New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 5

Aklah kept wrestling Eris, not comprehending what she said as it pinned her, then got pinned, then struggled to break free.

"No, not personally. I've been injected with some memories of her, though," Maly answered.
    "You know how that works I believe."
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Eris released Aklah.
    ""Come on, follow me. Gotta teach you to challenge the skies" she said laughing, leading the wyvern with a hand on the head to the direction of the gates.

"Uuuugh... Yeah, I know. Tentacle in the ear. I still don't like that memory" Sirthis frowned "It won't happen anymore homewever. And before you say something about power, Gloriana can probably give you just as much" he said "A shame you can't stay here but... I'm happy you'll be much nearer" he took her hand to squeeze it before getting back to his food.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

The wyvern followed, growling at passersby until they came to the gates.

"Nobody had the knowledge Tren Krom did. Nobody," Malyanna said. "She has a perfect memory that outlives the oldest gods and has been absorbing knowledge from others for longer than the humanoid races have existed. But..." Malyanna smiled. "I'm happy to be away."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Eris nodded at the fomorians but didn't try to talk- she knew from the other time that she could push it open herself.
    Once out, she led Aklah to where she could find an open enough space and took out a meaty treat.
    "Ready?" she asked making sure she had the wyvern's attention on the piece of food.
    Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Not sure if you wanted another athletics test for the gate:

(1d20+9)[20](1d20+9)[17] with advantage.

"I'm happy too. That you're closer though- and that you can make your own life" he leaned in and kissed Malyanna's cheek.
    "Wanna check out the Fortress after this? Or have you something to do already in mind? I've got no idea what you usually did around your parts for leisure"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-08-06 at 03:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

The wyvern stared fixated at the food in Eris's hand, lifting her tail.

"I'm, ah, not supposed to look around too much," Malyanna said. "Learning the floor plan of this place was one of the first things I wasn't supposed to do."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

"Well then" Eris made the motion to launch the food in the air once and twice, to let Aklah understand what she was going to do, then she flinged it in the air "Catch it!" and ran. If Aklah could fly and take it in the air, then good, otherwise she'd have to snatch it before Eris could take it once it fell down to the ground.
    She really hoped wyverns could fly istintively.

"Mrhmmmm... Fine. Then how about you help me with my studying? Or..." Sirthis looked at the flies "Uh, nevermind the second option. But I could totally put make-up on you. It's been two weeks since the last time I think"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah leapt into the air and flapped her wings to go for it, and snatched up the food before returning to the ground, humming in her throat.

Malyanna looked at him questioningly. "Oh. Um, alright."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Eris clapped her hands happily, petting Aklah for her good job.
    "You don't really need help. But we also need to see if you STAY in air" she took out two more pieces and repeated the process- homewever she threw the piece after saying "Up!" and threw the second shortly after the first in another direction to see if Aklah after eating the first would change course and fly towards the second or just drop down.

"What? You never wore make-up?" Sirthis offered Malyanna his best smile "Your room has a mirror? We're all set if so"

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah flew up and snatched up both snacks, then stayed in the air for a moment, looking down at Eris with confusion.

"Not recently... but yes, I do have a mirror." Malyanna stood up.
    "It's just this way."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Eris clapped happily.
    "I'm guessing she doesn't understand why I'm not flying" Eris theorized, and jumped flailing her arms to show Aklah that she indeed could not fly. She must be looking like a crippled wyvern.
    Or Aklah was realizing only now that she could stay airborne.

Sirthis stood up.
    "I swear this is not a prank. Nor a way to get you in private" he assured her.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah slowly landed and sniffed at Eris's arms, then bumped Eris upwards as if to say, "come on, I thought we were flying."

"Good luck with that last one," Malyanna said, nodding to the flies as she led Sirthis to her room.
    It was the same room that Lenora had had.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Eris blinked then smiled.
    "How about this?" she said and jumped on Aklah, pressing her knees to try and stay steady without a saddle. She pointed up towards the sky.
    "Let's go! Up!" she patted her.

"Yeah, they are a bother" Sirthis frowned "I don't think I can send them away altogether though, since it's Mab's order" he shrugged. When they got to the room, he motioned for the bed "Sit on it" Sirthis said professionally. Or what he thought was professionally anyway, taking out the kit.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah flapped her wings and lifted up, then whined and fell back to the ground, trying to shake Eris off.

Malyanna hesitantly sat down.
    "You just carry that with you? And it's not... blown up?"
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh come oooon" Eris petted Aklah and held a piece of meat up to stop her from shaking, then launched it "Up!" she did her best to stay on though, unsure wether Aklah couldn't hold her or if she simply wasn't used to it.

Sirthis blinked.
    "Why would it blow up? It's not explosive" he asked confused "And I've been hardly ever hurt lately. If you don't count the flail that almost crushed my mind or the ankheg queen that tried to drag me to her place" he showed her the contents of the kit to make sure she knew what he meant with make-up.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah rolled over to pin Eris under her back, humming out something almost like a chuckle.

"I... I do count that," Malyanna said. "Um... that." she chose some black lipstick.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

"This" Eris couldn't hide the giggle even with a wyvern's weight on her stomach and pretty much all of her body "Wasn't supposed to happen" she reached under Aklah's wings and tried to heave her off from under her. Stronger or not, it was a wyvern big enough to carry her. Failing that, Eris would tickle Aklah into submission.

Sirthis blinked evidently confused by her hesitation. He took the lipstick out but since he had been teached things step by step he first took the... Foundation, he thought it was called. Didn't remember terribly well.
    "With your fair skin black should go well indeed. Stay still. And relax, Maly" he told her doing as practiced- stuff on two fingers, put some on cheeks, forehead and nose, then spread to even out.
    "I was teached by the brownies on my sister you know?" he narrated "After she was resurrected of course"

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah wrestled with Eris for awhile before she managed to get out from under the wyvern, who began licking her instead.

"Perhaps I'll meet your sister someday,"
    Malyanna said, holding still to let him work.
    "Have you done your wife's makeup?"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

"You think you can bribe me with licks? Well, you're right" Eris sighed and surrendered herself to it, petting Aklah under the throat.
    "At least you can obviously fly"

She knows how to fly. She also doesn't get why I don't.

"I told her to make sure to learn Sylvan from Father to bring her to visit Gloriana so it's pretty likely. And... Nope, Mab refused after I told her my past experiences with this stuff. Thus I've been learning" when he was satisfied with the work, Sirthis picked the lipstick Maly chose.
    "Pucker up" he mimicked the gesture.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah licked Eris a few more times, then stretched and looked out at the open sky, flapping her wings in anticipation. She looked at Eris expectantly.

Well, why don't you?

Malyanna obediently extended her lips, taking a look at herself in the mirror.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Make me... yeah, just an intelligence check to see how you do.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Because you're the only one that makes me fly.

That was both literal and figurative. Eris frowned, unsure on what to do.
    "I... I can't fly, Aklah" she said slightly desperate, flapping her arms uselessly and jumping to show her.
    "I don't have these" she briefly petted the skin that made up Aklah's wings, then gestured at the emptiness she had instead under the arms.

Sirthis smiled and snatched a kiss from Malyanna before actually doing his job.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Uuuugh... Why intelligence...

(1d20+2)[5] Lucky (1d20+2)[11]

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, my heart!
    Aklah nuzzled Eris's arms in confusion and made a humming sound of sadness.

Malyanna giggled and that made him miss the first stroke a bit. But he ended with a serviceable job done to her.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah's sad because we aren't flying. It's horrible.

Eris' tail thumped around as she got desperate to make the wyvern happier.
    "Aklah... Mmm..." Eris narrowed her eyes at Aklah's hind legs. Nah, it made no sense.
    "Wouldn't you be able to take us both in the skies?" she patted her back where she climbed earlier without moving to get on though. Eris had no idea what to do otherwise.

"Almost perfect. It helps to have such a good model" Sirthis smiled gesturing at her reflection in the mirror "And nobody got any rashes"

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

That's so sad!
    Aklah croaked out a sad sound of not understanding and moped, sulking as much as a reptile could.

"Rashes? Was there a chance of rashes?" Malyanna asked.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Eris fidgeted and decided to try and do something else.

Can you Send to Sirthis and tell him to meet me outside? I'm in open view anyway. I want to see if I can make Aklah understand by showing somebody riding another flying mount.

"Oh right, you wouldn't know. No, no chance of rashes- but the first time I ever tried make-up I was an apprentice trying to pass as a girl and escape my druid teacher's notice. It didn't work and whatever I used back then... My skin itched for so long" Sirthis sighed at the memory, sitting next to Malyanna.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, okay.

Malyanna laughed. "Wow. I'm glad you have the right stuff now."
    Sirthis got a Sending.
    Can you meet Eris at the gates? She's trying to train Aklah to fly with a passenger.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

"Just in case, don't ever rub unknown berries on your face" Sirthis said, before receiving the Sending.

Spoiler: Reply
    Show
    On my way! I hope she won't mind Malyanna.

Sirthis smiled.
    "Hey, wanna fly? I need somebody to ride me and this will make sense once we get outside the gates. Nothing says you can't stay at the front door while under surveillance right?" he tried and turned to the flies "Of course you'll come too. I'm not taking her any farther then that, so it's alright" he stood up taking Maly's hand, not really considering 'No' as an answer.
    "Ah, there will be Eris too. And the wyvern"

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

The flies followed Malyanna and Sirthis without complaint, and soon Malyanna was waving at Eris. "Nice to see you again, Lelahinn."
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-08-06 at 11:28 PM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Eris stiffened, but nodded.
    "Same. Or as close as it gets. Nice make-up. Why is there a bundle of flies chasing you?" she asked.

"They are keeping her under surveillance"

"That must be bothersome. At least the buzzing. Anyway" she patted the sulking wyvern "Aklah wanted to fly, but doesn't understand carrying me and won't fly because I can't follow her. I was hoping you could show her how it is done" Eris explained.

Sirthis nodded.
    "Sounds simple enough. If I turn into a giant eagle and Malyanna climbs on me and you do the same, then maybe she'll get the idea once I start flying. Maybe" he mused looking at the wyvern's stinger carefully, then he nodded and started transforming into said eagle.
    "I just hope Aklah doesn't stEEEEEK!" the sentence continued into a eagle's screeching as he spread his wings for Aklah to see.

"Right, Aklah? Pay attention" Eris told the wyvern gesturing for the other two, ready to climb on after Aklah watched Malyanna climb on Sirtagle.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-08-07 at 06:36 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah looked at Sirthis while Malyanna loaded herself onto his bird back. "Ready!" she called.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Eris nodded and vaulted on Aklah.
    "Ready!" she said, and while Sirtagle screeched towards the wyvern and took flight Eris pointed at him and Malyanna and patted Aklah.
    "Go Aklah! Up!" she exclaimed.