New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Vana'diel: The Final Fantasy (Windurst)

Kaaya

Putting the whole episode behind her Kaaya bounces off after her long time friend.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Following the road south presents you with no further obstacles. It's not a terribly long walk before you notice that the high stone cliff sides to the east and west are growing closer, and your passage is becoming more narrow. By the time you reach the apparent entrance to Giddeus, the pass is scarcely 60 feet from cliff to cliff.

In front of you are what appear to be makeshift ramparts made of clay, which are lined with crudely-crafted steel spikes on the top. You suspect that there might be steel "wiring" beneath the clay that functions as a skeleton of sort for their construction. They form an extremely narrow passage, about ten feet accross.

You cannot see what is immediately behind the ramparts, but it appears that the path doesn't grow much narrower ahead, and it forks in two separate directions about 230' from your current position. The area appears to be deserted, despite the promises of guards from both the yagudo initiate and the outpost guards.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

"Unless everyone is off-loff for lunch, this seems-deems too quiet. I will-nill go getaru a better look."

Pushmi Pullyu then runs to behind one of the ramparts, and see if there are any ramps or stairs that leads to their top. If not, he would sling his crossbow to his back, and climb up to have a better view.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Climb:(1d20+2)[17]
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show
    Giant freaking robots:Long Yi & Xeku Grenadier
    Vana'diel: The Final Fantasy: Pushmi Pullyu

4. - Top - End - #454

Raydu gives a short bow to the Yagudo that remained standing before falling in behind the others, muttering the entire way under his breath about how that whole thing could have been avoided.

When they come to the ramparts, he frowns at the lack of guards and nods to Pushmi's words. He speaks softly, visibly and audibly nervous that the guards they were expecting were nowhere to be seen. "This makes me nervous... I hope things aren't as wrong-song as they seem..."

((Sorry I haven't been keeping up as much lately: most of the time when I go to check my subscribed threads, I get something about the servers being too busy. It makes it hard to keep up.))
    Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2008-07-04 at 02:58 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455

While Pushmi-Pullyu is successful in climbing up onto one of the ramparts, he makes enough noise that it causes alert to the yagudo guards standing behind the ramparts. And so they approach through the middle of the two, each holding a great katana in their hands.

These yagudo must be the guards you've heard about. They wear bead necklaces like the ones you saw before, but they also wear horned adornments made of some sort of thick cloth on their heads, which give them the appearance of having a pair of horns (the cloth is the same color as their grayish feathers). Around its ankles and forearms are white wrappings. One of the yagudo breaks its battle stance and holds up its hand, as if to halt the group of you.

"Smoothskins, kyah-kyah. Not welcome further to here. Much danger for travelers, kyah." he says in the common language.

However, aside from these guards, from his vantage point Pushmi-Pullyu can't spot anything else of note, other than a very small stream running through the rocky ground in the distance.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about getting late to this, holiday preparations interfered a bit but I'm back now.
    Last edited by Nu; 2008-07-05 at 05:22 AM.

6. - Top - End - #456

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya puffs herself up trying to look bigger than she is and replies, "We not worried about any danger. We're here to deliver the offerings." She tries to look very confident but avoids the eyes of both of the yagudo.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

7. - Top - End - #457

The one that spoke before makes a face that might pass for a sneer and hisses a bit. "Kyah, then you come from Windurst on business? Kyah-ha-ha, then you allowed to proceed," the two yagudo stand to the sides, allowing narrow passage between them. "Proceed straight ahead to the first fork. Take left route, to the west, kyah-kyah. You reach an altar, emissaries are there. They take offerings, kyah. Once done, must depart immediately. Understood, kyah-kyah?"

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

"We will do as you say, but may I ask, why is it so dangerous for us?"

9. - Top - End - #459

Raydu silently places his palm over his face as Segomo asks his question. He keeps his mouth shut, however; wouldn't do the let these guards know that they'd just gotten done fighting some of their people over a misunderstanding after all.

10. - Top - End - #460

The yagudo templar can only laugh at Segomo's question. "Kyah-ha-ha-ha-ha! Much danger for travelers here--because of us. We not take kindly to intruders on our sacred ground, the yagudo stops talking and holds up a hand, waving his finger. "However, you here on business agreed upon between the manifest's divine army and your federation. So, you are protected for your visit here. However, linger too much," it makes a cutting motion over its throat with its free hand to strengthen the point, "and you place yourself in even greater danger, kyah."

11. - Top - End - #461

"In other words, we need to get in, hand off the offering, and get out. Be quick, be careful, and no. Side. Trips." The flustered white mage directs those last words to his companions with more than a little force. He turns back to the guards, gives them a quick bow, and says, "Thank you for your help. With any luck we will be outaru of your lands quickly." With that, he turns to his companions and begins trying to usher them onwards.

12. - Top - End - #462

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya grins at Raydu as he admonishes the group, oblivious to her own part in his frustration, but she continues on with him when he begins to head off. She looks over to Segomo and says, "Now this sure has been interesting. You know I've never much liked the Yagudo, but talking to a few of them they don't seem all that bad. Maybe we're just seeing the better ones." At that she gets a thoughtful look for a moment, but then shrugs and begins skipping along down the trail.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

Segomo listens to Kaaya and smiles. "Yes little one, I believe we have talked to some of the nicer Yagudo. Except for that priest. He seemed to be a little upset." Segomo smiles again, and rubs Kaaya on the head as they are walking towards the fork in the road

14. - Top - End - #464

Heading down the path to the fork, and then following the directions you have received, you pass over some very shallow running water and pass through what seems to be a very narrow canyon, carved meticulously from clay and earth by the yagudo. You notice above, there are tree branches, and occasionally, beehives, high above the path. After a brief walk, you round a corner to another open area.

This area is cut by a u-shaped pool with ankle-deep water (for yagudo, slightly below the knee for tarutaru), shaped around a stone altar. Behind the altar appears to be a cave that leads down into the ground, and there are trees and other shallow pools scattered throughout the open area. Standing in front of the altar is a pair of yagudo, both wearing elaborate and subtlety different headdresses of sorts, decorated with colored feathers (they appear to be from greater birds, or cockatrices). Other than that, they wear only bead necklaces of the yagudo. There are four other yagudo wearing simpler gear (only bead necklaces and wrappings around the forearms and ankles) on the far west side of the clearing, and though they seemed to be facing towards the wall when you arrived, they have since turned to face you and are now moving towards you at a relaxed pace.

One of the yagudo standing before the altar is the first to speak, "You...you come bringing the offerings, then, servants of Windurst?"

15. - Top - End - #465

Raydu gives a respectful bow and says, "Indeed we do." He looks over his shoulder to whoever is carrying the offering.

16. - Top - End - #466

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

"We sure do have an offering. It has been quite an experience getting here....you see on the way..." Kaaya starts but after a gentle nudge from Segomo she stops short.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

Seeing Kaaya start to go on one of her never ending stories, Segomo gently nudges her. He looks down at her and gives her a smile. Hearing Raydu talk about the offering, Segomo reaches into his backpack and pulls out the offering given to him. "I believe this is for you." He offers the offerings to the yagudo

18. - Top - End - #468
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu bows as Segomo hands over the offerings, then with his head still fixed forward, rolls his eyes sideways to take a peep at the four approaching Yagudos.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the absence, comp's motherboard fried up.
    Last edited by Orzorz; 2008-07-29 at 08:26 AM.
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469

The yagudo who spoke holds up his hand at the other yagudo approaching, and they halt in their steps. Then he moves forward, looks at the offerings, and takes them. The two decorated yagudo move to the alter and examine the offerings thoroughly, then wave dismissively, provoking a nod from one of the other yagudo. That yagudo turns to you and says rather simply, "Kyah...it seems that we have all that we need, now. Kyah, you'd do well to head back home as swiftly as possible. Go."

20. - Top - End - #470

Without a word, Raydu nods, turns, and begins moving towards the exit, occasionally looking over his shoulder to make sure the others are following him.

21. - Top - End - #471

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya looks on with anticipation and is clearly upset when they are dismissed so quickly. She open her mouth as if to speak but is tugged away by her large guardian.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

Knowing that Kaaya would probably be anxious, Segomo grabs onto her and leads her away from the yagudos. "Let us go little one."

23. - Top - End - #473
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu bows to the Yagudo that just talked, and follows the rest of the party away.
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474

Heading away from the yagudo is probably a good idea, as most of them seem rather rattled merely by your presence. Heading away from Giddeus leaves you with no more resistance, and should you so choose, you can probably head straight back to Windurst. Though where you go once you arrive back in the city is up to you.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    My apologies for being slow, but a lot of things have come up recently (mostly school-related as it's time to get ready for the fall semester and I've been putting it off too long now), so I might be slow on the updates. I'll still be going now and then though, so keep an eye out.
    Last edited by Nu; 2008-08-04 at 05:43 AM.

25. - Top - End - #475

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya gets more bounce in her step the closer they arrive to the city. She keeps questioning her three companions about what they think their next job will be. She talks excitedly about their new lives as adventurers all the way back to the adventurer's headquarters.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

"More dealings-wheelings with other races maybe? We have dealt-wilt with goblins and yagudos, then...emm...I do notaru know?"
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477

Raydu sighs as he walks. "We'll find out soon enough I suppose. Y'know, I never did getaru a summary of what you three did before I joined you. Was that the kind of thing-sing you've done before?"

28. - Top - End - #478

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya, happy to have someone listening, goes in to a rather rounds about explanation of their adventures so far. About exploring the underground ruins and the broken gizmos and running into the goblins and machines down there.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

As the group heads back to the city, Segomo says "Maybe we should go visit the Minister to see if there is anything we can do"