New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kagegakure; Team 5 [IC Thread]

The Next Morning

Three of you meet at the gate, like you were supposed to yesterday, and immediately notice that Toshio and Lani are very absent.

Toshio

You awaken to a rat chewing on your leg. You shoo the thing away easily, but you also have no idea where you are at. You appear to be sleeping in a small alley beside two tall stone structures.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Toshio

Yes, I am the king of getting lost, Toshio reminds himself as he kicks away the furry rodent that was nibbling on his scabbed legs. The lost shinobi looks down at what became his makeshift bed for that night. Dirty, dirty, dirty. Well at least I didn’t wake up with Kumo-nins performing experiments on me. Toshio looks down at his legs and sees for the first time flesh-colored skin. “Heh, will you look at that, some skin’s actually returning for once,” he noted jokingly.

The kage-nin wondered if any little girl would scream if she saw him without the bandages on. Toshio dismissed the thought and looked around to see where he was. He knew exactly where he was…lost. “Well I guess I should head towards the East Wall like yesterday-“ the genin looks up to the sky trying to find the easterly sun, but to his dismay finds another cloud-filled morning, “If this village wasn’t so sun-depraved maybe I could figure out my directions.”

Toshio shrugs and heads out the alleyway, but walks straight into another, and another, and another. “What good are these eyes if I can’t find my way out of this street?” The lost ninja kept on trudging along even past two stone structures and a ticked off rat…Toshio had to look at the scene once again. “A circle, I went through a circle?! Kuso! Who designed this village?” With his left hand along the alley’s wall, Toshio continued his way out. A little trick I learned from a movie. They always put their hand along one wall when they’re in a maze.

Within a few moments the genin found himself back in his original spot. His shoulders slumped down and rather large sweat bead formed on his temple. “It’s going to be a long day…”

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival Check anyone?
    Last edited by The Unborne; 2008-02-18 at 08:17 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213

Ichimaru yawned, rubbing the back of his neck as his ears twitched.

The genin paused for a moment. "Are we missing someone?" He asked, tilting his head curiosly.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Matsumoto Ryuu

"I thought you blind shinobi were supposed to be crazy good at smell or hearing or something. I'll give you a hint. One smells like burnt toast, the other like unwashed cats." Ryuu commented wrly from where he leaned against the wall, a little smirk playing upon his features. He tucked his dreadlocks back behind the headband he was using to keep them out of his eyes and looked down to wall in either direction.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sanma

Getting to the East wall, Sanma raises an eyebrow as he sees only two of the members of his group.

"Eh, are we missing someone?" Repeating word for word what Ichimaru just said.

"Oh gods... Kumo-nin, assassins, human experimentation... what next?"
    A Revenant

6. - Top - End - #216

Toshio

After passing the same spot too many times to count, Toshio throws a couple rocks at the resident rodent that was still looking at him with anger in its eyes. The furry creature fled through the alleyway and the young genin followed it figuring it knew its way better than he did. The rat led him towards a rather large building, but it slipped through a crack and found a home within the darkness. Toshio looked at the grand building, but could not make out the front of it since he was trapped behind. I think I saw this place before…It's either the rich-people's restaurant that I hear all the villagers talk about, or it’s the gym. Either way, I’m sure now I’m south of the village. Unless this is the movie theatre’s back alley, that would mean I’m in the north.

Toshio sighs a little and looks towards his left heading down a narrowing path, hoping to the greater powers above he was heading eastward. “One day I have to buy myself a map, or maybe create a jutsu that tells me where north is.” For a long period of time, Toshio wondered if there was such a technique. Ah well, I’ll just buy a compass if we ever walk into the business district.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone Else

Neither Toshio nor Lani show up for another ten minutes. This marks the first time Toshio was ever late for the morning meeting.

Toshio

You wander about some more, and finally notice that you're standing in front ofa rather nice restaurant. A few people are passing by, but everyone seems so busy and the appearance of another genin is nothing worth taking notice for them.

8. - Top - End - #218

Toshio

The young genin looks at the restaurant and then glances back from the direction he came from. Was that the gym and this the restaurant? Toshio watches as the people walk pass him; surely they would have better directions than that rat had.

“Excuse me sir, but do you know where the East Wall is?” No reply.

“Gomen nasai miss, is the East Wall in this direction?” The woman gives no notice to the genin she nearly bowled over.

A young mother pulls up right in front of Toshio holding a baby over her shoulder. “You don’t by any chance know where my team is, do you?” The genin asks the baby; his only reply is a burp followed by spit that landed on the kage-nin’s face. That was it, Toshio was about to have a breakdown, or maybe he was already having one. He knew he was late; his teammates were probably off learning secret jutsus that he would never hope to learn. All because he wanted to be safe for a night…

“EXCUSE ME, BUT I REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE EAST WALL IS! SOMEONE PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION…THANK YOU!” The shout nearly made the baby in front of him cry, or was it the katsugan that was spinning rapidly in his eye sockets? If no one answers his cry for help, Toshio continues on his path to which he hopes is toward the East Wall.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the hold up guys I really should have gave Toshio Knowledge (Location) That and I really thought Toshio would get lost again sooner or later.

9. - Top - End - #219

Ichimaru scratched his head, then coughed.

"Uhh... This probably has something to do with yesterday." He said, after a long pause, "Perhaps we should split up to search Toshio and Sensei?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (Listen Roll: 1+14... Those natural 20s are coming back to bite. The actual roll is in the OOC thread, but why would I lie about a 1? )
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Ichimaru

You hear Toshio shout off just a little ways to the northeast.

Toshio

People just give the shouting genin a sour look and go about their business per usual. A shouting genin not knowing where he's going might get them killed if he's really that inept.

11. - Top - End - #221

"Uh..wait..maybe not. Toshio's thatta-way." Ichi said, pointing northeast with a weak smile.

Laughing uncomfortably for a moment, the genin darted off towards the sound of Toshio's voice, keeping a hand infront of him to detect any sudden wall or something equally comical.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

12. - Top - End - #222

Sanma

Scratching his head, the genin looks at Ichimaru, puzzled.

"You sure? I didn't hear anything at all!"

He ponders for a second, watching the genin dash forward into the unknown.

"Huh, I'll just wait here for you then!" Then with a pause, he turns to Ryuu. "Eh, you might want to go with him... I'm not sure it's safe letting the blind go after the lost. If you see what I mean. And we don't really want anyone to leave here in case Sensei comes."
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-02-21 at 11:45 PM.
    A Revenant

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Ryuu

"Why me?" Ryuu frowned at Sanma, crossing his arms over his chest. "The last time Ichi went running off blind like that we got ambushed by Kumo-nins." he sighed. "Ah well. I guess it might be good for a laugh. At least I won't get bored." he acquiesced, shaking his head as he took off after his blind teammate.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Ichimaru and Ryuu

You both stumble upon Toshio, hidden among a small crowd of wandering people.

Sanma

You wait, but Tora-sensei doesn't make an appearance. She's twenty-minutes late so far.

15. - Top - End - #225

Sanma

What in the world should we do...

Looking around, the genin has no idea where his sensei has gone to. It seemed a bit unorthodox of her to just be -this- late to a team meeting. Looking bored, he simply puts his left hand inside his pocket, then suddenly, he starts to panic. His face changes from mild concern to worry. His right hand goes into his right pocket, and he then looks in his kimono for its inside pockets.

Where's it gone?

Looking in his shuriken holster, then his belt pouch, he suddenly remembers. He bends his head down slightly, and grabs the Kagegakure headband from outside the pouch and slides a finger between the metal forehead protector and the cloth.

Releasing a sigh of relief, he puts his headband back into his belt pouch and chuckles to himself on how he'd get himself so worked up over what was really just a piece of rock. He looks up to the sky and his smile fades slowly.

Looking towards where his teammates are gone, he takes a look around, looking for either Lani or Moko.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[6]
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-02-23 at 02:46 AM.
    A Revenant

16. - Top - End - #226

Toshio

Toshio’s face scrunches up as he starts biting the inside of his mouth. The slight pain allowed him to calmly look around, maybe there was a sign he missed. Instead, he finds Ryuu and Ichimaru bustling through the crowd towards him. A long sigh comes from the genin; he realized finally that he was going to be found. I really have to stop getting lost. One day it may mean ruin for the team. Toshio quickly dismisses the thought once the pair was close by.

“Ichimaru-kun! Ryuu-san! Over here!”
    The kage-nin tried his best to hide the desperateness from his voice. Toshio then started off and made his way to his teammates, “You won’t believe the morning I’ve had so far. I woke up lost in an alleyway and couldn’t find my way back…At least I wasn’t outside the village this time. Heh-heh…” Toshio grabs for the back of his head scratching his auburn hair. “So…is Lani-sensei mad at me?”

17. - Top - End - #227

Ichimaru smiles uneasily, "Yeah... about that. We haven't seen her all day." The blind genin said.

He shrugged, stretching his mouth wide in a grimace.

"Will we ever have a day where something doesn't go horribly wrong?"
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Sanma

Even with his shinobi training, Sanma does not spot his teacher or the tiger anywhere nearby. A small clock, hanging off a street lamp, shows the time to be 6:23. A full twenty-three minutes past the normal meeting time.

19. - Top - End - #229

Sanma

Sanma looks around and can't seem to find them. He sighs softly. He also looked towards the direction where his teammates had gone. What was taking so long?

He felt quite alone and miserable. He hadn't been this way in a while, all the activity had helped him forget about his problems and appear happier. And maybe he was? Maybe he was happy to live here in Kagegakure. So what if your parents...

He stopped the thought there. Even thinking of it, he should just punish himself for thinking about it. He closes his eyes and breathes deeply. Trying to calm himself down. Everytime he was left alone, everything came back to hit him in the face.

Never alone... never again. He opened teary eyes and wiped the excess water with his sleeve. Never. He gets up and goes on a nearby roof from where he can see better and shouts out as loud as he can.

"ICHI! RYUU!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 20 on spot check to find Lani and Moko.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-02-26 at 05:09 PM.
    A Revenant

20. - Top - End - #230

Toshio

As Sanma’s shout carried through the village, Toshio was the one to pick it up. The semi-banadged genin looked up trying to see if his teammate was anywhere to be found, but sighed when he couldn’t make out Samna. “Sounds like Sanma-san is calling out for you two…I’m guessing we shouldn’t keep him waiting?” Toshio waits for his two comrades to make off towards their white-haired friend, but in the meantime tries to gather information about their missing jounin.

“Are you quite positive Lani-sensei didn’t show up? This wouldn't be the first time she was late…When I first met her- both of you weren’t there for it, but- she was maybe ten minutes late and Moko was the one that showed up instead. Later, I found her sleeping deeper in the woods…Maybe she’s just sleeping-in again, yesterday probably caused a few headaches for her, I’m sure,” Toshio let his voice trail off, sometimes he really did talk too much, but he was interested in the situation. It’s either she’s late or the Kumo-nins really did come after us during the night…I really hope it’s the first.

With that, Toshio quietly follows his teammates back to Sanma’s location.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Ryuu

"I rather prefer days where something goes horribly wrong." Ryuu quipped, grinning at Ichi. "Where's the fun in a boring old, normal day anyway?"

He followed Toshio towards where Sanma had gotten impatient and was yelling for them. He vaulted up onto the nearest ledge, then scrambled up to join Sanma on the roof where he could get a good look at the surrounding area. Maybe Lani would finally be along?

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone but Ichimaru

Scanning the area provides you with no sight of Lani or Moko. You do spot the local vet's office though. It's just a hop and a skip, literally, away from where you are.

23. - Top - End - #233

Sanma

Sighing slightly as they see no Lani nor Moko, the genin spots the vet office shortly after. Hey, she did say Moko wasn't feeling well yesterday, maybe he's still at the vet?

Getting up, the genin points at the building.

"Didn't tora-sensei tell us about Moko being sick? Maybe she's at the vet!"

With that, he hops. Then skips. Landing near the office, he rushes in, pushing the door wide open.

"Lani-sensei?"
    A Revenant

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Ryuu

The dreadlocked genin follows, his hair flying out behind him as he jumped to follow Sanma. "It's worth a look." he agreed as he landed in a crouch and jogged along with his teammate. "The only reason I can think of that she would be late is if Moko's not doing too well."

When Sanma pushed the doors open, Ryuu followed right behind, looking around curiously. He'd never had a pet, nor had he ever been in the vet's office before.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235

Ichimaru tilted his head, pursing his lips in curiosity, but the other two ninjas were already gone.

He shrugged as he stood his ground, not quite comfortable around the feral jungle cat that Lani had called a 'pet'.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

26. - Top - End - #236

Toshio

"From one place to another..." Toshio mutters quietly to no one in particular. He looks towards Ichimaru and his hesitant reaction to follow the other two, "Ichimaru-kun, if Lani-sensei loves the tiger then we better get used to him being around." Toshio kept one eye on the other two to make sure he didn't lose their direction while talking. Please be there Tora-sensei... With that, the bandaged-bound genin takes the similar route that Sanma and Ryuu took towards the vet's office.

He walks into the place not knowing what they would find out. It's probably just Moko again, she was late yesterday to come and rescue us... Toshio is glad to have bandages covering his face, or his teammates would see a really nervous genin underneath.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone

The waiting room is a mess. Six patience stand inside as well as one receptionist behind her large desk. Each person has an animal--A woman with her cat in her lap, a man with his parrot on his shoulder, a little boy carrying a monkey in a cage, a tall girl carrying a dog in her arms..

..And at the far end of the room is Lani, with Moko sitting in her lap. She squeezes the large tiger in a tight hug as she strokes it's head and back. "You'll be ok, Moko. There won't be any problems alright? The doctor is just gonna give you a quick little poke and you'll be right as rain!"

28. - Top - End - #238

Toshio

Toshio's Katsugan goes crazy as they step through the vet's office, his eyes try to pick up each single strand of pet fur floating in the air. The young genin squints as a slight pain arises in his temples. "Ow..." Toshio fumbles through his side pocket to pull out his roll of linen. Most of it was nearly used up.

Kuso, I need to go shopping today. Wrapping the linen around his eyes eased off most of the pain and spinning of the Katsugan and allowed him to find Lani-sensei craddling Moko on her lap. Two feelings started swelling up inside Toshio: a feeling of relief that their sensei was fine and dandy and a feeling of pity for the noble tiger. Behind the coverings, Toshio's eyes spotted Moko's tail flopping from side to side as Lani was hugging him. Oh one day Moko...one day.

The bandaged genin quickly dismissed the thought in fear the tiger's emerald eyes could maybe see through to Toshio's plan. The genin straightens up and tries his best not to scare Lani-sensei with their sudden appearance, "Good morning Tora-sensei, how's Moko doing today?"

29. - Top - End - #239

Sanma

Sanma fully expected Moko to leap on him with all claws out as he opened the door, and find a bloody heap of limbs with moans coming out of torn bodies. But as he opened a door to what looked like a fairly normal vet office, he breathed a sharp sigh of relief. He looks towards the different customers and spots Lani-sensei, he rolls his eyes slightly before putting his hands in his pockets and walking towards his sensei and Moko.

I can't believe we got so worried about the Kumo-nins, in the end it was just Moko needing a worm check. He didn't actually know that, but Sanma didn't really care much for the siberian tiger who had utterly humiliated him the day he started the team with Toshio.

"We thought you had been kidnapped by Kumo-nins for a second, sensei."
    A Revenant

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Lani-sensei

"Nyah~! I knew I was forgetting something! Wait just a second, ok? They called my name earlier."

Lani stands up, carrying the big tiger in her arms like a baby as she heads over to the nurse's desk. She and the nurse have a hushed conversation, then Lani carries the tiger through a pair of double-doors marked "EMERGENCY". She only spends a minute behind those doors before she comes back empty-handed and smiling. "Alright everyone, lets get going!"

Lani, Toshio, Ryuu, and Sanma leave the vet all together. Lani is smiling wide and has seemingly forgotten all about the Kumo-nin and their kind. She shouts to Ichimaru to come with them when she spots him. "Alright everyone. What with the whirlwind of activity since yesterday, I realized we haven't properly met one another. So.. We're going to do the traditional bonding method~!" Lani points straight down the street toward a small ramen shop. She begins running toward it and waves over her shoulder at her genin. "Come on! Last one there is buying!"

Lani deftly tumbles through the crowd, slowly making her way across to the ramen shop. But you can tell from the sound of her voice and the grin plastered across her face that she's not taking any of you seriously as competition. She even stops to chat with a random passerby!

Spoiler
    Show
    The ramen shop is a hundred and twenty(120) feet away. If you run through the streets, you need a DC 10 Tumble check not to run into anyone.