New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Star Trek Adventures: Federation & Empire (IC Thread)

"Ship's Log, Stardate 48315.4. It has been nearly a month since the existence of the Dominion and it's Jem'Hadar were made clear to the Federation. The destruction of a Galaxy Class has left some members of my crew unsettled. So am I. At least, however, we are nowhere near that area.

We have picked up a signal from a probe we sent to survey a system labeled T-J253 listed on our star charts. The signal is an old Klingon transmission. Some kind of system status report. There is apparently a space station here. We will be dropping out of warp soon, with the station appearing on our starboard side. I am considering sending an away team to check out the station."

The Icarus drops out of warp, with a station of Klingon design appearing. The Klingon station seems to float in a way that generates unease. The sensor readings indicate that the station has low power, with partial life support in some sections. In one area without life support, a much stronger power signature has been picked up. It is also further into the station's core. Captain Sean glances over and motions slightly.

"Commander? Any thoughts? Does it look like we could assemble an away team and send them over?" He Asks
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Star Trek Adventures: Federation & Empire (IC Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by russdm View Post
    "Ship's Log, Stardate 48315.4. It has been nearly a month since the existence of the Dominion and it's Jem'Hadar were made clear to the Federation. The destruction of a Galaxy Class has left some members of my crew unsettled. So am I. At least, however, we are nowhere near that area.

We have picked up a signal from a probe we sent to survey a system labeled T-J253 listed on our star charts. The signal is an old Klingon transmission. Some kind of system status report. There is apparently a space station here. We will be dropping out of warp soon, with the station appearing on our starboard side. I am considering sending an away team to check out the station."

The Icarus drops out of warp, with a station of Klingon design appearing. The Klingon station seems to float in a way that generates unease. The sensor readings indicate that the station has low power, with partial life support in some sections. In one area without life support, a much stronger power signature has been picked up. It is also further into the station's core. Captain Sean glances over and motions slightly.

"Commander? Any thoughts? Does it look like we could assemble an away team and send them over?" He Asks
    Looks like the structural integrity will hold up, the away team will need to transport over to the outer areas in space suits as sensors show no life support active in sections. After a short look at personnel records, Captain I have selected an away team to go investigate the station.
    Tapping her com badge, Commander Daniels, Commander Gama, Chief V'Taar, Chief Frushnoll, report to transporter room 1 for an away mission.

Stepping off the bridge onto the lift and issue the command for it to go to transporter room 1, the trip was breif. stepping off the lift walking a short distance over to the transport technicians. We will be going over in suits make sure to compensate for that, and keep a lock on our badges just in case we need an emergency beam out.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Commander Daniels, Commander Gama, Chief V'Taar, Chief Frushnoll, report to transporter room 1 for an away mission."
    Monch responds with a grunt before nodding to one of the other engineers to take over monitoring the diagnostics he was watching. He starts heading for the transporter room, mumbling to himself as he goes.
    "Oh yeah, sure. Let's just head on over to whatever it is we've found and bring along the chief engineer. What could go wrong. Not like anything on this hunk of junk needs work, no, just let me drop everything..."

To anyone familiar with Tellarite body language it would be clear that Monch is just grumbling out of habit and isn't frustrated at all. Of course, few are willing to spend enough time in their company to become familiar with Tellarite body language, even on a Federation vessel.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

"I'm already there," V'taar replies as she rises from her desk, one finger on her commbadge as her other hand tidies up her desk. "Figuratively speaking." The clarification was unnecessary, but people tended to think of Vulcans a certain way - and playing into that tended to make them more comfortable than if she showed up acting the complete opposite. She heads straight to the transporter room, using her commbadge to ensure her subordinates are up-to-date and ready to take oversee her duties as she goes.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aye aye, Commander

Daniels rises from his post on the bridge and follows Commander Seleya towards the transport room. On the way he fiddles with his tricorder a bit, making a few quick notes in his personal log and preparing to search for life, especially Klingon, aboard the vessel.
    Last edited by woodwalker; 2020-01-16 at 04:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

With the away team organized, the Icarus beams them over to the station.

The Klingon station is cold even with the space suits on. There are no lights active, and material (odds and ends, like blood wine cups, utensils, the odd pad with no power, pieces of bulkhead, powerless tools) float around, periodically bumping into the away team. An eerie light from the stars partially illuminate in through windows, revealing the room that the away team appeared in to be some kind of mess hall. Bits of old rotten food float slightly along with the material mentioned above.

A partially broken open door leads out into a corridor that seems to go 3 directions, forward, to the right, and to the left. Something appears to be floating behind the door, but can't be made out from where the away team is standing at the other end of the room, plus the light from the windows don't go in far enough to light up behind the door.

(Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Activating her suit lights, looking at the area. activating her phaser to stun setting Phasers on stun, Monch see if you can find a working panel and get a diagnostic, then see if you can get the logs, so we can figure out what occurred here.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The instant the suit lights go on, the away team can see parts of floating Klingon blood. It seems to be coming from behind the door. A partial glimpse of part of a hand and fingers can spotted behind the door as well.

Floating in the corridor and slightly mostly dead is a tribble. It apparently was used as target practice. Which doesn't look too out of place in the room. Several black patches that look like either phaser or disrupter fire are along the walls.

A Klingon warrior looks to be partially fused in the wall near the corridor entrance closer to the ceiling, clearly a sign of failed transportation. His mouth lies open in silent scream.

The lights allow for a more clearer picture of the room, since not all parts were fully illuminated by the starlight.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Ah, you always take us to such nice places Commander." Monch states dryly. "I love the layout, plenty of room for all the floating garbage. And it even has some custom artwork!" he says, waving to the Klingon fused into the wall.

As he speaks Monch pulls out a tricorder to start scanning for power signatures in the area.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daniels takes a scan of the Klingon that's embedded in the wall, hoping for any clue on how he got there and how long he's been stuck.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Daniels does your scan give us anything useful on that klingon? using her tricorder to scan the area beyond the door

12. - Top - End - #12

V'taar waits patiently for the results of the scan, eyeing the tribble in the meantime.

13. - Top - End - #13

V'taar notices something off with the tribble. But speaking would alert it to her intentions, so rather than saying anything for now, she attempts to snatch the Tribble out of the air with her tight Vulcan grip.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

well my scans indicate a range of dead Klingon body parts. and a handful of faint power signatures. turning to the others Any thoughts

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Oh, what's this then? Our Klingon artwork here's got a live power signature on him. Maybe a scanning device?" Monch says as he approaches the Klingon fused into the wall, looking and scanning for what's giving off the power signature he detected.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

use caution there I do not like this.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Monch stops halfway to the wall to stare at the tribble floating in between him and the Klingon wall art. He then begins slowly backing up and reaching for his phaser. "Oh...this does not look good."

18. - Top - End - #18

V'Taar manages to seize the Tribble and alerts the others with a beep of her communicator. "The tribble is less dead than it appears. It seems to want to consume my suit."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

realizing that something is not right with things that are going on and then this odd tricorder reading, Seleya draws her hand phaser flicking the power meter to heavy stun.

Monch scan this area for odd any signatures
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-02 at 09:12 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Yeah, already did that. Wall art's got a partial signature, there's 3 others deeper in the station. One big one. And..." Monch goes silent for a moment as he slaps the side of his tricorder with the hand he had been reaching for his phaser with. "What was...got a neutrino emission outside. Might be a cloaked ship wandering about out there."

With that he steps forward, carefully avoiding the tribble trying to chew through V'Taar's suit, to try and take a look at the Klingon half-fused into the wall.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

yeah that is what I got a neutrino emission, everyone be ready for anything. moving about the area continuing to scan the area

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

V'Taar, there are no babes to cruise for here, I need you to scan for neutrino emissions and report your findings
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-07 at 10:36 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

This game is on a temporary halt.