New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Wildemount: Vengeful Tides [5e]

Khapya had done what she could for the people in the water, and she could hear the sounds of combat still from the docks.
    "Everyone on this side, come on! There is still the docks! Come!"
    She bellowed to anyone still nearby before she turned and began heading towards the ship still berthed at the docks.Giant crabs and sahugiun still assailed it, but even her mighty muscles would be poor at throwing something at this range.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

If there's no one nearby she doesn't shout.
    She dashes towards the berthed ship.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ooduls!
    Tortle Cleric (Tempest)
    AC: 17 (19 with shield) HP: 9/9
    PP: 16 PIv: 9 PIs: 16
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

"We are leaving! Everyone but monsters aboard now!"
    Ooduls shouts as he faces one of the shark monsters. He counterattacks with the trident.

Trident attack - (1d20+5)[21]
    if hit, damage - (1d8+3)[11]

Spoiler: Reaction if hit
    Show
    When a creature within 5 feet of you that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to cause the creature to make a Dexterity saving throw DC 13. The creature takes [roll]2d8[/roll] lightning on a failed saving throw, and half as much damage on a successful one.

Last edited by Jubal; 2020-10-03 at 07:25 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Ashwyn Holm
    Fire Genasi Wizard
    AC: 11 HP: 9/9
    PP: 11 PIv: 13 PIs: 13
    Conditions: -
    Concentration: -

Ashwyn begins moving towards the ship, but turns her attention to the crab when she notices Kebri and the other survivors Hurry! Summoning another ball of flame into her hand, she hurls it overhand at the chitinous crustacean. She also flicks a quick look to those near her and gestures to the floating disk still nearby Put anyone too injured to move on here

Spoiler: Produce Flame
    Show

(1d20+5)[15]

(1d8)[8]

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

One of the channel sharks begins rushing towards Joao, but its charge is interrupted by a sizzling fireball that blasts the surface of the water away. It exposes the shark enough for a bolt of water to slam into its head, which in turn opens it up for a coup de grâce from the shark hunter in front of it. You watch as Joao leaps out of the waves and brings his spear plunging down into the shark’s head. He quickly backpedals as it enters its death throes, thrashing around and spraying blood inside and out of the water.

He reaches the edge of Flora Isle, and begins to climb back up towards Khapya, Velkaria and Ashwyn. One of the other sharks jumps out of the water towards him, but he is able to stop its leap with a well placed kick. As he scrambles over the edge, you can see that the waterline is now only a twelve foot drop, instead of thirty feet.

Spoiler: Round 2 Summary cont.
    Show
    Thanks to Khapya, Ashwyn and Velkaria, Joao was able to defeat one of the sharks and escape without dying. No one is left alive in the water.

Khapya, your turn in Round 3 is now up. Since you dashed last round, this turn you can reach either the crab that Kebri is fighting or the one that is still on the dock. Assuming Ashwyn fried the one that’s in combat with Kebri, that one is looking crispily charred but still standing. The other one looks rather unperturbed.
    My avatar is by Kari Avalon, aka @evatrice on twitter!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Velkaria Lapidus
    Tiefling Warlock
    AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 10 PIv: 9 PIs: 10

Velkaria moves south, to avoid being sharked if the land suddenly recedes further, and joins Ashwyn in battling the crab with another bolt of water. Possibly resulting in a deliciously steamy result.

Spoiler
    Show

Moving 30 feet south.

Eldritch Blast: (1d20+6)[18]
    damage: (1d10+2)[3]
    if crit: (1d10)[7]

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

With a leap, Khapya soared into the air, her hammer a silver blur aabove her as she brought it crashing down towards the crab... to bury the head into the wood of the dock with a deafening crash as it scuttled to the side.
    "It dodged?!" Khapya roared, sounding outraged that the crab might dare such a thing as self-preservation.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

The sahuagin facing Ooduls snarls, and the smell of raw fish and kelp rides on his breath. However, with one quick thrust, Ooduls impales his foe in the chest. He falls off the trident and collapses onto the dock.
    The other sahuagin turns to his fallen ally, but before he can make a move, he is hit with a blast of celestial energy that is strong enough to send him spinning down the pier and off the far end into the water.

The giant crab on the dock lifts its pincers up menacingly… before it scuttles backwards, falling into the water with a loud ‘splash.’ As it sinks to the sand, it starts to run into the ocean, headed for deeper waters.
    The other crab, nearly steamed in its shell, turns away from the two scaly creatures in front of it and attempts to high-tail it in the opposite direction.

With the dock clear of combatants, the group of villagers rushes forwards and starts boarding the Wavechaser. One of them takes Ashwyn up on the offer of the floating disk, gasping with relief as he takes the weight off his leg.
    As they file up the gangplank, you can see sails beginning to unfurl from the twin masts, let loose by the sailors above.

Show
    Kebri and Khapya, you each get an opportunity attack against the crab that’s running away from you. If you both miss, it’s going to use the Dash action to scuttle 60’ away.
    The other crab is using the Disengage action, and running 30' away underwater.

It is now the PC's turn in the initiative order, but aside from those two crabs there's no one to fight.

Everyone reaches level 2 btw! Feel free to roll HP or take the average.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Strudel1000 View Post
    The other crab, nearly steamed in its shell, turns away from the two scaly creatures in front of it and attempts to high-tail it in the opposite direction.
    Before it can quite clear Kebri, she takes a parting whack at it with her staff, a sideways swing that clips it.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ooduls!
    Tortle Cleric (Tempest)
    AC: 17 (19 with shield) HP: 15/15
    Channel: 1/1 1st: 3/3

Ooduls shakes the shark creature from his trident. Looking around the scene, he confirms no more battle or threats, so the tortle heads to the Wavechaser to lend his hands to make way as soon as possible.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't you run away!" Khapya bellowed. As her fellow scaled k-name whacked it with her staff, Khapya lifted her hammer once more and dealt a heroic blow right to the centre of the crab's shell.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Charred by fire and softened by steam, Khapya and Kebri simultaneously strike out at the crab as it attempts to escape. Three of its legs snap where Kebri's staff hits them, and even though it gives a lot of resistance Khapya's hammer leaves a deep indent in its shell. It falls, and its legs twitch before coming to a rest.

Joao, who had been preening as he shepherded the few villagers who were left, breaks off and runs over to join you. "Well done! You're quite a talented group. Help me bring this to the ship, it should feed everyone for at least a night." He hefts it by the legs, and begins dragging it through the sand.
    Last edited by Strudel1000; 2020-10-08 at 08:37 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Charred by fire and softened by steam, Khapya and Kebri simultaneously strike out at the crab as it attempts to escape. Three of its legs snap where Kebri's staff hits them, and even though it gives a lot of resistance Khapya's hammer leaves a deep indent in its shell. It falls, and its legs twitch before coming to a rest.

Joao, who had been preening as he shepherded the few villagers who were left, breaks off and runs over to join you. "Well done! You're quite a talented group. Help me bring this to the ship, it should feed everyone for at least a night." He hefts it by the legs, and begins dragging it through the sand.
    Kebri, almost without thinking about it, tosses Joao a rope, saying, "Quick, loop it around the shell crossways, and then around me." And then she suddenly grows large... and hoof-y... and horse-y. A big horse, dark with white around the feet. She neighs as if to say "hurry up!" and stamps a foot, eager to head to the ship.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Ashwyn Holm
    Fire Genasi Wizard
    AC: 11 HP: 16/16

Ashwyn watches the creatures retreat and the crab fall, letting out a sigh of relief. She tucks away her wand and heads toward the ship. The disk with its injured passenger follows behind her as she rushes to catch up with Velkaria Time to go, don't you think? Despite tying her hair back again it's still out of place here and there and her clothing is singed from her own emotional outbursts and spells.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Velkaria Lapidus
    Tiefling Warlock
    AC: 13 HP: 17/17

"I do greatly enjoy fresh crab." Velkaria muses as she meanders in the direction of the ship at her friend's urging. She pauses for a moment and looks back at the sinking town. "It's a shame there won't be anything to pair it with. I don't suppose there might be enough time to nip over to the brewery before it sinks?" she asks, clearly expecting the answer to be no but hoping someone says yes.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2020-10-08 at 11:34 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Grey
    Tiefling Warlock
    AC: 15 HP: 15/15
    PP: 11 PIv: 10 PIs: 11

"Try it and see," Grey says to Velkaria, with a hint of exasperation. Why is everyone unable to just run for dear life when the situation calls for it? Even so, it waits at the dock for Kebri before hastening up the gangplank.

"I didn't know you could do that," it remarks, taking in her new form.
    Last edited by NontheistCleric; 2020-10-09 at 08:32 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

"No need for rope!"
    To save time, Khapya simply picked up the battered corpse of the crab and place dit on top of the now-horse's back, holding on to a pair of the legs to keep it in place.
    "See? Easy," she grinned.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Kebri walks somewhat quickly over to the ship, shrugs off the giant crab onto the deck, and transforms back into her dragonite self. "I wasn't sure I could do it, either. I just thought what'd be useful... and then I was that."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Ashwyn Holm
    Fire Genasi Wizard
    AC: 11 HP: 16/16

I am certain there will plenty of alcohol left on the mainland Ashwyn's nose wrinkles as she passes the crustacean and she sits upwind of the giant crab as they clamber onto the boat. She removes an expensive leather-bound tome from her bag and begins to hastily scribble into, glancing around occasionally at the position of the sun, the people around, and even seeming to take note of direction of the wind. Her hawk companion once again sails overhead and takes rest on the mast of the ship as they head towards safer shores.
    Last edited by Luccan; 2020-10-13 at 12:50 AM.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Velkaria Lapidus
    Tiefling Warlock

Velkaria sighs dramatically and gets onto the ship, thinking in retort "Yes, but on the mainland I will still have no money with which to purchase it with."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Grey
    Tiefling Warlock

Grey eyes Kebri's restored shape. "An unpredictable power," it notes. "Well, with luck it will help."

In that moment, the crystals still covering its body seem to flash almost angrily in the sun.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Joao’s eyes go wide when he sees the dragonborn in front of him transform into a large, hoofed creature. “That’s amazing! How in the Storm Lord’s name did you do that?” He steps opposite of Khapya to help balance the crab on the other side.

Just before the ship departs, Boerth and Heidi run down to the dock once more and grab the body of Kijori, cutting the ropes that keep the ship berthed before climbing up the gangplank once more. The sails fill with a westerly wind, and the Wavechaser begins sailing out to sea.

As the group of you reach the deck, the tabaxi welcomes you aboard. “Welcome to the Wavechaser. I am her captain, Three Earrings. I have watched you fight well against the sea devils. Please, join me in my quarters once we are well underway. I have a proposition for the group of you.” She turns to the tortle and says, “Ooduls, you join as well. First, keep an eye on our stern so that we are not pursued.” She turns and marches to the helm, where she begins conversing quietly with the helmsdwarf.

There are about 20 Palma Florans amidships, which makes the deck very cramped. Among them are Nyazan and Triton, the tortle and dragonborn kids- they both stare at Kebri as she shifts from a horse into her original form. Inana gives Velkaria a wave and a weak smile. Joao sees his fellow shark hunter Elanza and runs over to her. Before long, he begins to regale the refugees with tales of his bravery, who watch his spiel in numb silence.

Being one of the last people to board the ship, the orange haired cleric steps up to Kebri, and you feel healing energy flow into you. “Thank you all for helping my village. Without your powerful magics, I would probably be dead by now.” He gives you all a deep bow in thanks. “My name is Aurelio. I’m a disciple of the Wild Mother.” Looking at the giant steamed crab on the deck, he says, “May I ask you all for one more favor? My people are in desperate need of comfort right now. Would you be willing to share some of this crab? I can help butcher it. Of course, you have already done so much for us, so I apologize if it is rude of me to even ask.”

Show
    Ooduls, if you follow the captain’s orders, make a Perception check to see if you’re being followed.

Kebri, you regain [roll0] HP from Cure Wounds.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Joao’s eyes go wide when he sees the dragonborn in front of him transform into a large, hoofed creature. “That’s amazing! How in the Storm Lord’s name did you do that?” He steps opposite of Khapya to help balance the crab on the other side.

Being one of the last people to board the ship, the orange haired cleric steps up to Kebri, and you feel healing energy flow into you. “Thank you all for helping my village. Without your powerful magics, I would probably be dead by now.” He gives you all a deep bow in thanks. “My name is Aurelio. I’m a disciple of the Wild Mother.” Looking at the giant steamed crab on the deck, he says, “May I ask you all for one more favor? My people are in desperate need of comfort right now. Would you be willing to share some of this crab? I can help butcher it. Of course, you have already done so much for us, so I apologize if it is rude of me to even ask.”

Show
    Kebri, you regain [roll0] HP from Cure Wounds.
    Kebri shrugs at Joao's question, much like Grey's. "Unpredictable is right. Hopefully it continues to be useful and not happen at inopportune times."

To Aurelio, she respectfully bows her head when the healing magic flows. She also gives a little inelegant curtsey in response to his bow. "I'm not sure if there's a traditional greeting one says to a fellow follower of the Mother - it's not like I have formal training... and I think perhaps she frowns on formalities, anyhow. One law is certain though: when the pack kills, the pack eats. Each and every one. You and your people are more than welcome to share the crab. I am sorry about your homes," she adds, looking wistfully back at the island for a long moment.

Later, she does join Ooduls and the rest with the Captain. She's definitely curious what his proposal might be. "Do any of you have experience with islands sinking before?"

Spoiler: OOC - healing and resting
    Show
    Kebri was only 2hp down, if I recall correctly, so I think just about any amount would put her back at full. Plus, I think she'll sit and take a Short Rest if there's time.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ooduls!
    Tortle Cleric (Tempest)
    AC: 17 (19 with shield) HP: 15/15
    Channel: 1/1 1st: 3/3

"Aye, aye, cap'n,"Ooduls replies and weaves his way through the refugees to the stern.

He glances back to see if they are being followed and surveys the sea and horizon for good measure.

Perception - (1d20+6)[17]

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Grey
    Tiefling Warlock

Grey favors Aurelio with a nod, but says nothing, as it didn't kill the crab and has no claim to it. Instead, it wanders over to where Joao is speaking, coming up just behind him.

"So fearless," it mocks softly. "But you would be dead today if others had not saved you."
    Last edited by NontheistCleric; 2020-10-15 at 07:08 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Velkaria Lapidus
    Tiefling Warlock

Velkaria responds to Inana's greeting with a wan smile and a shrug. She then follows after the captain.

She just gives Kebri a blank stare at her question, thinking it's rather obvious she has no experience with most anything that happened to her today.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Ashwyn Holm
    Fire Genasi Wizard
    AC: 11 HP: 9/9

Ashwyn finishes her writing and follows the other into the captain's quarters to hear the tabaxi out.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

"Go ahead," Khapya boomed as they asked about the crab. "Share out as much crab as you'd like. The kids gotta eat if they want to grow up big like me, eh?"

The giant woman had to duck to enter through the door into the captain's cabin.
    "What's the proposition?" she asked cheerfully, before Kebri asked her question. Khapya laughed at it, her sharp teeth flashing. "Can't say I have! But those fish-men things must have some pretty strong tricks if they were responsible for it!"