New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: [WFRP 2E] Mordheim

Kubah growled grumpily as he was pulled away from the monster's cooling remains, but warmed again when offered the salted meat, licking Gavrilo with a long, warm tongue - and leaving a trail of bloody drool up his master's arm. The bear wolfed down the cut of salted meat, swallowing it almost without chewing. Then his eyes bulged; the pork had been packed in salt, drying out poor Kubah's mouth. The bear cast around for water and, finding none available, let out a little growl-moan of disappointment. His tongue hung out of his mouth as he tried to wet it with fog.

As was his way and profession, Maximus took to looting the corpses. The barricade, half-smashed and weighed down by the corpse of the huge rat monster, couldn't easily be bypassed to open what was left of the door, so he crawled out of the window to reach those that had died in the street. None of the mutants carried any gold crowns, and their weapons were mostly brittle and clumsily made. Their armor was even worse, damaged and reeking.

When the tomb robber made his way a bit up the street to where the ratman gunner had fallen, however, he saw that this one stood out. Though its armor was damaged beyond salvaging, its other belongings were not. Among them, Maximus got his first glimpse of the substance that had brought all the looters to this cursed city; in a large burlap sack, tied to the mutant's belt with coarse rope, he found a fist-sized chunk of glowing green rock. Wyrdstone. A piece of the fallen comet.

Maximus also turned up the pair of pistols the leader rat had wielded, hanging from the creature's bandolier by thin cords so that they could be dropped but not lost once fired. They were quite unlike the Middenheimer's manmade weapon. Tiny pieces of wyrdstone adorned the firing mechanism, and the gunpowder and bullets that accompanied them glowed slightly with the same poisonous green light. The experienced tomb robber was careful not to touch them bare-handed.

Whether they should be salvaged at all, of course, was an open question. Most of the band seemed against it.

While the others hacked off the heads and tails of the fallen mutants, Gustav and Konrad attempted to patch up the wounded. Unfortunately, the filth of battle had inundated the shop, and both quickly realized that this was no safe place to bind wounds - unless they wanted to make sure infection set in. They would have to either leave the city or find a new safehouse in which to operate. For now, Adam and Konrad would have to bear the bleeding and the pain.

The Middenheimer slapped Konrad on the back. "A good first kill, Herr Doktor. Ulric was with you."

Then the man clasped hands with Johan, congratulating him as well. "And a fine strike on that monster!" he cried, his mind somewhat returned now that the mutants were slain. "I am Karl Faust, Captain of..." He trailed off, his breath catching in his throat, then composed himself. "Once Captain of Faust's Finest. We came here to bring Wyrdstone back to His Majesty in Middenheim, the One True Emperor." His voice swelled with patriotic pride.

But the man deflated again a moment later. "We found our way to the Merchant Square, and we found it thick with shards of wyrdstone. But there is a creature there..." He shuddered at the memory. "A creature even fouler than these rats, with great leathery wings, a barbed tail, and terrible, slavering jaws. It drove us off, and as we fell back, the mutants ambushed us. There were twice as many as you fought here. We never stood a moment's chance..."

Another long pause, and he continued, voice choked with horror. "They killed everyone but me, and posed me in the middle of the road. Half of them took our wyrdstone and vanished back into the ruins. The rest lay in wait, jabbing me with their blades so that I would cry out... and lure in more victims like yourselves. We should be gone from here as soon as we can. The other half of them may return, and there are even more foul things lurking in this damned place."

He shivered. "If you can deliver me from the city alive, my pistol is yours. My fighting days are done."
    Last edited by Perilous; 2020-12-20 at 02:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"We have some helmets," Gustav said, "and I'm sure we can get more with the other stuff we found."

Then he looked at Karl Faust.
    "Yes, leaving seems like a good idea. Let's gather all the stuff and be off. We could all do with a bath, some food and a good night sleep and in that order."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Konrad stumbled forward for a moment, still off balance from the pain. He let out a soft chuckle, offering the Middenheimer captain a small grin at the compliment. "Suppose that He was! I'll have to offer a prayer and offering later for His guidance then." With the failure to bind the wounds again Konrad let out a small curse in Tilean once more before discarding the remains of the soiled bandages and wasted poultice. "Apologies Adam, this will have to do for now. With the foulness of these ratmen Shallya's mercy isn't going to be reaching us in here." Not wanting to waste another roll of bandages entirely, he salvaged what was still clean of the bandages and wrapping Adam's head. It wouldn't do much for healing or anything else, but at least the halfling wouldn't have to worry about blood getting into his eyes for the time being.

As Karl explained everything that was going on, Konrad paled a bit as he reached up to rub the back of his neck and looking at the rest of the warband. "And here we thought that the Merchant's Quarter was going to be the relatively safest. . . My condolences for the rest of your men Karl. With everything you're saying though. . yes, its best to be off. We'll have to take what we can. ." Konrad left the safety of the building to help Maximus, carrying what he could in the slingbag.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Maximus

Upon seeing the glowing pistols, ammo and the lump of wyrdstone Maximus smiles broadly. "We're rich lads. Lump of comet as big as my first!" he picks up the bag and takes the pistols and warpstone ammo carefully.

"Check the wounds lads. This bad rat be firing comet tainted bullets!"

Searching the rat by the window he grins at the strange throwing stars. And even wider at the vial of purple liquid.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I wouldn't take those pistols," Gustav said, "it looks quite dangerous. Maybe they're designed to turn you into one of them."

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Adam

He patted his head where the bandage was and thanked the doctor again "thanks - will get you the coin back for equipment back at town, if I make it - if not well I won't worry about it but there is a healing draught in my pocket that ya can have, not good enough for me in this state - as well as the rest oh my gear but I would ask ya ta kindly see my cut - or some of it - make its way to the moot for the family", he knew that if he took another serious hit it was likely over for him and didn't want to make the mistake that he had seen others make about not seeking to sort there families.

As the others gathered the stuff he considered "ratmen are not rare outside the Empire, Tilea knows of them the Dwarves know of them, the odd elf that joined companies knows of them it seems only the empire doesn't but in brief think of them more like goblins then beastmen - crafty, cunning, sneaky and cowardly. Cept where a goblin might have a catapult a ratman will have a cannon, where a goblin will have a bow a ratman will have a gun, but like goblins there are a lot of them and they travel in large groups" eyeing the Middenheimer "what Karl said about there being more of them makes a lot of sense, we should move on quickly".

Noting the concerns on the equipment "Halflings don't mutate like elves, dwarves or especially you humans - one of the reason we are hired to fight in Tilea, or at least never have in an story I ever heard so I can carry the rock stuff if needed - don't have the upper body strength to carry the other stuff anyway" he offered, he didn't particularly like doing so it still burned at times but better then one of the humans swelling up into some freak.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Well you did the wolf emperor proud today. Let's get you out of here, and move as swift as we can.

With that saidJohan listened intently and nodded along as Adam explained the basics of fighting ratmen, but otherwise stayed out of conversation, focusing instead on packaging various pieces of loot away to be transported at a run if needed. In a moment of vanity he'll exanguinate the rat-ogre's head and wrap it up thickly to take with him. Once his share of the looting is done he sniffs at the salted met to double check it's OK then snaks on it while impatiently waiting for all others to be done.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2020-12-20 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

8. - Top - End - #68

AssassinGuy

The warband took a moment to look over the spoils of battle, dividing some of them up and mentally spending the gold they'd earn for selling the rest. But it was never wise to tarry too long in one place in the cursed city of Mordheim. Unearthly howls in the distance, and the nervous insistence of Captain Faust, convinced even the most wealth-struck of the band that it was time to return with all possible speed to the gates of the city. The relative comforts of Brigandsburg called.

Actually moving all of the gear the group had scavenged was easier said than done. Even with everyone taking a share it was difficult to manage; much larger bags, or perhaps a mule, might be a good investment if they planned to lug this much loot away again. Still, they managed to half-carry, half-drag the lot of it back the way they'd come, heading for the eastern gate as swiftly as their injuries and overburdened state would permit.

Fortunately, they hadn't gone deep into the city, and had come along a straight path; even amid the fog and rubble, the way back was fairly obvious. Still, the journey was unnerving. Shadows seemed to flicker, and each man imagined the scurrying of ratlike paws behind every rustling he heard, and red rodent eyes in every ember or reflection. Gustav, Adam, and Maximus each felt something beyond the paranoia - a very real sense of impending danger, though they knew not why.

At last, the shattered bulk of the gate came into view... but this time, there were figures among the heavy oak fragments that littered the road. At first, all that could be seen of them was the gleam of metal, encasing each from head to toe. Then the fog shifted, and their appearance was more clear. There were five of them, each clad in mail and plate, their armor topped with blue and gold tabards emblazoned with the symbol of Sigmar's twin-tailed comet.

They were all women, though tall, broad, and muscular ones, and all of them bore huge warhammers.

"Stop," the foremost woman shouted, holding up one hand with the palm facing out in a gesture of powerful command. "If you bear wyrdstone, ye scavengers, go no further. We are warriors of the Order of Merciful Sisters of Sigmar, and it is our divine charge to ensure that the doom that came to this city does not spill out into the rest of the Empire. All of the comet's shards must be locked away in the vaults beneath our abbey, where they can do no more harm."

The other warrior-priestesses tightened their grips on their hammers. "Will you surrender any such prizes?"
    Last edited by Perilous; 2020-12-21 at 03:02 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

At the butcher's
    "Oh, no! Sorry, Papa! I wasn't thinking right. Should've rinsed off the salt first!" Gavrilo exclaims. "Here, have some water to wash the taste out. I'll spot you a grog when we get back to Brigandsburg," he comforts the bear, while pouring some water from his waterskin into Kubah's parched mouth.

At the gate
    "Do they got any right to be claimin' our prize? Do you think they might pay for it?" Gavrilo whispers to Max, who seems to be an old hand at looting and selling goods of questionable providence.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Sister," Gustav called out, making sure the warhammer of Sigmar on his armour was visible as well, "I am Gustav, initiate of the Order of the Silver Hammer. We carry with us two of the ratlings pistols. They do contain this strange stone, at least as we have been able to determine. However, we were bringing them to the witch hunters outside and I also wanted to show them to some others, like alchemists or some dwarves, so that they can study them and hopefully create a defense against them. I would say that finding a defense against these weapons is quite important, don't you think?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Maximus

The old robber nods to Gustav with a sly smile, and whispers to Gavrilo, "Best admit a half truth to fanataics like these eh, give 'em a few scraps and keep the choice cuts for ourselves.". he nods to the ladies, "Aye ladies, blessings O'the twin tail upon ye." He holds up the massive rat ogre head that Kunah had been dragging along. "We did fight rat men, a giant one and some wee ones."

He looks to Captain Faust and continues. "We rescued this Northern lad as well but got some arms and the like from some bodies we did find. The rat folk attacked us like my friend here said but we killed 'em off. But we high tailed it after that, not much time fer anything esle." He gestures at the pistols, making no mention of the heavy chunk of comet hidden in his sack wrapped in his filthy clothes. "As the lad here says, the rat's pistols glowing with the comet light. How much bounty do we get fer turning 'em over to you and not some of the other folk back at the camp?"

He waits for them to answer, not that convinced they have the right to mug them at the gates.

OOC

Fel if needed (1d100)[29] Fel 29

12. - Top - End - #72

AssassinGuy

The Sister Superior's reply was stony. "I pray ye touched them not with bare flesh. The stones, and all artifices created with them, bring corruption and mutation. Locked within the vaults of The Rock, beneath a mountain of granite and steel, they can do no further harm. But if they leave this place, even into the care of men who claim to bring Sigmar's justice..." She shook her head, her mail coif clinking against her breastplate. "We cannot allow it, Brother Gustav."

One of the other sisters, her voice as low and powerful as a church bell, spoke up as well. "The Grand Theogonist himself has declared in favor of the Prince of Altdorf, and his Witch Hunters hoard these stones so that he can swing the balance of power in the Empire as he chooses. We Sisters follow a higher calling: the protection of mankind." As one, the five warriors took a step forward, the implicit threat clear. "There is no reason we will permit the stones to leave."

Then Maximus made his offer, and the Sister Superior put up a hand, calling a halt. "If you speak true, enough blood has been spilled this day," she said, after a moment's consideration. "Show us what you have, and we will consider a parlay. I will endeavor to be fair, but those cursed items will remain here."
    Last edited by Perilous; 2020-12-21 at 03:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Adam

The halfling was annoyed, he half expected to be waylayed by less scrupulous mercenaries then himself, or thieves, or even peasants seeking to steal to feed themselves - not holy orders or woman who seemed to want to claim the moral high ground.

Still he didn't particularly want a fight with them as he looked the lead woman in the eye "lady I will take direction on you from this man here" he gestured to Johan "a native of this city before it fell and one who I don't think played it safe in a warded fortress. But if you make a fair offer for anything we might have gotten inside the city I would be partial to accepting it and possible depending on how fair the offer was giving you a preference for anything else we might get going forward".

His face took a hard set and his voice a hard edge "however we were not stopping people leaving the city to rob them, we were killing monstrous rat beasties inside the city" gesturing to the gigantic rat head container "while helping our fellows who had been ambushed survive to get out safely" nodding to Karl "so if ya are thinking of robbing us of anything we might have gotten and setting up a custom house at the gate for said burglary then ya might want to rethink the level of men ya think ya are dealing with - because I did not get shot in the head by a rat man for the benefit of your order" his voice became less harsh "so again I would ask ya to be fair about your dealings with us".

With that he would leave the decision to the others, stepping back so that if it came to blows he would be both out of the way and in a good position to deal with them as he had the rat men - a sharp stone through the body tended to sort out most brigands.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Maximus

He shuffles forward, careful to hold the guns in a rag, the hilts with the glowing wyrdstone firing pins obvious. He also pulls out the whip and the throwing stars. "Aye, we also took the whip and the odd star knife things. None glow, just trophies we might sell fer a pretty few bob."

Tapping his helm and gesturing at the plate bracers he continues, "Rest of our bounty is good Middenland steel. So be of no interest to you."

He offers the nearest sister the warp pistols. "So what reward they worth for ridding the city of corruption eh?"

15. - Top - End - #75

AssassinGuy

There was a long, tense moment as the Sister Superior searched Maximus's face for any sign of duplicity. The tomb robber had the sense that, isolated from the rest of the band as he was, she could have split his skull with a single hammer stroke - and would have liked for him to give her an excuse. But while she was well-armed and deeply pious, and though her biceps were as thick around as his neck, he had one thing she didn't - a great talent for lying.

"Keep your trophies," the warrior-priestess finally said, waving away the whip and throwing stars. "We have no interest in them." She reached out a gauntleted hand and took the wrapped pistols, examining them with eyes full of righteous judgement. "Wicked things," she muttered, and the four sisters behind her made the sign of the hammer against their chests to ward off evil. "These certainly must be locked away forever."

She paused, considering what she should offer in return - she was clearly more accustomed to her confrontations ending in battle. "We of the Sisterhood do not carry gold with us," she finally said, "but I can offer you other compensation. In exchange for peacefully tuning over these tools of the Enemy to us, we will furnish you with blessed relics of protection - and a few healing supplies, so that your wounded may more easily leave this place. Is this acceptable?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The Sisters offer the following in trade:
    • One Relic of Protection for each warband member (Acts as a Lucky Charm, page 123)
    • 3 Healing Draughts

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gustav made the sign of the hammer when the sisters did, so ingrained was the motion in his muscle memory. When the sisters made their offer, he looked at the rest of the band and slightly nodded his head to indicate that he would accept. Well, at least the pistols would be safe, although there was one thing he thought he should mention.

"Sister, if I may offer a warning," he said, "you keep these below your fortress. Normal rats can dig, and I assume large rats can dig as well. Be forever vigilant."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Johan chocked for half a second as these figures became clear, while he had few personal ties to the sisters, he recognised them as a thing of good from the past of mordheim, and something it was good to see survive until today. A half-dozen of his freinds had looked towards the order as a place safe from the streets he evaded through military service, though Sigmar knows how far any of them made it. He turned to reply to Adam after the halfling turned to him

The sister's make better then fair dealings from all I recall, and even those who are most given to kindness have got to be slow to trust in this city today, you know that Adam. And I don't think any sane man would have strayed from the Rocks walls as soon as they did, journeying into this city in those days would hae been madness tried and true.

I would say this dealing is fair, Sigmar knows we need his protection, now as much as ever and while the doctor does good work more medicines would benefit us greatly.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Adam

The halfling held his tongue about his suspicions of the women - to him gathering up rocks that apparently were corrupt was the kindof thing he could see people do if they wanted to protect others or if they wanted to corrupt others and he didn't know the sisters well enough to guess which they were.
    He was more interested in getting paid then theology anyway, but healing and luck were vital and payment enough in his view for the guns.

"You say it is a fine deal for the guns then I am happy with it" he said to Johan, looking to the sister "and if we come across anything else you might want, how should we get in contact? As a note we do like gold - helping and help is good but you can't eat it or build a house and an easy life using it".

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Blessed relics of Sigmar for a couple o' guns none of us can use? That's a fair deal if ever there was one. We should accept and celebrate our good fortune!" Gavrilo whispers excitedly to the others.

20. - Top - End - #80

RedWizardGuy

Konrad rubbed the side of his head when the Sisters mentioned that the weapons were corrupting properties and the stone even more so. He would have to make sure no parts of stone were in his skull or Adam's. Sigmar preserve them if they started to turn out like the ratmen or mutate.

Once they were safe it would be his highest priority. As for the talking he left it to the others, nodding his head and making the sign of the hammer. When negotiations seem to come closer to the end he spoke up. "Does... that mean that the Grand Theogonist and others know of how dangerous these rat creatures are?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Maximus

Maximus nods and smiles at the stern looking Sister giving her a leery wink. "You want to shake on that Sister?" he says offering a filthy grime and blood encrusted hand.

Handing over the pistols he is happy for the trade. As they leave the sisters he chats to the others, patting the pouch where the massive chunk of wyrdstone is safe. "Good deal eh, we still got or money maker in the bag now and then ladies seemed happy. I think that one what was doing the talking was sweet on me."

As they head back to camp he looks to others, "so lads, what next, drinks and then selling the bounty?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I doubt it," Gustav said to Maximus, "as to your other suggestion, I would say get our wounds taken care of and then a bath. Afterwards we can go about selling our stuff and drinking and eating."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Umm, does anyone even know who to sell that glowing rock to?" Gavrilo asks hesitantly. "The Sisters seemed sure it's a thing of evil and they should know, right? What if the only people that'll buy it are bad people or even...sorcerers!" he whispers fearfully.

24. - Top - End - #84

AssassinGuy

"We are vigilant unto eternity, Brother Gustav," one of the Sisters replied. "Our vaults shall never be breached. We shall not permit it." She turned to Konrad, a frown crossing her face. "I could not say what the Grand Theogonist knows of this particular breed of beastmen. Certainly he knows that the creatures of chaos are unleashed here. But they will be defeated. This rat tribe is unusually well-organized, but that will not save them from holy fire."

The Sister Superior's lip curled with distaste at Maximus's manner, and she made no move to shake his hand. Still, she nodded at the other Sisters, and they brought forward the goods they had promised. The relics were small silver pendants in the shape of Sigmar's hammer, probably worth a little coin just for the material and workmanship - let alone the protection the Sisters claimed they could provide. The draughts were a deep, earthy green inside their glass bottles.

"If you are wise," the Sister Superior said, "you will never return to this place. If we find you attempting to leave the city with corrupted goods again, we will meet as enemies. Only those who turn over their wyrdstone to the vaults of The Rock can pass without challenge. Remember this well." Then, as one, the warrior-priestesses shouldered their hammers and trudged off into Mordheim, heading fearlessly back the way that the warband had come.

At last, the seven men - and one bear - tasted the fresh air beyond the city walls. It reeked of the normal smells of the Empire - damp leaves, campfire smoke, and pig excrement - but was clean of the vile, unnatural decay that pervaded every inch of Mordheim. Captain Faust fell to his knees, a choked sob of joy issuing from his throat, and grabbed a handful of grass in his armored fist. "By the gods," he whispered, "we're alive. Praise be to Ulric."

He pushed himself back to his feet and coughed, gathering his thoughts. "I thought those fanatics might kill us, right there at the city's edge. But you handled yourselves well." The big man looked down, not meeting anyone's gaze. "I'm never going back there. If you'll take my advice, you shouldn't either. No money is worth it. Sooner or later, you'll find something so horrible that... Well, your lives, or your souls, will never recover." He shuddered as he remembered.

Then Faust unstrapped his pistol and powder horn, holding them out to the warband. "A promise is a promise. I thank you for treating my wounds and seeing me safely out of Mordheim. I've enough coin stashed away to hop a coach back to Middenland. My brother-in-law owns a farm there; perhaps he'll take me on as a hired hand." He shook his head, chasing away any thoughts of other possible employment. "I've seen too much horror to go back to the army."

Beyond Faust, just down the road, Brigandsburg awaited. Shops, bandages, drinks, relatively clean beds, all within reach. "If you're looking to sell that chunk of rock," Faust advised, sticking around a moment more (though he clearly was eager to be away), "I can tell you where my band would bring it: Eigor Kreuzmann. He represents the Wolf Emperor here in Brigandsburg, and gives fair prices for wyrdstone to support the war effort."

"You can find him at the Raging Bear tavern, a fitting place for your crew." He shot Kubah a parting smile.

Of course, there were certain to be other wyrdstone dealers in town, and they would be easy to find. Representatives of the Grand Theogonist would certainly be around, witch hunters whipping up the peasantry to crusade into the city. And it was rumored that emissaries of Count Vlad of Sylvania paid well for the substance. Altdorfers and Marienburgers were less common in this particular town than Cutthroat's Den or Sigmarhaven, but they would be around.

The warband would have a choice to make. Whoever they sold it to, the rock would pay for their beds and more.
    Last edited by Perilous; 2020-12-23 at 02:05 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Adam

The sisters annoyed him - he had offered them an easy way to get what they wanted and they had ignored it and threatened them instead, but shrugged it off "if you actually want to protect that stuff from rat men you should hire a dwarf to check your vault security" he muttered.

When they were out he turned to Karl "we can take the gun if you want to be done with it, but you killed a rat man with it and it would be a shame for some beast on the road to get you after that if you find yourself underequipped, Mordheim is dangerous but so are many places - but your call".

Once they were more settled and further away he looked at the group "so decision time, the sisters didn't offer us anything so I am not inclined to give it to them, this wolf emperor might be more reasonable and we have a bit of an in with Eigor Kreuzmann so might be better to go that route. The Moot borders Sylvania and the field wardens have to consistently battle the dead at the border - so I would not be inclined to give it to this Vlad character, if he can't keep his own dead under control and not walking on other peoples lands then he likely can't be trusted with much else".

"But I am easy going about this providing we get paid, I think we should sell it quickly however before some thief pickpockets us or the like" he finished "so preference is this Eigor guy unless we come across someone else better".

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sounds good to me," Gustav said, not really caring which emperor he supported. Gustav wanted one emperor who would unite the country again, but he didn't really care who it was. He only hoped that the internal fighting would stop soon and they could concentrate again on the outside threats.

27. - Top - End - #87

RedWizardGuy

Konrad rubbed the back of his neck once the Sisters had gone. He didn't like lieing to them but they definitely would have fought if the Wyrdstone had been revealed. Was this going to be his life now in Mordheim? Upon thinking on what he has just experienced a shiver ran down his spine. Part of him, most of him, wanted to leave and never return. With this one run he would surely have plenty of karls to put him and his family up comfortably. However, he looked over to the Middenheimer. If he wasn't there the man would have died. There was plenty good someone of his profession could do in the damned city. Regardless, Adam would need help and he had time to determine if he should stay or not.

"I'm not... too partial on whoever claims the Imperial throne, so if anyone has strong feelings I'm fine with either. If this Count Vlad is having difficulties with the undead perhaps we should set aside some to sell to them? It could help them take care of their undead problem. A lot of villages suffer like that and I would like to help them. But. . . What are we going to do if we encounter the Sisters again?"

When it came to downtime the first thing he did was get back to work. He would secure some relatively clean room at an inn to be able to work on Adam and himself. Now that they were out of combat the Warband, or at least Adam, could see how he actually worked. Rags were boiled before being dried , and the tools were carefully sanitized. "My teacher had an idea on how to keep wounds clean. . . Seems a bit overboard, but I can't fault its effectiveness."

His hands were much steadier now and he would unwrap the makeshift bandage. Before he really began he'd offer some liquor to Adam, and whether or not he accepted he would pour more over the wound after giving a warning to brace himself. "I don't know if there was anything in those bullets, but with Shallya's mercy this and a good cleaning should keep it clean and allow it to heal well."

Once Adam was taken care of, it was Konrad's turn and this time he called upon Gustav for aid. If Gustav accepted he'd walk the initiate through the process step by step, doing much the same as he did for Adam sans the poultice. "I have a confession Gustav. . I do not know if I should return to the city. . . This run along would set my family and I up for a whi- Damn that stings! Every time. . . But, we'd be set up for a while. . . I think I could still do good here though, and I'm conflicted."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Maximus

As Faust takes his leave Maximus makes sure to give him a warm handshake and wish him well. "Wolf watch you and keep the fires burning Faust, farming be a dammned site safer than combing this cesspool of a city. Make sure the beastmen don't snatch ye..." he jokes as the Captain takes his leave.

With teh captain gone he grins at the others looking at the spoils they've managed to acquire. "Aye lads, we well here. But it were dangerous with those rats about. Have to keep a weather eye out fer more of them. And.." he taps the plate bracers and the pile of Middenheim loot, "We did well looting our own, not that I'm happy that the lad Faust led his men to their deaths, but it weren't a bad way for us to get rich. When you lads stop bleeding maybe we follow another group in, we can either loot alongside them or hang back and see if they bait a trap?" He pauses to see if anyone esle balks at such a cold hearted plan.

As to the wyrdstone, he he taps the bag. "I ain't had much luck finding any of that comet, so I'm happy to go to the lad Faust suggested. I ain't a fan Lady Mergaretta if she be letting them Sisters steal the stone, and I've heard nothing good from Sylvania so I agree with Adam. Nothing for that Count Vlad. I ain't got no problem with the White Wolf and I don't Faust will have cursed our luck with Ranalds' eyes."
    He looks to the others to see if the agree before heading to the Raging Bear. He grins at Gavrilo, "Aye, its a good name. And when we shift this lump o'rock I'll set about getting barrel of ale fer you and the bear.

OOC:
    I'll add a another post if we all agree to head to the bear to meet this Eigor Kreuzmann

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"For me it's okay to check this Eigor out and see what he has to offer," Gustav said, "I also don't trust this Von Carnstein. Dark rumours have come out of that province. But first our wounded, okay?"

He of course went with Dr. Konrad and helped where he could, trying to learn stuff.
    "Don't worry about it, Konrad," he said, "I'm also troubled by what I've seen. We all are, whether we admit it or not.
    As to your decision, that's yours to make and yours alone. I would love to have you with us, as we have seen a healer is invaluable in this city and while I have learned from you, I still have a lot to learn. However, I would not think less of you if you were to go. Maybe you can pray to Sigmar for guidance. That's what I'm going to do after we sell our stuff."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Konrad, no. Giving this to people who can barely keep thier own house in order is the quickest way to get it into the hnds of the empire's enemies. And the Von Carstien's house is Sylvania, the least orderly place south of the wastes. I say any imperial candinate besisides the one of Ottila's house is fine in my book. I might have reached out to the Rieklanders, they've always been decent enough sorts. But we have an in with thies Eigor man and I say we take it fast, neither benefits from making issues over here.

And Maximus I can't say I love the sound of your plan, not only will it get us shunned from every decent drinking spot as the vultures praying on the vultures it'll be damn easy for warbands with unsavoury ties to turn that back into an ambush on us.