New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Genin Encounter! Battle for the pride of Haigakure!

Sayuri pulled out the Highlander book with a flourish, in a very low, very challenging Taijutsu stance she flopped the cover open with her fingers and read the few words there.
    “Ha, ha, ha, ha you haven’t finished this-” Something caught the words before they got out and choked them to death. She sat down quiet as could be wearing a tiny frown for all the ‘oh, wonderfuls’ mutely watching Shimura Shin in her veiled eyes. She took a moment to look around the Memorial, for all the world trying to figure out what was going on at the moment.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-11-12 at 11:02 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Natsumi, Shunrai, and Kyoshin struggle to retrieve their sensei. As Kyoshin lifts up Kurina, he realizes that she's much heavier than she looks. When they say muscle is denser than fat, they damn well mean it! Time was on their side, apparently, because nothing assaulted any of the genin within the Square.

Shin, Buki, and Sayuri on the other hand are more interested in themselves than acting like a team. Their sensei is laying right in the middle of the street with Sayuri rummaging through his pouch. Buki is off on his own, looking around. While Shin is standing out in the open, dripping some black ichor from his hands.

Team Two attempt to extract their sensei from the middle of the Square, but the moment they near the exit..

fwip! P-TANG!

A single black dagger bounces off the headband of Kurina. The angle pointed at the Memorial as where it came from. The six of you turn to look, where a single man in an overly large coat stands on top of the memorial. His dirty shoes defile the names carved upon the stone, and his filthy hands are clutching the Haigakure headband that had once been wrapped around the statue. All six of you recognize him as Matasu, the Bull. His headband is worn proudly on his forehead this time.. But something is wrong with it.

"I crawled up here to see if there really is the name of a Kage carved into this stone. To see if it wasn't just another lie fed to us by people like that fool Kyusuki and his whole damn family. Guess what kiddies..

I was right!

Theres nothing! There is no Kage up here, just the title and an empty plaque! It doesn't mean a damn thing!
    "

Matasu flings the Memorial's headband toward Kuro's head.

"I should have told Leematsu to kill you all here and now.. He's already strong enough to beat Kuro and his bitch! Ha! Both of 'em are unfit to be genin, little lone chuunin! And you kids! HA!"

He motions toward Kyoshin, Sayuri, Shunrai, Buki, Natsumi, and finally settles on Shin.

"A coward, a wanna-be, a kaminin, an idiot, an ugly kunoichi, and little Captain EmoPants. Useless, the lot of you."

With that last bit, he hops down into Square itself. Thats when you notice exactly what is wrong with his headband. A single deep gouge runs through the Haigakure symbol, signifying the break of his ties with his village.

"Warding this place with my new jutsu had been hard. I was lucky when Kuro asked me to wait by myself for his useless ass group. Heh.. I wonder how many of you I can kill before I get bored.. Heh-heh.. Come on little kiddies! Lets see what you've got!"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Thunk. Said the memorial headband after it bounced off the ground next to Kuro’s head. She followed it all the way down from the top of the monolithic shrine, dark as Shimura Shin’s coal black eyes. Matasu’s big weatherworn coat snapped and played with the rushing winds of his downfall, dead souls wailing in agony. Sayuri didn’t lose her airy head until she heard his feet smash against the ground and she watched him rise up from his hunched crouch, seething demon with warped horns and flared nostrils.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative(6d6)[20]
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-11-13 at 03:33 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

How... why... He's desecrating the memorial... Kyoshin blinks, still disbelieving that Matasu-sensei is behind this. Regardless, he shoulders Kurina-sensei's weight until it feels right, trying to make less of her body available as a target.

"Natsumi-san, Shunrai-san, you think it's too late to go back and eat Kurina-sensei's dinner instead of this?" Kyoshin says with a smirk and a grin, and the tone of voice tells his teammates that he is kidding. His next sentence is a bit more serious, and he yells it out, "Leematsu-san? Why do this? Has this village wronged you so badly that you would attack your classmates?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

Shunrai barely chokes back a laugh "Is that the best insults you could come up with for us? Your fighting abilities gotta be better than your oratory skills or you'd have killed yourself just trying to get out of bed this morning." She glances around them, looking for a way to get Kurina to safety at least. Then she whispers to Kyoshin and Natsumi "What do you 2 think? I think we can get Kurina out of here, but I don't think those other 3 have much of a chance without us."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

"Agreed." Kyoshin whispers back. "And Kurina-sensei would not want needless death. Especially not with Kuro-sensei here as well. We stay. We stay, and we fight."
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Shimura Shin

Shin whips around at the noise, and everyone standing there sees that the young genin's face has nearly completely changed. The eyes, previously a deep blue, are now cold hard black orbs set in a face charged with anger and fear. Weird black mist seems to emanate from them and steam away into the air. His right hand is completely covered in the black stuff, and his left also has a sheen of darkness upon it.

As soon as Shin, if it is Shin, sees Matasu, his focus on the coated man's headband. The Haigakure symbol seems to hold no interest for him, and he turns back to the forest, eyes hunting for something.

Spoiler
    Show
    (7d6)[3][3][5][3][3][2][5](24) - Initiative.
    Last edited by Rejakor; 2007-11-13 at 02:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

She shakes her head hearing Shunrai, seeming to pay no attention to what Matasu said. "No, we'll need all six if we ever to even stand a chance. Kyoshin, you'll need to set Kurina-sensei down. I think she'll be okay so long as we're still standing." She takes a few steps to the left to get a clear line on Matasu. One hand going behind her back to a pouch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Init (6d6)[2][2][3][2][2][2](13)
    Procrastination will one day get its due as an art form. I plan to be it's Michelangelo. - Millie

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll just roll for Buki then..

Initiative:

Shin
    Sayuri
    Matasu
    Natsumi
    Kyoshin
    Shunrai

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Shimura Shin

"Eyes to the front, eyes all around, what is it that I hear this sound." Shin takes a step forward that oddly seems to send him backward at nigh impossible speed. His leg flicks out towards Matasu body arching back with the power of the strike, and as he is in mid-air a voice much deeper than Shin's echoes across the clearing. "Kage-Shudan, Daiichi Hochou."

Spoiler
    Show
    (9d6+14)[2][5][4][1][6][3][1][2][2](40) - Way of Shadow, First Step.

If successfully does damage, spend 2 chakra to activate the Second Step, i.e. the Shadow Coffin.
    Last edited by Rejakor; 2007-11-15 at 08:17 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

He’s so big Kuro-sama! Sayuri watched the world stretch.
    Ninja who passed on wore a white kimono wrapped over the right side, symbol of the dead whose bones Matasu broke under his feet. Their voices trembled Kage-shudan, Shin said what they left for ears not mortal. He’d taken his first step and she wouldn’t even imagine what might happen if she got in their way. Her hands pushed down on her brother in a desperate bid to wake him up, spirits used dreams to find souls who listened like Kuro did and somehow she knew if they found him now he wouldn't be having a happy sleep.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-11-16 at 01:19 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Matasu

The chuunin grins as he does not attempt to dodge Shin's blow. In fact, he doesn't seem phased what so ever by the attack. The Bull's coat splits where the boy's leg struck, but Matasu ignored the damaged fabric. He reaches back and slips his coat off slowly. "I'll give you this, boy. I didn't expect a genin to offer a single technique that my Kage Kengi no Jutsu would stop. But I should have done more research into the Sumera clan before I wrote you off.."

THUD

His coat falls, dropping to the ground and sending up dust clouds all around him. Matasu's body is muscular, enough to make even the most well-renowned bodybuilder very jealous. The crazy grin across his face never leaves, and merely grows as realization slowly dons on both Sayuri and Shin. The Flawless Butterfly and the Hidden Fist are meaningless against the Bull.

"Enjoy this boy. Only three men have seen this body and lived to tell the tale. You won't be the fourth.. Akurei Rinzai no Jutsu" Strangely enough, he makes no hand-seals to perform his technique, but the affect is clear. The chuunin's body begins to emanate energy, a blood red aura surrounds his body and the weight of his pure killing intent comes to bear. Every breathe feels like Shin's last. The air settles heavy in his lungs, threatening to send the boy to his knees in the face of death. Matasu cracks his knuckles and the sound seems as if it reverberates throughout Shin's entire body.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll need a Mind roll from Shin and anyone else who attempts to move close enough to attack Matasu in melee combat.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2007-11-16 at 08:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Shimura Shin

Shin, face locked in a determined rictus, is knocked back as his blow fails to faze Matasu, sliding to a stop several metres from the monument. He looks slightly confused and the blackness burning from his eyes and dripping from his hands seems to lessen ever so slightly, before flaring back up a second later.

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d6)[3][2][4](9) - Mind, what there is of it.
    Last edited by Rejakor; 2007-11-16 at 10:14 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

"Well this situation kind of makes me wish I'd finished that new technique I think I'm creating." She pulls out some kunai and and sighs "I'm really not good at throwing these things, need to figure out how to get the wind to guide them, maybe have time for that next year. We still want to stay and fight?"

15. - Top - End - #45

Natsumi quietly mutters to Shunrai. "I kinda doubt we can out run him" She takes a step back her hand whipping out from behind her back with four kunai and sends them flying in staight lines at Matasu.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kunai Jutsu (5d6+3)[2][4][3][5][1](18)

Afterward she steps behind Kyoshin, all but disappearing behind the large young man.
    Last edited by AlienRat; 2007-11-17 at 06:24 AM.
    Procrastination will one day get its due as an art form. I plan to be it's Michelangelo. - Millie

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Great. So, Kyoshin, let's recap. In the midst of training before your worst dinner ever, you and your teammates find someone suspiciously alone when he shouldn't be, so you go tell your sensei. Who is now on your back, unconscious. Correction. Who is now on your back, unconscious and very very heavy. All because of this guy in front of you who, I guess, can't be easily touched or attacked. Kyoshin stands still for a moment, his eyes watching, his body unsure how to act. Slowly, the genin shifts the heavy weight of Kurina-sensei down from his back onto the ground and stands up again just in time to see Natsumi throw a kunai and jump behind him.

Leaving him the main defense between their team and an apparent madman.

Worse. A traitor.

Even worse. A traitor who turned Leematsu into a traitor.

Even MORE worse. A traitor who desecrated the village's memorial, and now had some type of defense that was making it hard for Kyoshin to reprimand him.

And the strange thing was...

Kyoshin looked behind himself at his sensei on the ground and the two kunoichi teammates standing there. I'd rather be right here than anywhere else right now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kyoshin adopts a defensive stance and hopes he doesn't have to bother.

Mind Roll for Next Round
    (2d6)[3][1](4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

17. - Top - End - #47

Spoiler
    Show
    Im not in the initiative lineup so Ill just assume Im last

Crap, so much for my uneventful day, this sucks, I guess this is at least an oppourtunity to use my newly developed jutsu. Buki shifts his weight and begins fingering something on his back.
    Jayne: I wish I could say the same but Lawrence I am dissapointed as hell.

Video did not kill the raidio star I DID!!!

who you gonna call?....

18. - Top - End - #48

Shunrai turns to face Matatsu and throws a kunai at him, if nothing else it'll give him something else to pay attention to

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[2][3](5)

19. - Top - End - #49

Buki springs into action grabbing the demon wind Shurukiun he had been fingering on his back and and flinging the spinning projectile at the "bull" before him.

Spoiler
    Show
    (9d6+4)[1][1][4][1][3][1][2][1][3](21)

who you gonna call?....

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Matasu's Turn

He grins and forms a half-seal with his right hand. In the span of a single breath the Bull vanishes among smoke. Everyone immediately notices him standing behind Shin with his arms out wide, obviously ready to crush the young genin. Of course, Natsumi intervenes before he can finish his attack..!

Natsumi

A trio of obsidian daggers veered toward their target. Each blade has but a single purpose, to deliver sharp death to the Bull. They veer unerringly toward his heart, to pierce it as he has pierced the spirit of Haigakure...!

PATANG!

Matasu dances about in his space, blocking all three daggers with a pair of gloves. Both gloves have a heavy metal bar across their knuckle, and are obviously intended to be offensive weapons. He disregards the kunoichi in favor of the next attack..

Shunrai

Her own kunai is not nearly as lethal, and Matasu snatches the black blade out of the air and flings it down into the dirt. "Little girls shouldn't be playing with knives. Kunoichi aren't meant for the battlefield!"

Buki

With a grunt and a flare of his fighting spirit, the young genin flings his fuuma shuriken toward Matasu. The four-pronged blade is much different than a normal shuriken, as it suffers from much more wind-drag. Unfortunately Buki does not take this into consideration, and his weapon ends up stabbed into the dirt without so much as making it half-way to Matasu.

21. - Top - End - #51

She sighs, it's bad enough they're fighting someone who could probably quite easily kill them. But could he atleast shut up and do it already? "The kunoichi on this team can't be barefoot and in the kitchen, Kyoshin's the cook."She grumbles faintly to herself. Then quietly to Kyoshin. "Kyoshin, I know he put a Jutsu up that makes it.. Scarey to get near him. But, if you don't atleast throw a rock at him, I'm going to stab you. I realise that won't hurt you, but hopefully it will atleast wake you up." The tall girl side steps again, her hand going back behind herself into a pounch on her black leather belt.

22. - Top - End - #52

Spoiler
    Show
    (ooc) bah! I forgot my whole purpose of even making that post! Init roll (6d6)[6][3][1][3][6][6](25)

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

"So you don't want me to cook him something?" Kyoshin asks, fiddling with the latch on his shoulder bag. "Actually... that's not a bad idea..."

With his usual deft quickness when it comes to food, Kyoshin soon has several tomatoes in his hands, very plump and ripe. He, with some sadness, squeezes them a bit to make them juicy, and then in an unorthodox maneuver...

...throws two of the four tomatoes at the Bull, jumping straight up into the air as he does so.

Spoiler
    Show
    Come on now, sing it with me:

Aaaaattack of the (not so) Killer Tomatoes! Aaaaaattack of the Killer Tomatoes!
    Grace Roll (I think) (2d6)[4][5](9)
    + 3 chakra for an ADDED (3d6)[6][1][5](12)
    Total (9) + (12) = 21 for throwing tomatoes

Basic Leaping Jutsu
    50 ft. up for free. Up to Zero, but I'd like to end my turn up in the air, if you don't mind.

Don't Mind Me, I'm just a 6'6", 298 pound genin
    Mind Roll (2d6)[1][2](3)
    Last edited by Gengy; 2007-11-19 at 10:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Tomato Attack

Matasu defends against the first two, but the third tomato strikes him square in the chest. His shirt is quickly covered in tomato juice and abit of his own blood.

Spoiler
    Show
    Deals 2 lethal with a tomato.

AlienRat: I've been rolling initiative so the game doesn't get slowed down. I posted the initiative roster in the OOC thread.

25. - Top - End - #55

"You know, I'm sure you were a total badass when you were 12, especially since now you aren't more than a whining bully. I'm surprised you managed to get through the academy to become a genin. They must of been terribly desperate for ninjas back WAY back then old man"

Shunrai decides throwing insults at him is probably more effective than her throwing kunai at him.

26. - Top - End - #56

Natsumi's scowls a bit, kunai bounce off of him, but FRUIT! A fruit weakness? Kyoshin has some really weird jutsu's. She crouches down and jumps back, her hand whipping around to send three more kunai sailing at Matasu, trying to aim low. "If you can do better with a cooked fruit of vegetable go right ahead! Better yet throw some of Kurina-sensei's cooking at him."

Spoiler
    Show
    Kunai Jutsu, just keep pelting him. (5d6+3)[4][1][5][4][6](23)
    Last edited by AlienRat; 2007-11-20 at 12:42 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Shimura Shin

Shin's eyes narrow. Spinning around, fist darting forward and left leg sliding forward deepening his stance, he confronts only empty air, a few dropped kunai and a couple of smashed tomatoes. He seems confused, and spins around, looking every which way, but not seeing any sign of Matasu. "Come out, come out, wherever you are..." A voice, arguably Shin's, issues forth from his mouth.
    Last edited by Rejakor; 2007-11-20 at 05:36 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Sayuri was still too busy waking up Kuro to be polite enough to let Shin-not-Shin finish his undulating gravelly growl, she ended up yelling over him. “Wake up and break his jaw he just insulted your girlfriend if you don’t I hand-dye all your clothes bright pink! And paint with your antique Kunai set! Brutal Kurina will never give you her first kiss!”

Spoiler
    Show
    Loud and Scary words form the Heart(4d6)[10]
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-11-20 at 09:06 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

...the hell it didn't even go half way? ok... new plan... umm... Hey Sayuri! whats the plan?

who you gonna call?....

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Sayuri

“Why am I supposed to know the plan?” Buki’s voice called her up from her brother back to whatever was going on at the memorial, for some reason she didn’t care about any of it because there was something missing. A lot of things that just weren’t supposed to be true… “I don’t know…”

Remember Sayuri if anything happens to you Kyusuki will be very angry. She couldn’t hear the fluttering of the headband in the wind always swirling around the crown of the memorial. Brother was sleeping. She took the headband off the dirty ground and set it on his forehead.

“Bull Matasu! Why would you do something like this?” She glared as hard as she dared at the giant dancing around her fellow shinobi.
    “Our ancestors loved us more than themselves you’ve stolen their voice and we can’t hear them in the winds anymore. You took their clothes and smeared them with filth when you got the shrine all dirty, you climbed into their heaven and jumped down so you could break their bones we buried in the earth. You are alive at their expense!”

By the time she was only half-finished she was standing up looking ready to beat up someone five times bigger than she was. It came out with a passionate, cool tone so smooth it almost seemed like she didn’t seem to mind things. Almost.

“It’s my duty as a Kunoichi to teach bratty little children their lessons.” Pulling her hair ribbon tighter drew a lot of attention to her eyes, swirling like magma they appeared to be looking right through Matasu at something else.

Spoiler
    Show
    Secret Art Manifests (you should know what I’m talking about)

“Kougu Buki, Nakamura Natsumi! Show the proper technique for throwing Kunai. The Dummy you’ll throw them at is Matasu the Bull.”
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-11-21 at 05:07 AM.