New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: City of Llywyllynn

Quote Originally Posted by gryffydd65 View Post
    Okay sorry.
    It happens. (Sorry I didn't post in the same thread. I didn't realize they were both called for until after I'd posted the Perception one, and the site's anti-cheating methods mean you can't edit a roll into a post.)

So, do these results mean I can still see the old woman, but miss something it'd be nice to see?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whiteflash View Post
    It happens. (Sorry I didn't post in the same thread. I didn't realize they were both called for until after I'd posted the Perception one, and the site's anti-cheating methods mean you can't edit a roll into a post.)

So, do these results mean I can still see the old woman, but miss something it'd be nice to see?
    You believe the old woman is really an old woman she is not disguised.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Fergus McRory
    AC: 19 | HP: 52 | Hit Dice: 1d8; 7d6| INSPIRATION: 0
    Passive Perception: 18| Passive Insight: 15 | Passive Investigation: 17
    Spell Slots: 1st: 4/4 | 2nd: 3/3 | 3rd: 2/3 | 4th: 2/2
    Active Effects: Unseen Servant, Tiny Servant
    Conditions: None.

"Excuse me Sir Vinet. It was good to see you again, but I might be needed over there", Fergus says, pointing toward the sound of commotion.

He extricates himself from the young noble and makes his way towards the sound.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gryffydd65 View Post
    You believe the old woman is really an old woman she is not disguised.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    And yet you already told me that Davey realizes she's moving faster than an old lady should...

Although that's actually not impossible: there's a monk feature that lets you ignore the effects of old age right up until the end. But she shows no sign of being a monk.

Would an old woman protected by that class feature look her true age? Or would she seemingly freeze in time when she hit level 15, or even de-age herself like Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho?

Davey follows the old woman with his eyes, to see where she slips off to in the confusion. The kid's right: there's something weird going on.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-01-16 at 09:01 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Evandur, while sitting in a pew, waiting for the pastor of the church to come back, perked up. If he was right, and he was pretty sure he was, there was a huge commotion going on outside. "What in the Gods' names is going on, outside?" He got up from the pew, walking out of the cathedral, to see what was happening.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone near the old woman hears a faint word and then sees silvery mist. The old woman is gone.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    anyone who cares can roll a perception roll 15.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[8]+3 Perception

Taking another big gulp from his cup, Vindariel missed the vanishing act of the old woman and looked around in bemused confusion. He then clapped ackwardly, trying not to spill the remains of his drink: "Bravo, bravo."
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2021-01-18 at 04:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+7)[27]

Davey keeps his eyes pointed directly at the old woman... what does he see?
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-01-19 at 12:14 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    okay we are going to move to combat. As of right now the sidewalk area is filled with people.
    Most of those people are headed towards the stands. I will send messages to those people who roll a 15 perception as to what they see next. Then it will be up to you to respond back here.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2021-01-30 at 10:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Daelus Cantor
    Human Bard
    AC: 14 HP: 51/51
    PP: 16 PIv: 14 PIs: 13
    Conditions: -
    Concentration: -

Daelus had been playing for coin at the festival, biding his time before finding out if his old troupe had ever arrived. The commotion draws his eye and he stands, bandore still in hand, watching to see what would happen next. He never quite stops playing either Well that seems... off.
    Last edited by Luccan; 2021-01-30 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Evandur must've been seeing things, but he could've swore that he saw a woman disappear in a cloud of smoke. He decided to look closer, even though he could see that something was happening in the crowd.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+2)[6]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey, little ruffian!"

Davey points at the retreating boys. "She teleported over there and disguised herself. She's one of those two identical boys. That one, specifically. She's clearly got some sort of underhanded plan going on, or she wouldn't be going to all this trouble."

"What we should do is tell the guards, but I'd rather sit here and enjoy the festival, and you're probably going to want to handle it yourself, aren't you?"
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-01-31 at 04:25 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: spoiler Garu only
    Show
    Garu manages to follow the quick directions given to her and sees the old woman change into a young man suddenly there are two men who look the same and then one walks in front of the other and you don't see him perception roll 15 agin.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Daelus Cantor
    Human Bard

Daelus grins and points to the guardsman Oi, I think that's your disappearing shape changer! he shouts to the young girl and the man she's with.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Post removed as I had thought Ramsus roll was for perception and instead it was for initiative.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2021-02-01 at 01:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

The word "Shapechanger" reached Vindariel's ears and made him look up. He couldn't stand the buggers - and since this here seemed to shape up into a brawl, he felt he was righteously empowered to join in.
    "Now, what's that then?" He called out, only slightly slurred. "Seems like there are spies in the city - could be anyone - better punch your neighbor in the face to see if he is real or some shapechanging little ****."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophilios View Post
    The word "Shapechanger" reached Vindariel's ears and made him look up. He couldn't stand the buggers - and since this here seemed to shape up into a brawl, he felt he was righteously empowered to join in.
    "Now, what's that then?" He called out, only slightly slurred. "Seems like there are spies in the city - could be anyone - better punch your neighbor in the face to see if he is real or some shapechanging little ****."
    Spoiler: persuasion
    Show
    ok roll persuasion roll you want to roll low or some people might believe you especially if they saw the shape shifter .

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

The city guard pulls something from around his neck. A bright streak flashes from his pointing finger to the dais where the council members are sitting and then blossoms with a low roar into an explosion of flame. Each creature in a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 34 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The fire spreads around corners. It ignites flammable objects in the area that aren’t being worn or carried.

The city guard was 30 feet away from where it first disappeared. The city guard turns around away from the dais and starts to walk away.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Not even Vindariel was able to miss such an obvious attack. Propelled by liquid courage and the mercenary instinct for loot and glory, he charged at the traitorous guard before they could vanish once more.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm going for a grapple with my first attack, followed by a shove
    Grapple Athletics (1d20)[20]+7

Shove Athletics (1d20)[9]+7

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Daelus Cantor
    Human Bard

Daelus shields his eyes from the blast of fire and turns to the dais. He glares over at the shapeshifter. This was a festival, it didn't seem right to just start killing folks. He notices some of the people are still moving and breathes before shouting at the arsonist You didn't even do it right! You must be the failure of your whole damn bloodline! and then to the fallen council member still moving he yells And you! Get back up, it's not the kind of day to die!

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Casting Vicious Mockery on the fireball tossing shapechanger. Wis save vs DC 15. On a fail take (2d4)[6] and get disadvantage on the next attack roll it makes

Casting Healing Word on the moving council member not already healed for (1d4+4)[8]

All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Gura Ganu-Gatho
    Shifter Druid
    AC: 18 HP: 67/67
    PP: 18 PIv: 10 PIs: 18
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

Gura growls in frustration as the "old woman" manages to evade her and manages to do exactly the kind of thing she was trying to get the attention of the guards to prevent them from doing. Only for the guards to somehow be completely inept and fail to do a single thing to protect the council members or prevent the culprit's attempted escaped. Thankfully someone else jumps in, unlike the somehow completely oblivious throng of people around them who managed to fail to grasp someone she was basically shouting for everyone to notice as a threat.... that they were/still are a threat.

She was mad an almost wound up focusing on the culprit, but then she noticed someone else doing the smart thing and going to heal their victims. So with a chomp of her jaws she delivered a bite of frost to the culprit but then ran over to heal a council member herself, not that healing was really her focus as a druid.

Spoiler
    Show

Frostbite DC 16 Con save for (2d6)[6] cold damage and they have disadvantage on their next weapon attack roll.

Moving.

Healing Word: (1d4+5)[6]

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

"Are you kidding me?!"

Davey runs a bit closer to the action, so that he can chase the assassin down if she(?) tries to flee. "Why couldn't you just use the festival to cover a heist like a normal villain?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

2nd round As the fire was never put out( see ooc) a second explosion rockets the dais . Gura and Daelus make dex save 12 for half, full damage is 24.

The shape shifter once again causes silvery mist to form and has escaped from the grapple. Perception roll 15 to see it before it changes.

Show
    ok first thing the fire was never put out and fireball states items on a person or carried do not catch on fire but the chairs and the wooden dais does and something causes an explosion from underneath the dais. The shape shifter is at disadvantage for attacking by vicious mockery and gura frost spell missed both saves and took damage.
    But Misty step only requires verbal components so the mage could just speak some words and teleport out of the grapple.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2021-02-02 at 03:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

"Slippery little ****" Vindariel wasn't detered by the renewed escape. He might not have been the most astute observer at the moment, but he had plenty of instinct and raw cunning to help him out.
    The assassin might be able to hop around a bit, but there was nothing wrong with his feet and so he ran after the fallen figure that had just appeared across the street.
    "You aren't getting away that easy, you pink poodle."
    Drawing his trusty riding bow, he nocked the first arrow and shot.
    "Leaving a trail of blood will do well to find you again, you ***** ****** of a ******.

Spoiler
    Show

Depending on how far the other got, (30ft teleport, 15ft movement after getting up) I'm using my bow to follow up

Attack 1: (1d20)[14]+8, damage (1d8)[8]+5, if crit (1d8)[5]
    Attack 2: (1d20)[19]+8, damage (1d8)[6]+5, if crit (1d8)[6]

Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2021-02-03 at 07:06 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    the city guard managed to pop up on the other side of the street and moved to a standing position. He moved 15 feet away and then he is hit with two arrows in his back. He yells loudly Get reinforcements. We are under attack. perception is 12 to find him and those close to the guard indeed believe him. And start yelling as well but no physical involvement.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

"Crap, those were my employers you just killed, weren't they?"

Davey runs towards the drunken captain who'd seemingly caught the asssassin. "You. Party enthusiast. Which way?"

(1d20+7)[10] to see if I can answer my own question before he does.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

"Do you think I shoot random people for fun... right now?"
    Vindariel replied to the man, slurring his words only a little, while pointing at his target.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

"Right now? Okay, I'm buying you your poison of choice when this is over."

Davey looks over at the guards. "Oh, ****."

"They're in disguise! That's an assassin! Check for an illusion!"

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Evandur did not expect pure pandemonium to ensue, yet here he was, a fireball flying through the air, and hollers of illusionists. Evandur quickly drew his sword, and took the heater shield strapped to his back off, and equipped it. Pelor guide me...

Spoiler: Initiative roll
    Show

(1d20+2)[9]
    Last edited by LoneStarCowboy; 2021-02-03 at 10:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Daelus Cantor
    Human Bard

Daelus let's out a shout of pain as his skin blisters and burns in the second explosionAugh! He looks over to the young girl he'd seen run up to the dias as well, surprised she was still alive after the second attack Get back! I can handle the wounded. He reaches into his pack and withdraws a healer's kit, addressing one of the fallen councilors. To the other he had seen twitching moments before he simply shouts Get up and run, you fool!

Show

Stabilizing one with a healer's kit charge, casting Healing word again on the other

(1d4+4)[8]

All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show