Spoiler
    Show
    Ah!, how stupid of me not to remember that
    Sigatar by Me

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

Gaius

Gaius is going to charge Ridge 2, screaming like a madman.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll let you roll, as the board roller seems to hate me today.
    Sorry bout the delay,
    High Ref and Recruiter for the PvP Arena.

Characters for the Arena: || Snake || Yoshi || Todd

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Battle

Atticus, the Pilot and the Aeolians
    Atticus, accompanied by the pilot, rush forwards into the shell-hole a bit further ahead.

"It's an ignis charge, and not far," the pilot says as they run, "It's heavy. But I'd be more concerned with getting your commander out before I throw it in." He gives that lopsided grin again as they take cover.

As Atticus and the pilot take up cover in the hole, five Aeolians drop down and take up cover, preparing rifles for another shot. The duplicarius seeks out the Immune:

"We should be going, sir. Cato reckons Milly is going for a counterattack."

Ilane, Gaius and the Aeolians
    A Milonian bayonet lunges out at Ilane, but it is parried with relative ease.
    Even as the bodies of the Milonian team lie on the ground, Gaius pulls himself out of the hole and, pushing off powerful legs, throws himself at the next ridge. The furious cry rings out across the battlefield as he reaches the ridge.

One can almost hear the sound of heroic trumpets as the waves of Aeolan troops scale the ridge to join Ilane in the fight. A few of the bayonets are turned aside, but three cut into Milonian troops with a sickening ease. The first twists his face into a silent scream, baring the pain. Luck saves the second and he steps back, leaving only a scratch. But no such luck is present for the third; the devestatingly accurate bayonet takes its toll, and he collapses backwards into the mud.

Eris
    Eris fires off two shots from his rifle, one is wide, but one cuts down the Milonian fleeing from Gaius' hole and he drops down hard into the mud.
    The firefight to the right of the crashed plane continues. The last man in the hole manages to score a hit, but the Aeolan soldier holds out regardless.
    Even as two Aeolan bullets hit the Milonian soldier, he reloads his rifle for another shot.

Ilane and Sangius
    The wound in Ilane's side is grevious, but the brave centurion continues the fight regardless.
    Ilane's flail swings around again, perhaps fortified by the sudden appearance of eight more Aeolan soldiers. The soldier hit by the flail stumbles, but raises his bayonet for the counterstrike.
    Sangius swings his bayonet, but the soldiers have already been cut down by the Aeolian strikes. They are wounded and bleeding on the ground of the wet hole.

Sangius too, drops down along with Ilane and the Aeolians. He stabs out with his bayonet. The attack is a masterstroke of accuracy, and the Milonian is impaled completely as he dies, never seeing the flash of silver as the blade hit him.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1) Milonian Group 1 - One okay, two disabled
    (1)Milonian Group 2 - All disabled
    (3)Milonian Group 3 - One on (-1), two okay
    (0)Milonian Group 4 - All disabled
    (0)Milonian Group 5 - Two disabled, one fleeing
    (1)Milonian Group 6 - One on (-1), two disabled
    (0)Milonian Autogunners - All disabled

(5)Aeolan Group 1 (Four soldiers plus sergeant), All okay, hole 7
    (3)Aeolan Group 2 (Three soldiers) – One on (-1), two okay, ridge 1
    (4)Aeolan Group 3 (Four soldiers) – All okay, ridge 1
    (4)Aeolan Group 4 (Four soldiers) – All okay, hole 4
    Bear - Disabled (ouch :( )

Sangius - (-2), in hole 2
    Gaius - (-1), ridge 3
    Atticus - (-2), hole 7
    Eris - (-1), with pilto
    Ilane - (-1), ridge 1

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

With maddening glee Eris takes aim and fires twice at any unconcious Milonians. He moves a step forward.

aim (1d20+7)[24]
    bullet pierces for (1d12)[6]

aim (1d20+5)[16]
    bullet pierces for (1d12+5)[13]
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-11-29 at 04:24 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Very good, duplicarius. We're not here to fight a battle, after all."

Adjusting his voice to a shout, Atticus continues "Coalition! Withdraw! Ignis in hand! Counterattack anticipated!" (...and I hope I don't get court-martialled for trying to persuade a centurion to stop fighting.)

Adressing the pilot this time, "I have your dashboard notes, captain. Anything else left hereabouts that we ought to take home?"

Hoping to keep the Milonians in a state of fear, Atticus takes another shot at one of the distant Milonians not engaged in hand-to-hand fighting.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Sangius orders his men "you herd him, grab two of the unconscious enemies as prisoners and retreat" He then turns to Ilane "Centurion, we better get moving or the counter attack will be costly." He then shouts over to Gaius "Get back to our trenches, Geminus vicis!" Sangius himself runs back, taking cover in a shell hole.

Spoiler
    Show
    Right issuing the commands and then double moving to hole 7.

Sangius
    AC: 19 + cover
    Haste: 1 round
    + 1 to reflex saves
    Sigatar by Me

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ilane

{{Hi sorry for my serious lack of posting. It is not because I had forgotten about the thread but more because I was in hospital. I will spare you the details but i have had to have my apendix out as well as two blood transfusions and some form of electrode thing put into me (kinda like a pacemaker) after my heart stopped beating once. So if you would forgive me for the lack of posting im back hopefully good to play again. :) }}

Will post later - lesson shortly

8. - Top - End - #158

*hugz Stimpius

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

((You're Back!! *Glomps*))
    Sigatar by Me

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Good to see you again Stimpius.
    Glad to know everyone's still playing. Next round will come ASAP, after Mavian has posted.
    Last edited by Zafuel; 2007-11-30 at 05:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161

"Sorry Boy, but I guess I can't stay and play"

Bowing to the soldiers ahead of him, he's going to withdraw back to his previous location

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ilane

If there is any still up and in attackable range this round she will do that.

Otherwise

"Aeolians, FALL BACK! Orderly now."

On the off chance that there are the notes still in the aircraft she will grab them, then mutter a quick spell to mars and place herself under its effect.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting bears endurance

If we get out unmolested she will go around spontaneously casting CLW's on people and CM's if needed :)

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Battle
    As the Aeolians start preparing to fall back around him, Atticus lets loose another shot from his rifle, but it is far wide of the mark.

"I think we've got everything worth getting. We should probably destroy the engine block if we're not taking it."

Following their commander's example, the Aeolians open fire at the distant Milonian soldier as they prepare to head back towards friendly ground. The shots hit, but the two Milonians bite back the pain and continue the fighting regardless.

Gaius and the Aeolians
    As Gaius skids round, charging back towards his previous position, a rifle shot slams into his back like a burning arrow.

Hearing Sangius' command, the Aeolians heave two of the Milonians upwards and climb back over the ridge.

Eris
    Eris is like an angel of death, striding over the battlefield. A Milonian raises a shaky hand from the mud on the ground, even as Eris bullet slices into him and sends him backwards into the light.

The firefight near the pteros continues, the last Milonian being cut down by Aeolan bullets as they too prepare to fall back.

Ilane and Sangius
    Ilane, now deprived of targets, mutters a prayer to her war god. A shimmering of light surrounds her as the spell takes its effect. She climbs back over the ridge, and starts to head back towards the friendly trenches.
    Helping to support a wounded Milonian, Sangius sprints across to Atticus' hole, calling out his commands to any Aeolian that will listen.

Spoiler
    Show

Smaller round today, looks like everyone's headin' home.

(1) Milonian Group 1 - One okay, two disabled
    (1)Milonian Group 2 - All disabled
    (3)Milonian Group 3 - Two on (-1), one okay
    (0)Milonian Group 4 - All disabled
    (0)Milonian Group 5 - Two disabled, one fleeing
    (1)Milonian Group 6 - All disabled
    (0)Milonian Autogunners - All disabled

(5)Aeolan Group 1 (Four soldiers plus sergeant), All okay, hole 7

Sangius - (-2), in hole 7
    Gaius - (-1), ridge 3
    Atticus - (-2), hole 7
    Eris - (-1), on battlefield near to ridge 4
    Ilane - (-1), ridge 1
    Last edited by Zafuel; 2007-12-01 at 12:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Sangius shouts out to Atticus, "Do you need anything else from the Aeropteros or can I destroy it?" as he continues to retreat.

Spoiler
    Show
    if Atticus replies yes then I will double move to hole 6 but if he doesn't need anything else I will make a single move to ridge 4 and then fire a Kelgore's fire bolt at the engine.

Sangius
    AC: 19 + cover

Sigatar by Me

15. - Top - End - #165

"Hey! Where's my Pilot-bear? I don't think he's said anything for the last ten seconds. Look after him you sods!"
    "Not you Centurion!! Didn't mean you!"

Eris chatters away as he grabs the nearest unconcious Milonian he can find, knowing his paladinhood to be safe as long as they don't verbally surrender. Those hands, hard to know what they meant. He starts making his way back to the friendly lines with the milly-toy.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-12-02 at 11:30 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Grab the autogun, if you can. Then let's blow it and go home."

Spoiler
    Show
    If Sangius or any Aeolian is strugglign with weight, Atticus will stop to help them. Otherwise, he'll move back to wards the Aeolan lines. First one home makes the tea?

17. - Top - End - #167

Spoiler
    Show

Fort Save : (1d20+9)[13]

Gaius grunts as he is once again struck by a shot and muttering under his breath he continues his retreat towards the plane.

18. - Top - End - #168

Spoiler
    Show
    I might not have access for a week or more, but it is probably ok. I'm in Australia and going north.

"I'll make the tea Atticus. Milly 'aint got nothing on us except horrendous numbers!" Eris jumps from hole to hole backwards towards his own line, searching out his favorite card.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Battle
    Atticus lopes over the battlefield, flanked by the Aeolians and the Duplicarius. They pass over the ridge, and nearly make it to the far back hole. The pilot, meanwhile, ducks into the wreckage of muslin wings and wooden struts, heaving the autogun up and planting the glowing orange charge in its place. He runs across the swampy ground as the orange glows rises. The sound is heard across the battlefield as the whole pteros is consumed in bright orange flame.

Gaius and the Aeolians
    Gaius stumbles a bit as the bullet hits him, but continues nonetheless. He passes the plane wreckage as the pilot rolls clear and the ruined machine goes up in a rush of flame.
    The Aeolian soldiers in the nearby hole are falling back as well now, reaching the hole on the same line as Atticus and the others.

Eris
    As Atticus and the Aeolians trudge through the far back hole, they are joined by Eris, heaving a Milonian duplicarius under his arm.

Ilane and Sangius
    Slightly miffed at losing the oppotunity to destroy the plane, Sangius joins Atticus and Eris in the far hole.

Ilane parries the lunges of Milonian bayonets and falls back, reaching a hole quite near to the pyre of the aeropteros.

Above
    The prowling Thunderbolt loops round, but the drone of its engines is joined by another sound. From the Milonian side of the battlefield, two more planes, daubed with the broken diamond symbol of the Alliance have emerged.

The duplicarius whispers to the occupants of the hole:

"I'd feel a lot more comfortable in the trench, no?"

Spoiler
    Show

Kettle's on!

Right, Atticus, Sangius and Eris are in hole 6, along with most of the Aeolians, where they can make it back to the trench next turn.
    Gaius is about level with the burning pteros (two rounds away), and Ilane is in hole 3 (three).

(5)Aeolan Group 1 (Four soldiers plus sergeant), All okay, hole 6 with Atticus

Sangius - (-2), in hole 6
    Gaius - (-2), between burning plane wreckage and hole 4
    Atticus - (-2), hole 6, nearly home
    Eris - (-1), hole 6
    Ilane - (-1), ridge 1
    Last edited by Zafuel; 2007-12-06 at 08:28 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

"Move it men, all of you get back to the trenchs NOW!, once you get back search those men and get them tied up nice and tight, no one is to harm or talk to them until I get back, understood?" Says Sangius, sounding a bit too happy. he motions to Atticus "Until The Centurian and I return you are in command, make sure my orders are carried out. I shall wait for Gaius and the Centurian" He then turns his attention to one of the Milonian planes. The is a spark and a flash of light as a flaming rock speeds from his hand towards one of the planes with abnormal accuracy.

Spoiler
    Show

Sangius
    AC: 18 + cover

fireing a kelgores fire bolt at one of the milonian planes, targeting the engine
    Damage: (5d6)[12]. If the plane somehow gets a reflex save it is at DC 15
    Then using a move action to drop prone in the hole to maxamise cover.
    Last edited by Exeson; 2007-12-07 at 10:51 AM.
    Sigatar by Me

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Atticus salutes to conceal his relief at being ordered into cover. Despite the heat of the moment, his poker-face also conceals a spark of amusement at being told to search prisoners without touching them.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

((Oh, you know what I meant, no one is to slap them arround, edited for your convenience. happy? ))
    Sigatar by Me

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ilane

{{Sorry again computer died had to get it fixed not had internet access should be back to my usual one a day}}

"Atticus get those men back now!"

Watching Sangius take aim at one of the planes she decides on a different tactic.

Firstly she sends up a prayer and words of power to Mars and he blesses her with the protection of the spell.

{{Activating Magic Vestement}}

Then she will stand in the open and scream up to the skies,

"You can see me, come and get me!"

24. - Top - End - #174

Eris

"Cool! Errr, hot rather. You're throwing fire at a plane." Eris smiles as the necromancer and continues carrying the Duplicarious back to the trenches with whatever miles he can conscript for the task.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

{{Good to see you again, Stimpius. Round coming as soon as Mavian posts.}}
    Last edited by Zafuel; 2007-12-09 at 06:34 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176

Gaius is going stumble back towards the rest of the troops, moving as quickly as he can.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Trench
    (Moving away from round-by-round action for everyone out of the fight at the moment.)

Atticus, Eris and the pilot both push their way through barbed way and lower themselves into the Aeolan trench.

A tired looking Immune looks up the officers' dugout.

"Good to see you, two. Immune Lycia Naevius Aquila." She frowns, noticing an absence of officers.

"Your centurion? Optio?"

Even as the two suboptios catch their breath, the remaining Aeolan soldiers wearily scale the ladder and head back to the milites dugout.
    Gaius is trudging back towards home, where you can almost hear the whistle of a kettle through the smoky air. He reaches the trench, where he is greeted by Immune Aquila.

The Battleground

Ilane
    A glow surrounds Ilane as another of Mars' blessings fortifies the soldier. The Centurion calls out her challenge to the skies.

Sangius
    The arcane flaming stone lances upwards from Sangius towards the first of the Milonian planes. The rock just misses, but the fire ignites the blue-dyed muslin, cackling flames starting to consume the wing as the pilot banks around. Sangius drops down into cover as the flames start eating away at the enemy plane.

The Planes
    Two white-blue shapes drop from the Milonian planes, even as the pilot tries to extinguish the flames creeping up the wing. One drops into the mud with no hint that anything has happened, but the others erupts in a sudden flash of energy. Shrapnel is blasted in all directions, slicing into Ilane. Most are deflecting by the Centurion's various defenses, but a couple strike deeply.
    The Aeolan plane opens fire, the autogun rattling away, peppering the wings of the undamaged plane, but otherwise dealing very little damage.

Spoiler
    Show

Injury check for Ilane, please. DC 16.

Gaius - (-2), Atticus - (-2), Eris - (-1) - BAck at the Trench

Ilane - (-1), ridge 1
    Sangius - (-2), in hole 6
    Last edited by Zafuel; 2007-12-10 at 01:33 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Sangius pops his head up from the lip of the shell hole. "Centurian! I think we better get back to our lines, Maa'm" he shouts over before taking cover again, readying himself to leap out of the way in case more bombs are dropped or one of the planes decides to sweep the hole with its machine guns.

@Stimpius
    Spoiler
    Show
    Suggested course of action: get out of there. that is all.
    Last edited by Exeson; 2007-12-11 at 02:26 PM.
    Sigatar by Me

29. - Top - End - #179

"The Centurion and Optio were late for the party, so it seems they've decided to dance a little bit longer ma'am, they should be here shortly."

Gaius says as he slumps against the wall of the trench

30. - Top - End - #180

Eris

"Ah, she's like Athena's brother. She wants to take down the entire hostile aeroforce and army at the same time. We left a good number of soldiers to cover her retreat when she starts to feel poorly or vastly outnumbered. Personally I was busy taking care of recovering the primary objective, acting as the field cleric, taking prisoners, killing off the enemy wounded and my friend Atticus here was concentrating on getting all our officer's and men back alive! The necromancer and utilitarian focused on directing friendly troops. Anyway, I better go find some clerics to reinforce my wand! Oh, and this here is your pilot and one enemy duplicarius. I suppose you will organize their accomodations?"

"Thank you!" Eris throws the pilot a last smile.

He makes his way over to the command tent and relates the entire battle and what he just said to a superior officer but goes on...
    "She's a good soldier, she kept the enemies off us with our strong friend but you should make any one of us leader rather than her. Like Atticus, he stays behind and thinks until it is time to act. The Necromancer shows a keen tactical mind. I myself would put the overall objectives over the pursuit of Mars' glory. Centurion Ilane does not keep her cool and consequently she veers of the main objectives immediately. She stormed the enemy and allowed her command to deteriorate to a narrow field of vision, ordering only fire support and general strategy barely within hearing range. She should have ordered another one of us to do what she did, allowing her to actually lead instead of forcing a makeshift network of command of operations over on her subordinates.
    She is the best material for Optio I have ever seen in action and the worst Centurion."
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-12-12 at 03:31 AM.