New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Destroyer

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Destroyer

The walk to Hintgarten was fairly uneventful, as all seems to be in Wenholme. In fact, there seemed to be a certain level of danger inherent in how the city didn't adapt; the cramped apartments and the poor conditions evident during the pair's walk, but even the recently self-probing mind of Leonardo could not notice the frustrated presence in him that burningly desired to free itself. More a thing of innocuous weakness, than of covert strength, however.

(Glad I kept all those notepad files around. <_< And yes, I searched burningly on dictionary.com after spellchecking innocuous. Oh, and I'll throw around some more plothooks, I swear. )
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Leonardo Abel

"Well, the Hintgarten. Lovely place as ever and Sparky will be able to play around here for a bit. Ain't that right?" Giving a grin, Leonardo turns towards the dog and gives him a pat or two on the head. Rising up again, he gives a nod to Sparky before turning to Trev. "Your dog is still a nice fellow, Trev."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Trev smiles absentmindedly:
    He is, isn't he?, he pauses for a moment, looking blankly at the trees in front as if seeing through them.
    When I think about it, I realize that I'm so used to having him around that sometimes I almost don't notice him. We just spend so much time together... It's usually very exciting.
    Trev looks at Sparky who eyes him back with an air of understanding.
    Isn't that right, boy!
    Sparky wags his tail and runs a few circles around Trev, finally coming closer and pushing Trev's hand with his nose, earning a pat on the head. Trev looks for a stick and throws it as far as he can.
    While the dog runs after the stick, Trev looks at Leo and continues:
    I can't help but notice that things have been awfully calm lately. Maybe I'm finally getting used to all the excitement in a city full of rogues, but I can't help but feeling that something is brewing. Like a calm before the storm... You know what I mean?, Trev sighs, then waits for Sparky to come back and tosses the stick again.
    Maybe I'm just a bit worried about our next target., Trev smiles.
    Our missions are always exciting and often most rewarding, but... I'm just not sure how you can continue with your research with such determination. I can't help but think that crazy homicidal cultists and ancient abominations are just the start.
    Suddenly Trev's expression changes and a radiant smile is once again on his face.
    You know, Mister Leo, Trev says Leo's name jokingly with a strong emphasis, I've changed since we met. I remember when I was carefree and with a lot less trouble in my life. Now solving robberies and chasing people across rooftops seems as calm and ordinary as a trip to the old people's home.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Leonardo Abel

Leonardo nods. Despite the little joking tone, Leonardo takes it serious and when he responds, it seems with a somewhat grim tone. "I remember, long ago, when I had not foreseen this. When I did not know. There are a few moments when I might wish that things had gone different. But most of the time I have no regrets. The reason for this, for my determination, is simple. If I can master this.. Art, so to say, think of the good I would be able to do. My life might be different then others, but I do not regret it." Leonardo sighs a bit, not out of sadness, but rather, he lets the grim tone out of it, making it more a sigh of relief. He gives Trev a reassuring smile before continuing. "Still, it is good to do things together. It, in a manner, makes it easier for me. However I had not noticed any calm before the storm.. though I do not take what you say in doubt, my good friend. It is just that I have not been 'out there' so to speak. I have been busy with my research." Leonardo nods with that and looks directly at Trev for a moment while asking: "Any idea as to what might be brewing? Any indication?"
    Then, Leonardo face turns away again, as Sparky has come again to deliver the stick to Trev. With that act, Leonardo smiles again, because it is nice to see how the dog has quite a bit less to worry about then the two of them.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

No no, my friend, you misunderstand me. I swear, sometimes you take things way too literally. It's now winter and beats me why, maybe the outlaws get cold feet or something, I have fewer jobs than usual. If you thought I caught on some grand mischievous plot to hinder our progress, I'm sorry but I'll have to disappoint.
    Trev smiles and then shrugs, almost involuntarily:
    To tell you the truth, I never thought leading a normal life was all that great. I know almost everybody does it, but settling down and doing things the easy way just seems so... boring. I specialize in a perilous occupation for the excitement it brings me. And meeting you a few years ago brought a whole lot of new excitement to the already thrilling reality that I call my life.
    Trev smiles, as if completely ignoring Leo's serious tone.
    In a word, I'm not complaining. I'm perfectly happy as long as you're sure in what we're doing. And right now, Trev exhales to demonstrate the large puffy cloud that comes out of his mouth, I'm pretty sure we should be heading off for the tavern. We can get something warm to eat and drink, then just enjoy sitting next to normal people and being different.
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-01-19 at 01:34 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Leonardo Abel

"Alright, I concur. Let us make our way to the tavern." Nodding, Leonardo takes the first steps to move on. He looks at the dog once more, but then looks in the distance, as if thinking about what Trev just said. And so, they start to make their way further on.