New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Vanguard Interversal Solutions Operation (IC)

VIS Security Team 10
    En-route to Operation area, Northern Germany
    Mission Class D, Employer Class D

Mission Begins in 00:20:47

A screen lights up on the wall of the odd transport vehicle you and the rest of your team had been ushered into, revealing a black and white image of a woman dressed in the styles of 50s America typing away at a type writer. The characters written on the page are unrecognizable, and seemed to change when you lose focus on them for any amount of time. She turns from her work, and locks eyes with you. "Ah hello Agents, This is Miss E with your mission briefing. I hope the ride has been gentle for you, those drivers can be a little on the rough side." She said, snapping the roll of paper back to its starting position, a brief flash of color coming to the image with the snap before disappearing. "You are being dropped into Northern Germany, the town of Liubice," Static filled the screen, and the woman began again. "-ern Germany, the city of Lübeck. Try to take a moment when you have some free time to visit the Holstentor and really experience that lovely medieval architecture." She said, before opening a filing cabinet, and digging inside, before pulling out a set of pictures and files.

"Your client for today is a Mister Hannes Strobl, an older gentlemen with ties to a small group of "Are we Cool yet?" and "Gamers against Weed." individuals who have teamed up for some project. These groups tend to throw caution to the sea, but Mister Strobl has seen fit to hire us to ensure they are left alone while they put the finishing touches on their latest project, a commercial it looks like!" She said, revealing a picture that was quickly censored, before she let out a little 'Oopsie' as a wave of discomfort and the scent of mayonnaise filled your nose for a brief second "Oh my bad agents, seems I can't show you their project, as it is a cognitohazard. Just know that it is quite humorous if you are in touch with certain subcultures of the anomalous internet community." She said with a small giggle, before holding up a new picture.

"Expect some some contact with agents of GOC, and possibly a concerned citizen from the Wanderers Library. However, the employer has insisted that the group has not gathered the attention of any hostile forces. I still recommend you stay on your toes." She said, showing a picture of a crowd of people with a red circle drawn around a blond woman wearing a beanie and a man wearing sunglasses with the GOC symbol printed next to the circle. Another picture was shown, of a shadow of a person with an umbrella cast on a wall. The shadow appeared to be floating as the feet made contact with only air. the term "Possibly non-humanoid" was written next to the humanoid shadow.

"That should be everything agents," She said, as the transport experienced a rather sharp bump, and the driver behind his locked metal door letting out a whoop. "Are there any questions before you are dropped off?"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Vanguard Interversal Solutions Operation (IC)

Moira van der Aart sat quietly in the vehicle for most of the ride, making small talk mainly when spoken to. Dark hair and a black dress with a belt in the middle, she she was just striking enough to be noticed walking down the street, and then be forgotten just as easily. The only thing that appeared to be of any note about her was the backpack she carried that was heavy with books, and an IFAK that sat on her hip. She speaks up first, asking what she believed was the most obvious question.

”Our client... speaks English, I assume?” She looks over what information on their client was available. “And I assume they will fill us in on what specifically is to be done? It seems odd that we are being brought all the way out here just to provide security for a commercial.”
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post

”Our client... speaks English, I assume?” She looks over what information on their client was available. “And I assume they will fill us in on what specifically is to be done? It seems odd that we are being brought all the way out here just to provide security for a commercial.”
    Miss E nodded, another snap of her type writer bringing color back to her screen before it disappeared just as fast "Yes Miss Aart, Mister Strobl is perfectly fluent in English, German, Mandarain, and is partially able to speak Daevite, though he refuses to speak it anymore after some unfortunate business in his past. As for instructions, your job is to simply make sure the group is able to complete their project uninterrupted. Since Mister Strobl was able to pay our fee, what he chooses to do with our services is ultimately up to him. He will provide specifics, if he can, but the possible enemy agents he we have managed to spot will likely be your primary threat. Still, best to keep on your fingers, Lubeck is a very old town."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Edward Johnson is sitting in the vehicle dressed in a cheap black suit, he had nothing on him except his phone and a small pistol held in a belt holster. He was deep in thought for most of the trip.

"Is there a possiblity that we will come across anything anomalous on this mission?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Van der Aart, you 1950’s caricature... the not-quite-doctor mumbles to herself.

Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Rookswood was half asleep for most of the ride, eyes fluttering and waking up in that half-aware state people tended to when going in and out of dreamland. He was a tall man with strawberry blonde hair combed back, at least he tried to comb it back as it would always eventually puff back up and look like he just woke up. He looked more like he should be behind a desk than on the front lines, he wore a black vest overtop of a white dress-shirt. Overtop his vest was the brown leather chest holster he kept a heavy-looking pistol strapped in. When he finally began to wake up he ran his hand, covered in fingerless gloves through his hair, and stretched. Aside from that he wore black dress pants and matching loafers.

Of course, what he wore was largely irrelevant given the liquid metal parasite that swam through his veins and under his skin.

Able leaned forward watching and listening to the briefing, cracking his neck as he roused himself to full wakefulness. "So we're just bouncers on this? Hope the guy is good with pulling out if the Foundation shows up."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Penny hadn't been too chatty on the way up, half a mind always busy trying to second-guess the next change. She was dressed in street clothes in preparation for the mission, in the hopes that they'd get to be a bit discreet while on-the-job. "Do we have an estimate on the job duration at least? I mean, I know we can't be certain, but do they have a specific time they intend to air the commercial? If it gets outside the 24 hour range, we'll have to plan shifts properly, so would be nice to know in advance."

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Seandiggersby View Post
    "Is there a possiblity that we will come across anything anomalous on this mission?"
    "Oh Most certainly Mister Johnson, otherwise the Client might have just hired a normal security force. The individual whose shadow we have a picture of is believed to be a highly anomalous entity, one that despite having made multiple very visible and public appearances, we lack any solid information about how they look. And alongside that, working with "Gamers against weed" and "Are we cool yet?" commonly involves dealing with some kind of anomalous tomfoolery, so caution is advised."

Quote Originally Posted by Seanfall View Post
    "So we're just bouncers on this? Hope the guy is good with pulling out if the Foundation shows up."
    The image turned to static at the mention of the foundation, and now Miss E was sitting in a new position in the room, behind a new desk, with a type writer of different make. She shook her head "Ah yes, the foundation. Mister Strobl has ensured us that the Foundation is completly unaware of this project, but Company policy still applies: "If you are not hired to engage the foundation, employees are required to retreat." Foundation jobs are meant for more experienced or well equipped agents of the VIS, and we will not lose our employees to scalpers and kidnappers."

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "Do we have an estimate on the job duration at least? I mean, I know we can't be certain, but do they have a specific time they intend to air the commercial? If it gets outside the 24 hour range, we'll have to plan shifts properly, so would be nice to know in advance."
    "A wonderfully professional question Miss. Mister Strobl has estimated the commercial will be completed within 14 hours, 20 hours if the team decides to change anything last minute. Once they say they are done, you may stay to enjoy a brief amount of free time, or be immediately picked up by our lovely transportation staff. If things go to far north, such as if the Foundation arrives in force, or the Team has decided to unleash something that is most definitely not a commercial, you can call your transporter and they will arrive to pick you up as soon as possible."

With that, Miss E waved good bye, and a nice little company tune played as she faded out, the screen turning black. The image then was replaced with what looked like an ally way in some city, and a new voice spoke over the transports internal speaker, a younger man with an accent from the American south "Alright Y'all, we're hear. Keep your eyes out, and don't call me unless you need me. This Strobl guy is going to be meeting you just outside this alley. Now get on out of my truck." He said, and the double doors at the back of the transport opened, revealing the brick wall of a building in the way of exiting."Ah ****, hold up. Place is different from the map they gave me." he said, the door closing, then immediately opening again, showing an Alley for you to exit out into, with a bustling street full of civilians being seen at its end, though none of them looked your way.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Moira picks up her bag and steps out of the vehicle, looking around for a sign of their client, and to get a better idea of the are.

Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Able stands to leave, a silvery liquid flows up from behind his ears and forms a pair of Persol sunglasses like those worn by Gary Oldman in Dracula. He stepped out off the vehicle behind Moria and smiles adjusting his 'sunglasses' which gave him access to his enhanced vision abilities without a full transformation. Unseen under his clothes the parasite extending thousands of hair-thin devices not unlike those from many different insect species or the whiskers of cats. Together these creations would help warn him of danger.

"Alright let's get this show started."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Edward steps out into the alley. "Yes let's get this started" he says to Able as he looks around for their client.
    Last edited by Seandiggersby; 2020-12-02 at 11:50 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Penny steps out of the transport, looking around warily. "...let's get to it then."

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #13

When the last person stepped out of the transport, the doors shut behind them, a bare brick wall all that stood behind them as there was no sign of a transport vehicle of any kind. Once more, whatever device VIS used to transport their agents had disappeared without a single trace, as if it never had existed in the first place. A feeling of calm briefly filled the area around the team, before the once before muted sound of the city flowed into the alleyway, an older gentlemen walking towards the team who seemingly appeared from thin air.

He had black hair that was thinning slightly on the top of his head, a pair of rectangular glasses, and was wearing a well worn casual suit "Good good, you've finally made it. Sorry to approach you so suddenly, but I felt it best to get straight to business." he said, looking over his shoulder, then up to the roof tops, then over his other shoulder, before looking back to the team. "My name is Hannes Strobl, though I do go by the "Pr0f3ss0r" to many of my colleagues." He said with a smile, the numerical characters in his pseudonym somehow being registered in your mind. Strobl took a quick look over the four of you, then seemed a bit relieved "i was afraid you would be nothing but brutes, but it appears VIS has an appreciation for those who can remain subtle. Come along, I'll take you to where you will be working. I want to get somewhere safe before those lame ducks from the Coalition find us." he said, waving for you to follow him and walking towards the end of the alley way.

Spoiler: For Penny
    Show
    As penny steps onto the old concrete of the alleyway floor, she felt her step become slick and saw white powder puff outwards from her steps as a 3 meter circle around her of the floor turned into very fine baking flour.

Spoiler: For Moira
    Show
    After the Old man turns around, you get a very brief, maybe half a second or so, flash of a man and woman walking the opposite way of the 'Pr0f3ss0r' and bumping into him. They apologize in German, then leave with the older man politely accepting their apology.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Able smirked, "Oh we can be brutish if we have to be, but we were told you wanted to keep a low-profile for as long as possible." Underneath his clothes and skin the parasite writhed ready to cover its host at a moment's notice. "So out of morbid curiosity, is this commercial for someone else or yourself?" Rookswood kept his eyes roving around the area on the lookout for anything that could be a potential threat.

Spoiler: roll
    Show

Perception
    (1d20+3)[17]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Penny takes out a small jar and scoops some flour into it, before stowing it back in her jacket.

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

”A brute would be rather bad at-” Moira pauses as the vision hits her. Who was that? These damn things never have enough information. She tries to focus, get it to last just a little longer, but alas.

“-doing our jobs,” she finishes. She keeps her eyes out for the two people in her vision, walking abreast to Mr. Strobel so as to intercept the two individuals. She suspected that they would either pickpocket him or otherwise do some form of harm that is not readily apparent.

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"Yes a brute woul be less than ideal for our profession. It's an interesting name you go by, Pr0f3ss0r" Edward replies, curious about how he is able to get the numbers in the spelling to register in people's minds. Edward starts to look around the area for anything unusual and potentially dangerous.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (1d20+10)[23]

18. - Top - End - #18

"So out of morbid curiosity, is this commercial for someone else or yourself?" Rookswood kept his eyes roving around the area on the lookout for anything that could be a potential threat.

Spoiler: roll
    Show

Perception
    [roll0]

The Pr0f3ss0r let out an excited sound as he turned the corner with the group in his tow, no one paying any mind to the group of four strangers exiting an alleyway that had no other entrance or exit. "Oh, it is not for me personally, rather a project my students. You see, the creators of this project were once very amateur anomalous creators, scattered as they sought help to expand their skills and enter the world of anomalous creation. I was originally meant to simply bring them through a Way, and have them educated either in the library or brought to the Thuamaturgic institute in Three Portlands... But their vision swept me up and I chose to help them all, to bring them together. " he said, Able quickly spotting down the road, standing in front of a window displaying clothing was a man and woman, arms locked together like a couple. Their clothing was casual, matching what a tourist would wear, however you caught one glancing your way, before looking back at the clothing. Half way between Strobl and the couple was a homeless man, who was sitting on the side of the street unmoving, despite what seemed to be an uncomfortable position he was in.

"Their commercial is the final touch to their project, a piece of art they have poured themselves into, that has come to life in so many ways. When they are finished, the commercial will air, and they will enter the world of Anomalous art together as a united commune."

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Penny takes out a small jar and scoops some flour into it, before stowing it back in her jacket.
    Her hand briefly touches the flour, and though she is successful in containing the flour in her jar, the flour on her finger tips shifted, and wreathed around her finger tips were several hundred tiny flowers that bloomed in various colors, the vines gently holding onto her skin as the flowers seemed to follow where the most light was.

[COLOR="#B22222"]
    “-doing our jobs,” she finishes. She keeps her eyes out for the two people in her vision, walking abreast to Mr. Strobel so as to intercept the two individuals. She suspected that they would either pickpocket him or otherwise do some form of harm that is not readily apparent.
    Just as Able saw, the couple from Moira's vision were right up ahead, the man looking at his wrist watched and tapping in, then ushering the lady along as they turned and started walking in the groups direction, talking to one another in what you could hear to be french.

Spoiler: To anyone whose character can understand french
    Show
    Spoiler: No cheating now
    Show
    "Those clothes were so poorly made, it must have been a family store. I wonder how often they get business."

"Yes a brute would be less than ideal for our profession. It's an interesting name you go by, Pr0f3ss0r" Edward replies, curious about how he is able to get the numbers in the spelling to register in people's minds. Edward starts to look around the area for anything unusual and potentially dangerous.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: [roll0]
    "Oh yes, it was given to me by my students, who found a interesting little trick to allow the human mind to comprehend L33t speak through the spoken tongue. I had seen such a thing before in other circles, but they had figured out how to accomplish this in their own unique way." he explained, looking back at you and not at the incoming couple that were not paying attention to where they were walking.

Spoiler: For Edward
    Show
    Except they were paying attention, very close attention to the Professor, their angle adjusting slightly in order to fabricate an accidental collision. Their eyes briefly looked to the homeless man, whose only movement was adjusting his posture. The glance was brief, hidden beneath sunglasses but you had seen the twitch of muscle as they approached.

In addition, in a window on the other side of the road, you saw a set of curtains move and darkness within the building. To dark for a building mid day, and especially if there was anyone living inside.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"Yes, yes that's very interesting." he says, his attention diverted towards the couple walking towards the group. He quickly makes eye contact with them for a moment to try and read their minds.

Spoiler
    Show

Using assessment, gm makes a secret insight check vs deception

Using his mind reading, mind reading 5, sensory link, Subtle 2, sense dependant(Vision), dc 15 dodge check, if they fail they make a will check vs the result of my mind reading power check which is...
    (1d20+5)[21]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Moira takes a few quick steps to be ahead of their patron now. As she does so, she makes pointed eye contact with the man.

Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Able lowered his 'sunglasses' and eyed the homeless man and couple. He moved to stand in front of Strobl and adjusted his gun strap. He kept his pace the same, the parasite shivered under his skin. The enhancements made to his senses would warn him of any danger and he'd throw himself over the VIP the second he felt anything. "I see, planning to go public with it soon?"

22. - Top - End - #22

"Yes, yes that's very interesting." he says, his attention diverted towards the couple walking towards the group. He quickly makes eye contact with them for a moment to try and read their minds.

Spoiler
    Show

Using assessment, gm makes a secret insight check vs deception

Using his mind reading, mind reading 5, sensory link, Subtle 2, sense dependant(Vision), dc 15 dodge check, if they fail they make a will check vs the result of my mind reading power check which is...
    [roll0]
    These two had seen military action, the way they walked was how they taught undercover police only much more refined, their physique matched that of active combatants rather than simple tourists, and the way they stuck close with their arms around each other had the hand close to the small of the other's back, likely where a concealed weapon would be kept for their partner to use in case things got dicey. Judging from the differing ethnicites and the slight accents, they were from differing military organizations but had been working in the same outfit for awhile.

Spoiler: Mind reading: man
    Show
    "Multiple unknown individuals. Must be added security, but what outfit? They don't look paramilitary. Jenson better be ready in case **** gets hot. Crap that guy is looking right at me, play it cool. Briefing didn't mention any mind readers, so we should be safe as long as we keep our glasses on from any of that cognito ****.

Spoiler: Mind Reading: Woman
    Show
    Keep that hand above the belt Deacon, any lower and you risk losing it. God, stuck dealing with some stupid kids and a nutty professor, should be back with my squad dealing with real threats. bet the Foundation doesn't make their MTF do this ****. Just hope these random friends of the Professor's can put up a decent fight if command gives us the clear. ****, we're getting close, gotta get the bug ready...crap, that bitch...

Moira takes a few quick steps to be ahead of their patron now. As she does so, she makes pointed eye contact with the man.
    Able lowered his 'sunglasses' and eyed the homeless man and couple. He moved to stand in front of Strobl and adjusted his gun strap. He kept his pace the same, the parasite shivered under his skin. The enhancements made to his senses would warn him of any danger and he'd throw himself over the VIP the second he felt anything. "I see, planning to go public with it soon?"
    The man doesn't seem to immediately notice, locking eyes with Edward for a bit before the woman saw you staring and brought his attention to Moira. The couple altered their course, no longer ion route to bumping into the oblivious Strobl. The woman said hello politely to the group in french as they passed one another, the couple continuing on like nothing happened or was ever going to happen.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Able, give me a reflex save
    Everyone else, give me a Perception check, DC 20

23. - Top - End - #23

ABLE

Able stumbles forward as the homeless man’s leg gets in the way of his forward step, forcing him to stumble as the homeless began to ramble something incoherent in German.

Everyone else

Moira and penny paid no heed to the incoherent rambling, instead noticing that right when the Homeless man had purposefully extended his leg into Able’s path, something on his pants had brushed onto the once Broken Church agent.

The homeless man stands and starts to stumble away, shoving past a random civilian.

Strobl seemed annoyed, straightening his collar “How rude,” he said, watching the homeless man try to walk down the street.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Able cursed and flipped the man the bird, his danger sense wasn't alerted so it might have just been a homeless guy. He growled in his throat and turned, a drop of sweat beading upon his forehead. Nothing's happened yet, maybe I'm just high strung, worrying about nothing...my danger sense should provide enough warning to shield Strobl.

25. - Top - End - #25

With that whole crisis averted, the team expertly handling the two agents without much issue, Strobl managed to lead the team all the way to an abandoned Warehouse. Strobl then turned, and walked towards a old car that had all of its tires stolen, all but one door was missing, the engine gone, and it was covered in rust and german graffiti. Stobl Went over and opened the door, and got into the car. Sitting in the drivers seat, he slammed shut the door and was gone.

One second he had been sitting in the rusted out vehicle, the next the vehicle sat empty and looked like it hadn't been touched in decades.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Able nodded at the car then turned to the others in his squad. "Alright so who wants to get eaten by the ghost car first?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"I suppose if no one else wants to I can go first. I doubt it's harmful if he want in himself."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"Unless we just lost our contractor," Moira adds dryly.

Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Well only one way to find out I guess..." Able opened up the door and sat down where Strobl had and with a peace sign to the others, shut the door.