Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Adventures in Haradrim

Saskih
    Yuan-ti Pureblood Archaeologist & Wizard
    AC: 12/15 HP: 79/79
    PP: 11 PIv: 19 PIs: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

After her spell completes Saskih blinks her serpentine eyes a few times in confusion and tilts her head, clearly perplexed, and says to the deputy, "....alright? That's very...." then she just shrugs, blinks again, and looking to the others says, "Well it's certainly nothing inherently dangerous. Not in the slightest. I can't see any reason to refuse the job based on what we know currently."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

GM PMed me the results. I'll uses Rary's Telepathic bond to share with the other PCs later since apparently the deputy is very concerned with the danger of explaining this aloud.
    In fact I might even do so in this scene if it's going to take their wizard a significant amount of time to re-ward the box.

Last edited by Ramsus; 2020-11-07 at 11:03 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Yue
    Divine Soul Sorceress
    HP: 57/57, AC: 14

"Not inherently dangerous? Can you be more specific?"
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Cydril also voiced in his copper coin's worth of additional information. "I sense nothing Celestial, Fiendish or Necromantic about it either. To me, it just looks like a funny rock."
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

The deputy stands back at a respectful distance, allowing you to discuss it.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Eventually the wizard shows up. He takes the stone and the box and leaves. "I'll have this set up again in an hour or so." He then looks the deputy in the eyes and says "I have had to clear my very busy schedule for this. I hope that Shar'ay believes it was necessary -- for your sake. He then steps out of the room, robe trailing behind him.

A little shaken, the deputy turns to you. "Well, you've seen it now. Will you accept the job? Feel free to think about it for a while -- you're stuck here for an hour if you do take it, anyway."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Saskih

Saskih doesn't immediately reply to Yue's question. Instead she holds up a hand, signaling for her to wait, as she begins ritual casting another spell. When it completes she telepathically describes stone's function to everyone in the group.

Spoiler: Identify Results
    Show

This stone, when activated, will randomly turn white or black for one second. It is paired to another stone, which has the same properties. When both are activated at the same time, one will turn white and one will turn black, but which one does which is random. The effect works regardless of distance.

After that she telepathically adds, ["As I said, not inherently dangerous. I imagine this is some means of communicating some kind of message, though why do it this way I don't know. Any danger lies in the message they wish to send, which is impossible for us to know. Though we could perhaps press this Nylyar for information before we give it to them. As in that situation, unlike this one, we'd have leverage to do so."]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Yue
    Divine Soul Sorceress

"[I see no problem in transporting this item.]"
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Cydril likewise calmed a lot upon hearing it was more or less a yes/no function magical item.
    "[I have no issues either. It pays well so I expect it's more about the protection and delivery than the actual worth of the item... unless it has some very nasty hidden functions that are beyond us to discern... but thinking that way would just make us paranoid.]" Cydril Telepathically replied to Saskih.

To the Deputy, Cydril gave a nod and said "I see no reason for me to not accept the job. 500gp now and 1500gp upon delivery, that was the deal, yes? I take it we will need some transportation... or at least my imminent-to-be companions most likely will."
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Gaelin was unused to hearing voices in his head when he wasn't smashed. It was rather disconcerting.

[Woah, that's a new one. Can you hear everything that I'm thinking? Pervert. Anyway, it sounds more like some kind of dumb wizard experiment than the world's least efficient sending stones. Not that I care, as long as it isn't going to explode or turn us all into camels.]

Gaelin leaned against the wall and yawned. He felt a bit hungover and would greatly appreciate being able to go back to trance, but there was adventure to be had and money to be made, so he resisted the urge to take a nap in front of a client. Instead, he opted to talk out loud again.

"Well, we're going to be working together for awhile, so let's take this time to get to know each other with one of those games nobody really likes unless they're drunk. Two Truths and a Lie? I'll go first. Hmm..."

Gaelin didn't really care that much about knowing who he was working with, he just hated waiting around for something to happen more than anything.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Saskih

Saskih rolls her eyes and mentally replies, ["No, the spell just allows us to speak this way to each other for an hour across any distance other than into other planes of existence."]

"Interesting. Yes, let us play this game. What are the rules?" Saskih asks, clearly quite interested.

Spoiler
    Show

I think it'll be a lot of fun to actually do this game, but I imagine it will take a lot of time if everyone is guessing what's the lie each round. So I think it's something we should be doing as a secondary part of other posts or if someone has another suggestion?

Mine works like so:

[Whatever is happening as game progresses]

[Two Truth and Lie game stuff]

Last edited by Ramsus; 2020-11-09 at 01:17 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Cydril chuckled at the idea of playing a drinking game... without first getting drunk.
    "That sounds hilarious... although perhaps we should wait until we actually get onwards with this journey. I doubt we get to use the Norgir Gate to travel much of the way..." Cydril said, knowing very well how boring it can be to just trod along through the desert, even if on a mount.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Not long after, the wizard arrives, carrying the box. The deputy withdraws a leather pouch. "Alright, 500 gp each to take the job. This is your last chance to pull out."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Yue
    Divine Soul Sorceress

"I fail to see the entertainment value of lying to each other."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Gaelin addressed the oddly pale tiefling girl."Well my dear stick-in-the-mud, Two Truths and a Lie is not primarily about lying. If anything, it's about telling the truth. The goal is to present two facts about yourself so outlandish that they sound like falsehoods, thereby establishing that you are an interesting person. With people you know, it's a test of just how well you know them. With strangers, well, it's still fun to test your intuition."

Gaelin looked at the deputy.

"There's no way I'm going to miss this disaster in the making. Count me in."
    Last edited by UselessBlob; 2020-11-10 at 07:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Time skip, because we don't have all century.

Box and gold received, you stand in downtown Norgir. What's your first move?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Yue
    Divine Soul Sorceress
    Yue retrieves her camel and fills her waterskins in preparation for the journey.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Since Cydril wasn't an arcane spellcaster, he casts his Find Steed Spell without worry and summon'd forth a Feywilds Native Warhorse. A steed he's been making use of since he had first been given the power to summon one forth.
    "(Sylvan) Good to see you again Tahir, my dear friend." Cydril said to the beautiful and sturdy-looking mount. It had an intelligence to it's gaze that were at odds with what most would think when talking about a mere horse. For it was NOT a mere horse. It was a creature of the Fey lands themselves and it was also quite intelligent for an animal. Cydril even felt that it was a genius among it's more mundane kin here in the Material Plane, about the intelligence of a very dumb human.... although that'd be an offense in comparison for it was not a dumb beast after all.

He'd already purchased the bit & bridle, saddlebags and saddle for use for it, since last time he had his mount summoned, it had unfortunately stumbled over a cliff edge after having tossed him free from itself. It had not died because it was not a creature native to the Material Plane, instead it had been sent back to the Feywilds where it had come from. But he had now needed to repurchase the usual saddlewear and such - of which he had done just prior to re-summoning the mount.

He turned to the rest of his companion with a questioning look. "Perhaps we ought to get a wagon or some such, perhaps a couple of draft horses to pull it? We aren't exactly lightweight and it'll allow us to bring whole barrels of drinkable water with us. I know from experience that getting stranded out there (points into the desert outside the main gates), is more or less a death sentence. We can put in tents and sleepgear inside such a thing as well."
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2020-11-11 at 09:13 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Saskih

"A sound plan, though before we leave the city I'd like to go shopping for some spell components I may need." Saskih replies.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Cydril looked to Saskih. "Want some company or would you prefer to go alone?" He asked with a light smirk.
    "Tahir here makes quite the comfortable ride as well if you're gonna go far~" He added in as a potential valueable boon for letting him accompany her.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Gaelin, who was standing behind Saskih and Cydril, groaned. "Come on, man. I'd say get a room but we don't have time for that. She can handle getting her feathers and bat guano herself. I know a guy about getting a wagon, but you probably know horses better than me, so you're coming to make sure we don't get ripped off."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by UselessBlob View Post
    Gaelin, who was standing behind Saskih and Cydril, groaned. "Come on, man. I'd say get a room but we don't have time for that. She can handle getting her feathers and bat guano herself. I know a guy about getting a wagon, but you probably know horses better than me, so you're coming to make sure we don't get ripped off."
    Cydril just rolled his eyes in response. "Whaaaat? she's pretty, she ain't some evil demoness, and I WASN'T flirting. It's called being chivalrous." Cydril's words were all mirth and jokey attitude. He wasn't angry or shy about it.
    "It might also be offensive to Saskih to be told something like that, you know." He added in with a light grumble.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Saskih

Saskih for her part just laughs lightly at this exchange and asks, "So where shall we meet up?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

"Hmm. By the city gates, I guess. Whichever ones are closer to our destination. I don't know, I'm bad at geography."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by UselessBlob View Post
    "Hmm. By the city gates, I guess. Whichever ones are closer to our destination. I don't know, I'm bad at geography."
    Cydril rolled his eyes at the elf. "Yes yes, I'll go with you... fess up the money everyone, we are all gonna pay our share for the wagon, or cart or whatever we end up getting along with a pair of draft horses." He said and made a 'gimme' motion, hand open for the coin barrage. He'd happily keep a hold of them and hoped people'd trust him with the money. Not like he was a thief or some roguish scoundrel after all.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Yue
    Divine Soul Sorceress
    Yue looks in the market for spices for cooking and medicinal herbs to sell at Sulkarat.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Yue, please roll Wisdom (Medicine).

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Yue
    Divine Soul Sorceress

Show
    Medicine: (1d20+4)[22]
    Guidance if possible: (1d4)[1]
    Persuasion for haggling if possible: (1d20+9)[18]
    To clarify I intend to sell the spices as well.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-11-16 at 10:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

All told, you have the option to purchase a large bag of spices for 50 gp. You are reasonably confident you can sell it in Sulkarat at a markup of at least twenty percent.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Yue
    Divine Soul Sorceress
    Moving through the market Yue examines a variety of herbs and spices and purchases a bunch that she feels she could sell at a profit.

Show
    Will get the full 50 gp of spices.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Saskih

Saskih heads off to do her own shopping, with however decides to come with her.

Spoiler: Shopping List
    Show

-250gp of components for Teleportation Circle (rare chalks and inks infused with precious gems worth 50 gp)

-100gp of components for Find Familiar (10 gp worth of charcoal, incense, and herbs that must be consumed by fire in a brass brazier) (I guess she (and basically every wizard?) must already have the brazier since it itself doesn't have a listed cost. *shrug*)

-7 sp of oil (seven flask)

-2gp for a crate (I assume that's the same price as a barrel.)

-???gp for easily burnable materials? (I'm looking for whatever would be cheapest that would qualify as a 10 foot cube of fire for 1 minute for the purposes of casting Conjure Elemental to get a fire elemental. I assume similarly that the water barrels we're already purchasing as a group would work for a water elemental.)