New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Vana'diel: The Final Fantasy (Windurst)

Kaaya draws her bow back again and holds one arrow at ready waiting to hear from Pushmi what his reaction is.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

"It's ok, Mistaru Segomo, Miss Kayaa, they do notaru want to fight...at leastaru for now."

Pushmi Pullyu steps forward, then raises both of his hands up, with palms open and forward. He turns around on the spot, first to the 'minions' goblins, then to the leader.

"How-wow about dropping-hopping the weapons to the floor-door first?" he saids in goblin, and continues, this time facing the other 'minions' goblins, "I will now castaru a spell-well! But just to heal my friend! Do notaru get too-woo excited, and go heal your companion there-where, ok?

Spoiler
    Show
    Free action: 5ft step forward.
    Standard action:Cast Cure to Segomo. (1d8+1)[4]
    Last edited by Orzorz; 2008-01-22 at 02:22 AM.
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show
    Giant freaking robots:Long Yi & Xeku Grenadier
    Vana'diel: The Final Fantasy: Pushmi Pullyu

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo feels a rush of life flow into him. He drops his guard, a little and tries to relax

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

The lead goblin looks nervously from side to side as Pushmi Pullyu speaks. He seems a bit more comfortable conversing in goblin than in common, and so his reply is as such once he's determined that the tarutaru can understand him and speak back,

Goblin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Listen, me and my boys have been lost in these ruins for several days now. We was just...ah, treasure-hunting in a tower somewheres in northwest Sarutabaruta and lost our way. We've been trying to get out for a long times now. If you'd be so kind as to point us towards the exit, and we'll get outta here."

With this, the leader of the goblins drops his knife to the ground. The others look even more nervous, and don't follow suit, they are still clutching their weapons tightly. When the leader barks at them to get to tending to their wounded companion, however, they jump in place and rush to the air of their comrade. One reaches into his pack and procures a potion of some sort, forcing it down the fallen one's throat. The lead goblin sighs and gestures towards them, continuing on,

Golbin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "As ya's can see, the experience has taken quite the toll on my boys, and it's not like we's were on good terms with yous people to begin with. They's frazzled and mores than a bit paranoid. I just think we should call it a day and get out of here, and heads back to Jeuno before the situation gets any worse."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

As Pushmi Pullyu listens, he nods and gives the occuational "um"s and "uh huh"s. After telling Segomo and Kayaa in common what the goblin said, he switches back to goblin with the leader.

"Treasure-hunting...I do notaru really mind-hind that, afterall-waterfall, even us tarutarus also did notaru build-wield the ruins," he turns and look at the fallen goblin, "But tell-well me, whataru you all encountered inside? You all seem-deems still well provisioned, getting lostaru for a few-whew days would notaru make you so...messy-wetsy?"
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya finally releases the tension in his bow after the goblin puts his knife on the ground. She listens intently as Pushmi converses and explains to them what is going on and waits to hear the leaders response.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

7. - Top - End - #187

The goblin leader tilts his head a bit and gestures towards the large backpack strapped to his back. The other goblins have similar backpacks. Goblins are notorious for being pack-rats; they often carry lots of miscellaneous junk with them.

Goblin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, we was packed for a long trip. We just wasn't expecting to spend it all down in this hole. By carefully rationing the supplies, wes could last a few more days. My boys was just starting to think we might never find ours way out of here. Wes had no idea the ruins were this big."

By now the fallen goblin has been revived, and the other two help it shakily regain its footing. The other three goblins stare intensely at you all, their weapons still in their hands but not readied. The lead goblin adds,

Goblin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sos anyways, if you could tell us how to gets out of heres, we'll be gone and won't cause yas anymore trouble."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu once again tell the others what the goblin said, and continues.

"I see...One more question, got any-many treasures from anything like this-hiss?"he points at the gizmo and the inscriptions behind,"Or say...seen-been any of them broken-token?"
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189

The goblin considers a moment before replying,

Goblin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We's seen a lot of those things at various points in our little 'expedition.' We's don't really know what they are, though, and unless we's were to try and breaks them apart, there doesn't seem to be any treasure to be had by messin' with 'em. We's prefer to conserve our explosives for when we haveta fight, so we hasn't been breaking any of 'em. But..."

At this point the goblin brings a hand to his chin, then reaches into his pack and pulls out a large, black feather.

Goblin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I supposes you know what this is? We's found it near one ofta big stone things. Apparentlys they's been good at covering up their tracks thus far, but theys musta got careless for a moment and left this behind."

It's pretty easy to guess what the goblin is talking about here (provided you can understand the speech).

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone who knows a bit about Windurst and the general history of Vana'diel knows about the yagudo. The yagudo are a race of flightless-birdlike beastmen that are native to the Mindartia continent. At various points in history the yagudo have been both enemies and allies to Windurst. However, like most of the other organized tribes of beastmen, the yagudo were allied with the Shadow Lord during the time of the Crystal War. As of late, Windurst and the Yagudo Theomilitary are technically under the terms of a peace treaty, and so there is no open state of war between the two nations; however, hostilities remain and it is not uncommon for the yagudo to attack travelers in the Windurst region. This is mostly just a reminder/heads-up section, see the history section and the yagudo monster entry for more details.

The goblin pauses, then adds as an afterthought,

Goblin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Anyways, we really shoulds get going, before my boys does somethings they gonna regret. Coulds ya tell us how to get out of here, or...or are you lost too?"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

"Oh my...Yagudos...Where you find-hind it? "Pushmi Pullyu mutters that out in common, obviously quite starlted by the fact. He pauses for a moment, and finally answers the goblin's question, "Just head-lead out, and you will see-wee a stair. Go up-up, and you will be in East Sarutabaruta."
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Yagudos? There are Yagudos here, P? That's bad right?" Segomo looks at the black feather with awe.

12. - Top - End - #192

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya, not being particularly found of Yagudos, shivers slighty and says, "Well lets keep alert because I don't think those birds will be as easy to talk to as the goblins were." Kaaya is noticeable quieter for a while after the idea of Yagudos being around was said.

13. - Top - End - #193

The lead goblin nods, then shouts in goblin to his lackies, pointing his finger towards the exit indicated by Pushmi Pullyu.

Goblin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Let's get outta here. Back ta Muckvix's! Trip's a bust, so we gotta go quick."

The other three goblins nervously begin to move past you. They don't take their eyes off of you. As they do, the goblin adds one last detail,

Goblin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We's found that feather near one of the big stone thingies. I's think they mays be messin' with 'em. Dunno what they want with 'em, though."

The goblin adds in common, "We go now." And then the leader follows behind his cohorts as the four head out of the ruins.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu shakes his head, and saids to Segomo,"I myself never-lever seen one before, but I had never-ever seen anyone smile-while or joke-poke when talking about them..."

He slienced for awhile and continues, "Shall-well we continue, or justaru go back-whack and reportaru?"
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

"I think we should continue. What do you think, little one?"

16. - Top - End - #196

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Still having not quite gained her full cheeriness back, Kaaya smiles back and says, "Forward it is."

17. - Top - End - #197

Past the door and into the next chamber where the goblins came from is another wide open room, roughly the same size as the one you came from. Also like the one you are standing in, more of the light runes are placed on the floor to grant clear vision over the area. Again, to the west and east are cracked walls. To the north is another tunnel of unworked rock and stone that doesn't actually appear to be part of the ruins. You can't see how far it reaches from here, as there appear to be no light sources inside. There are no stone gizmos in this room.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Without a word, Pushmi Pullyu walks back to pick up his beret, and soon returns.

"So be-we it!"

He then equips his buckler, pulls out his crossbow, and starts loading it.

"Justary in case...and hmm...If there-where are really Yagudos, I guess they would-could need to knock-knock down the walls like us. We trail-tail the goblins' old path? he finally finishes loading the crossbow, and points it one-handed towards the tunnel.
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

"Sounds as good as anything else," says Kaaya as she keeps her bow at ready and looks around to see if there is anything out of place in this new room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:(1d20+4)[9]
    Listen:(1d20+6)[26]
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-01-30 at 01:35 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"I will lead the way little ones." Segomo begins to walk cautiously down the same path the goblins went down.

"We will come back for these unopened doors later, yeah?"

21. - Top - End - #201

This room is eerily empty. It's not know what purpose this room once store, as it doesn't seem to contain anything other than the lighting runes and passage to other areas. It is also extraordinarily quiet, with the sounds coming from the exploring trio the only ones any of you can detect.

The tunnel itself is carved from stone and extends beyond this section of the runes, and upon closer inspection, seems to curve downward and slightly to the east. It is very dark inside the tunnel, and you don't hear anything or see anything beyond about 30 feet downward. The darkness keeps your vision from penetrating any farther down the tunnel, except for those with darkvision.

Darkvision
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tunnel continues downward, and the slop becomes more and more pronounced as it continues downward for 60', the edge of your darkvision. It's quite clear this tunnel goes down, deeper into the ruins.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Well I can see a little farther down into this tunnel and it looks like it is going down. Do we want to try any of those cracked walls, or do we want to go on down?"

Segomo looks deep into the tunnel with his black and white darkvision, studying it carefully to see if he can find anything of interest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:(1d20+3)[10]

23. - Top - End - #203

Darkvision
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tunnel keeps going and going, but there doesn't seem to be much of interest in the tunnel itself. It looks to have been rather roughly carved out of the ground, and the quality of the carving varies from spot to spot.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Ok. So it doesn't look like there isn't that many interesting things so far down this tunnel. We could keep going down or check the other walls? What do ya'll think?"

25. - Top - End - #205

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

"Let's check the walls first...I don't like the idea of leaving things unknown behind us."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Hmm...We might-wight notaru be the only one knocking-locking down walls...

Pushmi Pullyu nods towards Kayaa, "Butaru we stay close..."
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

Segomo smiles, knowing that he gets to use his strength again. He goes back to the first room with unopened doors and opens the eastern wall.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check:(1d20+3)[16]
    Strength check:(1d20+3)[12]
    Strength check:(1d20+3)[4]
    Strength check:(1d20+3)[23]

28. - Top - End - #208

Behind the eastern wall, there is a small room that contains a platform stand that could hold another gizmo. However, the orb appears to be gone--on top, there is a short extension that is cracked, as if the orb was forcibly removed from the top of the gizmo platform. This room is otherwise identical to the two side rooms in the previous chamber.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

"Hmmm... well this is annoying. Lets check the western wall"

Segomo goes to the western wall and begins to open it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength:(1d20+3)[17]
    Strength:(1d20+3)[12]
    Strength:(1d20+3)[15]
    Strength:(1d20+3)[14]

30. - Top - End - #210

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya follows Segomo over to the other wall and keeps her bow at ready as her large friend pulls open the other cracked wall.