New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: City of Llywyllynn

Evandur looked around, confused by the pandemonium. He had hesitated too much, and it cost the lives of a few people, people who wouldn't see their families again in this world. This won't happen again, Evandur resolved to himself, as he sheathed his sword.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

You, knightcame the call from the council general. I need your service, can you help Gura and these others. I can see by the road dust that you have just arrived. Well that is not true, the acolytes have informed me you are new to the city and a man of your upbringing may get information that these others can't. What say you sir?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whiteflash View Post
    "Works for me."
    He turns to Vindariel. "Speaking of money, I promised you a drink, didn't I? Maybe we should wait until the fun's over, though."
    "Eh, no rule against having a drink while you have fun - in my experience it adds to the fun. Oh and by the way, I happened to find something on the shifter. Maybe one of you learned folks can make sense of it."

He pulled out the scrap of parchment and showed it to his co-deputies: A half torn piece of scroll with the word Metra...(this part is missing)
    "Not sure if it means anything, but you never know with those magic types."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Daelus looks at the scroll piece. Daelus remembers walking past a shady looking inn near the docks with the name Metrapolathan's House of Cards.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Daelus Cantor
    Human Bard
    AC: 14 HP: 51/51
    PP: 16 PIv: 14 PIs: 13
    Conditions: -
    Concentration: -

Daelus gives the scrap a look and idly strums the bandore Hmm... Metrapolathan's House of Cards, maybe. It's by the docks. Looked shady enough for an explosive assassin. Look, if we're working on this, I need to pick up some gear from my inn room. Shall we meet around the House of Cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gryffydd65 View Post
    You, knightcame the call from the council general. I need your service, can you help Gura and these others. I can see by the road dust that you have just arrived. Well that is not true, the acolytes have informed me you are new to the city and a man of your upbringing may get information that these others can't. What say you sir?
    "Me? I'd be happy to help. What do they need help with? Evandur straightened himself up a bit as he addressed the new fellow. He did kinda appear out of the blue, but in this strange city, he was happy for any work he got.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

"Huh, never heard of that place. Still, never a bad time for a little card action.
    Oh, while we go there, does any of you happen to be wise in the ways of magic analysis?"

Vindariel asked suspiciously innocently.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

The crowd of festival participants dwindled as the group made their way closer to the docks. Chatter was wild on the streets with people talking about the assassination of two council members particularly the council general.

Women call out from windows advertising their services and men stand out side different taverns. But closer to the actual harbor stood a building in black teak wood with the name above the door proclaiming House of Cards. Two half orcs in plate and with great swords stand to either side.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Being no stranger to taverns of any kind, Vindariel strode confidently towards the two bouncers, ready to move past them into this den of inequity and ill repute.

Spoiler
    Show

If necessary:
    Charisma (Persuation) check to get inside:

(1d20)[15]+6

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Vindariel moved through the doors.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Davey follows him in and looks around. "So... are there rooms for rent here?" he asks Vindariel.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Gura Ganu-Gatho
    Shifter Druid
    AC: 18 HP: 55/67
    PP: 18 PIv: 10 PIs: 18
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

Gura also just follows Vindariel through the doors, paying no mind to the bouncers or whatever they were.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

You child, where are you going? Oi is this your girl? the taller half orc says as Gura tries to walk in. The half orc looks at Daelus.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Aye, as it happens. Something the matter, lads? Daelus gives a dull smile and shrugs

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Deception, to convince them Gura's his daughter so they hopefully don't cause a fuss if an adult is watching her

(1d20+7)[12]
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Vindariel shrugged at the question of the sailor: "Never been here before in my life - but for enough coin, I bet the proprietor here would give you his own room, his wife and daughter included."
    Looking back at the hold-up he called: "Oy, Priest are you and your mistress coming or what?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

We don't take girls as payment on bets. You understand? the shorter half orc says looking at the " priest".

The inside was clean and bright. Light spells above tables one dealer and four chairs. About ten tables were available some with players and some empty. A bar to the side was manned by a halfling with a peg leg who stood on a ramp to reach the bar top. Other half orcs could be seen manning different areas of the floor.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Davey looks around to see if he sees anything that looks like it could lead to a series of hotel rooms, or anything.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-02-17 at 11:35 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

There are two doors next to each other which have two half orcs on either side.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Davey heads over to the bar. "Afternoon," he says to the bartender, as he looks around for a drink menu, or any sort of sign behind the bar.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Vindariel siddled to the half orcs guarding the second door and casually showed one of them the necklace thing - on the off chance that it happened to be the secret recognition symbol to be let into the guarded room where the conspiracy met.
    At the moment that seemed to him as good as anything to start his investigations. With a quizical look he waited for the halforc's reaction.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

We don't take girls as payment on bets. You understand? the shorter half orc says looking at the " priest".

The inside was clean and bright. Light spells above tables one dealer and four chairs. About ten tables were available some with players and some empty. A bar to the side was manned by a halfling with a peg leg who stood on a ramp to reach the bar top. Other half orcs could be seen manning different areas of the floor.
    Wouldn't dream of it. She's just keeping me from betting the house He wanders up to the bar beside Davey and waves over the bartenderIf he calls me a priest again I'm going to be insulted. he mutters to the other man. He addresses the barkeep Good day. What's quenching here?
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whiteflash View Post
    Davey heads over to the bar. "Afternoon," he says to the bartender, as he looks around for a drink menu, or any sort of sign behind the bar.
    The halfling looks up It is. he says matter of fact.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophilios View Post
    Vindariel siddled to the half orcs guarding the second door and casually showed one of them the necklace thing - on the off chance that it happened to be the secret recognition symbol to be let into the guarded room where the conspiracy met.
    At the moment that seemed to him as good as anything to start his investigations. With a quizical look he waited for the halforc's reaction.
    I don't buy trinkets see the halfling he might give you a couple of gold for it.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
    Wouldn't dream of it. She's just keeping me from betting the house He wanders up to the bar beside Davey and waves over the bartenderIf he calls me a priest again I'm going to be insulted. he mutters to the other man. He addresses the barkeep Good day. What's quenching here?
    Cold ale, elven wine, distilled spirits from a gladiator's last battle. the halfling says with a wink in his eye.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quick recap for the cowboy.Oh you just got asked to join the others with Gura being in charge as she is well known in the city. You are now in the house of cards trying to find out the connection of shape shifter and the items he had on him.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quick recap for the cowboy.Oh you just got asked to join the others with Gura being in charge as she is well known in the city. You are now in the house of cards trying to find out the connection of shape shifter and the items he had on him.
    Evandur pored over the items he had on him. Criminal investigation wasn't exactly his strong suit, so he had troubles trying to piece together the story. Evandur looked up, and looked around the room for people that might help him.

OOC: Is there anyone who might be able to help Evandur in this instant?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC @Lonestar: I'm willing to try, but I'm not sure how helpful I am right this second either.

"The cold ale sounds good."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Vindariel nodded at the half orc and went towards the bar, showing the halfling the trinket:

"Hey, one ale and a moment of your time if you please. Ever seen the likes of this? I want to find the bloke who lost this and all I know is that he and his buddies might hang out here from time to time."

He said while paying for the beer with a hefty tipp added for good measure.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophilios View Post
    Vindariel nodded at the half orc and went towards the bar, showing the halfling the trinket:

"Hey, one ale and a moment of your time if you please. Ever seen the likes of this? I want to find the bloke who lost this and all I know is that he and his buddies might hang out here from time to time."

He said while paying for the beer with a hefty tipp added for good measure.
    5 silver please. I don't know anyone that had that object. Do you have a name or do you know what this guy looks like.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

"Five silver? Just wanted to find some guy and a beer, not buy the entire bar..." Vindariel mumbled under his breath
    Louder and while handing over the money he said: "Kinda tricky with these guys - they like to switch up their looks. Magic types, you know? Any rooms you rent out to people who want some privacy for business deals?"