New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Vana'diel: The Final Fantasy (Windurst)

Music selection: The Federation of Windurst

It is early in the afternoon on Earthsday, on the 23rd week of the year 884 C. E. (Crystal Era). There is a light wind saturating the fields of the Sarutabaruta region and the Federation of Windurst, and a clear sky allows the sun to sparkle on the clear water below the wooden planks and grassy platforms of Windurst Waters.

On the northeastern edge of waters, near the covered wooden bridge that leads to Windurst Walls, stands the Combat Caster Mokyokyo, clad in a lightweight green and tan uniform. She is a small tarutaru female with long, blueish hair and slightly orange skin. Standing nearby is the cardian automaton, the Four of Hearts, a standard-model cardian that wields a large quarterstaff and is presumably standing in as a representative from the government of Windurst and their adventurer's program. Though the cardian's expression is unreadable, Mokyokyo appears bright and cheerful, and her tarutaru face is constantly scanning the nearby area, as if she is looking for someone.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Location: K-9 of (north) Windurst Waters, on an intersection between Windurst Walls, the Aurastery, the Mog Houses, and the rest of Windurst Waters.

A Combat Caster is leader of a Caster Company, the divisions of the War Warlocks that sees the most actual combat. The cardian is a standard messenger of the Federation, as these constructs carry out many duties for the government of Windurst (check the monster entry under constructs if you're unfamiliar with how they appear). You may enter as you please. Consult the map if you need help picking an area to enter from.
    Last edited by Nu; 2007-10-22 at 11:54 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Vana'diel: The Final Fantasy (Windurst)

Pushmi Pullyu

A male tarutaru with red hair and slightly tanned skin is stumbling through Windurst City. He is wearing a common khaki adventure suit, along with a set of sky blue cloak and beret. There is a bright tint of red on his face, appearently caused by alcohol.

"Oh my oh my, the sleepy potion* that Mistaru Captain gave me is really-lily powerful! I wonder where he gets it..." the tarutaru speaks to himself in a rather loud voice, with his eyes pinned on a piece of paper. At a closer look, that is a very rough map pointing to somewhere in Windurst City...held in reverse.

"Ouch!" The tarutaru exclaimed in surprise as he walks into something hard. He is now much awaken from his drunkness, and finds that he is completely lost, and had stumbled into a cardian. Seeing a female tarutaru next to the cardian, he assumes that she is the master."Sorry-worry, I hope I didn't hurt him," he pats lightly on the chestpiece of the cardian, "My name is Pushmi Pullyu, I am looking for this place where they let you become an adventurer. May you help me with it?"

He hands the map to the female tarutaru, still held in reverse.

Spoiler
    Show
    *OOC:This 'sleepy potion' is just rum to dealt with 'airshipsickness' for passengers. Hope you don't mind me making this up.
    Last edited by Orzorz; 2007-10-23 at 06:59 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3

Mokyokyo moves forward to aid the apparently partially drunk tarutaru that had stumbled into her cardian companion, stretching her arms out to help. "Oh deary-weary, you look rough!" Once she realizes that the would-be adventurer had gotten ahold of himself, she steps back and straightens her uniform, and the cardian standing next to her speaks in an unusually high and melodic voice.

"yOu♥NeEdN't♥WoRrY.♥yOu♥DiD♥nOt♥DaMaGe♥ThE♥fOuR♥oF ♥hEaRtS." After the automaton says this, the Combat Caster smiles and looks up briefly at the cardian before returning her gaze to the tarutaru that had stumbled into them and addressing him.

"Adventurer? Well, it just so happens you bumped-thumped into the right people. You said your name was...sorry, I didn't quite catch it?"
    Last edited by Nu; 2007-10-22 at 12:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Seeing that these two are the people that he is probably looking for, Pushmi Pullyu rolls up the map and stuffs it into his belt. He then pulls his cheek with both hands to further wake himself up.

With a cheerful smile, he took off his beret, helds it on his chest and bows to the female tarutaru and the cardian."I'm Pushmi Pullyu. Nice to meet you."
    Last edited by Orzorz; 2007-10-23 at 06:58 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya walks in practically dragging Segomo by the arm. "Come on, aren't you a little bit excited? It's goin to be fun. We'll see new places, meet new people and experience all kinds of new things," Kaaya says trying to get Segomo as interested as she is.

She sees the trio of folks by the lake and strolls over. "Are you the one in charge of the adventurers? My name is Kaaya and this is Segomo and we're ready to adventure." She looks over to the cardian and exclaims, "You're pretty big, not as big as Segomo, but still pretty big. What's your name?"
    Last edited by bchilders; 2007-10-22 at 06:55 PM.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo is being dragged throughout Windurst City by Kaaya. He stands towering over the young, energetic feline creature. Kaaya keeps trying to convince him that this is going to be a great experience and that they would meet new people, and experience new things. He seems annoyed but in the back of his mind, is excited as the little one is. This is going to be interesting. I actually am pretty excited! he thinks.

Kaaya drags him to over to a tarutaru standing in the middle of the city.This must be the place to find adventure, huh? Kaaya begins to ramble on as she typically does to the small tarutaru and large cardian standing next to her. "Hello little one. Please excuse my friend. She tends to get excited very easily. Is this the place to find adventure?"
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 2007-10-23 at 04:15 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

"Yes-wes, you've all come to the right place!" Mokyokyo replies happily.

The cardian faces Kaaya and replies, "I♥aM♥tHe♥FoUr♥Of♥HeArTs.♥ThE♥pArLiAmEnT♥oF♥pAtRiA rChS♥sEnT♥mE♥tO♥rEgIsTeR♥nEw♥AdVeNtUrErS."

With this, the cardian holds out one of its limbs (the one not holding its quarterstaff), and produces a rather long sheet of paper, and hands it to Mokyokyo. The tarutaru takes it in her hands and looks at the three gathered before her, nods, and begins to speak once more, "You three have heeded-weeded the call to adventure in the service of Windurstaru. You will adventure for your own gain, as well as the benefitaru of all the citizens of the federation. The five ministries of magic, in particular-wicular, have great need for the services of you adventurers, since the War Warlocks-Zorlocks are mostly inactive at this time. In fact, your first assignmentaru comes directly from the the Orastery. This is a command from minister Hakkuru-Rinkuru, for you to assist his colleague in an experiment in the Horutoto Ruins." With this, she offers up the sheet of paper in her hands to the three. It appears to be a map of East Sarutabarua, with a tower to the far east circled. "The experiment begins in about one hour-sour, so you have some time to meander if you please."

The cardian again extends its free limb, and floating above it are three yellow rings crested with a green jewel. "ThEsE♥rInGs♥ArE♥pRoOf♥Of♥YoUr♥StAtUs♥As♥An♥AdVeNt UrEr♥Of♥WiNdUrSt."

"Once you complete this assignment, you'll be officially-zofficially registered, and new opportunities will open up for you. As for a reward, you'll have to see the minister aboutaru that, he didn't seem to mention it." Mokyokyo finishes brightly.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Map:
    The primary exit to East Sarutabaruta is Leviathan's Gate in Windurst Woods, though you can also just go to West Sarutabaruta and head east.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu listenes attentively as Mokyokyo briefs them about their first mission. He have had a few questions in his mind, but as soon as Four of Hearts produces the rings, Pushmi Pullyu got so fascinated by the scene, and bye-bye goes the questions.

"Amazing-blazing..." exclaimed Pushmi Pullyu, with his eyes are stuck on the rings. He takes a step forward, tip-toes, and slowly extends his right index finger to touch the rings. The moment his fingertip contacts with one of the rings, it resizes accordingly and slipped smoothly onto his finger.

9. - Top - End - #9

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Wow you have a very neat voice," Kaaya says to the cardian. She acepts the ring and places it quickly on her finger and continues talking, barely even pausing to take a break.

Kaaya looks over to the fellow adventurer and says, "What's your name? I'm really looking forward to all that we are going to be doing together. This stuff about expirements and ruins seems like it will be loads of fun. I guess we're going to get to know each other very well after a while. Me and Segomo already know each other but it's always good to get to know new people. So what do you want to do before we have to go to the ruins?."
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo bows to the cardian and combat caster and accepts the ring. It seems to be a little small for his giant finger but as soon as he begins to slip it on, it expands and becomes form-fitting. There must be some interesting magic in this ring. I haven't experienced this type of magic before. Xandir explained a little about magic to me, and I saw a little of it in my journeys since I left, but never anything like this.

"Excuse me little one. What sort of magic exists in this ring you have given us?"

Segomo looks curiously at the ring and the combat caster, while also keeping Kaaya in his peripheral, always in his peripheral.
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 2007-10-23 at 04:11 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

"That ring-wing grants small enhancement to your brainpower-wower and agility," Mokyokyo explains. "It can also resize to fit any wearer-bearer, that's a fairly simple trick our talented casters can grantaru such items. But its main purpose is to mark your status-cadus as an adventurer in the federation's service. They're produced in mass quantities, so it's natural-catural the magic they hold is not very strong. However, greater rewards awaitaru should you continue to help make Windurst stronger!" This last bit is said with an encouraging smile.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu points his head up and replys to Kayaa, "I'm Pushmi Pullyu. I hope we will all have a happy-yippy adventure together! Miss Kayaa and Mistaru Segomo, do you know where we can buy the things we need for adventuring? I am quite new-whew to Windurst City, and did notaru expect we have to start so fastaru..."

13. - Top - End - #13

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Wow I sure am looking forward to those greater rewards. Thank you for your help, I'm sure our new group needs to head off and get prepared," with that Kaaya starts to head off.

Assuming Pushmi Pullyu is following she looks over and says, "You know I haven't been in Windurst city in some time but I'm sure we can find whatever we're looking for. What do you think we'll need and I can start asking around?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo bows to the combat caster. "Thank you very much little one. I feel as if I can think clearer already. This is truly a great gift and can't wait to see what further trinkets this city might bestow upon us". With that Segomo heads off beside Kaaya and Pushmi Pullyu.

"Well met Pushmi Pullyu. I'm sure we can find whatever we need throughout this vast city. Trust in Kaaya here. With how easily she finds herself speaking with others, I'm sure she can find us anything here. Lead ther way Kaaya"
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 2007-10-23 at 11:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

WolfInSheepsClothing

After several minutes of not much luck with finding any shops but many interesting conversations later the group decides to make its way to the Harutoto Ruins.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: We PMed and decided not to shop so I just decided to get us to the mission

16. - Top - End - #16

East Sarutabaruta
    Music selection: Sarutabaruta
    Spoiler
    Show

The open plains of Sarutabaruta are easy on the eyes and quite a sight in the clear, sunny weather that currently shines down accross the open field. Though some mountains and a shoreline are immediately in your path and to the south respectively, to the north lies the open, rolling plains of Sarutabaruta, interrupted occasionally by a river, a dirt road, or a tropical tree. The air slightly humid due to the nearby bodies of water, but it's not so much that it's unpleasant.

Yagudo sightings on this end of Sarutabaruta are extremely rare, though some occasionally guard the road to Tahrongi Canyon to the far northeast. Goblin fishers are sometimes found near the rivers in this region, though it's a toss-up as to whether or not they are hostile.

The road that leads north forks off in two directions. By following the road east at the fork, and then north again when it turns, you can quickly reach the ruins entrance indicated on the map Mokyokyo showed you.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Ok, So lets head to these ruins"
    Segomo looks at the group and begins to take the lead out into the Sarutabaruta plains. "Looking at this map, it would seem that the best way to these ruins would be heading northeast. I believe we can go east here at this fork, then head north once we hit the next fork in the road. Pushmi, are you familiar with this area?"

18. - Top - End - #18

WolfInSheepsClothing

"This sure is beautiful wouldn't to be nice just to walk around and take in the sites. I know we have a job to do, but it doesn't hurt wishing. I love being outdoors, just makes you feel at home. Doesn't this make you think of all the fun times we've had traveling around in the wild, Segomo?" Kaaya says all this while darting around looking at different flowers and bugs and pretty much anything she can set her eyes on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival, spot, and search to see if anything is out of the ordinary or just to check things out and find something interesting:

Survival: (1d20+6)[19]
    Spot: (1d20+4)[14]
    Search: (1d20+5)[10]
    Last edited by bchilders; 2007-10-25 at 12:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Yes, Kaaya. we have had some fun times out in these wilds. If only Xandir were still alive so we could visit him up in the canyons." Segomo laughs at Kaaya as she darts around the fields like a curious cat. She has grown so much in these past couple years, but has never lost her playfullness.
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 2007-10-25 at 02:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

OOC:

Kaaya
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though this area was once regarded by the mithra as a hunter's paradise, Sarutabaruta was ravaged during the Crystal War. Through the efforts of Windurst's Rhinostery, the vegetation has made a full recovery, though it may take some more time before the wildlife repopulates the area. Due to this fact, hunting in Sarutabaruta is now discouraged in order to allow the game to resettle.

In your search, you find some rarab tracks, and you spot two of the timid creatures in the taller grass to the north, fairly far away from the road. Flying overhead is a lone zu, a large bird that feeds primarily on carrion (and, occasionally, small rodents like the rarabs). There's also evidence that some tiny mandragoras were recently near this path, though you don't see any in the immediate area. The trees show signs that they've been fed off of, probably by crawlers. Upon closer inspection of one of the trunks, a few strands of silk can be found (confirming that crawlers have been there), though they are very small and few in number.

You don't see any signs of goblins or yagudo.
    Last edited by Nu; 2007-10-25 at 05:39 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Though the shopping was uneventful, Pushmi Pullyu still ended up with a stuffed backpack, and a shrunken purse.

In reply to Segomo, he swings his head and said,"Notaru really, what I have is mostly book-rook knowledge as an airship crew cadet."

He checks on the map for a while, and heard Kaaya's suggestion in the process. "How about we take the northeastaru route-lute now, and the other one on the way back? In this way we can be in time-rhyme for the job and enjoy the scene."

Seeing Kayaa darts away, he shouted "Waitaru for me!" and dashes off to catch up.
    Last edited by Orzorz; 2007-10-25 at 10:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya replies, "Now that sounds like a plan. It's good having someone around to do the thinking for us, isn't it Segomo?" With that she continues to dart around along the path until they reach the edge of the ruins.
    Last edited by bchilders; 2007-10-26 at 08:24 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"It is nice Kaaya. too much thinking and my head starts to hurt."

"So northeast it is pushmi. I will take the lead, in case we run into anything on the way. What exactly are your talents Pushmi Pullyu? I myself am good at fighting with my hands."

Segomo starts to head to the northeast with his two companions.

24. - Top - End - #24

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Again, like I told the others, feel free to keep roleplaying out your little scene as you wish, I'm just going to describe the outside so you'll know how to react when you reach it.

The trip to the tower is quick and painless. Apart from a few more rarabs and some zus in the sky overhead, you don't see any creatures along the way to the tower.

The tower is very large, about three stories high. It is made of a dark gray stone, and is a large cylinder in shape, with a bulkier base and a jagged top that appears to be worn down considerably. Moss can be found growing on much of the tower, and some of the stone has eroded away. These towers have apparently existed in Sarutabaruta since long before the first tarutaru set foot in this region.

A large archway serves as the entrance, and the inside appears to be dimly lit by some sort of series of magical runes. The archway is large enough that you can see almost all of the interior of the tower from the outside. The inside of the tower is completely bare, except for a set of stone stairs leading downward, covered by another stone arch. The Horutoto ruins themselves are actually underground, and these imposing towers serve merely as an entry point to a massive dungeon-like structure that lies under Sarutabaruta.

25. - Top - End - #25

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya gives one good look around the perimeter of the towers and entrance and looks to the group to say, "I guess there is no reason not to go ahead and get to work. These runes look interesting. Do you know anything about them, Pushmi-pullyu. And by the way do you mind if I call you P because your name can be a mouthful? Or do you have a nickname you prefer? I've always liked nicknames, sometimes Seggy (he hates when I call him that) calls me little-one but to him everyone is little."

Spoiler
    Show
    Surival: (1d20+6)[13]
    Spot: (1d20+4)[10]
    Search: (1d20+5)[22]

26. - Top - End - #26

Kayaa:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't see anything out of the ordinary, though your search uncovers what appears to be the casing of a small goblin explosive (a metallic-half sphere, burned around the edges and with uneven ends). Judging from the rust that's gathered on it, it appears to have been here for weeks or months. It's known that sometimes goblins attempt to plunder the ruins for valuables, though they're known to not stay in one place for very long.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo also walks around the perimeter of the towers. He doesn't have the best of eyes but he is know for his keen sense of hearing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: [roll]1d20+7[/roll]
    Listen: 20 (rolled in OOC due to typo first time here
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 2007-10-26 at 07:48 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

You don't hear anything out of the ordinary. Just a light wind rustling outside and the faint rippling of the water of the nearby streams.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Appearently Pushmi Pullyu misunderstood when Segomo said he's good at fighting with his hands...

"Amazing-blazing! Mistaru Segomo, you can crush-rush a rock with your bare hands? I myself knows a bitaru about the magic and a bitaru with the weapons, all from my papa. He also taught-naught me an interesting trick-wick to put magic into weapons, I'll show you when there is a chance!"

As they arrives at the tower Pushmi Pullyu took a moment to admire the size and stonework of the tower. Then he sits down and fumbles through his backpack.

"Oopsie-oopsie! How can I forget the ink? Miss Kayaa, Mistaru Segomo, allow me some time-rhyme." He taps on his own head lightly, then heads around the tower to gather some green grass and moss. He soon returns, and using his buckler and the rear end of a torch as mortar and pestle, he begins mashing what he had collected.

During the process he halts and turns to reply to Kayaa, "Please call me P then. I've got a couple-topple of nicknames and it's nice to have another one. As for the runes..." he puts down his work and walks near to take a closer look, "Notaru of anything that I heard of, but I guess-mess it works like fluoro-flora."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Survival check: (1d20+4)[17]
    Improvised craft check: (1d20+2)[22]

Now I know what's wrong with my skill list...no knowledge(arcana)...and I call myself a red mage...

30. - Top - End - #30

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'd love to see that trick about magic weapons. I'm glad you like my nickname P. What are you making?"" Kaaya asks as she walks into the archway. "Are you guys coming or what?"