New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Empire 5: The Ascension of the Lyraens

“House Vulk pledges our loyalty.”

“House Lan pledges our loyalty!”

“House Gutri pledges our loyalty!”

One by one, each representative of the noble houses native to the Lyraen system speak out. They kneel in a massive circle around Lyrae herself, standing regal and tall on a raised dais. She is the sole source of light in the room, a massive cavern carved from the stone under the mountain of her ancestral home. Each proclamation makes her glow ever so slightly brighter.

The lords finish their pledges and the system governors and other authorities move forward, representatives of the Lyraens’ new acquisitions. “Lord-Marshall Rikt of the Glory Star system pledges the loyalty of me and all I rule to Lyrae!” a burly Lyraen growls.
    And so it goes on. The glow brightens and brightens until the last one has spoken. Lyrae stands in the silence that follows, grossly incandescent, shining bright enough for the audience to read a book by her light alone, even in the farthest, blackest regions of the stands. She raises her paws high and lifts her head upwards.

“None can deny that my personal power is great,” she says, “But see what it can become, my children, my friends, and my noble guests, when I join it with yours. I see before me many peoples, many nations. In these coming days, it is the nations of Axiom that will chart the fate of the galaxy. And my promise to you, therefore, is to wield wisely the power given to me, for the greater good of all.”

A flicker of flame travels down her arm and to her paw. She raises it and holds it before her eyes, contemplating. Then, with a swift, sweeping motion, she throws it forward. It lands on a moat filled with oil, which explodes into bright, beautiful tongues of fire. “And so, on this day, I proclaim the reformation of the Lyraen system of government. We shall strive to fight the ills that have long plagued us and build a shining beacon of justice and hope for the whole galaxy. Through the power of technology, we will grow, expand, and overcome any struggle as we journey towards a brighter, happier future for Axiom. Henceforth, we shall be the Lyraen Technocratic Empire!”

The Lyraens and other client-races cheer, hoot, bark, holler, or whatever passes for excitement in their home worlds’ tongue. Lyrae’s paws return to her side. “Thank you for coming, one and all. I shall see many of you later tonight. Until then! May the stars watch your path.”

The glow around her fades away along with the fire, and she is gone before the regular lights come up.

============

Hours later, the doors to Lyrae’s palace open once more to admit the many dignitaries, functionaries, diplomats, leaders, and close personal friends that have responded to her invitation. Arrayed in gold robes, the embodied Luminary sits in stately posture, ready to greet them as they enter and approach her seat in the courtyard.

Prowling the grounds, eye out for trouble, is Grand Admiral Tra Gutri, who has taken personal charge of security this night. Also on the prowl, but for pranks instead of problems, is Proxos, the Consort-Prime of Lyrae’s divine pack and noted (but good-natured) trickster.
    There are, of course, many other Lyraen and client-race dignitaries about as well (and I reserve the right to make them up and throw them at you all if and when I feel like it).

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Empire 5: The Ascension of the Lyraens

The sleek, avian bioship spiralled lazily down through the atmosphere, silently soaring down to the appropriate landing pad. Hanging from the side is JLL-9, unfazed by the speed of descent, clad in thin experimental hex-plated gazmium armour. Pushing off, they hover, twirling slightly with wings furled, then extend and descend, alighting as the port side of the ambassadorial vessel parts to allow the other envoys to disembark. Two figures move nimbly down to join the Ikosq'kan, one Dasari and one electro-blade-limbed Eris. Together, Elscol, Gladien & JLL-9 move towards the palace of Lyrae.

Devoid of guards as usual, the trio heads towards the throne, nodding in greeting to other dignitaries as they pass. They join the line to pay respects to Lyrae, eyes watchful.

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Elscol Wrosk, close adviser to the Custodian and head of the fledgling Red Band diplomatic squadron, the envoys representing the united Federation. Short and dark-haired, in her mid-40's, the Dasari moves with confidence, and her brow is more often than not furrowed in thought.

JLL-9, a seven foot tall humanoid Ikosq'ka, bronzed auburn feathers slightly ruffled, thin, wings folded close to their spine, face resembling a tawny owl's without a beak, their arms and legs feline with claws retracted. Speaks through a miniscule speaker system implanted in their forehead, data taken from a small chip in the brain. Voice soothing & androgynous, not at all mechanical. Former liaison for the Koris Project, an avian research lab, now the Ikosq'ka advisor to the Sector Commander of Triarii.

Gladien Bladed-One, the Eris' senior representative within the Federation. Revered by the Eris as the Avenger of Eriador, and hated by the underground remnants of the 'Dominion as the Butcher of the Council, she was instrumental in ending the Civil War, destroying the Advisory Council entirely. Now Elscol's companion within the Red Band, and bodyguard, her pale-skinned form bears electric blue lines coursing with energy cris-crossing from crystal-gem to crystal-gem embedded in her flesh. There are four sleek, sharp appendages that curl from her upper back, currently undulating slowly by her side, but clearly razor-sharp, the tips crackling intermittently with blue energy. She glides gracefully about a foot off the ground.
    Last edited by Ausar; 2020-02-27 at 05:41 AM.
    "Into the Jaws of Death, into the Mouth of Hell;" (Tennyson)
    So shall you tread, once you pass the precipice of villainy.

3. - Top - End - #3

The line moves along quickly, and soon the Federation delegation has reached the front of the line. If the long day has taken a toll on Mish Lyrae, she shows no sign. Her ears and eyes are bright and alert and she sits up straight in her chair, long, fluffy tail curled around and laying on her lap. She nods in greeting to them. "Welcome," she says with some warmth, though perhaps not as much as the older members of the Federation might recall from Rii Lyrae, "It has been a while since I have had the pleasure of receiving a delegation from your people."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

A sleek black triangular ship of the Etherite diplomatic corps cuts through the atmosphere with three figures exiting the ship.
    • Trask Shu'Petarn - Healer and diplomat of the Etherites, seen as one of the likely heads of the new Etherite embassy to the Vilari after this event. Wearing a rather conservative white suite with a set of goggles resting on his head but not being actively worn.
    • T'clik - Shdraxi crystal spider, roughly 1 meter tall, they stick close to Trask as mixing with a large collection of races and other psychics is a rather new experience. Black in color with spots that are almost a luminous deep purple.
    • Hakka - a rather large human at just over 2 meters tall, broad of shoulder and chest and dressed with a loose white silken shirt open down the front and wearing a pair of loose silken pants that seem to flow and are a deeper blood red color.

Hakka pushes a cubic meter crate that seems to be floating in front of him as the three exit the ship and join the queue to speak with Lyrae.
    "I be careful, don't you worry," Hakka says as they proceed slowly though the reception, "not like I can drop it with you keepin' it floatin'."
    Trask turns and smiles with a tilt of his head "True enough friend but we don't want to give offense or spoil your kind creations."

As they approach the two humanoids give bows to Lyrae and offer their congratulations on a fine event and show of will earlier.
    "As a gift for the celebrations we bring some of the fine beverages native to Hakka's home world of Redonda. A rum that is manufactured there kept correctly chilled by similar though smaller efforts of will and science. We are glad to see that you are setting into your new form well and that Proxos seems to have, adjusted to traveling life well."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

The trio bow, JLL-9 extending their wings gracefully in respect. They stand formally still as a smooth, androgynous voice issues from JLL's speaker, saying "It is a pleasure indeed to be present, Mish Lyrae. The Custodian sends his regards and congratulations. His health unfortunately kept him away from your coronation, but he would have only the highest ranking diplomats attend such a glorious occasion. We understand your person has been threatened in the past, and hope our gift brings you security in the days to come." At this, Gladien twirls her blades together, and as a pulse of energy runs down to the clustered tips a suit of armour, similar to JLL's attire, but inlaid with the same crystals that give Gladien form, softly pulsing, fitted perfectly for Mish's frame, coalesces. Gladien pulls her blades back to rest as the suit floats towards the throne, and is laid at Lyrae's feet.

Gladien's voice sounds in Mish's mind; "The crystals empower the suit, aiding the wearer's reflexes, rendering it near-weightless, and projecting a shield of energy just above the surface of the armour. I pray it serves you well."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tensions in the Rothuun government had been steadily increasing, and the four delegates to the Lyraen celebration arrived in separate ships. As each craft, pleasure cruisers updated with a vast array of weaponry and defensive plating, swung open, no recognizable Rothuun emerged. Instead, a ring of guards, each dressed in armor and heavily armed, emerge and face each other warily. The guards from each cruiser wear badges of different design: a black capybara for Ty-Rone, a white takhaun for Markath Frostfur, a grey hammer for Muuna Bearslayer, and a blue axe for Guntur Greataxe. After determining that the other guards pose no threat, they signal to the figures standing, half in shadow, in the doorways of the cruisers. Slowly, cautiously, they emerge into the Lyraen air.

Spoiler: The Characters
    Show
    Ty-Rone, the Horned Capybara: A rodent with the antlers of a stag, Ty-Rone is approximately the size of a grizzly bear, with the fangs and claws to match. He is accompanied by fewer guards than the others, but is attended by his personal bodyguard of Haerthala the Strangler, a fearsome berserker.

Guntur Greataxe: A relatively calm and placid Ikhuun, Guntur eschews his guard as much as possible, attempting to lose them in the crowd as he searches for Rhia Vulk, his one true love. He offers smiles and greetings to most of those who spot him.

Markath Frostfur: Although he travels with a large guard, Markath is not to be underestimated in his own right. He carries a long blade, a pair of automatic pistols (historical artifacts that are the pride of his collection) and a number of other, smaller weapons. Apparently spoiling for a fight, he offers glares and sneers to all passersby.

Muuna Bearslayer: Older and wiser than her associates, Muuna stays within the perimeter of her guards. Her cold, inscrutable poker face never deviates, and she does not speak to anybody except the lead diplomats of foreign nations.

All four leaders approach Lyrae's throne, offer congratulations for the ascension of the Lyraens, and then go their separate ways. Guntur slips into the crowd away from his guards, looking for Rhia Vulk, while Ty-Rone approaches his old friend Proxos. Markath moves into a clear position and starts scanning the crowd for potential enemies. Muuna is the only one who remains to speak with Lyrae.

Played as New Bhule in Empire!4
    Played as the Rothuun Galactic Hegemony in Empire!5
    Played as the United Blemmyae Tribes in Empire!6

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

From the Liberator emerged a small Imperial delegation, headed by a young man in civilian dress, to his right a white-haired, but by no means old, man attired similarly. To his left was a man rather more sombrely dressed, with blue-white skin, his hands apparently folded beneath his long, baggy, sleeves, and behind them, what was even to a complete stranger obviously a member of the Imperial family, a young woman in purple, gold and white.

Behind them came the staff of the Imperial Navy and the diplomatic corps with their gifts and fussing.

Show

Odilon Eke, President of Arursha (Malakid, M)
    Dachul, his chief of staff (Malakid, M)
    Danton Lambert, Viceroy of Norduin (Roannais, M)
    Wurmaderuk, daughter of the previous Emperor (Malakid, F)
    Hashor, military attaché (Malakid, F)

The white-haired man bowed as he reached the throne. "Honoured Luminary, I have the privilege to present the Princess Imperial, Wurmaderuk, President Odilon Eke of Arursha, and the Viceroy of Norduin."

Eke gave a flamboyant bow, Lambert a stiffer one, and the Princess a polite nod.

"We bring the greetings of the Empire and the congratulations of the Emperor on your ascension," the President said. "Gifts of goodwill from his Imperial Majesty have been deposited with the appropriate functionaries."
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

A small blue-tinted Ikhole lands gently onto the landing pad, notably more mechanical in appearance and design than previous designs. Three familiar figures emerge; Mitzy, fur as golden and well-kept as the last time she had attended one of these intergalactic events, Mirna, now a tall juvenile with only faint traces of scar tissues from the Ndodan's first encounter with the Veritas, and the newly appointed Umkhonto Jacksy.

"Remember, this time the goal is to not jump on any other delegations and almost start a war." Mitzy reminded Mirna, flicking her tail against Mirna's in a joking manner. The Ndodan rolled her eyes in response as they took their place in line to give respects and best wishes to Mish Lyrae and Proxos. "At the very least, don't jump on Lyrae. You are in the beginning of apprenticeship but that should be an easy lesson to learn." Any indignant protests from Mirna were silenced by a subtle glare from the tiny but mighty Tuxie, reminding the two that other delegations were nearby and they had best behave themselves.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Electriccat View Post
    A sleek black triangular ship of the Etherite diplomatic corps cuts through the atmosphere with three figures exiting the ship.
    • Trask Shu'Petarn - Healer and diplomat of the Etherites, seen as one of the likely heads of the new Etherite embassy to the Vilari after this event. Wearing a rather conservative white suite with a set of goggles resting on his head but not being actively worn.
    • T'clik - Shdraxi crystal spider, roughly 1 meter tall, they stick close to Trask as mixing with a large collection of races and other psychics is a rather new experience. Black in color with spots that are almost a luminous deep purple.
    • Hakka - a rather large human at just over 2 meters tall, broad of shoulder and chest and dressed with a loose white silken shirt open down the front and wearing a pair of loose silken pants that seem to flow and are a deeper blood red color.

Hakka pushes a cubic meter crate that seems to be floating in front of him as the three exit the ship and join the queue to speak with Lyrae.
    "I be careful, don't you worry," Hakka says as they proceed slowly though the reception, "not like I can drop it with you keepin' it floatin'."
    Trask turns and smiles with a tilt of his head "True enough friend but we don't want to give offense or spoil your kind creations."

As they approach the two humanoids give bows to Lyrae and offer their congratulations on a fine event and show of will earlier.
    "As a gift for the celebrations we bring some of the fine beverages native to Hakka's home world of Redonda. A rum that is manufactured there kept correctly chilled by similar though smaller efforts of will and science. We are glad to see that you are setting into your new form well and that Proxos seems to have, adjusted to traveling life well."
    Lyrae raises an eyebrow and a smile tugs at the edge of her lips. "My, my," she says, "Please do tell me you aren't trying to suggest I get drunk at my own party." She does reach forward and accept the gift personally, before handing it off to an attendant as is normally the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
    The trio bow, JLL-9 extending their wings gracefully in respect. They stand formally still as a smooth, androgynous voice issues from JLL's speaker, saying "It is a pleasure indeed to be present, Mish Lyrae. The Custodian sends his regards and congratulations. His health unfortunately kept him away from your coronation, but he would have only the highest ranking diplomats attend such a glorious occasion. We understand your person has been threatened in the past, and hope our gift brings you security in the days to come." At this, Gladien twirls her blades together, and as a pulse of energy runs down to the clustered tips a suit of armour, similar to JLL's attire, but inlaid with the same crystals that give Gladien form, softly pulsing, fitted perfectly for Mish's frame, coalesces. Gladien pulls her blades back to rest as the suit floats towards the throne, and is laid at Lyrae's feet.

Gladien's voice sounds in Mish's mind; "The crystals empower the suit, aiding the wearer's reflexes, rendering it near-weightless, and projecting a shield of energy just above the surface of the armour. I pray it serves you well."
    Lyrae rises from the throne and runs a paw across the fine suit of armor. A smile spreads across her face. "And," she says, "They reflect the light quite nicely. A fitting gift indeed." She turns back to them and inclines her head. "I thank you. Please! Enjoy the party."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Hermicus View Post
    Tensions in the Rothuun government had been steadily increasing, and the four delegates to the Lyraen celebration arrived in separate ships. As each craft, pleasure cruisers updated with a vast array of weaponry and defensive plating, swung open, no recognizable Rothuun emerged. Instead, a ring of guards, each dressed in armor and heavily armed, emerge and face each other warily. The guards from each cruiser wear badges of different design: a black capybara for Ty-Rone, a white takhaun for Markath Frostfur, a grey hammer for Muuna Bearslayer, and a blue axe for Guntur Greataxe. After determining that the other guards pose no threat, they signal to the figures standing, half in shadow, in the doorways of the cruisers. Slowly, cautiously, they emerge into the Lyraen air.

Spoiler: The Characters
    Show
    Ty-Rone, the Horned Capybara: A rodent with the antlers of a stag, Ty-Rone is approximately the size of a grizzly bear, with the fangs and claws to match. He is accompanied by fewer guards than the others, but is attended by his personal bodyguard of Haerthala the Strangler, a fearsome berserker.

Guntur Greataxe: A relatively calm and placid Ikhuun, Guntur eschews his guard as much as possible, attempting to lose them in the crowd as he searches for Rhia Vulk, his one true love. He offers smiles and greetings to most of those who spot him.

Markath Frostfur: Although he travels with a large guard, Markath is not to be underestimated in his own right. He carries a long blade, a pair of automatic pistols (historical artifacts that are the pride of his collection) and a number of other, smaller weapons. Apparently spoiling for a fight, he offers glares and sneers to all passersby.

Muuna Bearslayer: Older and wiser than her associates, Muuna stays within the perimeter of her guards. Her cold, inscrutable poker face never deviates, and she does not speak to anybody except the lead diplomats of foreign nations.

All four leaders approach Lyrae's throne, offer congratulations for the ascension of the Lyraens, and then go their separate ways. Guntur slips into the crowd away from his guards, looking for Rhia Vulk, while Ty-Rone approaches his old friend Proxos. Markath moves into a clear position and starts scanning the crowd for potential enemies. Muuna is the only one who remains to speak with Lyrae.
    Rhia is not hard to find. She is not trying to hide from Guntur. In fact, she is hoping for him to show up. Though, in a rare show of mischief, she tries to sneak up on him.

Proxos is already pleasantly tipsy by the time Ty-Rone finds him. He grins a little too widely, swaying ever so slightly. "Ty-Rone!" he calls, raising his cup, "Good to see ya, buddy!"

Lyrae is more than willing to linger with Muuna a little. She studies the delegate for a moment, then says, "Tell me, do you drink tea?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    From the Liberator emerged a small Imperial delegation, headed by a young man in civilian dress, to his right a white-haired, but by no means old, man attired similarly. To his left was a man rather more sombrely dressed, with blue-white skin, his hands apparently folded beneath his long, baggy, sleeves, and behind them, what was even to a complete stranger obviously a member of the Imperial family, a young woman in purple, gold and white.

Behind them came the staff of the Imperial Navy and the diplomatic corps with their gifts and fussing.

Show

Odilon Eke, President of Arursha (Malakid, M)
    Dachul, his chief of staff (Malakid, M)
    Danton Lambert, Viceroy of Norduin (Roannais, M)
    Wurmaderuk, daughter of the previous Emperor (Malakid, F)
    Hashor, military attaché (Malakid, F)

The white-haired man bowed as he reached the throne. "Honoured Luminary, I have the privilege to present the Princess Imperial, Wurmaderuk, President Odilon Eke of Arursha, and the Viceroy of Norduin."

Eke gave a flamboyant bow, Lambert a stiffer one, and the Princess a polite nod.

"We bring the greetings of the Empire and the congratulations of the Emperor on your ascension," the President said. "Gifts of goodwill from his Imperial Majesty have been deposited with the appropriate functionaries."
    Lyrae nods in acknowledgement and thanks. "I look forward to seeing them. And I thank you for your presence here. And I hope that what you have seen tonight is of some...reassurance to you and the galaxy."

Quote Originally Posted by LapisCattis View Post
    A small blue-tinted Ikhole lands gently onto the landing pad, notably more mechanical in appearance and design than previous designs. Three familiar figures emerge; Mitzy, fur as golden and well-kept as the last time she had attended one of these intergalactic events, Mirna, now a tall juvenile with only faint traces of scar tissues from the Ndodan's first encounter with the Veritas, and the newly appointed Umkhonto Jacksy.

"Remember, this time the goal is to not jump on any other delegations and almost start a war." Mitzy reminded Mirna, flicking her tail against Mirna's in a joking manner. The Ndodan rolled her eyes in response as they took their place in line to give respects and best wishes to Mish Lyrae and Proxos. "At the very least, don't jump on Lyrae. You are in the beginning of apprenticeship but that should be an easy lesson to learn." Any indignant protests from Mirna were silenced by a subtle glare from the tiny but mighty Tuxie, reminding the two that other delegations were nearby and they had best behave themselves.
    After the appropriate exchange of greetings are given and the delegation is swallowed up in the party, Mirna, as she is wandering by a table, hears a soft, "Pssst." And again. "Pssssssst! Hey! I remember you!"

If she peers under it, she will find none other than Prince Raff, attending the party he's been told to stay away from because he's not allowed to throw snowballs at people's heads anymore.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    After the appropriate exchange of greetings are given and the delegation is swallowed up in the party, Mirna, as she is wandering by a table, hears a soft, "Pssst." And again. "Pssssssst! Hey! I remember you!"

If she peers under it, she will find none other than Prince Raff, attending the party he's been told to stay away from because he's not allowed to throw snowballs at people's heads anymore.
    Watching the 'adults' talk business and mingle with other delegations was interesting, but not interesting enough to not wander on her own. Hearing a strange whispered summons from under a table, Mirna bends over to peer underneath.

"Oh hi! You're Ruff, right? My brothers fought you in the Snowball War."

Deciding that a bent-over lizard person may look a little suspicious during extended conversation, Mirna crawls and curls under the table to join Prince Raff, making sure to keep her tail close.

11. - Top - End - #11

Crucial Info for Celestian Delegation:
    It should come as no surprise that the controversial Quesa Rennon would arrive at a grand public event held by her sponsors. For many at this event, her presence as the representative of Celestia Enterprises after they so mysteriously went off the map for years and years (32 years, to be precise) would be a welcome return to the galactic stage; bringing with it a golden age for human film and media. For others, she was a symbol that administration throughout the megacorp was changing for the worst - with leadership overtaken by a celebrity that had no place in politics, and was treating long lasting allegiances with disconcerting ambivalence. Dressed in a sleek corporate outfit and sporting a set of genetically modified features to appear as much Lyraen as she did Human, Quesa marched in with four hulking guardians outfitted for war behind her.

Spoiler: Personal Details for Quesa Rennon
    Show

Quesa has modified herself genetically to have canine ears, a tail, and has both of her hands replaced with synthetic ones that grant various benefits, namely interfacing with technology and compartments and the like. Her other major modification involves Lyraen Elemental Implants for air embedded in her face; giving her a small pattern of little diamonds that curve beneath the eyes. She sports brown, curled hair and appears about twenty years old. She's supposedly qualified to perform complex mechanical engineering, and has gained influence in Celestia Enterprises through the mass acquisition of company shares through both her hit film, 'Parallel', and external corruption influence via Lyrae and the Djinye.

Her war bots are outfitted with Broosewill Lace whips, which glow with neon colors and sport a tron-like vibe. They're known to be pretty deadly, but their use has not been popularized. They also seem to be made of renowned Celenian Alloy, and sporting more traditional laser-rifles on their hips. Deadly, sturdy, expensive, and constantly evaluating threats.

To Our Glorious Host
    "Mish Lyrae! 'Tis A pleasure to meet you in the flesh." The bubbly celebrity wandered over to the seated leader of the new Lyraen Technocracy; a smile drawn across her face. "I come bearing good news - and the first dividends from your kind investment." She issues a dramatic bow to the woman, canine ears flicking as she does so. "It is my understanding that with this new focus on technology, that gifts along those lines would suffice? The previous CEOs were all terribly isolated, but at least they kept up with the latest devices. Kept them well hidden, too." As she rises, one of the war-bots approaches Mish Lyrae and delivers a metallic suitcase. It's light, but well protected. ...And locked, but she's been assured that the password for it will come in a few days time to prevent the theft of the item during the event. Supposedly, it would contain highly-classified blueprints and tech-builds.

[CLS offers to Lyrae the technologies 'Energy Distribution' and 'Engineered Monstrosities']

(Other approaches to Quesa Rennon may be made, or I may make yet make them! Hopefully I make up for some sixteen rounds of no eventing this time.)
    Last edited by Zayuz; 2020-03-02 at 03:50 PM.
    "What is to give light must endure burning."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Space near the OwO Assembly near the Lyraen Capital distorted, blackening and twisting as it began to contract. Tech monitored the disturbance intently as the afflicted space took the shape of a inky sphere, shrinking rapidly. Energy readings began flying off the chart as the gravitic forces twisting reality caused an unearthly wail to reverberate though the Lyraen Assembly and as a high pitched whine through the rest of the region grating on the sensitive ears of the native inhabitants. Alarms blared in the control room of the Lyaen Assembly as the space shuddered, collapsing into a black marble as all sound stopped. Suddenly the wormhole tore open, erupting in a a scintillating, twisting corona of exotic particles and gasses the center of which was a visible distortion of space, bending light around its edges as the Priority Research and Networking Hub could be seen through the hole itself. Alarms in the Lyraen Assembly quieted as recorded power levels from the wormhole settled into a more stable position.

"Distuwbance detected, but enewgies awe wetuwning to nowmaw wevews. Congwatuwations techies, with this awtificiaw wowmhowe, we have taken one step cwosew to making space ouw bitch." There was a brief pause as OwO seemed to mull over what it had just said before it asked the leader of the Lyraen Assembly, "That is the cowwect lywean saying wight?"

The Communications panel lit up as a squeaky voice from PRN Hub, "HI-hi, you all feel-good there? Shiny-big space-hole punched to Lyrean hab-space. You are our Lyeans, not some other-dimension evil Lyreans right-right?"

Flash Starshine's ship had been one of the first through the new wormhole bridging the space between their people. It might have been construed as some symbolic gesture, given the nature of the current meeting, but to the Grymlan it was far more interesting to bend space to your whim to make an arrival than the typical dark-ship. He had long recovered from his injuries from his battle many years prior, albeit scruffier than he had been before, he was followed by his daughter, Luna, Narya Velure leader of the Dreg-Ilse, and High Mother As'lyeth. They had entered the Palace, an hour after the events involving the worm hole and, smiling warmly as he greeted Lyrae, "Hi-hi. Much-sorry for lateness. Busy-busy with shiny-project." He beamed at the mention of the wormhole now linking their regions before he remembered something. "Ah, yes-yes. I Flash Starshine, High Coordinator of the Combine, pledges Loyalty to shiny-new Lyrean Technocratic Empire, may this union lead to many-good times ahead."

13. - Top - End - #13

[QUOTE=Miltonian;24378556]
    Rhia is not hard to find. She is not trying to hide from Guntur. In fact, she is hoping for him to show up. Though, in a rare show of mischief, she tries to sneak up on him.

Proxos is already pleasantly tipsy by the time Ty-Rone finds him. He grins a little too widely, swaying ever so slightly. "Ty-Rone!" he calls, raising his cup, "Good to see ya, buddy!"

Lyrae is more than willing to linger with Muuna a little. She studies the delegate for a moment, then says, "Tell me, do you drink tea?"

A furry paw comes to rest on Guntur's shoulder. Instantly, four guns are out of their holsters and pointed at Rhia Vulk. Guntur spins around in shock, slipping his sword from its sheath, before realizing who it was that had snuck up on him. <Lower your weapons!> he bellows to his guards. <She means no harm.> Reluctantly, the guards point the rifles away from Rhia, although they still eye her suspiciously. <My darling Rhia,> Guntur whispers to her, <Perhaps we could go somewhere a bit more private? I am afraid my guards are a bit on edge at the moment.>

Hey there, Proxos! Ty-Rone shouts across the room. How've you been lately? When I'm Urthuun, we'll have a party to bring the galaxy to its knees! He grins, his mouth stretching wider and wider to reveal a full array of sparkling teeth, but the more perceptive among the crowd may notice that his eyes do not sparkle. They appear cold and dead, as the capybara and his assistant survey the crowd.

<Yes, I drink tea.> Muuna says calmly. Her penetrating, unblinking stare remains fixed on Lyrae.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Federation representatives breathe a silent sigh of relief, and bow to Lyrae. "Your will, Empress," says Elscol, straightening her shoulders. "We pray you do, as well." Taking their leave, the diplomats spread out, heading for the other attendees.

The Alternative Imperial - Guntur Greataxe

JLL-9 took to the air, their more comfortable environ, and took stock. The galaxy’s notables were beginning to arrive - but of course, there were notable absences. Oh what they wouldn’t give to watch a true Gelean diplomat in action... but to the task at hand. Finally spotting Guntur entering the hall, she swooped down, and alighted before the Ikhuun. “Greetings, Greataxe. A pleasure indeed, to see you well. How fares Ikhal in these troubling times? The Custodian always appreciated your care and thought for the worth in keeping your people alive and peaceful.”

The Other Alternative Imperial - Muuna

Elscol waited through the Rothuun contender’s audience with Lyrae, then moved toward her, saluting as she approached. “I’m Elscol, head of the Federation’s delegation here. Look, I understand you aim to succeed Aneb as Urthuun. I want to know why.”

15. - Top - End - #15

The Alternative Imperial - Guntur Greataxe

JLL-9 took to the air, their more comfortable environ, and took stock. The galaxy’s notables were beginning to arrive - but of course, there were notable absences. Oh what they wouldn’t give to watch a true Gelean diplomat in action... but to the task at hand. Finally spotting Guntur entering the hall, she swooped down, and alighted before the Ikhuun. “Greetings, Greataxe. A pleasure indeed, to see you well. How fares Ikhal in these troubling times? The Custodian always appreciated your care and thought for the worth in keeping your people alive and peaceful.”
    Taken slightly aback by the sudden arrival of JLL-9, Guntur pauses for a moment. <Thank you for your kind words. Ikhal will survive, although I fear the damage done to my people's pride may take longer to repair.>

The Other Alternative Imperial - Muuna

Elscol waited through the Rothuun contender’s audience with Lyrae, then moved toward her, saluting as she approached. “I’m Elscol, head of the Federation’s delegation here. Look, I understand you aim to succeed Aneb as Urthuun. I want to know why.”
    Muuna looks at Elscol for a few moments, her expression still impenetrable. Finally, she speaks in a calm, even tone of voice. <I seek the throne to continue the legacy of the Hegemony. My rivals,> glancing at Ty-Rone and Guntur <are threats to the well-being of the Rothuun. The King of Ikhal, while perhaps more appealing to those nations that wish to see our power degraded, and our people turned into pawns of the Vilari or the Geleans, is no friend to his own people. Meanwhile, the creature that has somehow inherited the throne of Grishal is no better than his predecessor Grazakh Peelskin. By rights and by our own laws, he should be prohibited from seeking the position of Urthuun. Besides, who among us knows his origins? Who knows what he will do with this power if it is vested in him?> She pauses again. <I am the successor to Aneb Two-Gun, our illustrious Urthuun. No matter what the Vilari and their spineless allies say, Aneb was a great leader; the founder of the Hegemony. I will respect the peace with the Star League, but make no mistake, I will be the one to continue Aneb's legacy.>

16. - Top - End - #16

Watching the 'adults' talk business and mingle with other delegations was interesting, but not interesting enough to not wander on her own. Hearing a strange whispered summons from under a table, Mirna bends over to peer underneath.

"Oh hi! You're Ruff, right? My brothers fought you in the Snowball War."

Deciding that a bent-over lizard person may look a little suspicious during extended conversation, Mirna crawls and curls under the table to join Prince Raff, making sure to keep her tail close.
    Raff scoots aside to make room for her. "Raff," he corrects, though due to the Lyraen accent and emphasis to say everything from the back of the throat, the difference may be a little hard for her to pick up. "Ah yeah. The snowball war. Good times. Good times. Hey, you wanna try something real fun?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zayuz View Post
    Crucial Info for Celestian Delegation:To Our Glorious Host
    "Mish Lyrae! 'Tis A pleasure to meet you in the flesh." The bubbly celebrity wandered over to the seated leader of the new Lyraen Technocracy; a smile drawn across her face. "I come bearing good news - and the first dividends from your kind investment." She issues a dramatic bow to the woman, canine ears flicking as she does so. "It is my understanding that with this new focus on technology, that gifts along those lines would suffice? The previous CEOs were all terribly isolated, but at least they kept up with the latest devices. Kept them well hidden, too." As she rises, one of the war-bots approaches Mish Lyrae and delivers a metallic suitcase. It's light, but well protected. ...And locked, but she's been assured that the password for it will come in a few days time to prevent the theft of the item during the event. Supposedly, it would contain highly-classified blueprints and tech-builds.

[CLS offers to Lyrae the technologies 'Energy Distribution' and 'Engineered Monstrosities']

(Other approaches to Quesa Rennon may be made, or I may make yet make them! Hopefully I make up for some sixteen rounds of no eventing this time.)
    Mish shifts forward on her throne, pleased and eager to meet this woman face to face. "Welcome, welcome indeed!" she says, "Flesh and fur, no less! I do hope your trip was comfortable? And that my staff have made you equally comfortable here on Lyrae II?"

She gestures for her to rise. "Thank you. You are too kind." The briefcase draws a curious gaze, but, given the new security measures, she gestures for one of her attendants take it. A trim Lyraen female leaps to follow her command. She moves forward, kneeling before the robot and extending her paws upwards.

"Your contribution to our society is very welcome," Lyrae says smoothly and smiles, "Now, what might I do for you?"

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelWizard View Post
    Space near the OwO Assembly near the Lyraen Capital distorted, blackening and twisting as it began to contract. Tech monitored the disturbance intently as the afflicted space took the shape of a inky sphere, shrinking rapidly. Energy readings began flying off the chart as the gravitic forces twisting reality caused an unearthly wail to reverberate though the Lyraen Assembly and as a high pitched whine through the rest of the region grating on the sensitive ears of the native inhabitants. Alarms blared in the control room of the Lyaen Assembly as the space shuddered, collapsing into a black marble as all sound stopped. Suddenly the wormhole tore open, erupting in a a scintillating, twisting corona of exotic particles and gasses the center of which was a visible distortion of space, bending light around its edges as the Priority Research and Networking Hub could be seen through the hole itself. Alarms in the Lyraen Assembly quieted as recorded power levels from the wormhole settled into a more stable position.

"Distuwbance detected, but enewgies awe wetuwning to nowmaw wevews. Congwatuwations techies, with this awtificiaw wowmhowe, we have taken one step cwosew to making space ouw bitch." There was a brief pause as OwO seemed to mull over what it had just said before it asked the leader of the Lyraen Assembly, "That is the cowwect lywean saying wight?"

The Communications panel lit up as a squeaky voice from PRN Hub, "HI-hi, you all feel-good there? Shiny-big space-hole punched to Lyrean hab-space. You are our Lyeans, not some other-dimension evil Lyreans right-right?"

Flash Starshine's ship had been one of the first through the new wormhole bridging the space between their people. It might have been construed as some symbolic gesture, given the nature of the current meeting, but to the Grymlan it was far more interesting to bend space to your whim to make an arrival than the typical dark-ship. He had long recovered from his injuries from his battle many years prior, albeit scruffier than he had been before, he was followed by his daughter, Luna, Narya Velure leader of the Dreg-Ilse, and High Mother As'lyeth. They had entered the Palace, an hour after the events involving the worm hole and, smiling warmly as he greeted Lyrae, "Hi-hi. Much-sorry for lateness. Busy-busy with shiny-project." He beamed at the mention of the wormhole now linking their regions before he remembered something. "Ah, yes-yes. I Flash Starshine, High Coordinator of the Combine, pledges Loyalty to shiny-new Lyrean Technocratic Empire, may this union lead to many-good times ahead."
    The Lyraen techs on the other side scramble around in a flurry of not-quite panic at all the warnings and unexpected warnings. This happens pretty frequently around the hub, as something is always near to exploding. To many, this would be cause for finalizing your will. For them, it is Tuesday.

When it stabilizes, the tech in charge looks up at OwO and, with a mostly blank expression, says, "If it is space-times' time of year, then yes. If so, please don't tell the physicists as many of them are young and may try things they regret."

To the other end, he says, "Oh, we are totally alternate universe Lyraens. To someone, anyway."

===

"Shiny-new," Mish Lyrae repeats with a chuckle, "For now, it is! And together, we shall re-dedicate ourselves to creating many more 'shiny-new' projects. With our people united, the entire width and breadth of science and knowledge shall open itself to our collective understanding." She smiles warmly at him. "With that in mind, I am happy to accept your pledge of loyalty."

A furry paw comes to rest on Guntur's shoulder. Instantly, four guns are out of their holsters and pointed at Rhia Vulk. Guntur spins around in shock, slipping his sword from its sheath, before realizing who it was that had snuck up on him. <Lower your weapons!> he bellows to his guards. <She means no harm.> Reluctantly, the guards point the rifles away from Rhia, although they still eye her suspiciously. <My darling Rhia,> Guntur whispers to her, <Perhaps we could go somewhere a bit more private? I am afraid my guards are a bit on edge at the moment.>

Hey there, Proxos! Ty-Rone shouts across the room. How've you been lately? When I'm Urthuun, we'll have a party to bring the galaxy to its knees! He grins, his mouth stretching wider and wider to reveal a full array of sparkling teeth, but the more perceptive among the crowd may notice that his eyes do not sparkle. They appear cold and dead, as the capybara and his assistant survey the crowd.

<Yes, I drink tea.> Muuna says calmly. Her penetrating, unblinking stare remains fixed on Lyrae.
    Rhia remains calm under pressure, even seeming slightly amused by all the weapons pointed her way. She looks to the guards and says softly, "I could pull the blood straight from your bodies, if I wanted. Be at peace. I mean you no harm." Her eyes twinkle and she turns to Guntur. "Privately, you say?" she says, "I believe I know a place. House Vulk does have chambers set aside for our use in the palace. Perhaps...you would want to come and tour them with me?"

=====

Proxos sways slightly and leans on a cane he produced from...somewhere. "Thash's great," he says, "Jusssst great. Looking forward to it. Ssshay! I got you a gift, old friend. You wanna...you wanna try it?"

=====

Lyrae nods."After the party, then, you and I should take tea together and discuss a certain matter."
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2020-03-04 at 12:35 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Raff scoots aside to make room for her. "Raff," he corrects, though due to the Lyraen accent and emphasis to say everything from the back of the throat, the difference may be a little hard for her to pick up. "Ah yeah. The snowball war. Good times. Good times. Hey, you wanna try something real fun?"
    Mirna's eyes glinted with mischief. "What do you have in mind?"

18. - Top - End - #18

To the Grymlans
    Quesa couldn't believe her ears. The Grymlans and their meme-machine was to commit their loyalty to Lyrae? She didn't have room left in her body's modification capacity for a squirrel tail modification... Or did she? No, no. It could go badly. Even bleeding edge gene modding had limits. Unsure if she should consider these small folks rivals for Lyrae's affection or allies that she might easily bridge her influence into, Quesa, Realtaist icon, approached the delegate after their encounter with their host and asked with a skeptical tone:

"Hey there Starshine, nice portals. I don't suppose that we've met before... But I know of your work, and I know of your admittedly incredible AI. What I didn't know, though, is that you were working on currying favor with Lyrae. If I might be so forward, what do you need them for? I just want to make sure we aren't stepping on each other's toes is all."

To the Ninurtines

Quesa was totally unaware how to approach royalty in any considerate manner, and thus consulted her media polls for some advice on how to do so. ...The advice they gave her was fittingly terrible, ranging from pick up lines to throwing food at them. So, Quesa ended up giving up on that, and when the delegation was finished with their primary business, submitted a message via her weaponized guardian droid that was carried over to their Chief of Staff, Dachul. A celestian hologram device was passed to him, told it was for 'whoever controls public relations, or any member of the noble family from Celestia Enterprises,' with the simple message contained within:

"Greetings from Celestia's new CEO, Quesa Rennon. Unlike my predecessors I have distanced myself from the Nephret Pact, and wish to further concentrate on working with the other wealthy members of humanity across the stars, such as those in in command of the glorious Ninurtine Empire. Contact me with the private address encoded on the back of this device and you should have a direct line of communication with me if you're interested in discussing these matters further." The device displayed Quesa surrounded by her protective war bots, giving a business-like smile and a dramatic bow as she introduced herself. The hologram device then displays statistics based on current trends across Celestia, demonstrating their comparable wealth to the Ninurtines and a sharp upwards trend in market activity since Quesa has taken command. Clearly she was trying to make some sort of sale on the image of her brand in this.

To Lyrae

"Oh, the service has been first class." She assures her host as the briefcase is exchanged. Security for the upper echelon in Celestia was taken quite seriously... They've historically been the subject of many theft attempts, successful or not. Quesa gives her guardian a nod of approval, the droid standing at attention once again, staying quiet for a moment as she considers exactly she does want from further exchange with Lyrae - or at least how to phrase it. A second or two passes of careful consideration, before she looks up as if struck with an epiphany.

"I have a case that requires reviewing, if you find the time. Some Lyraen scholars believe that my film and thus my character possess... Heretical vibes, in a manner of speaking. Balance through duality as a metaphor for allowing the moon to take equal place to the sun-- A view of my own work that understandably infuriates me. If I could have some advice on how I can have my people's media adjusted to line up better with the right way of things, that could save us a lot of hassle and help encourage the board of directors to be less afraid of misunderstandings worthy of Lyraen retribution... And more afraid of well deserved retribution from the both of us." ...Which in turn would also make Quesa more compatible with Lyraen ethics, and allow her to be a celebrity in both states. Though unstated, fame and fortune was always on the mind of the cunning celebrity.

[Taking over Celestian Media will count as having the corporation as a vassal, but once solidified such a bond can be weakened in the same way by other media pressures! More fame/influence = more loyalty. Given a monopoly of access to it from the get-go, it will not be easy to steal unless this is somehow undermined.]
    "What is to give light must endure burning."

19. - Top - End - #19

Rhia remains calm under pressure, even seeming slightly amused by all the weapons pointed her way. She looks to the guards and says softly, "I could pull the blood straight from your bodies, if I wanted. Be at peace. I mean you no harm." Her eyes twinkle and she turns to Guntur. "Privately, you say?" she says, "I believe I know a place. House Vulk does have chambers set aside for our use in the palace. Perhaps...you would want to come and tour them with me?"

=====

Proxos sways slightly and leans on a cane he produced from...somewhere. "Thash's great," he says, "Jusssst great. Looking forward to it. Ssshay! I got you a gift, old friend. You wanna...you wanna try it?"

=====

Lyrae nods."After the party, then, you and I should take tea together and discuss a certain matter."
    <Yes, I would like that.> Guntur replies. <Guards, you may wait here. I will be perfectly safe.> He follows Rhia away from the bustle of the party.

=====

I'd love to try it! says Ty-Rone eagerly. What is it? Some kind of implement to crush my enemies?

=====

<Indeed. I look forward to it.>
    Last edited by Gaius Hermicus; 2020-03-04 at 05:06 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quesa

Flash grinned at the praise of Combine works as he replied, "yes-yes, Lyrae been long-friends of Combine. Combine might want-need to be big-leader in cooperation, but much-good to be smart-leader and let Lyrae be big-leader. Lyrae is much-bigger with wide-wide reach, more-so than Combine. Present-times, friend-pact with Lyrae allows for max-safe friendly-work."

21. - Top - End - #21

Mirna's eyes glinted with mischief. "What do you have in mind?"
    In reply, Raff produces a single, silver carafe filled with an unfamiliar liquid. He grins and says, "This contains that dye that turns everything that you 'put out' orange. Since you're supposed to be here, put it in the Lyraen punch bowl and then we can watch the chaos that develops in a few hours."

Quote Originally Posted by Zayuz View Post
    To Lyrae

"Oh, the service has been first class." She assures her host as the briefcase is exchanged. Security for the upper echelon in Celestia was taken quite seriously... They've historically been the subject of many theft attempts, successful or not. Quesa gives her guardian a nod of approval, the droid standing at attention once again, staying quiet for a moment as she considers exactly she does want from further exchange with Lyrae - or at least how to phrase it. A second or two passes of careful consideration, before she looks up as if struck with an epiphany.

"I have a case that requires reviewing, if you find the time. Some Lyraen scholars believe that my film and thus my character possess... Heretical vibes, in a manner of speaking. Balance through duality as a metaphor for allowing the moon to take equal place to the sun-- A view of my own work that understandably infuriates me. If I could have some advice on how I can have my people's media adjusted to line up better with the right way of things, that could save us a lot of hassle and help encourage the board of directors to be less afraid of misunderstandings worthy of Lyraen retribution... And more afraid of well deserved retribution from the both of us." ...Which in turn would also make Quesa more compatible with Lyraen ethics, and allow her to be a celebrity in both states. Though unstated, fame and fortune was always on the mind of the cunning celebrity.

[Taking over Celestian Media will count as having the corporation as a vassal, but once solidified such a bond can be weakened in the same way by other media pressures! More fame/influence = more loyalty. Given a monopoly of access to it from the get-go, it will not be easy to steal unless this is somehow undermined.]
    The attendant inclines her head in thanks and steps back, shepherding the case off to a more fitting resting place.

Lyrae puts a paw to her chin and muses about this matter for a few moments. "I do see the issue," she says, "And I will be glad to put you in touch with a good friend and confidante of mine, Ayl Lan, who is an expert in such matters and has almost as much knowledge on them as I do. I trust her to speak for me in this matter. If, of course, you find this acceptable."

<Yes, I would like that.> Guntur replies. <Guards, you may wait here. I will be perfectly safe.> He follows Rhia away from the bustle of the party.

=====

I'd love to try it! says Ty-Rone eagerly. What is it? Some kind of implement to crush my enemies?

=====

<Indeed. I look forward to it.>
    Rhia and Guntur

???

Proxos and Ty-Rone

"Oh, faaaarrrr better," Proxos assures him. He fumbles with his paw for a moment, trying to bring the thumb and forefinger together. When he manages it, he snaps once and a crown appears on Ty-Rone's head, but this one has a large bottle attached to either side and a hose that comes down from each. Proxos waves his arms about dramatically. "Issa drinkin' crown. For when you're the big...big boss of the Rothuun, but still get thirsty."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground

Lyrae raises an eyebrow and a smile tugs at the edge of her lips. "My, my," she says, "Please do tell me you aren't trying to suggest I get drunk at my own party." She does reach forward and accept the gift personally, before handing it off to an attendant as is normally the case.
    "Of course not" Trask says with a smile on his canine features, "simply a gift of appropriate measure for an occasion such as this."

Hakka steps forward slight "Meant no offense, we just like to spread the joy of the islands where we go."

The trio bow and back away from Lyrae moving off to the side with Trask pointing out and describing the delegations. A seemingly one sided conversation for the most part directed in T'clik's direction.

Hakka drifts away to find the bar.
    Last edited by Electriccat; 2020-03-05 at 01:55 PM.