New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Vana'diel: The Final Fantasy (Windurst)

Segomo

Segomo grabs the two offerings and places them in his pack. Being the biggest in the group, he feels like he is most apt to carry these valuable offerings.

"We will make sure we deliver these safely."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

"These two-woo packs sure looks big, lucky-bucky we have you here, Mistaru Segomo!" Pushmi Pullyu compliments as Segomo takes the package.

He then turns to Kerutoto, So...how long-bong would it take-make to getaru to Giddeus?"
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show
    Giant freaking robots:Long Yi & Xeku Grenadier
    Vana'diel: The Final Fantasy: Pushmi Pullyu

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

"While Giddeus is just a straightaru run best-west from Odin's Gate, there are no roads that lead there, so the path is through wilderness. However, Sarutabaruta is a relatively safe region, so that shouldn't pose many problems. You know you'll see itaru when you reach a canyon-like area with a narrow entrance, and there should be plenty of yagudo around," Kerutoto explains. "I'd say the trip would take one or two hours, depending on if you encounter any resistance."

4. - Top - End - #364
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

"Never been a delivery boy...erm..girl. This could be fun. So is it just the three of us or are you coming to Mister....I'm sorry I didn't catch your name. We'd love for you to join us, Seggy can be quiet the bore all by himself," Kaaya says with a mocking grin towards her long time friend.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

5. - Top - End - #365

Raydu steps back in an attempt to hide his annoyance at Kerutoto's complete lack of explaining why he's here. He sighs and recomposes himself, before saying, "My name is Raydu-Soldu, and I will indeed be joining you. I'm a white mage, not long out of my classes. My masters have decided thataru I've learned all I can from the classroom, and want me to getaru some field experience. I was told that your group lacks a dedicated healer, and thus I've been assigned to travel with you."

6. - Top - End - #366
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

"A healer? well I guess that would be good to have. Could use the back up, since I take most of the hits. Kaaya here hasn't quite learned how to fire into a close quarters fight yet and hits me every now and then." Segomo smiles at Kaaya, sending back his own light hearted insult.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

"Mistaru Raydu-Soldu you a white mage? Splendid-candid! I am never that good-hood with magic, and it was lucky-plucky that we did notaru get-wet into too much-hutch trouble in the ruins-loons because of that."

He looks outside the Rhinostery, and sees that its shadow has shortened by a tiny bit.

"One or two hours-hours, that means-weans two of four including return. I guess-wess we will have to go now-wow?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Any wants/needs to pick some new gear and RP the shopping, or we skip straight to the adventure?
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya playfully nudges Segomo after his insult and agrees that they should head off.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't need anything...so unless anyone else does it can be off to the adventure
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

9. - Top - End - #369

Kerutoto waves, giving a parting comment of, "You're free to do as you swish-wish. We have several days before the yagudo will become restless, but it'd be bestaru if we got it done as soon as possible."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't mind if you want to do some shopping/RPing first, but otherwise, I'll just skip on ahead next time I post (probably tomorrow).

10. - Top - End - #370

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya, not looking forward to dealing with the Yagudo, but anxious to get this over with looks to the rest of the group and says, "So now's as good a time as any....does anybody need anything before we head out?"

11. - Top - End - #371

Raydu shakes his head. "I gotaru ready before I came here. I'll wait for the restaru of you, if you've more to do."

12. - Top - End - #372

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming you're all ready then.

Music Selection - Sarutabaruta

It's a bit windier today as you travel the open plains of western Sarutabaruta, though the weather could hardly be described as anything other than pleasant, as is the usual for this region. There's nothing especially interesting of note on the way, though to the north you will see the large hill known as the Starfall Hitchcock, where legends say that on cold nights, stars fall from the heaven and land upon the top of this hill. There is a large, strange-looking tree atop the hill, but it's been there for as long as the people of Windurst remember. There also isn't much to pick a fight with on the way, unless you want to beat up rarabs or crawlers for some reason.

Traveling west on foot for roughly an hour lands you at the Sarutabaruta outpost. Two tarutaru guards stand by, and they salute you as you approach. It is simply a relatively small and simple wooden building with crates stacked on the outside, surrounded by several sections of wooden fence and a tall guard tower which serves as a lookout post. There are two standing wooden torches in front of the door inside, and the guards stand near each of these torches. A road runs in front of the Outpost, first perpendicular to the way to Giddeus, though a split in the road does go off in that direction (though Kerutoto suggested that the road might not lead all the way to Giddeus). Beyond this road could be considered "yagudo territory," though technically the Federation still holds claim to this area.
    Last edited by Nu; 2008-05-09 at 09:24 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373

Raydu looks up to the guards at the station and smiles as they solute. He hangs towards the back of the group, hoping to let the more experienced adventurers handle things while he simply observes for now.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu brings his beret to his chest, and bows back to the guards.

"Good day-bay! I heard that if me-we and my friends are to head-lead to Giddeus, we are to follow-hollow a path-bath then through the wild-mild. Do you have any-many advices?"
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #375

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya decides to wait until the guards answer her friends questions before talking to them herself, but you can tell the anticipation is almost killing her. As soon as they answer Pushmi's question she pummels them with anything from "How their day has been?" to "How long they have been guards?" and anything in between.

16. - Top - End - #376

The guards first respond to Pushmi-Pullyu; the one speaking is a tactician magician in standard attire, consisting of black, gold, and green robes, pantaloons, boots, gloves, and a tall, pointed, wide-brimmed hat. "Ah, heading to Giddeus, eh? I won't ask your reasons-beesons for going there, as I assume you have good reason for traveling this far out to the largest yagudo stronghold this side of the Meriphataud Mountains." He turns towards the road and points in the direction of the split. "You can follow the road westaru, and then south. The road continues for a short distance south. The path will grow-sow narrower to a series of chokes in the cliff-sides, until you start seeing carvings in the walls. That'll be-see a sign you've entered Giddeus." He turns back to face the four of you, "Now...I'd count-bount on encountering some yagudo while you're following the road. They tend to keep an eye on the path leading to Giddeus. They are not supposed to attack travelers, much less individuals on official business as I assume-sessume you all are, but...well, I'd just be ready to defend yourself if you need to. You'll probably also encounter some yagudo guards directly outside the entrance to Giddeus, but if you tell them why you came, they're a lot less likely to be hostile than any you might encounter on the way. I'd suggest you get in and out of Giddeus as quick as you can, all the same."

When Kaaya responds with her barrage of questions, the war warlock draws back a little but tries to answer with a serious, if a bit confused face. He introduces himself as Roshina-Kuleshuna, and his associate, another male tarutaru by the name of Mahien-Uhien in a green aketon with a pumped, blue hat, and matching black and brown slacks and gloves, as a Federation supplier. Apparently the two have been assigned as the primary staff to this outpost during times of peace since two years after the Crystal War. Today's been slow, though they received some new supplies this morning. Mahien-Uhien offers a limited stock of standard consumables (potions, antidotes, eye drops, echo drops) if you're interested. They also have rations. Roshina-Kuleshuna likes clear days, and Mahien-Uhien's favorite color of chocobo is green.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

Segomo watches in amusement as Kaaya startles the two tarutarus. She is so young and full of energy. I don't know how I got by without her jovial personality.

18. - Top - End - #378

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya, happy to have made two new friends, responds, "Thanks for your help and I'm sure we'll be seeing you in the future."

Spoiler
    Show
    DC 15 to predict weather for tomorrow
    Survival:(1d20+9)[18]

19. - Top - End - #379

Hidden Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

PPSpot - (1d20+5)[9]
    PPListen - (1d20+5)[21]
    SSpot - (1d20+3)[16]
    SListen - (1d20+8)[15]
    KSpot - (1d20+7)[10]
    KListen - (1d20+6)[13]
    RSSpot - (1d20+4)[9]
    RSListen - (1d20+4)[10]

Heading west from the Outpost and following the road, there doesn't seem to be a change in the atmosphere of Sarutabaruta. Trees here are scattered and thin, so if there were yagudo around at this point, it would be very difficult for them to hide. However, as you draw closer to Giddeus, you spot the corner in the road that heads south. To the northwest of this turn in the road is a large rock formation, about 40 feet high at the highest, narrowest point, and 20 feet wide, with a narrow pillar of smoke rising from the opposite side of it. It is between 400 and 500 feet from your current position on the road, and the corner is about 300 feet in front of you. To the south is a cliffside that seems to go off to the southeast and rise higher, but at this point it has leveled off to about 30 feet above ground level, though it makes cutting off to the south to put distance between yourself and the rock formation difficult.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    These rolls are rolled in advance in case I need them, for now they have no relevance.
    Last edited by Nu; 2008-05-14 at 11:58 PM.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

Seeing the black smoke in the distance, Segomo stops and whispers to the group.
    "Do ya'll think we should check out that pillar of smoke?

21. - Top - End - #381

Raydu shakes his head and say, "We should focus-pocus on our mission. I wanna get outaru of here quickly..."

22. - Top - End - #382

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya, her curiousity peeked and attention span always a bit on the short side, skips off in the direction of the smoke. "It can't hurt just to check it out. And who's know what we'll find there...someone could be in trouble, of maybe someone is having a party with a huge bonfire, or maybe..." Kaaya's voice trails off as she begins to head towards this new found mystery.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

"Smoke-poke ataru such times, it would either-either be cooking or trouble-double, so..."

Seeing that Kayaa have already ran off towards the smoke, Pushmi Pullyu stops halfway and stares at Kayaa for awhile, and decides to follow.
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

Glad that Kaaya decided to bounce of towards the smoke, Segomo smiles and heads her way. "Sorry Raydu, she does this sometimes." Segomo runs to catch up to Kaaya, ready to fight if anything is hostile at the smoke.

25. - Top - End - #385

Raydu's eyes widen as the others walk off the road. "Wait! Stop! You've got to be kidding me! We're on a very importantaru mission for the city of Windurst, we've been advised to complete our duty-see quickly and get out, and you're going to ignore ALL of thataru and go off the road in dangerous territory on a WHIM!? What kind of adventurers are you!?" He makes no move to get off the road.

26. - Top - End - #386

Segomo, Pushmi-Pullyu, and Kaaya get to within about 80' of the stone formation before something happens that might interest them. Segomo and Pushmi-Pullyu both detect a sort of chanting occurring from the direction of the rocks--it sounds as if it is one creature. There is also the faint cackling of fire.

Given these two sounds, it would be difficult for anything on the other side of the rocks to hear your approach.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Now that is this...?

Raydu's words soon interrupted Pushmi Pullyu's thoughts, however.

Turning his head to look between Raydu and the others, he decides to run back to where Raydu is."This-wis maybe reckless-tactless butaru...it is yagudo-voodoo territory so I guess we better stick-pick together, come!"

See of the chant a spellcasting ritual or something like that:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft:(1d20+4)[23]
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388

Spellcraft results:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pushmi-Pullyu cannot associate the chanting with any particular spellcasting, though it's difficult to understand exactly what is being said at this distance.

If listened to for a few moments, those who know the yagudo language would recognize that it is, in fact, in the yagudo language, though at this range the words are too garbled and mixed with the sound of the fire to be understood.

29. - Top - End - #389

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya creeps in closer to the noise to get a good look at whatever is causing it. While she doesn't know the language she clearly recognizes it as Yagudo, so all the ideas of carefree exploring have left as she inches in towards the source of the noise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide:(1d20+8)[19]
    Move Silently:(1d20+10)[23]
    Spot:(1d20+7)[23]

30. - Top - End - #390
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

Upon hearing the chanting, Segomo begins to creep as quietly as he can. As Kaaya goes closer to the rock, Segomo inches behind her, not letting her out of his sight. He tries to peer around the rock but his first priority is to make sure Kaaya is protected at all costs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide:(1d20+3)[23]
    Move Silently:(1d20+3)[6]
    Spot:(1d20+3)[4]