New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Chronicles of A Twisted Ascension IC

Well... I'm not a druid," she really hates to admit that, you can just tell, "But my healing spells would have hurt me worse if something's tampering with all divine magic... But why only nature?" she huffs, and paces a few steps.

"And HOW only nature, for that matter..." she racks her brains for a solution.

Spoiler: ooc/rolls
    Show

(1d20+4)[24] Spellcraft. This doesn't sound like the way Spell Immunity works, for example...but maybe Randa knows of something to explain this...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

@Laura: Remiel’s bleeding...

That happened a few days ago. Up above in The Mercy. When the guy called in owls to help you cross a river, he suffered the same way as Randa when she called plants back on the stairs.

Laura looks at the ruined painting with but a passing glance and doesn’t give it much thought before looking around at the new area you are all in.

“I was there too. That thing that took Clarity merely whisked out of sight. Not invisible like those bugs we fought just now. I would know since I swung my blade where they last stood to no success.

This means she could be here... I hope.”

@Randa: You are not a druid...

But that’s merely a technicality. You revere The Shalm, which pretty much all druids revere. By religious association, you are able to harness powers normally only attributed to them. Never mind that some of your closest friends, allies and even mentors are druids, but...

You don’t speak their language.

For all the years you have spent on their company. Be it at Glenndale Park or in The Mercy slums, the Druidic Circle keeps their secret enclaves and deeper mysteries well... hidden. And this includes a language they speak amongst themselves and never in the company of outsiders, no matter how close they may be.

Also, you can’t turn into animals. But these are mere semantics at the end of the day.

The immediate area ahead of you presents a walkway leading left and right. With the disgusting sewage pool in the center of it all. There are plenty of rooms or cells to explore here, which are accessible in the walkway you’re in, or using stairs that connect to the floors above.

As for eggs... none. None of those giant coconut sized shells you saw earlier, but there are slime trails on the ground. These come from the pool and get lost on the ground a few feet away. Not big trails, but several tiny ones- not unlike those left by leeches.

You could take a dive into the water. You have gills now and will for several hours. Swimming down there shouldn’t be a...

And then you keen your eyes as something catches your attention from across the pool.

Hard to tell what it is, but it’s a darting shadow of unknown shape but small size that quickly blends into one of the many rooms above.

As for what caused your bleeding? There may be an answer to that.

This happened a few years ago, when you already returned to The Mercy and proved your worth by reclaiming your home. When you set about to help the downtrodden and stick it to those deserving. When you began to grow things.

It was Eldarn who knocked on your door one night, badly hurt. Bleeding all over. The man nearly died on your doorstep had you not used your poultices and the power gained by communion to Obad Hai, which caused the Society Leader to pale in horror before you had to give him a simple sedative to calm him down.

It was later revealed to you by Eldarn that his bloodied state was not caused by a fight- something common in The Mercy.

He mentioned it was something that grew here. Something that wasn’t there before. As a druid himself, he had gone over to see this triumph of Nature in a place like this.

It nearly killed him.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Francisco Starfire
    If your friend were able to teleport away, then there is no reason to believe that we would find her in the sewers. We should try to locate the devil that took her. If we have not turned up clues before tomorrow, I have a few ideas that might help.

(After some time looking around)

How long have you known Clarity?
    Last edited by Novabomb; 2020-08-25 at 11:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

@Francisco: This area is pointless.

Lendra walks past you and stands beside a kneeling Randa as the half orc inspects the pool’s edge.

“I have known Clarity for a long time, father. Not only is she an exceptional soldier, but... she is a person unlike any I have met before. Her virtues as a human being outweigh those of her as a weapon of war, as she used to refer to herself when she made it to The Mercy.”

The warrior of Trithereon looks back at you and shakes her head.

“Clarity was able to accomplish many feats as both a warrior of Kord and a Royal Guard, but moving around like that devil that took her isn’t something I have ever seen her do.

And I am planning on finding her today.”

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

"Talking's gonna wait. I saw something move over by one of the openings. That one there by the pillar with three cracks.

After a moment of pointing out the offending hiding spot, making sure at least most of the rest of the party sees which one she means...Randa turns invisible.

Just, up and disappears with a wink. She's still with the party, at least for the moment, because she's still talking, her voice drifting from basically where she was before.

"Something shadowy. Probably not a bug. I'm not going after it alone this time... Someone else take point and I'll back them up."

And then, silence. Her footpads were quite to begin with, but now Randa's doing all she can and then some to stay quiet.

Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

(1d20+14)[24] Move silently
    (1d20+19)[38] Hide

She's not taking any chances this time; Randa's going to actually bother with true stealth on top of her ring's powers and hopefully will follow anyone brave enough to help. as she moves towards the opening the shadow disappeared towards.
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2020-08-26 at 12:03 PM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

@Randa: Talking takes too long.

You got jumped last time. But not now, as you turn your ring and become awash with illusions, rendering yourself unseen to the others... except maybe the Pelorian.

Lendra tries to follow your steps, but you are playing it safe and stealthy this time. If she’s any good maybe, just maybe, she might be able to track you by voice.

And that would require an expert tracker, a skill set none in present company seem to have.

But still, they are with you and you are deep in these deadly sewers. Sharing information is pivotal and so you share what you have seen, if only briefly.

Was it a bug? A fellow half orc? Someone or something else entirely? Who knows. What you do know is that it hid in the shadows just as quickly as when it was spotted by you.

Going to investigate that exact spot is a sound idea, but that sighting- brief as it was- is across the pool, with several rooms along the way. By the time you and the others make it over there via the stairs, walkways and bridges, who knows if it might be waiting...

If there ever was something in the first place.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Francisco Starfire

To Randa
    I am glad for the sharpness of your senses Sister. If it comes forth again, perhaps we can ask it what it knows.

EDIT: He continues to investigate upward trending paths.
    Last edited by Novabomb; 2020-08-30 at 08:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thanks but think it's gone," Randa's voice pipes in from somewhere, *sigh* This an't getting us anywhere. I'll scout ahead, anyone else feel free to follow... but first..."

Still invisible, Randa ducks her head under the rim of the water closest to her; all the others see is a rippling of the water and a quiet splash as Randa, with her mouth firmly closed, looks around to see if this place is also lousy with skeletons or spectral figures.

Following this? She just starts searching around, but remains cautious and careful...

Show

(1d20+3)[5] I really hope checking this water won't get me killed worse...

(1d20+14)[33] Move silently and (1d20)[4] Hide as she starts walking around the room; staying stealthy again even while invisible

And a search check: (1d20+1)[12]

EDIT: That hide is at 23, I forgot the modifier.
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2020-09-02 at 02:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Nerdomancer in the Playground Moderator

DruidGuy

Pulling out, and lighting a torch, Davish heads off to the left, to see what might be seen. After a few steps, he stops, pauses, and looks behind him to see if any are willing to follow.
    Spoiler: Medals & Current Characters
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I mean, I have been assuming Jdizzlean looks like Nathan Fillion this whole time to start with...
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

@Francisco: Randa may be silent. She may be sneaky and snark mouthed....

But she isn't unseen. Not to you. as long as the vision of the Almighty blesses you, that ring of hers will never hide her from you. No matter how thick the shadows and her skills.

Still, the others seem to be clueless where she is, unless the half orc decides to speak. For now, it would be best to allow this priest to guide you through this area.

And as Davish lights a torch, you compel the urge to shake your head: this place has lighting. Not the best, but good enough to see yourself around. And then there's you, an actual beacon of light.

@Randa: You will not get ambushed again, that's for sure.

The edge of the pool doesn't have anything remarkable. It's murky and smells something awful. Nothing to see from where you stand, lest you chose to dive in.

Of faint note- diminutive slime trails either leave or come into the pool itself, but that's about it.

As for the rest of this installation, it's built to house a lot of people given the doors seen just on the floor you are on. Nothing has come out to greet you and chances are, if there is something here- and there is, given you saw it- you should get the jump on them before they get the jump on you.

And as Lendra tries to follow your voice, nearly slipping on the edge of the cistern and holding on to Laura, you catch something on one of the doors next to you.

It's old metal. Rusted. The doors ahead seem to be made of wood, but not this one. There is no doorknob on it, but rather a small metal box bolted to the side of the door, which bears no door knob. A small metal box with a slot on its top for something to slide in.

On the door there is a plaque. This one is just as rusty as the door and has been scribbled by something beneath it:

Sewage Manager

The King

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

"Slime trails are coming in and out of the water so something may be down here. Might just be frogs or snakes but do we wanna take a chance?"

The little half orc pops back visible in front of the King's door, rubbing her chin.

"This is gotta be important. You all wanna search the others doors before I try to open this one? Or do we try this one first?"

Show

Taking twenty on a search check because last time it didn't go too well. 21 check. I'm not trying to open it yet.

Also, Ranga's ring has that Knock spell. (1d20+4)[19] Spellcraft check to see if she knows offhand if it will open the door without any hassle.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

@Randa: There are all manner of critters that live off dank dark sewers.

Maybe these little trails beling to just that. And then you focus on the metal door, letting yourself be seen by everyone and check it thoroughly.

It’s a door. Unlike the others in this immediate area, it’s made of metal. No door knob, but there’s that small metal device next to it with a slot.

Something must go in the slot and maybe cause something to happen to this door. Probably open it.

Of course, you have items of power. “Magic” , as is called by the slavering masses, eager to hoard more and more, never really knowing what exactly it is, but lured by that word nonetheless.

Is it prudent to use these wondrous items of yours on the door? It is known for some places to react to the use of certain approaches differently. Their outcome varies, but rarely are these of the kind to leave a satisfying smirk.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

Randa's smart.

She's also seen doors with indentations for magical pendants and even heard tales of "key slots" you need to thrust most of a specific sword into to open the portal.

And while she has faith in her magical gear... her ring is an emergency item and things are no longer as dire as they once were.

"Hrm. Need to start searching all these rooms. Something slender. Slender enough to fit into this slot Would be thicker than paper, but not by much." she looks to the others for approval of this plan.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

Francisco Starfire
    If others have the inspiration to lead, he will encourage them, so long as the roof's edge is not near.
    He says nothing, but follows Davish.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

While staying invisible, Randa begins to search the rooms they come across, taking her sweet time trying to find whatever's missing from the door.

Show

Taking ten on my search checks, which leaves it at 11

rolling for hide and move silently, tho: (1d20+19)[37] (1d20+14)[28]

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

@Randa: No access to the main office.

There may be a way to get inside, but for now, the key is not within your reach. You need to find something to insert into that slot and chances are, it's somewhere in this place.

Davish, with his massive blade, takes the lead. While Francisco opts to follow him, his body emitting an unnecessary amount of light given that this place is already lit. Dimly, but still enough to traverse it without too many complications.

Laura and Lendra take to the rear as you scout amidst the big man and his blade, unseen to all but the Pelorian as you check the three rooms to the left of the one inaccessible, leading to a flight of stairs that connects to the second floor.

These doors are wooden. Old but sturdy and not unlike those one would see at a prison- if you ever ended at one at least. The doors have been unlocked. Some even have the doorknobs scratched off, leaving deep claw marks on the door's surface. The interior of the first two rooms is not pretty, with old blood stained cots thrown around the room and rusted tin plates that may have once been used to feed whoever lived here, now a writhing cesspool of maggots.

Of note, the walls have been scrawled repeatedly with a crude eye symbol, of varying sizes, but no occupants within.

The third cell has similar conditions, but no cots strewn around and no plate to be found anywhere. A single ceiling light flickers in the room and casts its neon light on an old rickety table, where a single piece of torn paper has been left, covered in dust and grime:

Spoiler: An Old Entry
    Show

September 8th, 1965

Hello, new job! With Hope's Caress abuzz now, I went from a drifter to management sifter! Sure, some would say the job stinks (no pun intended), but the paycheck sure is good and all I have to do is keep these valves working!

And a good thing too: I still can't figure out the entire sewer complex. It's a freaking maze down here! As long as I stay put and check these valves, I'm golden.

Ok, not the best job, but you know what? It's easy money. And why look down on a good thing?

Of note is the date. This was written several decades ago. And the name used here is the one The Mercy used to have before the Great Fire.

Lendra stays by the door and turns her gaze at the fetid pool.

"Something... something just popped in and out of the water. I think. It was too quick, but I can see ripples. Be on your guard every...""

@The Party: A gruff male voice can be heard echoing around the entire place. This message is preceded by static. Some device planted around here, no doubt, to send messages:

It would seem you aren't deterred, but are most certainly trapped.

I saw one of you- a fellow by face only. She vanished, but I have been informed that it is only momentary and of no use against The Queen's servants. Still, that facility was sealed for a reason. And since I have been granted the role of Overseer, it is my sworn duty to Her Divinity to keep you down there.

Oho! I sure wish I could be there to watch you squirm face to face! Just to make sure you don't get any ideas...

It's a spark sound from down the hall. Specifically, from the lift area as the Overseer's piggish laugh echoes around the entire facility, followed by high pitched screeches and distant growls. The screeches are way closer as five creatures drop from vents above and effectively surround you from both the stairs and the lift area:

They are as tall as Randa herself, but that's where any similarities end. Disgusting amalgams of who knows what as their jaws distend and vicious claws swing wildly above their head, with three rushing down the stairs where Davish is and the other two going after Laura and Lendra.

They do not, however, seem to have noticed Randa.

Round 1

@Davish: More monsters.

The others may have had a problem dealing with the unseen ones above, but not you. Still, these new buggers are fast, as they leap from the stairs and screech right into your face, pouncing upon you with bestial ferocity.

Spoiler: 1st Pounce
    Show

1st Claw: (1d20+10)[23] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[7] damage

2nd Claw: (1d20+10)[30] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[10] damage

Spoiler: 2nd Pounce
    Show

1st Claw: (1d20+10)[14] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[8] damage

2nd Claw: (1d20+10)[25] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[9] damage

Spoiler: 3rd Pounce
    Show

1st Claw: (1d20+10)[12] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[9] damage

2nd Claw: (1d20+10)[24] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[11] damage

@Francisco: It seems you are being watched... by an Overseer?

Whoever it is, he has the ability to keep you down in this place. Or so he would think. The arrival of new enemies was somehow expected. The others above could teleport and they did not follow. Perhaps this is why.

Davish will have to deal with the ones on him. Given his previous experience, those things should be cleaved down immediately.

It's the two on the other end that give both Lendra and Laura a surprise as one of them runs towards both warriors and scales the side of the wall, avoiding both axe and blade before attempting to slash you arm off.

Spoiler: Tumbling Claw
    Show

Claw: (1d20+8)[24] if hit, Francisco takes (1d8+3)[7] damage

@Laura: So more of these sewer dwellers?

Who knew so many ugly critters lived right beneath your feet? These bugs... they need to be squashed. And as one skitters on the wall to get at the Pelorian, the other one leaps at you, eager to cut your body piecemeal.

Spoiler: Pounce
    Show

1st Claw: (1d20+10)[29] if hit, Laura takes (1d8+3)[11] damage

2nd Claw: (1d20+10)[11] if hit, Laura takes (1d8+3)[6] damage

Lendra grips her blade and directs her angry gaze at the beast with Laura and slashes at the critter twice. She manages to hurt it once. a mighty blow, but like those creatures above, the hide these have is somewhat durable. Not as durable as the ones above, though. And only because Lendra swung a tad too eager, these things may not be too much of a hassle... maybe.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    ??? x5

Lendra

Randa

Laura

Davish

Francisco

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

"You scratch like a five year old!" Laura yells back at the one that injured her, threatening to cut it in half in retaliation.
    Spoiler
    Show

Full attack, -5 PA

(1d20+16)[28] (1d12+23)[31]
    (1d20+11)[14] (1d12+23)[35]
    (1d20+6)[14] (1d12+23)[30]
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2020-09-15 at 04:48 PM.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

Francisco Starfire
    Flails mightily testing to see if his weapon can do harm to this bug.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Full attack targetting the bug that slashed him.

A (1d20+15)[24] D (1d8+4)[12]
    CA (1d20+15)[18] CD (1d8+4)[5] (If needed)

A (1d20+10)[28] D (1d8+4)[12]
    CA (1d20+10)[27] CD (1d8+4)[10] (If needed)

A (1d20+5)[14] D (1d8+4)[11]
    CA (1d20+5)[10] CD (1d8+4)[6] (If needed)

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

@Laura: But a mere scratch.

Lendra has managed to hurt this thing good, but not kill it. Despite its nimbleness, your axe manages to swing at just the right moment, cleaving the creature nearly in two as pus colored blood splatters on yourself and the walls before you retrieve your axe and watch the chitinous fiend twitch and prop on the floor at your feet.

@Francisco: More monsters.

You may not have Pelor's mace by your side now, but you have the Almighty's strength, which handles your own mace rather well as you bash the critter twice on its chitinous frame, causing cracks to appear on its disfigured frame. Good enough to kill anyone unlucky enough. This one is barely hanging by a thread as you reposition yourself and watch Laura strike down one of them.

This creature resisted the blow from your mace, but not by much. You should be able to handle them with relative ease. Just don't let your guard down.

Round 2

@Davish: The three who pounced upon you chitter amongst themselves and have tow sidestep and gain a flanking advantage as the claws come in with full fury.

Spoiler: 1st Flanking Claw Routine
    Show
    1st Claw:(1d20+10)[18] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[10] damage

2nd Claw:(1d20+10)[20] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[7] damage

Spoiler: 2nd Flanking Claw Routine
    Show
    1st Claw:(1d20+10)[25] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[7] damage

2nd Claw:(1d20+10)[21] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[9] damage

The third one, emboldened by its kin's efforts, goes into the offensive as well.

Spoiler: Full Attack
    Show
    1st Claw:(1d20+8)[22] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[10] damage

2nd Claw:(1d20+8)[16] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[10] damage

@Francisco: This one is at Death's Door.

But unlike the ones you fought above earlier, it doesn't retreat. Instead, opting to dig its hind claws on the wall for support as it digs its forelimbs upon your body.

Show
    1st Claw:(1d20+8)[17] if hit, Francisco takes (1d8+3)[9] damage

2nd Claw:(1d20+8)[25] if hit, Francisco takes (1d8+3)[5] damage

And then Lendra brushes Laura aside and slices the creature's face off with a single swipe as its body is left anchored on the wall, pus colored blood spurting on your boots from the wound as the body twitches involuntarily.

"They aren't so tough. Let's take the rest down before we are overwhelmed!""

Show
    ??? x3

Lendra

Randa

Laura

Davish

Francisco

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

Francisco Starfire frowns at the bug's suicidal frenzy but will attempt to put it down.
    Show

Another full attack:

A (1d20+15)[28] D (1d8+4)[11]
    CA (1d20+15)[26] CD (1d8+4)[11]

A (1d20+10)[13] D (1d8+4)[5]
    CA (1d20+10)[14] CD (1d8+4)[12]

A (1d20+5)[13] D (1d8+4)[6]
    CA (1d20+5)[6] CD (1d8+4)[7]

To little too late, he recalls he can speak their tongue.
    Surrender, you are overmatched.
    Last edited by Novabomb; 2020-09-17 at 12:06 AM.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

@Francisco: Pitiful creatures...

Unlike the creatures above, these don't seem to be much of a menace, really. To a far more inexperienced team, certainly. But as has been demonstrated by you, Laura and Lendra, they can be put down.

And this belief is shown true as you perform a final coup de grace on the chitinous being on the wall, bashing its head squarely against the wall as it stops moving entirely.

And because you have been graced with the ability to speak to all of The Lord's creatures, you usher a true statement at the three remaining foes engaged with Davish, causing a chortled piggish laugh that echoes around the entire place. The voice of The Overseer:

You would attempt to parley? With them? I was told you tried that earlier with The Queen's servants. How well did that go? You are a servant of the sun god, Pelor... yes. I can see that damn symbol. Priest, your words hold no weight against these flawed creations. Kept down here for untold time by their equally flawed master. All they can do is feed. And although they may have resorted to cannibalism, on account that fresh meat in that place is horribly scarce...

They would not and will not listen to the words of their prey. Especially soft flesh such as the one you and those in your company present!

Round 3

@Davish: These things are not letting go of their relentless attack against you.

Claws swipe at you from all sides in a flurry of shrieks and distended jaws, eager for a meal, just as the voice mentioned.

Spoiler: Flanking Full Attack
    Show

1st Claw: (1d8+10)[16] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[10] damage

2nd Claw: (1d8+10)[14] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[9] damage

Spoiler: Flanking Full Attack
    Show
    1st Claw: (1d8+10)[15] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[10] damage

2nd Claw: (1d8+10)[11] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[10] damage

Show

1st Claw: (1d8+8)[14] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[4] damage

2nd Claw: (1d8+8)[15] if hit, Davish takes (1d8+3)[4] damage

@Francisco: Lendra rushes towards the group attacking Davish and strikes one of the creatures flanking the marshal once, sinking her blade into the monster's shoulder and wedging her blade out as she looks at you and shakes her head.

"These are monsters, Father. By my guess, single minded in their purpose. The best we can do is cut them down and make our lives easier as we find Clarity and get the hell out of this damn place.""

Lendra looks up at the ceiling for a brief second and then focuses back on the remaining opponents.

"Also, I want to see that Overseer. Face to face."

Show
    ??? x3

Lendra

Randa

Laura

Davish

Francisco

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Laura leaps on the healthiest-looking remaining creature, attempting to tear it to tearing it into tiny bits with mighty swings of her axe!

Spoiler
    Show

Reckless Charge/Pounce

(1d20+23)[40](1d12+35)[36]
    (1d20+18)[35](1d12+35)[46]
    (1d20+13)[17](1d12+35)[38]

Last edited by RCgothic; 2020-09-18 at 02:37 AM.

23. - Top - End - #773

DruidGuy

As though lost in some afternoon daydream, Davish suddenly snaps back to reality to find a trio of bug like things scratching at his armor. Have they no common decency? This is not how you go about introducing yourself to new people! And with that, Nirvana flashes thrice through the air.

Spoiler
    Show

sorry for my absence, life has been both busy, and interesting this week

presuming laura's awesome attack above me hits and kills at least 1'll divide my attacks between the remaining 2

(1d20+18)[35] for (3d6+27)[39] plus (2d6)[6] holy, plus (1d6)[5] if undead
    (1d20+18)[27] for (3d6+17)[26] plus (2d6)[4] holy, plus (1d6)[6] if undead
    (1d20+13)[20] for (3d6+17)[22] plus (2d6)[8] holy, plus (1d6)[1] if undead

crit confirm (on a 37 or 38, or 3rd attack of 32 or 33) if needed, reduce attack by 5 if its the 3rd attack
    (1d20+18)[22] for (3d6+27)[41] plus (2d6)[5] holy, plus (1d6)[2] if undead

Show

I mean, I have been assuming Jdizzlean looks like Nathan Fillion this whole time to start with...
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

@Laura & Davish: There is a reason you two have been sent down here.

It's a symphony of blade against chitin and the splash of pus colored blood as all three disgusting creatures are butchered and have their remains splattered against the stairs and wall. With a few chunks plopping on the cistern below.

The place has gone quiet. For now. No enemies have come out to face you after this impeccable display of strength.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Francisco Starfire

To Lenra
    You may be right, and it is sad.

To the Rest
    Let us Hasten, I doubt that will be the last.

26. - Top - End - #776

DruidGuy

Davish goes back to searching the rest of the rooms, on the lookout for some device that might open the locked door. He's certainly pondering the possibility of just beating it open..
    Show

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

@Francisco: You need to move forward.

Lendra cleans the blood from her blade and looks at the putrid cistern as you mention the fate of these things, causing her to nod.

"Monsters are just that, Father. I have not left The City and trekked through its environs. Maybe there are beings out there that can be reasoned with. But things like these... it's an act of mercy, really.""

@Davish: So far, nothing down here has been able to hold itself against Nirvana.

Why would a door be any different? And yet, you find yourself leading the group up the stone stairs and towards the second floor,m kicking the dead creatures out of the way as they plop unceremoniously onto the water below.

This new area is big, just as the one below. Doors line each side of the railway, which creates a balcony of sorts from which you can walk around and look down at the area you already were in.

The cells themselves aren't open at a quick glance, but several feet away, against a blinking faulty light, you do see a body strewn against an old metal tray with wheels. This one has been tossed aside, much like the body itself, which is wearing an unusual white suit. Not armor like any in your company would be sporting. A suit that covers even its face... were it not be scratched open.

A dark pool of blood forms around the body, but isn't moving.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

Francisco Starfire examines the body.
    May your soul find rest

Show

Heal (1d20+11)[22]
    How long has the body been dead?

Does the body have any items that might identify what the person was doing down here?

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

@Francisco: More dead people.

The second floor is devoid of sound except for that of your foot steps as you approach the dead figure and check on him.

It's a man. Used to be a man. Whatever he's wearing, it didn't protect him from getting mauled on the neck. Must've been a quick death. Given the state of his flesh. Decomposition... it must've been well over a year. Give or take.

As for what he's wearing? As far as you can tell, the white suit is not really something someone wears normally. Not that anyone in present company would walk around all day in armor. The white suit this person is wearing was used by the Church of Pelor and many other religious factions in the City. It was developed by Runestone initially and its purpose was to protect the wearer when dealing with hazardous conditions.

Any traces of arcane weaving, though... aren't there. In fact, the use of these suits is not continued because the City has no need for them and if they did, people like you could pray to Pelor or any other figure of deific relevance for adequate protection.

A quick search reveals that he is holding something. No relevant names. None that you have heard about before. This is written on a piece of paper and folded into his pocket.

Spoiler: Piece of Paper
    Show

Subjects 43-C , codenamed "Alpha" are to be transferred to the main facility, along with the lesser specimens. Procure only two of each. The Queen does not require any more.

Of note, Subject "Stan" is to be restrained in this complex until further methods of controlling it can be achieved.

Subjects are to be taken to Weapon Storage and placed in stasis immediately.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

Francisco Starfire shows the others his findings, and then will proceed to aid in the search.