New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: Grand Spheres Arena IC

As Jennifer finishes her exhalation, she sees a soft glow and hears a chime signifying that someone has been removed from the arena for incapacitation. A moment later, the old man calls out from inside the sandstorm "You're doing us more harm than good, Nessa - the lad just caught a face full of acid. I'm in position already, bring it down." Silvermoon sees the man that she has attacked move cautiously around her, still bleeding from the previous wound, before he drops and attempts to sweep her legs from beneath her, the bracers he wears lighting up briefly as he does so.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(1d20+18)[23] vs Silvermoon's 22 CMD to trip

On a success, he makes two attacks
    Spoiler: On success
    Show
    Spoiler: Greater Trip
    Show

(1d20+14)[15] to hit
    (1d6+7)[11] for damage

(1d20+14)[20] crit confirmation
    (1d6+7)[9] for crit damage

Spoiler: Vicious Stomp
    Show

(1d20+14)[21] to hit
    (1d6+7)[8] for damage

(1d20+14)[18] crit confirmation
    (1d6+7)[11] for crit damage

Silvermoon falls to the ground, and the man attempts to kick and stomp at her when she does, but it unable to connect as Silvermoon uses her dance training to control herself in the fall. He then returns to his full height and visibly pulls his fists in, his eyes flicking back and forth as he scans for threats. Silvermoon observes that he has an almost manic heat to his gaze.

At the same time, the giant dragon lands in front of Ajax, the brief serenity vanishing as the creature leers contemptuously at Ajax before biting at him viciously and seeking to tear into his flesh.
    Spoiler: roll
    Show

(1d20+16)[34] to hit
    (1d20+16)[35] crit confirmation

(4d6+9)[23] for damage
    (2d6+9)[16] crit damage

The sandstorm subsides as she lands, and it becomes clear that the lanky fire-breather in the back was overwhelmed by Jennifer's breath attack, while the others in the way were hurt, though not as badly. The old man has advanced to be closer to the two allies still standing, and he holds his shield at the ready, his eyes set gazing into the middle distance.
    Last edited by Hellpyre; 2021-01-11 at 01:12 PM.
    All advice given with the caveat that you know your group better than I do. If that wasn't true, you'd be getting advice face-to-face. So I generalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    are you asking us to do research into a setting you wrote yourself?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Silvermoon stands up from the blow, hoping to avoid a reprisal from the brute. She focuses to maintain her cadence. As she does so, she jabs in quickly with her two fans, hoping to poke a bit more at her bulky assailant.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Stands up from prone as a move action, expends martial focus as a free action to add a link to her sequence.

Double attack with fans (-1 from Unfriendly Crowd, +1 from Sequence):

Attack #1 (1d20+9)[18]
    Crit? (x3) (1d20+9)[24]
    Damage (1d4+6)[8] piercing damage and 3 negative energy damage
    If crit add (2d4+12)[18] piercing damage

Attack #2 (1d20+9)[20]
    Crit? (x3) (1d20+9)[23]
    Damage (1d4+5)[9] piercing damage and 3 negative energy damage
    If crit add (2d4+10)[13] piercing damage

Gain temporary HP equal to the amount of negative energy damage

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

As the sand settles Oda looks miffed, the layer of ice is reforming but it no longer it's a clean and sparkling white, it now is mud. Damn dragon man doing stupid stuff. He looks around and sees the caster that had thrown a ball at them down on the ground, and for a moment he feels some relieve. Another of those energy balls would be a pain in the ass to deal with. He looks at his allies, and sees Jennifer who looks to have been beaten up pretty bad. He looks as the dragon, that stupid dragon, jumps to strike at Ajax. And as he does a wall of golden Akasha spuns around Ajax in the shapes of dragon-y scales blunting some of the blow.

Then Oda moves.

Well first he takes a shot. He lines the big scary dragon on his sight. And fires at him. He is no longer saving his power for a rainy day and then there is a lot more oomph in it than there was before. It again tries to encase the dragon in Ice, pinning it in place, since it was nice enough to land.

Then he moves, to take cover, not wanting really scary dragons to retaliate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Before Oda's turn using Bolster to give Ajax 5 DR. It should blunt the blow a little.

During his turn shoot at the big scary lizard man, spending a spell point to increase the damage of the blast.

(1d20+13)[16] (rerolling in case of 1 or 20; (1d20)[14] (crap, that's a 12, I didn't account that I am shooting at melee, it's fortunately a touch attack against a huge opponent)
    damage: (1d12)[12]+(2d6)[7](human bane, don't know if that applies)+(5d4)[14]+(1d6)[5](this is cold damage if it matters) + 10 = 48 damage, burning a mental focus point, to have it bypass DR
    Last edited by thethird; 2021-01-12 at 08:12 AM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 2 - Haerdi the Knife Thrower

The nimble Haerdi is able to dance out of the way of the worst of that blast, but still is quite singed by those flames. Instead of running away, the clown steps forward toward his enemies and speaks a shout of warning to his enemies. Mixed in with his bellow are the clear words of a spell calling down doom upon his enemies. The quick moving gladiator says a quiet prayer to his god and then hurls his dagger at the huge dragon. He puts an uncanny spin on the blade and it bounces between targets before ending up back in his hand.

Spoiler: OOC - Hellpyre ONLY
    Show

I am accustomed to documenting every roll, modifier, action, resource, etc in my posts. Both for my own sanity to remain organized and for the benefit of the GM keeping me honest. I am aware that this game may involve PVP so I'd rather not give away all my secrets to my potential enemies. So, please don't read. Thanks!

Spoiler: Don't open, puh-leese. Hellpyre only.
    Show

HP: 32 (42 base, -10 fireR1) 10 nonlethal damage
    AC: 23 (10 base, +5 armor, +4 DEX, +1 natural armor, +1 size, +2 shield)
    Touch AC: 20 (10 base, +5 armor, +4 DEX, +1 size)

=== Actions ===

Free: Prowess (since I succeeded on a save): Roll twice and take best for next attack roll
    Swift: Use fervor to cast Divine Favor
    Free: Spend 1 spell point to Vital Magic to replenish 1 fervor
    Free: 5 ft step
    Move: Use/cast Totem Of Doom to make Avatar & Bruiser shaken (no save). If they are already shaken, they are instead frightened. I spend 1 spell point to make it last 3 minutes.
    Standard: Attack Avatar (can roll twice, take the best)
    Attack roll #1 vs. Avatar: (1d20+15)[19] (4 BAB, +6 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, -1 unfriendly crowd)
    Attack roll #2 vs. Avatar: (1d20+15)[34] (4 BAB, +6 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, -1 unfriendly crowd)
    ----Damage (dagger): (1d8+16)[22] (1d8 base, +6 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)

If that hits, then my dagger flies to attack the Defender:
    Attack roll vs. Defender: (1d20+15)[23] (4 BAB, +6 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, -1 unfriendly crowd)
    ----Damage (dagger): (1d8+16)[19] (1d8 base, +6 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)

If that hits, then my dagger flies to attack the Bruiser (no cover, since it comes the Defender's square):
    Attack roll vs. Defender: (1d20+15)[16] (4 BAB, +6 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, -1 unfriendly crowd)
    ----Damage (dagger): (1d8+16)[17] (1d8 base, +6 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)

I don't have any swift actions left, but if I have an opportunity to make a free combat performance check, here you go: (1d20+8)[17] (6 CHA, +1 BAB, +2 perform, -1 unfriendly crowd)

Spoiler: Ongoing Effects & Daily Use Things
    Show

=== Ongoing Effects ===
    Startoss Style
    Eagle of Splendor (+2 Charisma): 59 rounds remaining
    Reduce Person (+2 DEX, -2 STR, +1 attack, +1 AC): 9 rounds remaining
    Divine Favor (+2 luck attack/damage): 10 rounds remaining

=== Daily Use Things ===

Fervor: 5/5 remaining
    Spell Points: 7/10 remaining
    Blessings: 6/6 remaining
    Corset of Delicate Moves: 0/1 remaining
    Pirate's Eye Patch: 1/1 remaining

=== Prepared Spells ===

---- 1st level ----
    Entropic Shield
    Remove Sickness
    Remove Fear
    [strike]Divine Favor[/strike]
    Shield of Faith

---- 2nd level ----
    Weapon of Awe
    [strike]Eagle's Splendor[/strike]
    Cleromancy
    Surmount Affliction

Want to test your mettle in the Irorium Arena? Always accepting new gladiators!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Ajax growls furiously at his gigantic opponent. As he is bitten, he tenses his muscles and blocks with both of his arms, aiming to reduce the lethality of the damage. With the timely aid of an ally, he's able to avoid serious injury.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ajax took 23 points of damage (seemingly wasn't a crit, by the strikeout line, I'm assuming). 18 points of that hit goes into his delayed damage pool, which becomes non-lethal at the end of his turn. This leaves 5 damage remaining. Luckily, the use of Bolster gives Ajax DR 5/-, meaning he takes no lethal damage from this attack.

Ajax briefly considers attempting to dispel whatever trickery allowed this woman to turn into a dragon, but he thinks better of it after hearing her words. No, there's a very real chance that she's a REAL dragon, and all she did was return to her original form. No point wasting time on something that might not fully work, then.

Instead, he'd probably be better served trying to aid his allies. While he was lucky to have sustained relatively minimal damage, it was clear that the others weren't nearly as lucky.

Of course, he'd have to first deal with the giant dragon in front of him.

With a herculean effort, Ajax wrenches his arms from the dragon's jaw and lets loose a flurry of attacks!

Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action: Suppressive Rush
    Attack 1: (1d20+12)[13] vs touch
    Damage 1: (1d6+3)[7] half, for 3 damage

Attack 2: (1d20+12)[25] vs touch
    Damage 2: (1d6+3)[6] half, for 3 damage

Attack 3: (1d20+12)[17] vs touch
    Damage 3: (1d6+3)[7] half, for 3 damage

Enemy can choose to automatically avoid/deflect every attack, but if they do so, they take a -4 penalty to attack and damage rolls until they total defense, or aren't attacked for 1 full round.

If enemy took damage:
    Swift Action: Tear Flesh (Creature takes 2 bleed and loses 2 points of natural armor as long as they are bleeding)

Otherwise:
    Swift Action: Giant Physique Stance (+2 effective size categories for purpose of combat maneuvers)

After his flurry of blows meant to destabilize the enemy's footing, Ajax will then barrel through as many of his opponents as he can, wheeling around the battlefield to come to Silvermoon's aid.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Strength Rune's Movement's Ability, henceforth dubbed, "Ceaser's Charge" (allows Ajax to bull rush and/or overrun enemies without provoking)
    CMB check 1: (1d20+12)[15] (+2 if in Giant Physique stance) vs Dragon Lady
    CMB check 2: (1d20+12)[25] (+2 if in Giant Physique stance) vs Defender guy

If both Overrun attempts are successful, they'll be knocked prone, and Ajax will end his turn North of Bruiser. Otherwise, he'll have to go around these guys and end up Northeast of Bruiser.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2021-01-18 at 01:45 AM.