1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

{{Eh ill go for anyone who is still up and functioning. :) }}

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grunting a response at Ilane's order, Gaius continues to play with the men he's fighting.

"Sorry boys, we're going to have to make this quick. Have to be heading out in a second, you heard the lady."

Grinning at them, he takes a step back before swinging.

Spoiler
    Show

Let's see if me rolling affects anything. Nope, Gaius is just unlucky I guess.
    Attack: (1d20+11)[13]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[12]
    Last edited by Mavian; 2007-11-16 at 04:33 PM.
    High Ref and Recruiter for the PvP Arena.

Characters for the Arena: || Snake || Yoshi || Todd

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

"Good, that move seemed to have bought us some time. Now, I understand you men want to get to the enemy?" he says with a few passing motions of his hands. There is a shimmering around him and the other four Aeolians, and they all seem invigorated and full of energy, their motions are also slightly blurred due to the speed of their movement.

"You Assault that shell hole in front of us, troops, Bayonets fixed. Show Milly what we got!" With that Sangius picks up the autogun for a second time. With a slight wince he wrenches back the cocking handle. As he does that one the knives hovering around his head shoots off towards the milonians Gaius is fighting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, casting Haste on myself and the four other milonians who are moving forward. I then order them to stom hole 2 (milonian group 4). then a move action to pick up the autogun and get myself comfortable. Does the autogun give movement penalties cause its heavy?

Knife shot towards Milonian group 5 (the one on -1)
    To hit: (1d20+9)[22]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[6]

Sangius
    AC: 19 + cover
    Cloud of knives: 4 rounds
    Haste: 5 rounds
    + 1 to reflex saves
    Sigatar by Me

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Awwwww, whad a cute little flyboy ace!" Eris pats the pilot (resisting the urge to hug the artifact) and grins back. "Yeah, just remember Centurion Ilane and her brave officers when you rejoin the great fleet in the sky!

He grabs the man by his collar and continues rushing him out of combat back to the lines proper.

Spoiler
    Show
    Before this becomes an in-game problem I just want to note that I was given two set of orders. I suppose the latter would supercede the former, but Eris has a mind of his own that's kind of narrow.

Shouting back he gives the men in the hole a new set of orders.
    "Decurion! Creeping (slow-moving, cautious, possibly prone) assault to adjoin withdrawal with Centurion!"
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-11-17 at 03:44 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ave, Duplicarius. Looks like the Centurion could use a hand. I think the range we're operating at is a little excessive. There's a range about 60 feet forward that is a charming little pied-a-terre. I think I'll try my luck from there."

Aware of, and nervous about, his technical violation of Ilane's order, Atticus nonetheless prepares to make the dash.

Spoiler
    Show
    What language does an Aeolian drop into when he wants an ironical sophistication? Raen, maybe.

Double-move to Ridge 4, in any case, and take up a prone position thee (I assume rifles can be operated in that position? If not, kneeling.)
    Last edited by Selv; 2007-11-17 at 07:09 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Battle

The Thunderbolt pulls up, banking around to come back for another pass.
    Atticus breaks cover, and runs towards the ridge up ahead. At the duplicarius' signal, the five Aeolians follow suit and run, following the Immune onwards to to the ridge. The group reachs the ridge, dropping into cover behind the earth and lowering the banner.
    Behind Gaius' ridge, one of the Milonians hangs back, gripping his rifle tightly, but his companion stabs out with his bayonet. Gaius steps back from the attack, turns the blade away and strikes back with his heavy sword. The soldier is lucky though, and he ducks under the blade that might well have severed his arm. As the soldier straigtens up, a blur of whirring steel rips into his chest from above.

In the debris the Aeolians hear their commander's orders, and creep forward in the wreckage cover to the edge. All seven open fire at the hole, but most of the shots pepper the edges of the ridge. One, however, hits a Milonian soldier dead on. He collapses backwards, but the wound doesn't seem to be enough to take him out of the fight alltogether.
    The Milonians in the hole fire back. One Aeolian is hit, clutching his chest in agony as the bullet cuts through it. More Milonians open fire at the hole to the right of the plane, again wounding one.
    The Aeolians from that hole return fire, but the bullets fail to find their targets thanks to the cover of the holes.

Eris, followed by the pilot, fall back away from the battle and back towards the trenches. As the two depart, Tilius, supporting Augurius on his shoulders, follows, limping back towards the relative safety of Aeolan trenches.
    Ilane's flail hits the wounded Milonian hard, and he collapses backwards, clutching his chest, but he is still in the fight
    A red-tinged heathaze spreads across the two Aeolan teams as Sangius prepares to make his run. A knife jumps clear, sailing over to the battle behind the ridge someway ahead.
    Two of the Milonian soldier stab back at Ilane with bayonets, whilst one draws a revolver. Ilane easily turns aside the blades, and the revolver shot disintergrates in the shimmering protective field.

Spoiler
    Show

Milonian Group 1 - All okay
    Milonian Group 2 - One on (-2), one on (-1), one disabled
    Milonian Group 3 - All okay
    Milonian Group 4 - Two on (-1), one okay
    Milonian Group 5 - One disabled, one on (-2), one okay
    Milonian Group 6 - One on (-1), two disabled
    Milonian Autogunners - All disabled

Aeolan Group 1 (Four soldiers plus sergeant) – All okay
    Aeolan Group 2 (Three soldiers) – One on (-1), two okay
    Aeolan Group 3 (Four soldiers) – All okay
    Aeolan Group 4 (Four soldiers) – All okay
    Bear - Disabled (ouch :( )

Sangius - (-2), in plane wreckage
    Gaius - (-1), ridge 3
    Atticus - (-2), ridge 4
    Eris - (-1), heading back to the trench
    Ilane - (0), ridge 1

Nice going guys; no injury checks for anyone!
    Last edited by Zafuel; 2007-11-17 at 02:54 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Sangius quickly surveys the battlefield, noticing that the fighting, whilst still intense, is swinging in their favor. Another knife flies off towards the Milonians battling Gaius, zooming towards . "lets get going!" He shouts to the Hasted Aeolian me. "Assault the shell hole in front of us, once you have cleared them out move onto the Milonians hiding behind the ridge on the far left." Sangius himself drops the autogun ((Screw this, I can do more damage up close and personal)) He dashes after the men towards the hole. His movements blurred. Upon landing in the Hole he smiles slightly, "Good Day chaps," he says "wonderful weather for it" As he says this a bolt of fire explodes from his hand and slams into the already wounded soldier. the pearl set into his ring glows faintly as he fires off the spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, knife
    To hit: [roll]1d20+9[/roll]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2]

Move action to get into hole 2 (where I am ordering the soldiers to move to, which they can make in one move action cause their movement speed is 60ft. so they can still attack milonian group 4.

Then standard action, once I am in the hole, I am firing a Kelgores fire bolt at any soldier that is not disabled or dying, if the soldiers wiped out all three men then I instead fire the bolt at the Milonian who is attacking Ilane with the revolver. Then I am re-preparing the firebolt with my pearl of power

Firebolt damage: [roll]5d6[/roll]
    Reflex for half damage DC 15

Sangius
    Cloud of knives: 3 rounds
    Haste: 4 rounds
    + 1 to reflex saves

EDIT: for some reason some of my rolls won't work and now that I went back and tried to edit the code to try to get it to work it is accusing me of cheating, and the rolls still don't work, *sigh*
    Its back to good old invisible castle: Firebolt 5d6 = 22
    Knife to hit: 1d20+9 = 10

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Exeson; 2007-11-18 at 04:40 AM.
    Sigatar by Me

8. - Top - End - #128

"You get a bit in front of me and I'll follow from behind. Shout for me if you need help and stay safe." Eris shouts to the pilot, muttering something about covering fire for the two miles and stepping another five feet forward before turning about and drawing his rifle. He fires once at any unconscious Milonian in his sight, hoping to kill.

rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    (range unaccounted for)
    to-hit (1d20+7)[27]
    damage (1d12)[3]
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-11-18 at 11:18 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129

rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Critical Hit confirm: (1d20+7)[23]
    Critical hit damage: (2d12)[17]

"HEY." he shouts back to the pilot.
    "If you want to experience the joy of an infantry man for a stint I can toss you a pistol."
    Eris is standing straight up, not taking cover. Possibly drawing attention to him mostly uninjured self on purpose to cover for the pilot and the others.

"CLEAR OUT THE ONES FAKING UNCONCIOUSNESS! LET NO MAN THAT DID NOT SURRENDER SURVIVE!" he screams to the nearest miles that just arrived. Perhaps it would intimidate the opposition. These fallen ones wouldn't become wounded in action and rejoin their comrades later, oh no. Too bad they didn't surrender.

Fortitude + Important Question Relevant to Fortitude
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fortitude: -1
    My fortitude is currently -1 but I have the Monk Feat: Deflect Arrows
    My prior question as to wheter I'd be allowed to instead 'deflect bullet' was not answered.
    If this is the case I should be at vanilla injury modifier and be able to deflect one bullet this round and every round where I am aware of the attack/s.
    I'm ok with it if it is not, but then I'd like to pick the other feat offered at monk level 2 instead if at all possible. Thanks.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-11-18 at 10:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Roll:(1d20+6)[7] Full out Power Attacking
    Damage: (2d6+18)[23]
    If he drops one, he'll cleave at the next one.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[16]
    Damage: (2d6+18)[24]

*Yep, yet again a number below 5. I'm just going to give up on rolling entirely.

"Hmm, not bad. But lets see how you deal with this."

Tightening his grip on his weapon, Gaius unleashes a massive attack at the Milonian infront of him, swinging with all the power of his massive frame.
    Last edited by Mavian; 2007-11-18 at 05:52 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

{{Could Selv post for this round? Thanks.}}

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Atticus is not confident of his ability toe-to-toe. From cover at the ridge, he tries to line up a shot at one of the Milonian groups not in melee. After the crack of the rifle, he slams another round into the breach and prepares to do so again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack rolls (1d20+6=13, 1d12=9) at Group 4 (if I'm not mistaken).

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

{{Still waiting on Ilane}}

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zafuel View Post
    {{Still waiting on Ilane}}
    The impatience...*shakes head, waggeles finger*
    Sigatar by Me

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ilane

"May the power of Mars compel you. To die! Oh and idiot with that revolver Mars protects me from petty bullets."

Swinging for whichever of the two trying to stab me look more injured.

Attack - (1D20+6)[22]
    Damage - (1D8+3)[9]

{posty post}

And if any of the Miles are down - someone shout me, ill disengage these 2 ASAP.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Battle
    Atticus, the Duplicarius and his squad open fire. The shots mostly hit the mud on the shell-hole lip, but one snakes through and hits a Milonian squarely in the chest. He is hurt, but not fatally, and clutches his rifle tightly as he fires back.
    Two scything bayonets are lunged at Ilane, but she turns them aside with a deceptive grace.
    As one Milonian lunges forward with his bayonet, the other scrambles for the edge of the hole, abandoning his companion to his fate. The bayonet misses, and Gaius swings down his sword in an arc of destruction, but the Milonian is able to avoid the heavy blade.

The four Aeolians break cover, the outlines blurred with speed, dropping down into the hole on top of the Milonians before they can react. Steel blades slice into the enemy soldiers; two manage to turn the sharp bayonets away in turn, one cries out in agony as a blade slices through his shoulder, and one falls backwards into the mud as his eyes glaze over. Three more Aeolians arrive, not gifted with Sangius speed, dropping down into the trench and raising bladed rifles at the enemy.
    Seeing the carnage inflicted by the Aeolians, the Milonian soldiers from the farthest ridge break cover and head towards the battle.

Gunshots ring out at the Aeolians in the right shell hole, but the shots, tempered by terror, are wildly inaccurate. The Aeolians return fire; two shots hitting the sheltering enemy soldiers. One shouts out a garbled prayer in Milonian as he drops backwards into the mud, the other a curse and a groan of agony.
    Eris and the pilot turn and start heading back towards the battle. A shot rings out from the rifle in Eris' hands; it is a master stroke of aiming, and halfway across the battlefield, a Milonian drops, not even knowing he was hit as he passes into the light. The pilot looks at the revolver in his hand, then removes a large metal pinecone shaped object from his pocket. It looks similar to the one that the Thunderbolt dropped.
    "One left," he grins, "courtesy of the Pteron Legions. Does your commander need a hand?"

Ilane's flail rips into another Milonian, and he winces in agony.
    The same red-tinged heat haze surrounds Sangius, just behind the Aeolian troops as he drops down into the shell hole. The flames leap at the wounded soldier, and for a moment, he stands as the fire consumes him, then his eyes glaze over and his body is swallowed up in blazing light.
    Sangius' dagger leaps away with a mind of its own, slamming into one of the Milonians facing Gaius, and leaving a bloody trail across the man's uniform.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry about the lateness of this round; took me a while to get my act together.

(1) Milonian Group 1 - One okay, two disabled
    (2)Milonian Group 2 - Two on (-2), one disabled
    (3)Milonian Group 3 - All okay
    (2)Milonian Group 4 - One on (-2), one on (-1), one disabled
    (2)Milonian Group 5 - One disabled, one on (-3), one fleeing
    (1)Milonian Group 6 - One on (-1), two disabled
    (0)Milonian Autogunners - All disabled

(5)Aeolan Group 1 (Four soldiers plus sergeant) – All okay
    (3)Aeolan Group 2 (Three soldiers) – One on (-1), two okay
    (4)Aeolan Group 3 (Four soldiers) – All okay
    (4)Aeolan Group 4 (Four soldiers) – All okay

Sangius - (-2), in hole 2
    Gaius - (-1), ridge 3
    Atticus - (-2), ridge 4
    Eris - (-1), with pilto
    Ilane - (0), ridge 1

@Eris
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, missed your question. I would prefer you to use the other feat, I think "deflect bullets" strains credibility somewhatt. Sorry for not answering sooner.
    I just feel that ignoring a bullet every round is going to be... insane, when you're not going to be hit by more than one at a time.
    Last edited by Zafuel; 2007-11-20 at 02:16 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Sangius surveys the field as another of his knives subconsciously fly into one of the milonians next to him. He then assaults one of the Milonians still standing with his bayonet. "Keep at least two of them alive, tie them up so we can take them back for interrogation, get the important looking ones. As for the rest...Kill them all." He orders to then men around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, I shoot a knife at Milonian in my hole
    To Hit: (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[7]

then I make a full Attack action to attack twice at any milonian still standing. I don't know how much damage a bayonet deals but it Do two attacks at +2

I will also cast Electronic vengeance on any milonian who wounds me (immediate action) which deals 2d8 +5 damage to whoever wounded me (with a melee attack)

Sangius
    Cloud of knives: 2 rounds
    Haste: 3 rounds
    + 1 to reflex saves

Sigatar by Me

18. - Top - End - #138

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[20] Full out power attack
    (1d20+19)[24] That should've been 2d6+19, not 1d20. My mind has gone somewhere else it appears.

Gaius swings again at the nearest Milonian, praying to Mars that he'll manage to finally hit.
    Last edited by Mavian; 2007-11-20 at 05:13 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the answer. Oh and Ilane? I just thought of something funny: 'The Power of Mars compels you bitch!' Lol. Just something I thought Ilane might shout at the Millies someday.

Eris taps the pilot with a third charge from his cure wand then moves to give him some cover. "Sure. I'm glad we are able to teach each other something, he grins. Up up and away!"
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-11-20 at 10:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Atticus grimaces as he shoulders the rifle. (Our centurion calls on Mars to help her overcome the Milonian invocations of Mars. Ha!) Distracted by his thoughts, the shot is poorly aimed and he struggles to reload.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

{{Ilane?}}

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zafuel View Post
    {{Ilane?}}
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeson View Post
    The impatience...*shakes head, waggeles finger*
    you are a very impatient girl, that's naughty. :P
    Sigatar by Me

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

{{Since Stimpius hasn't posted, and I know pretty much what he's going to do, I guess I'll just post this round now. Sorry for the delay.}}

The Battle
    Atticus opens fire, but his rifle shot is far wide. The Aeolians also let loose rifle fire, but they too are unable to find a hit. Finally, the Duplicarius aims, fires, and the bullet slams into one of the Milonians hard. The man screams in agony, then drops into the mud and ceases to move.
    Two of the Milonians stab out at Ilane. The first bayonet is parried, but the second finds purchase, slicing into the centurion's guts.
    As his companion flees, the last Milonian soldier fighting Gaius makes a desperate strike with his long bayonet. Pushing off of his rear leg, Gaius pushes the attack away and brings down his sword with all of his strength. The Milonian is ripped apart, dropping to the ground is a mess of stained mud and uniform.

The Aeolians pile into the trench, slashing out with morbid efficency into the enemy soldiers. The first bayonet slices through the soldier's neck, and his eyes glaze over as he drops into the muddy ground. Another plunges the bayonet into the Milonian's chest, and he collapses to the ground with a spluttered prayer. As the Aeolians fill the hole, none of the Milonian infantry remain.

The firefight to the right of the crashed pteros continues. The Milonian bullets fail to find their targets but as the Aeolians return fire; a single shot strikes the soldier in the shoulder. He grimaces in pain, but continues the fight.
    The pilot, the revolver in one hand and the ignis charge in the other, sprints forwards, reaching the ridge where Atticus and the Aeolians are sheltering.
    The last of the pilot's injuries dissolve with a burst of silvery light from Eris' wand.
    There is a crack of bone as Ilane's flail strikes, and the Milonian doubles up in pain as he collapses to the ground.
    Sangius swings his bayonet, but the soldiers have already been cut down by the Aeolian strikes. They are wounded and bleeding on the ground of the wet hole.

Spoiler
    Show

A very succesful round for everyone this time; the Milonian numbers are certainly dwindling.

(1) Milonian Group 1 - One okay, two disabled
    (1)Milonian Group 2 - One on (-2), two disabled
    (3)Milonian Group 3 - All okay
    (0)Milonian Group 4 - All disabled
    (0)Milonian Group 5 - Two disabled, one fleeing
    (1)Milonian Group 6 - One on (-1), two disabled
    (0)Milonian Autogunners - All disabled

(5)Aeolan Group 1 (Four soldiers plus sergeant) – All okay
    (3)Aeolan Group 2 (Three soldiers) – One on (-1), two okay
    (4)Aeolan Group 3 (Four soldiers) – All okay
    (4)Aeolan Group 4 (Four soldiers) – All okay

Sangius - (-2), in hole 2
    Gaius - (-1), ridge 3
    Atticus - (-2), ridge 4
    Eris - (-1), with pilto
    Ilane - (0), ridge 1 (Injury check, DC 16)
    Last edited by Zafuel; 2007-11-24 at 09:25 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144

((Is the pilot fully healed now or did I heal myself that round?))

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Sorry, I missed your actions. Corrected now. Yes, he's now fully healed.))
    Last edited by Zafuel; 2007-11-24 at 09:25 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Atticus unthinkingly attempts an awkward half-salute while still resting on his elbows and holding the rifle with both hands.
    "Ave, Pteronaut. Is that what I think it is?"
    He briefly describes who is in each shell-hole, to the best of his knowledge.
    "How far can you throw that thing?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Either way, Aticus will move forward to Hole 7. I imagine it's a Move action to stand, another to move, and a free action to take cover. If I've action left over, though, I'll take a snapshot at any Milonian I can see that is ot in melee- +6 to hit.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Sangius kicks a milonian who is still conscious, he then signals for the Aeolian soldiers in the shell hole with him to charge the ridge where the centurion is battling. He then turns to and shouts to Atticus "looks like we have them on the back foot! Get the men to secure the auto gun, engine and anything else that looks important! Eris - Don't let that Pilot die on us!" Sangius himself then runs to the ridge himself and attacks any milonians still standing.

Spoiler
    Show
    move action to get to the ridge, standard action to attack.
    Sangius
    Cloud of knives: 1 rounds
    Haste: 2 rounds
    + 1 to reflex saves
    Last edited by Exeson; 2007-11-29 at 01:23 PM.
    Sigatar by Me

28. - Top - End - #148

(Thanks)

"Heeee's fine! He's no momma's boy (I checked!). He knows a little danger does him well."

Eris fires his rifle twice, rapidly, reloading and refiring with incredible speed, not bothering with cover at all as he stands where he last was when the pilot produced his bomb.

*bang*
    (1d20+7)[9]
    (1d12)[4]
    (20 actually, that's a +5)

"Say, I think you guys won this battle." he continues nonchalantly. "Remember to slaughter their wounded!"

*crack*
    (1d20+7)[22]
    (1d12)[5]

Eris' first priority are enemies targeting to flee, then enemies who are conscious and in the least cover possible except full cover and then enemies who are unconcious and in sight. (they should be easy to hit with 0 dex :P)
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-11-26 at 09:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moechi_Vill View Post
    *snip*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Um... How can Eris fire twice if reloading is a move action?
    Last edited by Exeson; 2007-11-25 at 04:25 AM.
    Sigatar by Me

30. - Top - End - #150

Spoiler
    Show
    (Combat Style: Ranged)
    Rapid Reload: A move action to reload becomes a free action, or something like that. I think a full action to reload becomes a standard action (or maybe a move action? Nah, standard action.).
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-11-25 at 12:19 PM.