New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 7

"Oh!" Polly thought about it. "Um... sure, yeah! And we can discuss the value of your blood while we walk." She turned around and hobbled alongside them, humming excitedly.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, hopefully we'll have a lot of time for that" Eris said, welcoming her into the group as they made their way to the city built near a very steep drop.
    "I would never live here. Oh, she's Mávro" Eris gestured at the elf since this was tecnically the first time Polly met her (not viceversa) "She doesn't speak Common though"

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Polly said something in Sylvan. Mávro shrugged and shook her head with an apologetic look.
    "Oh well,"
    she shrugged, putting her hands forward to walk, hunched over.
    "So here's the sheet again."
    she passed over her prices.
    "And I'd be willing to give you credit for your blood at... oh, fifty gold per vial?"
    She smiled at Eris and Leff.
    "And a few thousand for one of your wings, if you're not too attached."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

"A few thousands? Uh" Eris whistled "Leff, you think you could learn that spell Anaweir used to give me back my arm? If we had it I could give several wings. Currently I'm attached, yes" she smiled apologetically at Molly for not letting her CHOP OFF HER LIMB.
    "The blood's viable though. When we'll be more settled you can drain as much as you want. Without killing me possibly"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

"I promise not to kill you on accident," Polly said happily.
    "And you... Leflabah?"

"Oh. Um... I like my blood where it's at."
    "Pity. Well, I travel with my wares and I have those Necrotic Resistance Potions now, if you're still interested."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

"I should first know how much the armor costs- spending money and ending up not having enough would be rather useless. Speaking of which... Say, how many Fire and Necrotic Resistance potions can you make in a single batch? And how often can you make them? Leff, how much blood could I theorically lose each day?" Eris asked looking pensive.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

"Depends on how good the materials are and how good my lab is. This is my travel kit, so I can only make like one potion at a time with it. I'll be renting a new space once I get there. Don't know where yet!"
    "Um... probably a lot, with magical healing. But... try not to bleed yourself out, please?" Leff asked.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll try" Eris replied non-committaly at Leff, thoughtful.
    "Well, we are going to get a pretty big place hopefully soon-ish, if you don't find a good place to rent you could work with us" she offered to the half-hag "I'm not clear on what the prices should be, but I'm sure we could strike a deal. If we are going to spend money for potions and you are going to spend money for the rent we could just trade one for the other and it'd be cheaper for both"

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

"This is my dream!" Polly said excitedly, and hugged Eris.
    "I'll just quit the Zhentarim. Honestly, they're really angry people! I don't like them!"

"You can quit the Zhentarim?"
    "They can't stop me."
    They approached a monk stationed at the front of Candle Keep, a symbol of Lathander around her neck. "Polly? You're back?"
    "Hi, Susan!"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

"That guy did look not very friendly" Eris nodded and hugged Polly back.

When they to the monk, Eris nodded in greeting.
    "I'm Eris Lelahinn, happy to meet you. We met Polly on the road and she decided to come with us since it'd be shorter. Anyway- we'd like to enter. We seek to do business with, uh... Talia Silver Eye, I think?" she looked at Polly for confirmation on wether that was the right name.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

"She can help you, but she doesn't own anything. Just a local celebrity who likes adventuring types. We want..." Polly spat.
    "Ellias."

Susan chuckled and brought them into a library, then down a floor into a brightly-lit area that was almost a museum. Aklah had to wait outside, but Mávro volunteered to watch her.
    The curator, as it were, was a gold elf with arrogant eyes who smirked at Polly. The pieces were glowing objects – magic, perhaps.
    "Polly. Here to get some potions from a real alchemist?" He asked.
    "I... you're the... not... real... alchemist. Guy. **** you!"
    Polly said.

It was perhaps two moments later that a tall, slender woman in a long dress with glowing silver eyes came down the steps. "Polly?" she asked.
    Polly blushed bright purple. "Hi Talia. These people need Ellias's artificer knowledge to fix some armor or something."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

"You know everybody here" Eris said, genuinely amused as could be seen by her tail starting to wag "Yes. I'm Eris Lelahinn, pleasure to meet you and, well, when I got my armor I didn't have wings" she pulled out the suit of armor holding it up straight to let them see "So I can't wear it anymore. I was hoping it could be fitted for me"

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

"A simple matter. I'm almost surprised the half-hag couldn't manage it. Almost."
    "I'm an alchemist, not a smith!"

"And yet." Ellias took the armor and looked it over. "Yes, I could get this done in a few hours. It will take about one minute longer to put it on, with the change in straps needed. The alteration shall cost... let us say one hundred gold coins?"
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

"Here's for the armor" Eris pulled out ten platinum coins, less amused "Which means I have all the money I need for a good alchemist. Guess we have the time for business, Polly" she tried not to smirk.

Nobody bullies her potential family alchemist.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Ellias snorted and took the armor and coins. "Come back in three hours."
    Talia took Leff's hand. "Is that your wyvern outside?"
    "Yes, she's Aklah. And you're Talia Silver-Eye?"
    "Yes." Talia smiled at Polly, who looked at the ground. "I see you're back."
    "Yeah."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Eris' gaze switched between the elf and the half-hag, curious.

Hey, I think Polly likes Talia. There is surely something from how she acts. Polly I mean.

Her tail wagged some more- it wasn't just Sirthis the one that liked love stories.
    "So, you know each other? Polly spoke highly of you"
    Also, like Sirthis, she couldn't help but stick her nose in stuff.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty obviously.

"We hunted a vampire together. She's a hero," Talia said simply.
    Polly bit her teeth. "Well! Let's get somewhere private so I can show you my wares!"
    "I invite you to my room at the Temple of Lathander."
    "Oh!"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds like an idea" Eris nodded approvingly and gave a supporting pat to Polly. She knew all too well how stressfull it was when you love someone and are pretending otherwise.
    "Is there somewhere Aklah can wait and be catered to?"

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm afraid not," Talia said. "Though I suppose... there is no procession. How well-behaved is she?"

Polly smiled nervously at Eris.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

"A lot, for a wyvern. She's used to waiting outside and or stay in stables, and also used to deal with passing people and populated places by now. And ate a pair of rocs a few hours ago, so if we leave her a bit to eat she should be alright" Eris replied "And she's obedient. We've had somewhat peaceful encounters with dragons multiple times with Aklah around. And if a stranger tries to touch her she'll growl first, and only later bite" she looked proud of herself.
    "Homewever, if somebody insists on bothering her I can't say they'll walk away on their legs- she's extremely attached to us and doesn't trust people she doesn't kniw without food in hand" there again, if somebody insists on bothering a wyvern they kinda deserve it. But she didn't add that.
    "Oh, uhm, she should probably stay away from cattle. Though we can pay for it"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-11-04 at 05:44 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

"Well then, it should be safe to put her in the main worship chamber. It's empty and made of limestone, so..." Talia nodded. "I can get her in, I think." Talia went out to the wyvern.
    It took some talking, but eventually Aklah was chilling out in the temple, curled up and finally having that nap.
    They were brought upstairs, Mávro still with the wyvern to ensure she didn't start eating priests, and the rest of the party was brought into a comfortable, but not magnificent, chamber, where Talia sat on the bed. Coughing, Polly took out her potions.
    "For now, my prices are the same. I imagine they'll get cheaper once I move in with you. Not... like a roommate," she said. "I'm explaining too much. Okay, prices are the same."

Spoiler: Haven't changed
    Show
    Polly Prices

Potion of Healing 50 gp
    Potion of Greater Healing 150 gp
    Potion of Superior Healing 450 gp

Potion of Heroism 180 gp

Potion of Resistance (Fire, Cold, Lightning, Poison) 250 gp
    Potion of Resistance (Thunder, Acid, Necrotic) 300 gp
    Potion of Speed 400 gp
    Potion of Flying 500 gp
    Potion of Vitality 960 gp

Purchase of 1,000 gp or more comes with a free Alchemist’s Fire or vial of Acid!

Everpine Blight Cure 50 gp
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Eris chuckled.
    "We plan on settling down in Baldur's Gate- well, near it. I figured Polly could set up shop with us- it'd be cheaper for us both and I trust Polly enough. Plus her experience as an adventurer is going to be useful, if she wishes to" Eris explained as she checked the prices "Oh, I should actually tell you what we are building, Polly. My hope- our hope is to set up not just a home but a school. I've seen too many adventurers running themselves ragged, including us- I wish to train those that wish to help the world. And currently we have no vampire slayer nor alchemist- though you obviously aren't forced to contribute to that too. Just your work would be of help. Anyway, potions of Resistance to Fire and Necrotic, plus Heroism ones and various Healing potions if you have them. And two potions for the other elemental resistances. How much does it come out as? I've got like... 19.890 gold coins. 15.000 of which in gemstones, if you accept them- I got a written appraisal from Velka of Baldur's Gate for those"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-11-04 at 06:31 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Polly looked at the appraisal. "Alright, let's see here... you said 'potions' of fire and necrotic resistance, I'd need a number there, but for everything you did say... I think I have enough inventory here to accommodate you. I have five normal healing potions and three greater, superior I'd need some ingredients for. But if you take all my healing potions and two of everything else, that puts you back... 4860 gold pieces." Polly beamed. "Plus a free vial of acid! The best deals in hag swag! That's me!"
    She then considered the other bit. "I don't like fighting," she said. "I'd like to stop. Just peacefully brew for the rest of my life. Make a deal with a god to get into a decent afterlife. You know, the works."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

"You and others. It's for this exact reason- we can't costantly run around fixing everything until we drop too tired" Eris nodded "There's time though. We currently don't even have a home. Anyway! I didn't say a number for Necrotic and Fire for a reason. How many you have?" meanwhile, she pulled out basically all of the bag of platinum coins, since it was faster to take away the money she kept.
    "Thinking about it, we should also worry about getting some actual income Leff. Unless we wanna find another dragon, it'll take some time for us to get into our real business. Maybe I could find some bounties on my free time, last time there was one and it payed well"

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

"I try not to travel with too much. I'll throw in one more of each and we can round it off to an even five thousand and you can pay me with one of your gems." Polly answered. "I won't teach fighting. But if people are eager to learn I'd be happy to show them the ways of the Dread Bonebrewer!" She smiled at Talia as she said that. Talia giggled.
    "Aren't you the Dread Bonechewer?"
    "Yes, but the Dread Bonebrewer is my potion-making handle. I'm thinking my section can be called the Crone Zone, where I teach people how to make Hag Swag."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

"Perfect then!" Eris nodded and handed over the gemstone "Glad to do business with you" she started carefully packing the potions.
    "Some of these will go to Mávro- next time we get a dragon or other strong elemental thingies she'll be ready" she said "Oh, and I second those names- welcome aboard. Well, when we'll be done"

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

"I mean, we're renting a four-bed room," Leff shrugged. "Leaving one... two empty, actually. Depending on how much you... think that's a good idea," she finished.
    "Ooooh I would be flattered!" Polly said, sticking the gem in her much lighter pack.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

"I get the feeling we have been their best customers as of late, with all the food Aklah consumes" Eris chuckled, sitting down on the ground "Yeah, we got more then enough space. So, I was curious, Talia" the tiefling pointed at her eyes "Mind if I ask? Not the first time I see unusually silver eyes, but those weren't glowing"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-11-04 at 08:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm? Oh, no. I was blessed by a Solar at birth. A Solar who also serves as my patron," Talia explained. "I am an Aasimar."
    "Yeah, she's an angel. Person. An angel person."

And after refreshing his spell Sirthis and Mab were back on the road. Partway through, an aurora over their heads emerged, coloring the skies above them in gorgeous green-blue against the night sky.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

"Oooooh should have known. They are like... Uh... Another aasimar's. Only her were golden" Eris drew a blank on what was the aasimar at the arcipelago called. Wrong person to ask.
    "How did you two meet?"

Does Talia really not realize?

"Look" Sirthis took Mab's chin and lightly turned her towards the sky, holding her in his arms "It's truly beautiful"