New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: War of Shadows (IC)

((sorry guys its been a busy month, see post in OOC for more info about some minor changes coming))

The Orc cleric is still mumbling and making gestures over the body, and he makes no effort to hide a tear sliding down his cheek, though his words are unmuddled by emotion. At least one of you notices movement coming up over the sand dunes, and sees a party of people...a couple of orcs (one seemingly out of place among these people, dressed oddly for this weather), 2 elves, and a dozen humans and halflings (these are dressed more appropriately for this area.)

Some are carrying makeshift weapons (wooden sticks, short swords that look more like practice swords, and farming implements), and the way they're moving they show obvious signs that they don't know what to expect. One of the humans walks forward and speaks briefly with the orc kneeling by the dead body, and then waves his hand at the crowd, they all except the oddly dressed orc dispersing to tend to the other dead bodies on the shore.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

Elva looked on worried as the group of strangers approached them, but it quickly became clear they were locals, maybe even relatives of the victims. "We really should get going..." she mumbled as the new arrivals pressured the Orc into helping, then sighed.

"Please tell me how I can help, so we can return to our mission as soon as possible." she offered her help without much in the way of hesitation. She couldn't leave these people to deal with this calamity on their own, after all.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

3. - Top - End - #573
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Alyndra Aramiar - Elf Wizard (5) - HP 30/30 - AC 18

“We have to bring that guy,” Alyndra pointed at the bowl and its occupant, “back soon, but…” She shrugged, “I don’t think a few hours will matter all that much at the moment considering that this was the latest temple we needed to go to.”

“But at the same time…” She pointed at the new arrivals, “I don’t think there’s anything we can do that they can’t, especially as strangers.”

4. - Top - End - #574
    Dwarf in the Playground

Josiah released the tiny raft to the surf nd made his own gesture of peace as it floated away. He turned, and nodded at Alyndra's words. "You're right; we should be going. We've done all we can do here."
    Tabhain faoi na réaltaí. “Reach for the stars.”

5. - Top - End - #575
    Pixie in the Playground

"He's Crow," says a voice behind Alyndra.

Crouching on the edge of the outcropping, apparently having just pulled himself up from out of the water, is a mossy green orc in a thin sealskin cloak. As he stands to his full height he tosses off the hood, sending a spray of water behind his back. His moonlight black hair is held back in a tight, skinny braid that disappears beneath the cloak hem. A huge longbow, clearly built for a creature even bigger than him, is slung across his body.

"Crow clan," he mutters, half-turning away to wring the water out of the cloak. "I've had dealings with them before. Good people."

He looks ruefully in the direction of the basin, the creature swirling around. "He shouldn't have died." His lip curls, the flesh pulling back to reveal the thick white base of his tusks. It is so easy to imagine the orcish face in a snarl, and the temptation is here now -- but this is not a snarl. It is the pained expression of someone looking at something they are powerless to stop.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

Elva turned around, surprised at the new voice coming from behind them. She wasn't really used to getting snuck up on, but at least the newcomer didn't seem hostile. "Did you know him?" She asked.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Dwarf in the Playground

Josiah turned, startled. "Where-?!"

8. - Top - End - #578
    Pixie in the Playground

"Not well," he replies to Elva, his gaze shifting to meet hers. "But I knew of him by his legend, as it is with most priests. " It seems like he might say something more, but he doesn't -- instead falling into a halting silence.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Alyndra Aramiar - Elf Wizard (5) - HP 30/30 - AC 18

Maybe because she heard the orc coming behind her, or because she’s not the most jumpy of people, Alyndra simply turned in the direction of the newcomer, greeting him with a nod. “Not many should have.” Was the only thing she commented.

“Can we leave things in your hands? There are things that require our presence elsewhere, things that might be related to the reason he, they all died.” she waved around.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Pixie in the Playground

The orc shrugs. "I don't know what you expect me to do. I had a haul of fish from the river on my way in, and I passed that out amongst the survivors." He studies her. "There's not much more someone like me can contribute. Where are you bound?"

11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground

"We'll be going back to the capital now." Elva replied when Alyndra seemed hesitant to answer. The orc seemed a bit odd, but she didn't feel like he was their enemy or anything, so no reason not to answer gis question.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Dwarf in the Playground

Josiah looked to his companions, then said, "We're on a quest to gather and protect the crystal focuses of each Temple."

13. - Top - End - #583
    Pixie in the Playground

The orc grumbles to himself, averting his gaze. "I don't normally work for free..." he complains, seemingly to no one.

"I'd like to join you," he says eventually, returning his gaze to the party. "I'm a good shot, " he lays his hand over the bowstock on his chest, "and I do clean work. I can also hunt and track."

14. - Top - End - #584
    Dwarf in the Playground

Josiah shrugged, "To be honest, I thought we were paid in whatever treasure we found that we could carry after any combats we got into. I have been wrong before, however."

15. - Top - End - #585
    Orc in the Playground

The villagers have been moving around you with more purpose mostly following Tordic as he performs last rights over the bodies...You each get the impression you're no longer needed here.

Alyndra motions all of you including Nuka to surround her indicating that its time to return home and pulls out the scroll that's been used to transport you before and begins the ritual.

Something feels off to every single one of you as the power of the spell begins building up, almost like its being fought, you feel like something is pushing down on you, down into the sandy beach. Your vision goes dark as the spell finally takes hold, and there's almost a snapping sound as you feel your body being moved through the magic....

continued in chapter 2.
    Last edited by sarlon; 2024-04-07 at 08:15 AM.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.