New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Vana'diel: The Final Fantasy (Windurst)

"Well looks likes Seggy's already rearing to go...is there anything else we need to know before we head out."
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

"Go deep-weep and we will see traps-waps!" said Pushmi Pullyu with a mix of exclaimation and excitment, "So this-wis tower is intactaru, and we go up-up it to the top?"
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show
    Giant freaking robots:Long Yi & Xeku Grenadier
    Vana'diel: The Final Fantasy: Pushmi Pullyu

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Oh deary-dear, it appears I have confused you," Apururu looks somewhat embarrassed and rubs the back of her head. "This tower, much-wuch like the other towers of Horutoto, seems to be empty going up, but under-wonder the foundation lies another entrance to the ruins. The magical gizmos can be found in there. If you keep following the various-warious tunnels and hidden passages, you may-way eventually find the dynamo, butaru I'd be careful about going too deep. It's easy-peasy to get lostaru down there, and we've had to seal off several areas because of pitfalls and other-bother obstacles. But it seems like every time we send someone down there, they find-wind a new passage. It really is a shame-lame we don't know more about the civilization that originally constructed the labyrinth, they must've been incredible-edible!"

4. - Top - End - #124

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Sounds like something we can handle...we better catch up to Segomo and head out," Kaaya says and then turns to lleave, hastily trying to catch up to her large companion.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Seeing his companions leave, Pushmi Pullyu gives Apururu a traditional Windurstian salute, and follows out quickly.
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo's companions find him already halfway to the exit from the city.

"Hey little ones. What took you so long? We got some gizmos to be playing with."

7. - Top - End - #127

Music Selection: Sarutabaruta

On the way out, the guard from before gives you a salute. The open plains of Sarutabaruta are exactly as you left them, and the road appears clear. The only difference is that is slightly later in the day.

8. - Top - End - #128

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I've never been great with directions...I kinda just go til I find something. So which way did they tells us to go P?" Kaaya asks her new small friend. She is really starting to like the intelligence and organization this new member to her travelling group offers.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

"Letaru me see..." Pushmi Pullyu unrolls the map he got from the previous mission, and displays it for all to see, "We can take-wake this path south, or getaru back to the previous tower-power, then head-lead south to make sure-cure we do notaru getaru lostaru." As he suggests about the different paths, his fingers trace along on the map.
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Um...yeah. Those sound good P! I say we go one of those ways. What do you think Kaaya?

Hmmm... I have no idea where we are going. But i do know that i get to play with some more gizmos. I wonder if a huge light show will happen again. That was pretty cool. Man I love the open air. It's so nice. What was I talking about again?...

Segomo drifts off into his own thoughts almost immediately after he finishes talking with P and Kaaya.

11. - Top - End - #131

The path is much the same as before, with the next tower a slight detour from your previous path. The tower appears to be much the same as the other, not nearly large enough to support much of a population, but a round stone entrance leading to an open area inside with a covered set of stairs leading downward. The stone is brown and worn, and the vegetation in the surrounding area is noticeably sparser than most of Sarutabaruta.

12. - Top - End - #132

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya skirts around the path looking around for anything interesting or out of place. When they reach the tower she looks to her companions and says, "Shall we proceed?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:(1d20+4)[23]
    Search:(1d20+5)[22]
    Survival:(1d20+6)[11]

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Lets go play with some gizmos!" Segomo rushes down into the opening with a look of excitement on his face.

14. - Top - End - #134

Kaayaa doesn't find anything of particular interest in the area surrounding the tower. There are some wild creatures about (two or three rarabs, a few zus in the sky), but they are keeping their distance.

As Segomo goes into the opening, he finds that the pathway down is lit with more of the magical runes that produce a soft, glowing light that they saw in the previous section of the Horutoto ruins. This staircase, however, seems to go down noticeably deeper than the previous set. It is some time before it gives way to a massive, open chamber. This one is much larger than the one previous, but there are still magical gizmos in much the same relative locations. However, there are only six.

The stairway from which Segomo would enter is from the south. A short distance in front of him is one gizmo, and there are two more about sixty feet to the left and right of the entrance, in the corners of the room. At the far end of the room, about one hundred and twenty feet away along the northern wall, is another set of three gizmos set up in the same manner.

Unlike the previous chamber, the middle of this room is open, so you can clearly see the gizmos even from here due to the lighting from the runes along the walls. In addition, towards the middle are three more of the light-emitting runes, arranged in a triangular pattern around an arcane inscription of some sort in the very center of the room.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"So shall we have another race, Kaaya?" Segomo asks excitedly. "Do you think you can actually beat me this time?" Segomo laughs and runs to the first gizmo and gives it a spin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check: (1d20+3)[6]
    Just in case... Strength check: (1d20+3)[9]
    Strength check: (1d20+3)[10]

Segomo looks sideways at the gizmo. "I think it is stuck"
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 2008-01-02 at 08:23 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya starts to run towards the gizmos opposite of Segomo but hers eyes catch the inscription as she gets closer, so she moves to see what it might be. She moves next to the inscription and tries to read it if she is able...if not she calls out to Pushmi to come check it out.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Hey what are you doing Kaaya? Do you not want to play?" At this, Segomo walks over to where Kaaya is, and looks interestingly at the foreign writing. "Hmmm...yes...I see...very interesting..." He says with his hand rubbing his chin.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

As soon as they got down the satirs, Pushmi Pullyu started his mapping again, this time on the new "mapbook" he just bought,

He follows as the others gather around the inscriptions. Putting the pen on his right ear, he half bends to have a closer look.

"Now whataru might-right it be...?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (Most likely useless)Knowledge local:
    (1d20+5)[25]
    If Pushmi Pullyu can't understand the writings, he will still try to figure out are the light runes set in a way that they point to wards certain gizmos.
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139

The final push of Segomo on the gizmo makes it spin slowly, but it stops after a short time and does not glow or hum.

The inscriptions are clearly magical in nature, and without sufficient knowledge of magic cannot be deciphered (knowledge: arcana or decipher script).

While examining the light rune positions, there doesn't seem to be a significance in their positioning relative to the gizmos. The three light runes are merely positioned equidistant to provide adequate lighting to the center of the room, as there do not appear to be any such runes on the ceiling. However, upon moving to the center of the room and getting a better view of the area, the three of you may notice that the north, east, and west walls have large, bulging cracks in them, somewhat similar in style to the cracked wall you found in the previous section of Horutoto. The cracks occupy the middle section of each wall, and it seems that the walls are divided into several sections with brick patterns. The cracks interrupt these patterns and make those wall sections stand out from the others.

20. - Top - End - #140

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya looks over at at Pushmi and says, "Can you make anything out of these runes? If not we might as well start trying to turn these gizmos."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu swings his head in reply to Kaaya's question.

"I guess-wess we need to try-pry the gizmos first."
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo, frustrated with not being able to turn the first gizmo very well, goes to another one and puts all of his might into the turn.

Spoiler
    Show
    strength:(1d20+3)[18]

23. - Top - End - #143

WolfInSheepsClothing

As soon a Segomo heads toward another gizmo Kaaya rushes off the other way to push one herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength:(1d20+2)[19]
    Strength:(1d20+2)[6]

24. - Top - End - #144

All three gizmos you attempt to turn spin to life after a little work, and once they are activated in unison, they hum and emit a faint glow, and continue spinning on their own upon release. However, there is no arcing energy current, and the glow is a bit fainter than before.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Awww... No pretty lights!" Segomo says with a disappointed tone. He goes to another gizmo and begins to spin it as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    strength(1d20+3)[19]
    strength(1d20+3)[6]

26. - Top - End - #146

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya will also dart around trying to spin the remaining gizmos as fast as possible

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength:(1d20+2)[6]
    Strength:(1d20+2)[10]
    Strength:(1d20+2)[8]
    Strength:(1d20+2)[21]....or until all are successful

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

"Humph! Again!"

Without anymore words, Pushmi Pullyu is already spinning the remaining gizmo.

Spoiler
    Show
    STR check:(1d20+2)[14]
    (1d20+2)[12]
    (1d20+2)[22]
    (1d20+2)[7]
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148

With all of the gizmos in the room activated, the hum fills the air and the orbs glow faintly as they spin. However, nothing else seems to happen.

29. - Top - End - #149

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Seggy, you should check out those cracks in the wall and see if its another door you can force open." Kaaya goes over to check out the crack herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search:(1d20+5)[12]
    Spot:(1d20+4)[7]

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Hmmm... Oh yeah I guess I did open something like this earlier. Silly me, I forgot." Segomo cracks his knuckles and begins to try and pry one of the cracked walls open.

Spoiler
    Show
    strength:(1d20+3)[4]
    strength:(1d20+3)[5]