterpoint, given how straight he sings about such....different adventures. ^^
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”