New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Cloister?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Cloister?

Who is the cloister effect on?

Xykon might have cast it in the hobgoblin village, but he might not of needed to because of the long duration of 21+ weeks. It is probably still on O-Chul otherwise Xykon would be looking for him.
    Haley and Belker left before O-Chul escaped so it could be worn off of them, a d was it on Roy he was an object not a person when it was cast?
    Last edited by urbanwolf; 2023-03-30 at 12:54 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Cloister?

Haley and Belkar are out of its effect, since it's been more six months since they leave Gobbotopia. O-Chul and Team Evil is still under its effects.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by urbanwolf View Post
    Xykon might have cast it in the hobgoblin village, but he might not of needed to because of the long duration of 21+ weeks.
    Cloister blocks communication, Vaarsuvius wouldn't be able to send to Lien if the village was cloister-ed.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Cloister blocks communication, Vaarsuvius wouldn't be able to send to Lien if the village was cloister-ed.
    I wonder if V has tried to send to O-Chul and gotten a blank? Or does the entire team know about Cloister's mechanics by now?

Quote Originally Posted by urbanwolf View Post
    Xykon might have cast it in the hobgoblin village, but he might not of needed to because of the long duration of 21+ weeks. It is probably still on O-Chul otherwise Xykon would be looking for him.
    I doubt Xykon would be. O-Chul isn't *that* important - Xykon had already concluded that he probably knows nothing.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2023-04-15 at 07:37 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    I doubt Xykon would be. O-Chul isn't *that* important - Xykon had already concluded that he probably knows nothing.
    Redcloak concluded that. Xykon didn't care about any of it, and the only thing they would care about that they might think he knows is information on the other two gates. One of which is destroyed and the other they are in the middle of investigating.

Xykon might care about getting revenge for trying to smack his phylactery and then losing it in the sewers, but I think he likes dungeon diving more anyway.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    I wonder if V has tried to send to O-Chul and gotten a blank? Or does the entire team know about Cloister's mechanics by now?
    Why wouldn't they all know?
    Celia explained it to Haley.